Gamer Giving

((Posting this here as well, as I don't know if every one here visits TAC as well))

Tycho and Gabe over at Penny Arcade are once again holding their annual toy drive for Children's hospitals accross the US and in two other countries. Child's Play is a means for gamers to give gaming systems, games, books, toys, arts and craft supplies and any other thing a child could want to Children's Hostpitals.

It is also an opportunity for gamers to give them selves some better hype. Personally that isn't why I'm donating.

My oldest daughter has spent time in our local Children's Medical Center and had it not been for the books, toys, video games we would not have made it through that greif filled week. A week is a drop in the bucket for alot of the children in those hospitals. These children need something to help keep their minds off of their situation. This is an opportunity for us as gamers to give them a step into a world we have come to know and love.

Mathias 18 years ago
Thanks Meegan - I always donate to child's play,though lickily my son hasn't spent any significant time in the hospital since he was born!

Plus it's sure to annoy Jack Thompson and who doesn't like doing that?
Nyra 18 years ago
What a wonderful cause. Thank you so much for letting us know Meegan! I will be checking into this more.
Alec Devereaux 18 years ago
Good show.
Addison 18 years ago
I hear they did pretty well last year with the donations.
Ginnie 18 years ago
They raised $5 million in toys and cash last year.