Sangre's Bio

Birth Name: Maggie Saunders
Aliases: Sangre Destina
Place of Birth: Real birth : Dublin, Ireland 1792 / Vamp birth: Texas territory USA 1823
Male/Female: Female
Current Occupation: Gallery owner
Past Occupation: (If different from above) Trading Post Owner

Appearance

Hair Color: Darkest red
Length and Style: long and wavy
Eye Color: copper
Skin Color: white
Height: 5'9
Weight: 145
Nationality: Irish/Anglo
Race: Vampire
Body Type: muscular and sturdy

Description (if an NPC) or name of your creator( if a PC): Sangre's creator is / was Cyan Ignacio, a young and handsome Spanish

soldier

who journeyed Mexico

with the adventurer Herman Cortez in 1519. The wars that followed were bloody and brutal and Cyan became a decorated officer. He was one to fear, thought the Aztecs, and they turned the ancient powers of the white-faced Quetzalcoatl, their most important god, to stop him. In a a vision, the answer came to them; bring forth the Ciuateteo

the true Mexican vampires

. Women who had died during childbirth, the

Ciuateteo

haunted the crossroads of Mexico, their long tendrils of blood red hair curling around their twisted faces like smoke. They feasted upon young children and disloyal followers who did not heap rewards at their many temples. They would come to Cyan in the night and slowly ebb his life away. He would die, skin thin light paper, his eyes rolling from madness. But their plan did not succeed. Cyan charmed the

Ciuateteo sent to him with his good looks and silver tongue. He promised her half of Mexico once the lands were conquered and they would live in dark bliss for eternity, she need only share with him her dark gift of immortality. The Ciuateteo agreed and Cyan became a vampire. For a time, all was well. Cyan grew to love his Ciuateteo bride with a near overwhelming passion and gave her the name Sangre, which is Spanish for blood. But the Aztecs could not bear her betrayal for long. Cyan and Sangre were vulnerable once dawn came and the villagers knew it. They hunted them down and cut Sangre's throat from one ear to the next. Her body was burned before Cyan's very eyes and set to a grave backwards, so should she awake somehow, she would claw endlessly through the Earth in her efforts to surface. Cyan was taken in chains before the great Aztec chief to be sacrificed under the eyes of Huitzilopochtli, the God of the Sun.

Cyan's sacrifice never took place. He was able to escape his captors and disappear into the wilds of Mexico. He became something of a legend then. A tale to scare little ones in the night - "Go to sleep, little niño, or the Vampire Cyan will come and take you away". He haunted the hills, bringing devastation were he could, for his revenge would never be complete.

Personal Questions

1. Describe your character's personality: Charming and inviting, she finds strength in numbers, yet she has issues with following the status quo. She has been a loner for most of her vamp years, trying to walk in the world of humans to the best of her ability. She has a easy laugh and keen sense for one so young.

2. Describe how your character would appear to a stranger: A creature of comfort, Sangre dresses in jeans, boots and jackets. She is feminine but almost tom boyish in her actions.

3.What does your character like?: Humans. Art. The heat lamp she keeps in her home that reminds her of the warmth of the sun.

4. Dislike? Being told what to do and when to do it.

5. (For humans) Describe what abilities you see your character having if they were turned.

6. What are your fears? Her fears are that her dearest human friends will learn the truth about her. As years passed after her turning, Sangre began to weave a tale that she was a victim of

Porphyria. She was allergic to sunlight and could only go out at night. She fears spending the rest of eternity alone and sees this as a weakness that must be addressed. it is time for her to seek out the companionship of other vampires.

7. What is your character's strengths and weaknesses? She is loyal but egotistical. She often speaks before she thinks. Her strengths are : loyalty to her friends, a quick analytical mind (she can work most math problems in her head), and the ability to win people over with her friendly demeanor. Her weaknesses are : She is quick tempered and reactionary, she is stubborn insisting on being around humans in some way every day and is loathe to be told where she can and cannot go. Her vanity and her 'blending in' capabilities can only lead to troubles.

Hobbies & Skills: Sangre's can speak Spanish and English fluently.

She is also an adept fighter and scout, having served as a spy in the in Mexican/ American war from 1835 to 1836, under the Mexican President, Santa Anna, himself. She used her vampire abilities to become a well decorated solider, cutting her hair short and masquerading as a man. She combed the hills in the night and detected many an enemy camp to be over come in their sleep.

Having served as a liaison to the woman of the trading post before she was turned, also allowed Sangre to learn many artistic skills. She paints dreamy landscapes depicting a sunlit western prairie. She also makes clay pots and weaves beads, belts and blankets in the traditional ways. These works are not displayed in her gallery, but instead secreted away in her home. They are her private dedication to the woman she once was.

