Apartment Sweet Apartment

Getting the wolf home was easier than he expected; once Skodde was coaxed into leaving the small brownstone by the bone he followed readily enough. Alfarinn smiled at him and set the bone down in the kitchen.

"You've been very good. Thank you, Skodde."

Who knew what Lykaios had called the canine but without some sort of collar or tag there was no object upon which to possibly garner such information.

He placed Natt's mate on the counter and saw Natt settle in protectively beside her. Digging around in the kitchen, he found them both some suitable food before considering the animals all taken care of for the moment.

Alfarinn turned back to Thaddeus with a grin and leaned in towards his companion. Feeling around in Thaddeus's pockets for his phone, he felt the extra touches were absolutely necessary. Alfarinn layed his arm gently on Thaddeus's shoulder and dialed the number with the tip of his thumb; leaning in for a quick kiss while he waited for it to connect, he then put the phone to his ear and headed down the hall.

It was a quick conversation to let Dani know that they and the wolf were home safe and he thanked her again for coming to help them so quickly and so much.

He hung up the phone and set it on the counter in the bathroom and then moved to turn on the water for the shower. Setting out a couple of towels, he then carefully undressed here on the tile lest he track more grime than necessary elsewhere. Piling up the clothes into a small stack off to one side, Alfarinn turned to his companion.

"So shall we conserve more water? Behaving or not is entirely optional."

Thaddeus Grey 18 years ago
Thaddeus unlocked the door and followed Alfarinn and Skodde into the apartment, watching the wolf pad into the kitchen and sniff at the bone before settling in. He was, however, somewhat distracted by the feel of his companion once again searching his pockets, though he was hardly complaining at the contact.

Moving down the hall after Alfarinn, he checked over his shoulder a few times to ensure Skodde was still in the kitchen and, for the moment at least, busy with his bone. Alfarinn did not stay on the phone long, though the short conversation made him wonder if he shouldn’t call anyone as well. Morrigan would need to be brought up to speed, and Simon as well. He wished there was a good way of reaching Mai, but for the moment that would prove complicated.

Finally deciding that the news of The Wolf’s death would have the same effect whether he told them now or later, he continued into the bathroom as Alfarinn got things ready. In response to the query he gave Alfarinn a raised eyebrow before pulling his own shirt over his head.

“Naturally.”

Carefully removing the red cord from around his neck and hanging it on its usual hook, he pushed off his shoes and removed the rest of his clothing, save the collar, and set everything in a neat pile. Odd considering he doubted he would be keeping any of said clothing, though in his mind that was no reason to be messy.

“One of these days I will figure out the clasps on these things…of course, then I wouldn’t have a shameless excuse.” He moved closer, nearly touching, and tilted up his chin, moving the clasp around to his throat with his thumb. “If you could?”
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn smiled and ran his hands along Thaddeus's chest before getting up to the collar around his neck.

"Oh good. I would hate to be environmentally unfriendly. "

It was good to be home, and yes, somehow this was home; Alfarinn believed anywhere Thaddeus was staying would likely to be home from now on. The water running behind him and the steam was beginning to collect on the mirrors promising a soothing heat to sore muscles.

Considering all they had been through, he decided that picking his lover up and carrying him into the shower would be unwise, the injuries were still healing after all. Finishing opening the clasp, Alfarinn closed the short distance between them as he pulled the collar off. His intent was to kiss Thaddeus gently but as soon as his lips touched the warm ones beneath his own, he found himself more insistent. Setting the collar down, gently on the counter without breaking contact, Alfarinn was then free to move both hands up to Thaddeus's jaw, his kiss becoming more light and tender as his thumbs gently traced along that smooth line.

Finally he leaned back and then turned to step into the shower, extending a hand to his companion with a smile.

"We shouldn't keep the warm water waiting and then there is the bed to be considerate of. "
Thaddeus shivered at the cool fingers playing along his chest, smiling when they reached the collar and carefully undid the clasp. He let his eyes fall closed at the kiss, returning the somewhat unexpected passion with intensity he hadn’t realized he had, exhausting as the events of the night had been. Wrapping his arms around Alfarinn, he pulled his companion closer, running one hand up the sculpted back. The light touch along his jaw was enough to make his knees go weak, so affectionate and tender, and he found he was holding on more firmly even as Alfarinn was pulling away to go to the shower.

[Wait.]

He carefully untied the knot that kept the bottom of Alfarinn’s braid in place, reaching over to place the cord on the counter, by the collar. Resting his head on Alfarinn’s shoulder, he carefully worked his fingers through the braid, unraveling it slowly and letting the long strands fall free.

[As concerned as I am with giving the bed its proper consideration…I will admit at the moment I am far more concerned with you.]

