Duibne Industries (private - Mathias)

Marthinus exited his Bentley and nodded to the front door man who slipped inside and drove it away. Not too many at Duibne could have their car's chauffeured, he supposed it helped that he was the CEO.

Something was going on tonight. The call from Jacob sounded troubled but...not. He wondered what he was walking into as he walked past the front desk, into the very back of the lobby to the private elevator. As he turned, he looked back out into the street at the fleeting shadows.

Mathias 18 years ago
Mathias watched Marthinus' tail as the Duibne CEO went inside. As far as he knew,the vampire still hadn't seen him - which was likely the only advantage Mathias would have. Hopefully Marthinus would be inside for a few,thought Mathias as he circled around behind the tail. A plan was forming in Mathias' head - he only hoped that there was time to implement it.
Mathias 18 years ago
Well hell!! there was emptiness where Mathias' target had been. He knew he hadn't taken that long to move and Mathias was SURE he hadn't been seen...which only left....

Mathias moved a fraction of a second before the blade bit into the wall where HE had been. Damndamndamn...silly arrogance Mathias. There was no way HE could have been seen right? You were so sure he was overconfident you let yourself get led into a trap.

"Who are you?" the other vampire hissed at Mathias. "Some breeder trying to pick me pockets then?" Mathias only grunted as the blade came in again for a strike. He didn't move quickly enough this time and instead of air the blade caught fabric and flesh. However,it wasn't a dead on strike and Mathias supernaturally tough skin shrugged it off.

This didn't go unnoticed by the other vampire,who leapt back. "what the fuck?" He looked at Mathias. "Ellis SAID I was protected - you better back the fuck off me streetmeat." Ellis said he was protected?? What is God's name was he talking about? Why would Simon,who's loyalty to Ellis was beyond reproach,send him after a 'clanless rogue' protected by Ellis. No,this was some sort of trick.

This stunning revelation came to Mathias just before the rogue jumped in to strike again. This how the battle continued,both opponents evenly matched in strength and ability - the rogue's speed and strength versus Mathias' agility and toughness. Mathias had to break this stalemate before more attention than desired focused on them - sword fights,even in Nachton - weren't too common.

And then it came to Mathias, who gave the rogue a grim smile and charged. The rogue struck at Mathias,expecting him to dodge. Mathias didn't shift in the least,taking a sword in his side,but allowing himself inside the other vampires reach. Suddenly the rogue sprouted 12 inches of steel as Mathias' sword protruded from his skull. He tried to talk, at least Mathias' assumed from the moving jaw and shocked look. Whirling he removed the sword and swung it in a High Guard position,bisecting the other vampire from shoulder to side. Slowly smoldering,Marthinus' tail turned to ash.
Mathias snatched up the necklace the vampire had been wearing. Simon wanted proof - I hope this is sufficient enough for him. Grasping his wounded side,Mathias made it to his car and started the engine. Too many questions swirled in Mathias' head.He needed answers,and right now only one person could give those to him. His Mustang edged onto the streets of Nachton as Mathias hit the speed dial on his phone.
"Simon,this is Mathias - we need to talk"
Simon Huntington 18 years ago
'Simon, this is Mathias - we need to talk.'

'Mathias,' Simon replied into his cell phone, 'my door is always open to all Tacharan brethren. '

He wondered if maybe Mathias had found the tail. Hopefully it went well. He wagered he was about to find out.

'There a problem?'
Mathias 18 years ago
"Not with the target - he has been eliminated. However some possible complications have arisen."
Possible complications? The vampire's statement leaves only a few possibilities. a) Ellis WAS protecting the vampire for some reason and by killing him Mathias has stepped into it. b) Someone is pretending to be Ellis (Why?) and setting Simon or her up. c) Simon knew what was going on and used Mathias as a stalking horse,in which case he is confessing to the person who set him up.

Too many possibilities and Mathias needed an out. Talking to Simon seemed the safest of the options. If he was being set up better to go in with a clear head.
" The target claimed he was assured protection by Ellis,Simon. I assumed it was a ploy to distract me but it is something that you needed to know." There,that was done...let's see how this plays out.
Fuck.

It was Simon's clearest and most profound thought. He switched the phone to the other side of his head and started to dance. And dance he'd have to.

'Protected by Ellis?' Simon conjured up his best snort and continued. 'You believed him?' Simon would now how to stop Mathias from ever telling Ellis, at least telling her before he wanted her to know. Or he could just tell her that Hillman did it...he was shocked by the ease of his lies.

'Our best guess is that vampire was sent by Hillman, a clear and present danger to the clan. He has stolen something us, something we aim to retrieve. I'll let Ellis know that Hillman was having Marthinus tailed, for whatever reason, but probably not a very good one.'

Simon hoped that the lie he just told Mathis would not only work on him but on Ellis when he told her. It would only enrage her further. The long standing vampire has watched Marthinus since infancy. Quite frankly Simon was impressed with Mathias' ability to over take him and said so.

'I am impressed with your ability to take out your target so quickly. I trust you have proof?'
Mathias 18 years ago
Careful Simon,Mathias thought.You were a little quick on the denial. Well that isn't entirely fair,it DOES sound ridiculous. "He seemed to believe it Simon,that is what troubles me. And Ellis isn't exactly an anonymous figure. If someone is imitating her then they have talent and/or the lack of fear of reprisal. Not something to be scoffed at I think."

Or Simon knew more than he was letting on and was trying to shake Mathias.

"I have his necklace and blade - that was all that remain aside from clothing. Somehow I don't think you will accept a shirt as proof."

Something odd was going on and Mathias intended to figure out what. If someone was pretending to be Ellis then that needed to be dealt with and if Mathias was being used in some power play - well then that would be dealt with as well.
'Bring the necklace and blade to me. I will tell Ellis of what you told me. Just be prepared for that possible raid I told you about. The clan will need to gather forces and follow Ellis.' Mathias wasn't stupid and Simon knew this. He was now on borrowed time so whatever he planned on doing was now a reality. Once Ellis realized he sent an operative to kill one of her tails, she will come for Simon. Whether it's for an explanation or his head.

'You have done well, Mathias and I will let Ellis know. Loyalty, above all, for the clan.' Simon didn't know if the empty feeling he had from bold face lying to a clan member was good or bad. For every attempt to take a step away from Ellis, he found himself taking 2 steps closer to what he hated about her.

Either way, the clock was now ticking.
Mathias 18 years ago
"Of course Simon, I will be there as soon as possible." Something was definately odd here. Mathias couldn't tell what,but Simon seemed too eager to not have MAthias talk to Ellis - but did it casually...bah,too much to think about.

"Loyalty,above all,to the clan." Ahh..there was an interesting tidbit. Not loyalty to Ellis - but loyalty to the clan. One could make the assumption that Ellis WAS the clan, and yet when added to the oddness MAthias felt...well, perhaps he and Ellis needed to have a chat after all...

((OOC-Mathias out))