Abilities: Her abilities are dreamwalking and glamor. Both have allowed her to move undetected among humans for years.

Flaws: Human ties. Sangre's faults lie in her insistence t believe part of her is still a human with a warm heart and a soul.

Cosmetic Traits (These must be minor, see the rules): a small scar on her right eyebrow

Quirks and Habits worthy of mention: Her favorite thing to do on a Saturday night is to go clubbing with her Goth friends. While they pretend to be vamps, she pretends to be human. She likes human food and drinks animal blood to sustain herself. She begins every Sunday night with the Times, bagels and cream cheese and a huge glass of cows blood. Sangre loves vampire TV shows, has an autographed picture of Sarah Michelle-Gellar and collects vampire novels. She knows every vampire joke ever told and repeats them with great delight.

Personal History (Please be detailed, this creates your basis for your character):

Sangre Destina was born Maggie Saunders in Ireland, 1792.

She traveled to the new world with her husband, Sean McElroy, and settled in Texas territory in 1821. When Moses Austin secured a colonization grant from the Spanish authorities in San Antonio, she and her husband were part of the 300 families led across the Sabine River to the region between the Brazos and Colorado rivers, where they established the first American settlement in Texas. They prospered there for a time, and Maggie became pregnant with their first child in the winter of 1822.

But all was not well for the McElroy family. The lands of Texas were wild and frightening. Natives and Mexican villagers whispered stories of Skinwalkers and chupacabras that wandered the darkness of the hills at night. Legends told of families found drained of their blood, their eyes open, glassy and unseeing, and their faces frozen in shock. Maggie paid no attention to these stories. Back home in Ireland there where thousands of these sort of tales. Vampires, nasty faeries and pixies that would carry your children away before dawn. It was nonsense. Or was it?

Maggie and Sean opened a trading post near a small Mexican village. They traded supplies for hand made blankets and baskets, and Maggie became enamored with the fine works. She encouraged the women of the village to sell their creations for profit, making she and Sean very well thought of among the locals. They were always at the ready with a kind hand and bit of encouragement. Unfortunately, these very traits would be their undoing.

When Maggie was 6 months with child, the stranger came through the settlement one night up from the wilds of Mexico. It was just after dusk when he appeared on the horizon and his clothes were weathered and dusty. Sean insisted the stranger stay with them for the night. The town might be small, that was true, but he would not get a softer bed or better meal anywhere for a 100 miles. The stranger, who called himself Cyan, agreed.

Maggie woke in the heart of the night to a grunt and a small moan. She blinked in the darkness and struggled to raise the flame on the lamp at her bedside. When the yellow glow filled the room, Maggie could not believe her eyes. Cyan was bent over Sean, holding him down to the mattress they shared. Blood was seeping from Sean's neck into Cyan's mouth yet he did not struggle. His eyes were open, but saw nothing, and his lips were slack.

Maggie screamed and tumbled to the floor. She was swimming in shock. Surely this was a dream. But Cyan lept upon the bed effortlessly and stared down at her. Sean's blood was still dripping from his mouth.

"What are you?" Maggie demanded

"I am blood" Cyan grinned, "And I am your destiny..."

Maggie found her courage and managed to get to her feet. Whatever this thing was, and whatever it wanted from her, she would not die on the ground.

"What are you going to do?" She demanded, although her voice was shaking.

Cyan stepped down then, standing in front of her. He had come to them a stranger and been welcomed into their home. But there was much Maggie did not know, much more than she could have ever imagined. She could not have known she bared resemblance to the love he had watched burn before him some 300 years ago. That his choice of their home had not been as random as it has seemed, but in fact, he had been looking through her windows for many a month during the witching hour of night. Her hair was blood red, and it floated the same. Her face carried the curve of mouth and flashing eyes of his beloved Sangre.

He took her in his arms, holding her at her elbows so she could not wrench away. He was profoundly strong yet his eyes looked very old.

"You are to be my

Ciuateteo

" he whispered. Maggie shivered. The salty smell of Sean's blood was thick on his breath and she felt her stomach twitch, "You will live with me and serve me, forever..."

"Kill me" she said, "Whatever you are - or I will kill myself"

"Will you?" Cyan laughed.

He was on her then, his teeth slicing into her neck so quickly, she had not a moment to catch her breath to scream. The pounding of her heart spread through her body like the beat of a drum with her head, her head most of all, thundering with the rushing of the blood in her veins. She found herself clutching him back, her skin tingling with the need to disappear into him. Could anything else have mattered before this moment? Sean? Her land? Her store or her friends? It was all awash in a bloody red blur. She shut her eyes to it, shut them as tight as she could until she saw nothing but black ebbing at her toes...