Having his hands in Alfarinn’s hair was something he didn’t believe he would ever tire of, and he took his time, nuzzling his companion’s neck and planting soft kisses as he made his way up the braid. In the back of his mind he reflected for a brief moment on just how much he needed Alfarinn here; Thaddeus wasn’t dwelling on still healing injuries or replaying the night over and over in his mind, as he would have were he alone. Instead there was the feel of Alfarinn’s cool skin on his cheek, soft hair in his hands, affection and passion and love, and the intimacy born of the knowledge that together they had survived something they could not have managed alone.

[I don’t think I mentioned before…how incredibly sexy you look with your hair braided.]

He had mostly intended to distract both of them from thinking further about the darker parts of the evening, though he found as he made the comment that he was truly glad to have said as much, to have the opportunity to say so, when he had been, for whatever reason, too shy to speak before. Looking up as he finished undoing the braid, he grinned a little before gently kissing Alfarinn’s jaw.

[I suppose that goes without saying, but I thought perhaps I should mention it anyway.]

He gently removed the second cord at the top of the braid and let the hair fall loose down Alfarinn’s back, taking a moment to run his fingers through the strands to ensure it was completely free. Taking Alfarinn’s hand in his, he moved toward the shower, stepping inside and moving back to let his companion follow.

“I suppose we should be reasonably quick; the warm water may well have given up on us.”
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn stepped back out and looked at his companion with patient amusement. The hands on his hair reminded him of the braid. He had totally forgotten in his haste to 'get clean'.

[Oh..]

He smiled and closed his eyes as the first small tie was undone. The hair had been bound tightly together for so long that it sent little tickling feelings along the strands as they were released; Thaddeus's fingers gently pulling it loose added to those tingling sensations in a way that made shivers go up his spine. He held onto his lover's waist for support and was certain that he'd gladly let Thaddeus play with his hair for hours if his companion was so inclined.

[You do the best things for me]

Alfarinn sighed contentedly as Thaddeus continued patiently working on the braid. He was rather surprised by the attention though he wasn't quite certain why, he guessed it was because he felt that Thaddeus should have it at the moment and it seemed odd for this time to be taken to be focused on doing something for him. However, that was his impression of things and obviously his companion felt that he needed to be cared for as well and that was a comforting sweet thought that made him smile.

[It does?]

He looked at Thaddeus to see if he was joking; it seemed that his companion liked his hair loose, he had been told it looked nice that way enough before to be reasonably certain that this was a common opinion and not just his lover's high estimation of him, but this was a new compliment that he'd never heard before and Alfarinn couldn't help but grin that the look was somehow also appealing.

Alfarinn looked bemused at why it would go without saying and his grin hitched up higher on one side in an slightly self conscious smirk. Looking down and blushing, the hair not yet free enough to cover it, he sent

[Well one could say that -technically- it still did go without saying but then I don't think I should split hairs on such a detail while someone is paying me a compliment. ]

Alfarinn gave Thaddeus a squeeze and a smile to let him know that he was absolutely teasing and appreciated the sentiment greatly.

[Thank you. Your own has become quite a bit longer. It looks nice on you but then I can't imagine it not no matter what length it was. ]

He enjoyed playing with the light blonde strands of Thaddeus's hair and running his hands lightly through it; the length didn't matter so much as it all felt good and certainly all seemed to look good on the Anantya. It made him wonder just how long Thaddeus's hair had been when he was turned.

The freeing of the last of his hair and the gentle kiss distracted him from such thoughts. He would willingly follow Thaddeus anywhere but at this moment he felt himself quite easily led by the hand in his and promise of more close contact to come. Amused at himself and Thaddeus's comment at the same time, Alfarinn shook his head and stepped into the shower.

" I should hope it would have more patience. Good things come to those who wait and we are -good- things, wonderful even. But you're right warm water is often too eager and has no stamina."

He picked up the shampoo before his companion could take it and grinned.

"You first"

Alfarinn poured a coin sized portion of shampoo into his hand and then carefully worked it through the soft strands, making sure to get the soap all the way through. He grimaced slightly at seeing flakes of dried blood in several places and decided not to dwell over long on who's it was. They were here and alive after all and now was not the time to be morose. Pulling Thaddeus gently against his chest, he tilted his lover's head down and worked his fingers through the lower portion along the nape of his neck. He then tilted Thaddeus's head back with a finger under his chin, and started to wash the soap out..

Fingering the strands and looking closely, he decided it was probably going to need to be washed again to be entirely clean which made him wonder just how much of the shampoo was going to be necessary to clean his own which had laid on the ground and likely had his blood, wolf blood, a feather or two, some fur in it... he couldn't imagine it looking terribly good at the moment and wondered again how Thaddeus managed to find him sexy even now.
Thaddeus could hardly help but smile at Alfarinn’s open surprise when he brought up the braided hair, though his expression turned more serious when his companion pointed out that he hadn’t done the best job of expressing his point of view. It was good that Alfarinn seemed to understand what he was getting at but he made a mental note to be more clear in the future.

