Waiting on an angel (Lock please)

8 P.M.
Rest had long since evaded Mathias,his dreams coming fitful if at all. He arose,stretched and did his normal sit up and push ups. After a quick shower,Mathias decided to get dressed for tonight and head out. He wasn't supposed to meet Shay till 11 but he was too wound up to hang around The domicile anymore. Even meditation didn't take the edge off of him.

He decided on a simple black suit paired with a royal blue collarless shirt. Normally he was a 'jeans and t' kind of guy - but he did possess nice clothing when meeting a respectable client.

The Mustang roared to life as Mathias drove out of the garage,headed to Club Eternity. Nachton's streets were fairly quiet right,being in the twilight between daytime business and it's nighttime twin.

He entered the club without notice or incident. While not a 'mover or shaker' he was knew who mattered and Club Eternity was open to him. He left Shay's name at the door,on the off chance that Paul was more talk than action. He settled into a booth and began to watch the crowd.

((Mathias suit can be seen here ))

Shay 18 years ago
Shay opted for having a cab take her to the club. She did have her own car, but didn't like the thought of having to deal with parking first, or not being able to drink, second. Vestiges of her life as a cop still popped up every now and then...this time reminding her not to drink and drive.

Though, she really wasn't looking to drink much tonight.

She was still nervous about seeing Mathias, but not the kind of nervousness she shied from. After the other night, she knew once she saw his face, or was in his arms, all thoughts of being nervous would vanish. It was those thoughts that spurred her on, and that put the small, 'mona lisa' smile on her face.

When the cab arrived, she paid him, and tipped him nicely. He'd been quite prompt, and courteous with her. He even got out and opened the door for her, sealing the size of his tip.

She stepped up onto the sidewalk, in front of the club, and eyed the line of people waiting to get in, along with the guy at the door, and cursed under her breath.

"Just great."

She muttered. She was going to go up to the guy, tell him 'Paul' was waiting for her, and he'd just let her pass...suuuuuuuuuure. The big, burly guy glanced her way, she smiled, and without any further consideration she marched up to him.

"I'm meeting Paul..."

Damn! Paul who??? She'd forgotten she didn't know his last name...nor did she know Mathias's either... Yet she spoke the name as if it was the only Paul of consequence. Unfortunately the guy at the door just looked at her as if she was some groupie, trying to finagle her way inside.

"Shay O Mannon."

She said her name with authority, as if everyone knew who she was. So she didn't know his last name, at least if he was there, he would have given instructions to let her pass...wouldn't he have?

'Another gentleman left your name with me.'

The guy half grunted, as he gestured for her to enter. She smiled at him as if to imply she had no doubt, as she was very highly regarded. Though in truth, her mind was already on Mathias. Something had happened to Paul, and yet Mathias must already be inside...her tiny smile grew in anticipation as she made her way through the door.

It took a few seconds for her eyes to adjust, and when they did she covertly scanned the crowd. It was still somewhat early, and she attributed the small assemblage to that. Not wanting to appear desperate, she walked directly to the bar, and ordered a vodka Collins. Sipping her drink she turned to face the interior of the club. Where was Mathias?
Mathias 18 years ago
The crowd was beginning to swell as time wore on. And then he saw her. No,truth be told Mathias 'felt' Shay before his head turned towards the bar where she stood. Sweet Jesu - Mathias thought impossible to improve on the perfection he saw in Shay. but there she was. Her Royal Blue skirt (that is why she asked!) clung to her in all the right places and her ivory top accentuated her other 'assets'.How he hated to see her there,alone. and yet...

A wicked grin crossed his face. Beckoning a waitress over,he whispered in her ear and gave her a generous tip in addition to the cost of his request. Sitting back,he watched.

It wasn't so odd for a man to have a drink,so the waitress thought nothing of the gentleman's request. Approaching the lady in the blue skirt she handed her a vodka shot,neat and chilled. "This is from an admirer. He says Europe's royalty could not do justice to that color after you have worn it."
Shay 18 years ago
Hearing the waitress, Shay blushed. She was accustomed to men trying to buy her drinks...just the other night at the House of Pain she had been offered one. This time though, she knew better than to turn it down. This time she was sure the drink had to be from Mathias, and yet why hadn't he come to her himself?

Taking the glass, she downed the clear, cold liquid, but before she could ask the woman to take her to her 'admirer', the waitress had left.

Shay, as discreetly as possible, peered into the crowd, yet she could not see him. She knew he was near though...she could almost feel him.