When Maggie opened her eyes once more, she was alone. Dressed in a white shroud, she was laid in a pine box, and a straw pillow was stuffed under her head. It took a moment for her vision to adjust and for her to realize she was buried alive. Or was she? She didn't feel panicked, not really, just confused. Why would someone do such a thing? Where was Sean? Had they buried him as well? And her with child...Instinctively, Maggie's hand went to her belly and she found it flat, almost concave. The baby was gone. Still - there was no sorrow, no moment of fear. Just more confusion. How was she to get out of here? In the back of her mind, she recalled that nights events. The blood, so much blood, soaking her body, the sheets, the floor at her feet.

And Cyan.

What had happened to him?

She heard something then. A scratch, perhaps? Then another. The clank of steel against rock. The shuffling of dirt. Someone was moving the earth above her. Someone was digging her up. How odd, she thought. Why would you dig up a dead woman because, surely, she was dead, but if she was dead why was she thinking, hearing, even smelling everything around her? She waited, crossing her arms across her now empty stomach, for her rescuer to arrive. She thought things while she waited, about who she was and what she was. Was she a person or a thing? A monster or a victim?

When the box cracked open, and moonlight shone onto her face, Maggie could see the eyes of Cyan peering down at her. She was instantly repulsed and somehow overjoyed to see him. He smiled at her, his fangs sharp and glistening with excitement.

"My Sangre" he breathed, taking her hands to pull her up. Once on her feet, she saw the world had changed. It was louder and brighter and raging all around her. They were alone at the top of a hill in the cemetery where no one would return unless forced to do so and the moon watched them with a suspicious eye. She saw her tombstone then - the words were simple and to the point.

HERE LIES MAGGIE MC ELROY, WIFE OF SEAN MC ELROY, DIED IN CHILDBIRTH 1823.

Maggie looked at Cyan. "I am dead then."

He beamed, "Your human self is dead. Maggie is gone forever. You are now Sangre."

"And the baby? What happened to the baby?"

"It was a fine feast" Cyan drooled, "A gift to your new master"

Maggie shuddered. What sort of foul demon was he? Sent from the depths of hell? What had she done to deserve such a fate?

"You sicken me" she spat, inching away from him but Cyan held fast to her arm.

"Oh that may be, my Sangre, but mine you are and mine you will be forever. I created you to serve by my side for all eternity."

"*NUNCA!" a harsh voice screamed from behind them and Cyan's face went strange. His eyes popped a bit and his mouth gurgled as his hands, releasing Maggie, began to flail and flutter. He clutched at his throat like a drowning man. Maggie staggered back from him, unsure what had happened, but she could not tear her eyes away from his distress. She saw now, as his skull slipped sideways from his neck, his head had been cut off from behind so quickly she'd not even witnessed the blade. His body was burning from the inside, crumbling to ash and taking to the wind. It was only then Maggie saw several of the villages women standing behind his blackened carcass.

"**

De nuevo a infierno con él

" The one closest to her growled.

Maggie recognized this woman. It was Emilita Jose. She sold her blankets in the Trading Post so she could feed her family. Next to her was Grace Valenzuela and at her shoulder stood Maria

Trueno

. Behind them were Sole

Lluvia

and Lucia

Hierba

. Maggie knew all of these woman. They were her friends and she had assisted them each in some way. The post sold their goods at a fair price and helped them prosper in such a difficult time. She stared at them, at the silver swords in their hands, and she took a step back in fear.

"

***Haga ningún esté asustado, Maggie. No hemos venido lastimarle.

" Emilita spoke gently. She lowered her sword until it hung at her side. "

Usted siempre nos ha demostrado grandes amabilidad y respecto. No le lastimaremos a menos que tengamos que.

"

Maggie nodded, "I would never hurt you, either. Any of you. You are my friends"

Lucia stepped forward, touching Maggie's sleeve. There was a profound sadness in her eyes and Maggie felt desperately alone.

"

****Usted no podrá pararse una vez que venga el hambre. Usted debe salir de este lugar y nunca volver. Podemos ahorrarle solamente una vez."

With that, the women left her. They headed down the hill and they did not look at her again.

With the wind at her back, Maggie was dead and Sangre walked out of the cemetery.

OOC Checklist

Player name (online is fine): Sangre
Other Characters you play: None
How you came to SA (Other board, friend, etc)
Have you read all the Rules? I am working my way through them.
Do you understand that this is an adult board with adult content (sometimes graphic and violent in nature)? yes I understand.
This board is adult only. Are you over the age of 18? Yes.

Translation code:

* "Never!"

** "

Again to hell with him!"

*** "You have always shown us great kindness and respect. We will not hurt you unless we have to."

**** "You will not be able to stop yourself once the hunger comes. You must leave this place and never return. We can only save you once."