[You deserve the best things; I do what I can. I will, however, have my lawyer sign off on future compliments.]

He reached up and felt at a strand of his own hair, realizing it was, indeed, noticeably longer. He vaguely recalled making a note of needing to trim it, but naturally there had been so much going on that he had quite forgotten.

[I think it makes me look younger this way…I’m glad you like it though.]

Raising one eyebrow at Alfarinn’s remark, he shook his head, amused.

“Well, one can hardly blame the water for being too eager.”

He closed his eyes and tilted back his head, both to get his hair wet and to avoid looking down at the dirty water running down the drain. The hot water came as quite a relief on grimy skin and he felt he could stay in the shower for quite some time before he felt completely clean. Fortunately, Alfarinn was here to keep him from simply standing under the spray for an excessive amount of time. He was more than glad to be cooperative with his companion’s efforts to get his hair clean, tilting his chin up at Alfarinn’s touch and inching closer to keep his hands on cool skin, smiling a little as he remembered that good behavior was, indeed, optional.

Once his hair was free of soap, though he suspected another washing would likely be in order, he moved to take the shampoo bottle from his companion, but paused as his fingers came into contact with Alfarinn’s arm, where the water had rinsed away the surface grit and blood, exposing pink tracks made more flushed by the heat.

He knew the last remnants of their encounter would fade, or at least the physical evidence; likely they would both be completely healed in a few hours, in fact. He was, perhaps for that reason, unsure of how to feel as he ran his hand over Alfarinn’s arm and along his side, up to his throat, his touch gentle and a bit uncertain. He had, he realized, developed that slight crease in his brow that came to him when reading a book or concentrating on a particularly difficult piano piece, and he looked up, raising his eyebrows more to clear the frown than as any expression in and of itself.

He pulled his hand away, reaching for the shampoo bottle and remembering how he had continued walking as the wolves approached Alfarinn. He wondered if he could do that again, if he had to, and doubted it very much in this moment.

[You didn’t hesitate. Just…walked up to those wolves…]

Pulling Alfarinn close, he drew them both under the water and simply held on to his companion for a moment before looking up again.

[I don’t know how I kept walking.]

Realizing that he really did need to stop from going on in that vein, he poured a small amount of shampoo into one hand and began gently washing Alfarinn’s hair, adding more shampoo to his hand as he made his way from the roots down. As with most matters pertaining to Alfarinn’s hair, he was both careful and thorough, running his fingers through to the scalp and gently untangling and he made his way down. By the time he reached the ends he realized that he had used a rather generous amount of shampoo and even then his companion would probably want for another wash after rinsing.

Standing on tiptoe, he guided Alfarinn’s head under the water, softly instructing him to close his eyes and using his fingers to part the hair as warm water streamed over it, gradually rinsing the soap away. Once rinsed, he reached up, running his thumb softly along Alfarinn’s lower lip before rising up for a kiss, letting the water pour over them both as he wrapped his arms around his companion’s waist.

[Feel a bit better?]
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn looked down and wondered if his companion didn't take his comment quite as he had hoped.

[ I don't think a lawyer will be necessary tangling with the Mighty Slayer of Cabinets is enough to give me pause besides I'm not complaining about compliments so long as you excuse my blushing awkward attempts to accept them with some small amount of grace. ]

He smiled contently though at Thaddeus's affirmation that he deserved the best things.

[I have the best thing I can think of right here. There's nothing more I could want for.]

Everything else that Thaddeus did for him was generally over and above his expectations and just made being with Thaddeus that much better. The movies always showed people deliriously happy and while they seem to leave out every day concerns, Alfarinn would have to admit that it seemed such things did actually happen.

Looking at Thaddeus's hair, he said

[ Yes, there is more of you to play with.]

That didn't come out quite as he intended. Alfarinn chuckled at his own inept comment and amended.

[ Ah... hmmm... Yes, well, in certain ways that is always a good thing but I would like to make it known that I am quite content with you as you are. ]

Alfarinn watched Thaddeus silently as his lover gently traced his fingers across healing skin. His expression neutral but masking the growing concern at Thaddeus's feelings.

[I did what I had to.]

He shrugged slightly to dismiss it but was glad to be pulled close and be held by Thaddeus. In truth it was very difficult to focus on the wolves while knowing Lykaios was attacking Thaddeus. Alfarinn felt he was perhaps in less danger of the two of them and only knowing that the killer was likely to focus on his companion no matter what he did was the only thing that compelled him to take down the wolves instead. His hope being to eliminate the threat as soon as possible in order to aid Thaddeus. It did not go as planned and it was quite possible that his lover saved his life. It had been Thaddeus's dagger that killed the first wolf and Thaddeus's command that stopped Lykaios from attacking him just as the other wolf did so.

[You did what you had to.]

Alfarinn ran his hand along his lover's back in long easy strokes, leaning his cheek against the wet blonde hair.

[My brave beloved.]

It is difficult to understand how someone managed to find the strength to do things after the need is gone but it had been there none the less. Alfarinn never doubted it in Thaddeus's case; his companion had been remarkably brave through this entire dangerous and trying affair.

He let the thoughts of the event slip from his mind as Thaddeus gently washed his hair. Smiling at his lover and holding him close again, he said.

[Much better. Thank you ]
[I will admit, my well meant comments occasionally go astray; the lawyer would be for my benefit in saying what I mean.]

He could recall the first awkward attempt he had made at complimenting Alfarinn’s hair as they were getting ready to go to the club for the first time and felt his cheeks heat up at that memory. What must Alfarinn have made of him? It was something of a relief to know that at least now his companion seemed to understand his intentions.

His blush only intensified at the remark on the length of his hair, and he was glad they were in close proximity so that he could bury his face in the cool comfort of Alfarinn’s neck, though he was certain his reaction was obvious enough in any case. He did believe that the comment was made innocently enough and thought it best to respond in kind.

[Consider it yours to play with; I certainly can’t seem to keep my hands off yours.]

There simply wasn’t any possible way he could blush any more deeply; he was certain his very toes were red now.

[My hair…I mean…not that I mind…you see why I need a lawyer?] He was, by this point, shaking with the effort to keep from laughing, though he sobered quickly enough as they continued on with the process of getting Alfarinn’s hair clean.

Leaning into the embrace, thoughts of the hot water running out now the furthest thing from his mind, he held on tightly, unwilling for the moment to let go. There was a strength to Alfarinn’s words, spoken so resolutely, and a truth to them as well, though he couldn’t help but make the matter more complicated.

It had all seemed so black and white in the moment, though he supposed instinct and self preservation overrode thoughtful relativism in the heat of the moment, but now it was hard to steer away from the gray areas. The murky waters between bravery and insanity, between being strong enough to do what you knew was right and having the strength to overcome what you knew was wrong. It went against every instinct to leave Alfarinn behind, just as using his command in the heat of the moment had, at the time, felt like the only thing he could have done.

He supposed such things showed the measure of one’s self, and he found himself asking if he would have done anything differently given more time to think.

He wasn’t certain what the belief that he would have made the same choices said about him. Some things, he knew, as much as he would like to believe otherwise, weren’t really choices at all, though he held himself responsible as if they were. And as much as he struggled to understand just how he had come to act as he had, he understood this was a part of who he was.

Ultimately, though, Alfarinn was right, and he was liable to make himself crazy thinking any other way. He was a person who could act with ruthless determination when that was needed, but the man tenderly washing his lover and stealing kisses all the while was just as much a part of him.

[My love. I have so much to be brave for.]

He rather reluctantly pulled away after another moment, pushing aside the shower curtain and grabbing two wash cloths off the shelf. Then he grabbed two more, as they were liable to get dirty fairly quickly.

He moved the soapy washcloth in small circles over Alfarinn’s skin, careful to be gentle where it was still healing.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn thought for a brief moment that he had managed to get away with that comment with minimal attention to it then his companion said it was his to play with, which led his mind astray making him want to ask just -what- was his. The further statement that he couldn't keep his hands off Alfarinn's own caused him to raise his eyebrows and chuckle. Certainly Thaddeus was talking about his hair but that was not where his own mind had been.

Looking down he found Thaddeus very charming with his face buried in his shoulder and held him tighter; he was certain that his companion was blushing but the heat of the water made it difficult to tell.

As Thaddeus became more serious and they spoke of what happened Alfarinn wished there were better ways to know what his companion was thinking. Despite being bonded and an empath, he just could not know what part Thaddeus concerned himself over that he felt too trivial to say or dismissed as his own anxiety and not something worth mentioning. Alfarinn was concerned with it all, every little seemingly trivial thought, but they did communicate quite well and what needed to be said always managed to be said.

Smiling at Thaddeus's statement, he squeezed him tighter a moment before letting him go as Thaddeus leaned back. The gentle feel of the washcloth scrubbing dirt off his skin made him sigh contentedly, the heat of the water and Thaddeus's attentions relaxed muscles that had been tense with both exertion and exhaustion.

[Mmm... so tell me Thaddeus, what was this other that you didn't mind?]
Thaddeus gave a soft snort when Alfarinn, who he had suspected was behaving a bit too well, made his query. He returned to his task with somewhat exaggerated concentration, the corner of his mouth betraying his thoughts, and moved to Alfarinn’s back, taking great care to wash over every inch of skin. Frowning at the washcloth, which in spite of rinsing several times was beginning to appear somewhat dingy, he picked up a new cloth and began the process over again.

[Hmm?]

Smirking, he moved back to face Alfarinn, though his expression faded back into seriousness as he trailed his fingers along his companion’s side. He pulled away enough to drop down to his knees and went back to the solemn and important task of getting his companion clean, running the washcloth down long legs before sliding one hand back up the now soapy skin as a sculptor might inspect freshly carved marble. No longer entirely feigning his complete engagement with his task, he gently placed a line of kisses along the bottom of Alfarinn’s ribcage as he washed, letting his hands feel their way along his companion’s form.

Deciding his work was likely quite well done indeed, he sat back on his heels, looking up with a beatific expression of innocence.

[Oh…I imagine you can guess.]
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn left his eyes drift shut again as his companion worked on his back and arms, relaxed enough to sway slightly with each movement of the cloth on his skin. He wondered in amusement if he was going to be able to get his limbs awake enough to return in kind but felt that it was his sacred duty this night to wash Thaddeus as well and he'd do it even if he had to hold the washcloth in his teeth.

Thaddeus's innocent query did not fool him in the slightest and Alfarinn smirked a little and waited patiently for an admission of some kind.

He opened his eyes in momentary surprise when his companion slid down to his knees; the further attention to his lower half was enough to keep him quite awake. In fact he found that the gentle touches were arousing an energy he didn't think he had. The light kisses made him sigh and reach out to hold onto the wall as his eyes closed once more in order to better concentrate on the feel of those warm caresses to his cool skin.

Thaddeus moved away from him again and Alfarinn looked down at his lover. The image was enough to make his breath catch in his chest. Thaddeus looked so young and sweet, kneeling naked and wet and smiling up at him with the face of innocence. Alfarinn moaned inside his own head at the sight and wondered if he was expected to come up with an intelligent response while his companion was looking so thoroughly enchanting and so infinitely corruptible. Of course his words suggested Thaddeus was anything but.

[ You tempt me so...]

Alfarinn knelt down in front of his companion and captured that sweet smile, running his hands down the smooth wet surface of Thaddeus's back as he pulled him close.

[ I think I might. ]

He continued his kisses in a line along his companion's jaw and moved down to slowly to run his lips along the graceful curve of Thaddeus's neck. Alfarinn nipped once lightly before leaning back.

[ You know such innocence tastes inviting. ]

With that he turned and picked up a washcloth and the soap and began his own careful cleaning still kneeling in the warm spray of the shower. He trailed his lips gently along the pink lines that were healing across Thaddeus's face and neck and down to the deeper ones that temporarily marked the perfect pale skin of his lover's chest.

It hurt to see such evidence of injury and yet they were alive and he knew that was the better part to focus on. Alfarinn pulled Thaddeus close to lean against him while he gently removed the dirt and blood from his lover's back.

[Stand for me, please.]
Thaddeus found that he was quite glad to be on his knees at the moment, as Alfarinn’s attentions would have likely brought him there anyway. He pushed off his heels, rising to meet the kiss, and wrapped one arm around Alfarinn’s waist to keep his balance. Sighing as those cool lips moved down his jaw to his neck, it took him a moment to articulate a response to his lover’s comment.

[I feel it is only fair; after all, you tempt me to the point I can hardly keep my feet.]

He didn’t quite know how it was that Alfarinn could make him feel so innocent, but he was sure he did not mind in the slightest. He had done things tonight that were as far from innocence as one could get and it was a relief to find that now, here alone with Alfarinn, it was acceptable to show something other than strength he wasn’t even certain he genuinely possessed.

He tilted his chin up, closing his eyes, when Alfarinn’s lips grazed where the blades had cut his cheek, then down his neck, holding on more tightly now and finding that his hands were shaking anyway. He reached up to stroke his lover’s hair as he was washed clean, relieved to finally be free of the dirt and blood on his skin, and found that gesture steadied him a bit. Doing his best to keep still and allow Alfarinn to wash away the last of the battle’s evidence, he could still hardly help but shiver as his lover kissed along his chest, both touched and somewhat shaken by the affection.

By the time his companion stopped in his movements he was nearly boneless from the attention and it took him a moment to register the request, much less comply. Deciding to take a moment to regain his bearings before attempting to stand, he felt the time should at least be spent wisely and tilted his head up to meet Alfarinn’s lips with his own. He pulled back after the gentle kiss, then reconsidered and leaned in for another, finding it quite difficult to stop what he had begun. Realizing that, as his companion had asked so nicely, he really should get up, he finally stood, leaning down for one more kiss before rising to his full height. He could hardly feel his legs underneath him, though he did at least manage the act without stumbling and with only a little help from the wall.

[I will.] Smiling, he added, [Though I hope you’ll forgive me if I steal a kiss once in a while first.]
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn found his request was met unexpected affection and though he doubted it had anything to do with the asking, he made a mental note to ask again sometime.

[I do not believe you will not find me complaining.]

He steadied his companion as he moved to stand, placing both hands on Thaddeus's hips. Having been in the same relaxed state just moments before Alfarinn understood the need for support. Alfarinn looked down and found the wash cloth too dirty to continue to use for the solemn and sacred task of getting Thaddeus clean.

...and as awake as he found himself under his lover's helpful hands. He let his own slid behind Thaddeus to gently cup firm cheeks and then slid down smooth muscles to reach down and pick up the cloth that he had dropped in order to support his companion, setting it aside he reached back and got another.

With a mischievous grin, he leaned forward onto his hands, and tilted his head to move around behind his lover's knee, placing a light kiss there on that sensitive skin before leaning back.

[ Ah, I thought I lost something but..it seems I've found it. ]

He went back to the serious task of scrubbing Thaddeus free of dirt figuring they were going to have to make the best use of the hot water while they had it. Leaning back when he was done, Alfarinn set the wash cloth and soap aside. This time he ran his hands up newly clean soap slicked legs and placed them firmly on Thaddeus's hips before planting a kiss on his lover's abdomen and rising to stand.

[Now you're clean, I'm clean and the little fishies have less water thanks to our frivolous ways. Whatever shall we do?]
Thaddeus reached out to steady himself against the tiled wall as Alfarinn’s hands slid down his legs, finding he was grateful of whatever support he could get when he felt cool lips on the back of his knee. His breath caught and he very nearly sank right back to the floor of the tub, but Alfarinn was doing an admirable job of keeping him on his feet.

He did his best to behave as Alfarinn washed him, only reaching out to occasionally play with a free strand of hair or trace along his companion’s ear. Smiling at Alfarinn’s consideration of the fish, he sent:

[I hardly think it frivolous, though it seems the water’s stamina is beginning to give.]

While the water was still far from cold, he did notice it had cooled a bit and would likely soon be uncomfortable. It was a wonderful relief to be clean and as much as he enjoyed being in the shower with his companion, he remembered that the bed ought not suffer neglect. After checking to ensure they had managed to rinse properly in the midst of shared kisses and touching, he turned the water off, then reached around Alfarinn’s shoulders to the long wet hair. Taking it in his hands, he gently squeezed down the length of hair in an attempt to get some of the water out, though it seemed Alfarinn tended to do a better job on his own with that, likely because Thaddeus was so concerned with not pulling the long strands too hard.

In any case, that task was done as much as he was willing to chance, and he locked his hands together at the small of Alfarinn’s back, pulling his companion close. A few stray drops of water streamed down Alfarinn’s damp neck, and he found he was compelled to catch them with his lower lip, dragging along smooth skin up to the spot just behind his companion’s ear. Pulling closer and finding himself quite unable to resist, he placed a kiss there before pulling the earlobe lightly between his teeth and giving a gentle flick of his tongue. He trailed away slowly, holding onto Alfarinn as he nibbled on the ear, then moved down, kissing down his companion’s neck until he came to a stop at the collarbone.

[Well, I know what –I’d- like to do…]

Giving one last gentle squeeze, he stepped out of the shower, pulling Alfarinn along with him, and reached out for the towels with one hand, still quite unwilling to let go completely.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn grinned and silently agreed that it was about time to be moving on.

[Alas we have done it in. ]

The hands wringing out his hair were a pleasant surprise and he stayed still for the process enjoying the little tugs that his companion's actions brought, lighter and more careful than his own; Alfarinn felt his hair might well benefit in maintenance from Thaddeus's interest in it.

He knew he was in trouble when his lover leaned down to his neck and he felt that gentle caress up towards his ear. Alfarinn sighed helplessly as felt the gentle tug on that sensitive place and the teasing touch of his lover's tongue. It was all too much for his poor, tired ,relaxed legs and they simply gave out as his concentration was quite thoroughly focused on what Thaddeus was doing to him elsewhere.

Alfarinn would have slid bonelessly to the floor had Thaddeus not been holding onto him. He reached out and caught his companion's shoulders, realizing a bit late that he might just end up taking Thaddeus down with him. It was fortunate that Thaddeus was more stable than he was and after a moment and some help from his lover, Alfarinn managed to get his legs to cooperate again on the slippery surface of the tub.

Chuckling at his own grace, Alfarinn gratefully accepted the hand that was stretched out to him.

[ So long as what ever you'd like to do does not involve standing, then I think I'm okay.]

He felt he should let his companion know that he was kidding and to assure him that he was quite alright despite his lapse in motor skills. Reaching his arms around Thaddeus's waist, he smiled and kissed him gently.

[ I'm fine though and you are more than welcome to do -that- again....so long as I can be safely not vertical when you do. ]

((OOC: Assuming Thaddeus would catch him with permission. Though I'd hope he wouldn't drop him O_O ))
Smiling gently, Thaddeus took one of the towels and began drying Alfarinn’s hair, keeping one arm around his companion’s waist and stealing kisses as he worked. While somewhat taken aback at feeling his companion’s legs give out, he had managed to hold on well enough though now he was reflecting on the effect he had on Alfarinn at times. Even with all the evidence lined up it was still occasionally hard to believe that he could cause such reactions but it was a pleasant surprise in any case. Really it shouldn’t have been; after all, Alfarinn had certainly been at the root of a few of his less than graceful moments. In any case, he had no wish to drive Alfarinn –completely- to distraction…until they were in a more practical location, anyway. He looked up, wanting to reassure, and ran his fingertips along Alfarinn’s cheek.

“I have you.”

Grabbing the second towel and giving his own hair a somewhat careless once over, he reached over to open the bathroom door and led his companion by the hand into the bedroom.

[I do believe that can be arranged.]

Shivering a little and thinking that he really ought to have been patient enough to do a slightly better job of drying off before stepping out of the steamy bathroom, he ultimately came to the conclusion that getting his companion comfortable was a bit higher on his priority list at the moment. He guided them both to the bed, drying off a bit more as they walked and wondering in the back of his mind if this was what Alfarinn had meant by “too eager.”

He decided, with a slight smile, that he was exactly eager enough and should be commended for his restraint in waiting until they got to the bed before continuing activities which might put his companion off balance.

Of course, once they made their way to the bed all bets were off.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
"Thank You"

His companion caught him, dried him off and led him to bed. Alfarinn followed meekly behind his considerate lover, still feeling a bit out of sorts but amused by the experience. He pulled the covers back and climbed into the bed.

Laying down on his back, he pretended to brace himself by holding onto the edge of the bed.

[Okay, I am pretty certain I won't fall...]

Alfarinn stopped playing around and reached out to Thaddeus, pulling his companion down into the bed with him.

[I think you should come in here where its safe also. ]

Thaddeus was warm and comforting up against him and he ran his hands along his lover's sides. The small goose bumps along the pale skin convinced him that it would be a good idea to pull up the covers. Leaning down, he drew up the fabric to his companion's shoulders and smiled up at Thaddeus.

[Mmmm much better ]

With a mischievous smirk, he gave his lover a quick kiss and then rolled over on his side and tucked one of the pillows under his head.

[Night night, Thaddeus. ]

After a few moments of feigning sleep, he cracked open one eye and sent.

[That was what you wanted to do, right? Sleep? ]

Alfarinn felt he was definitely pushing his luck and it was a good thing Thaddeus had a sense of humor or he was likely to find himself on the couch doing exactly what he suggested.
Thaddeus chuckled at his companion’s antics and joined Alfarinn, snuggling gratefully under the warm covers with very little thought to how undignified he must look, damp and shivery and being tucked into bed.

[I would tend to agree.]

He closed his eyes for a moment, enjoying the feel of the bed and reaching out to pull closer to his companion, but opened them again when after a kiss Alfarinn turned and closed his eyes. Amused, he pushed up onto his elbows, drinking in the sight of the sculpted back and toned shoulders exposed by Alfarinn’s movement.

If his companion believed he had been in any way deterred…Thaddeus decided it was best to prove that thought wrong indeed. He wrapped one arm around his companion’s chest and used his other hand to push the long blonde hair over Alfarinn’s shoulder, leaving the back of his neck open for Thaddeus to kiss.

[Sleep? I suppose eventually, but I don’t know that I could rest without properly kissing you good night.]

With that, he placed another kiss on the back of Alfarinn’s neck, then moved to his companion’s shoulder.

[I think your shoulder wants to be kissed good night too; who am I to deny it a last bedtime request?]

After attending to Alfarinn’s shoulder, though, he pushed back, feigning a thoughtful expression.

[Shh…listen.] After a moment of silence, he continued. [Ah yes, I thought so…] That said, he scooted down underneath the covers, feeling his way in the darkness to one hip, where he began a trail of kisses around to the small of his companion’s back as his hand ran down the smooth chest. Moving upward, his mouth found its way back along Alfarinn’s spine before once again coming to rest at the back of his lover’s neck.

He turned his head away for a moment, brushing his now thoroughly mussed hair out of his face, before moving close once more and tucking Alfarinn’s hair behind one ear.

[I wonder what else might want for tucking in?] Smiling, he pushed up on one elbow and leaned forward to kiss at the top of his companion’s ear. [Here? And here?] This was closely followed to a kiss to the temple. [I can hardly help it if every inch of you calls out to be kissed; I hope you’ll bear with me. Ah, here.] He kissed Alfarinn’s neck once again. [Oh dear, I already kissed there didn’t I? This may take a while…]
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn chuckled and remained still for perhaps the first few 'good night' kisses though it was hard not to turn around and return those gentle touches.

[Well, I thank you for being so considerate. I must agree that I sleep much better after having been properly kissed good night.]

When Thaddeus got to his ear, Alfarinn sighed and pulled him close, still feeling the little caresses down his neck.

[Well never let it be said that you aren't thorough, Thaddeus Grey. ]

He rose to near sitting and leaned his weight on one hand, looking at his blonde companion curled next to him. Such playful humor even after all they had been through filled him with affection and he found the care Thaddeus had taken with him deeply touching.

[Mmm, there is something I'd like to do before we 'sleep' ]

Alfarinn sat fully up and guided his companion back to laying down, gently indicating with a gesture that he'd like him to lay on his stomach. Once that was accomplished, he straddled his lover's waist and brought his hands up to gently knead Thaddeus's shoulders, careful of the injuries on the front. Pressing lightly at first and the rubbing a bit harder to loosen muscles that had been used to their fullest tonight. He used his sense of his companion to make sure he was using the right amount of pressure and not doing anything to cause him pain.

Moving his thumbs up along the back of Thaddeus's neck, Alfarinn then kneaded carefully at the base of his companion's hair line. leaning down to place a few cool kisses there after he moved his hands away.

[I hope you don't mind.]

He splayed his long hands across Thaddeus's upper back and then began to work on the muscles of the shoulder blades and along the spine with thumbs and fingers. Alfarinn finished each section with a light kiss, his hair falling in front of him each time to drag along Thaddeus's back.

Pushing himself down along his companion's legs, Alfarinn began to work on Thaddeus's lower back and sides, trailing kisses down each set of ribs before planting two kisses on either side of his lover's spine.

[ You are beautiful, Beloved ]
Thaddeus might have gone on in such a way for who only knew how long had Alfarinn not shifted his weight, for a moment offering new and tempting areas for him to touch though he complied quickly enough with his companion’s request.

Feeling Alfarinn’s weight over top of him, he twisted his neck around, trying to see what his companion was up to, but soon found he was sinking back down into the pillows, positively melting under that cool touch.

His eyes went wide at the kiss to his neck, the sensation shooting down his spine as his skin broke out in goose bumps entirely unrelated to the temperature of the room.

[Alfarinn…]

He let out a shaky breath he didn’t realize he’d been holding as his companion moved down his back, letting his eyelids lower to half mast and relaxing completely, feeling the tension in his muscles slip away. He wondered vaguely if it was physically possible to sink three inches into the mattress, and concluded that if feeling this good defied the laws of nature he didn’t much mind bending the rules. In fact, he was certain it shouldn’t be possible to find something so relaxing and so arousing at the same time and he took a measure of delight in that thought, as though he were getting away with something.

He wanted to close his eyes, to sink further into the mattress. He wanted to pull Alfarinn down and kiss him senseless. Being still eventually won out, as Thaddeus didn’t think he could move right now if he tried, though he became somewhat more alert when his companion sent to him again.

[Mmm?]

Well…perhaps not that much more alert; it took him a moment longer to internalize what Alfarinn has sent, but the words finally did truly register.

Alfarinn had seen him so many ways; had watched him sleep and regarded him unaware, had seen him in the heights of pleasure and the depths of pain. He had seen him bloody and battered, afraid, out of control and all too in command. He had seen him in the Anantya gardens and in the darkness of the sewers.

And Alfarinn still found him beautiful.

[You are truly remarkable.]

Smiling, he opened his eyes all the way, angling to get a better look at his companion.

[You make me feel that I am; I’ll be convinced soon enough and then I’ll be impossible to live with.]

Sinking back into the pillow, he closed his eyes, completely at peace and sighing in contentment.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn smiled at his companion and continued working his way down firm cheeks, planting a kiss on each one before beginning to carefully knead each thigh.

[ Well, I think I shall simply have to risk that you will become impossible to live with in order to tell you again. ]

He slid further down and worked on each calf, not being able to resist running his lips over the place behind Thaddeus's knee on each leg. Moving to the end of the bed, he placed one foot at a time in his lap and worked on it carefully with his thumbs and fingers, kissing each when he was done.

[ Well now that you look all peaceful...]

Alfarinn grinned because he couldn't help it, he found that simply being around Thaddeus made him smile quite often. Leaning forward, he trailed a hand along the outside of first one of Thaddeus's legs and then the other as he crawled back up towards his companion's waist.

Gently moving his lover's legs aside, Alfarinn knelt in between them, taking a moment to simply admire how wonderful Thaddeus looked stretched out and serene. It was something like seeing a cat curled up peacefully; there is the irresistible urge to either join it or do something to disturb it. With that thought in mind, he leaned forward again and placed his hands underneath his companion's chest and moved them in one long continuous stroke down the front of him.

[I think it is probably time to wake you back up.]

He let his fingers brush teasingly along the length of Thaddeus's erection before sliding them around to hold on to his lover's hips.

[Unless you'd rather sleep now.]