Smiling, she turned back to face the bar. She'd need to draw him out, it appeared. She stared at her drink, and played with the straw, stirring it in the glass, as she concentrated on the space behind her...waiting to see if she could feel him approach...providing, her efforts paid off.
Mathias 18 years ago
As Shay concentrated on the drink Mathias moved through the crowd,parting it as needed and allowing them to close behind him.Approaching her, he whispered into her ear

"I am the luckiest man here, for everyone wishes they were me."
Shay 18 years ago
Mathias
"I am the luckiest man here, for everyone wishes they were me."

His words followed her sense of him, but just by seconds...and they sent the most delicious shiver through her. She leaned backwards into him, and immediately felt her nervousness disappear, to be replaced with both desire, and an extreme sense of security.

Turning her head upwards she kissed his neck, and then rubbed her forehead against his jaw.

"Then we are even, for I have no doubt any number of women around this establishment, would just as soon take my place here."

She tried not to purr, but it was a difficult task.

"I've been stood up...but I'm not at all disappointed."

She leaned her head back further on his shoulder, turning to see his eyes. Her hands left the drink and dropped to her sides, before sliding backwards to rest on the sides of his legs. The feel of him was just so incredible.

"Are you here to console me?"

She teased.
Mathias 18 years ago
The feel of Shay as she leaned back was hard to describe,passion and a need to protect combined. It erased all his doubts and worries - the dream was a distant memory for now. She kissed his neck and nuzzled him, and Mathias couldn't help but hold her closer and return the favor,gentle kisses trailing from the base of her neck to behind her ear.

"I've been stood up...but I'm not at all disappointed."

"Then he is a fool and I am luckier by far for it". he said, turning Shay to face him. Her outfit enflamed his passions and were he a lesser man he would have taken her right there. As it was,he doubted Shay would mind.

"Are you here to console me?"

Mathias smiled,stepped back(releasing a disappointed Shay) and gave her a mock bow. "Your wish is my command Milady,how might I serve you?"
Shay 18 years ago
And she was very disappointed to be out of his arms, until she looked at him, and saw how striking he looked in his suit.

"Oh good sir, but you look so edibly handsome..."

Edibly? Was that even a word? But he did look handsome, and edible, and so incredibly sexy. He wore the suit as if it had been made just for him...and maybe it had. It was an inconsequential thought though, quickly replaced by the fact that she wanted to feel him around her again. Or in her, was a more accurate description of her true feelings...and they made her blush again. Though she was no naive school girl, she still wasn't used to these strong, demanding feelings that were coursing through her body.

She put her finger tips under his chin when he bowed, and lifted upwards. It was a gallant gesture, but she wanted him looking at her...and vice versa.

"Shall we dance?"

Was what came out of her mouth, though in her mind she was asking him to take her...somewhere, anywhere...but to just take her.
Mathias 18 years ago
"Shall we dance?"

Mathias smiled,and let Shay lead him out to the club's dance floor. Club Eternity was no House of Pain and it attracted a more well heeled,if not necessarily refined crowd. The music had been mostly bland pop and techno remixes.

As they stepped onto the floor the pace slowed and some ballad began to play. Almost instinctively Shay and Mathias melded together,her arms reaching up around his neck,his around her waist. She lay her head on his chest and Mathias breathed in the intoxicating scent of her hair and perfume.

"Shay,I find myself with a vexing problem. I haven't been able to get you off my mind since I left you this morning. That in and of itself isn't the troubling part,indeed it has been most pleasant thinking of you. However,it has been...a long time since I have had,or even the potential of having someone in my life. I am unsure how to proceed,for in truth I do not want to hurt you. But as much trepidation as I have, there is even more passion,desire and feelings for you."

Lord above - what was he doing? Such a wordy way to say "I think you are swell but I am a damned creature of the night and hey want to get naked?"

For the first time in centuries Mathias was unsure of how to proceed,all he could do is look into Shay's eyes and the peace he found there.
Shay 18 years ago
As she moved with him, and the music, she heard beyond the words he was saying, probably because she had said very similar things to herself earlier.

"Mathias, the fact that you think enough of me to...'warn' me, only makes me that much more sure about how I feel for you."

She put a hand on his cheek, and felt herself falling into his eyes. Such beautiful, soulful eyes.

"And I refuse to believe that anything that feels as this does, could possibly hurt me. Please...I'm really not a porcelain doll...I won't break...unless..."

She stood up on tiptoes and kissed him softly, though briefly. The Club Eternity seemed a bit too classy to stand and make out in, even if that was what she wanted.

"Unless you were to tell me now that you've decided you need to leave town...or have met someone else...or...anything else that would keep you from me for longer than a day or two. That, right now, would probably shatter me."

She hugged herself to him, knowing that wasn't what he was going to say...not after admitting to his passions and desires.

"Do you want to skip drinks, and go back to my place?"

It was a bold question, implying an even bolder move on both their parts. But Shay had never thought anything had felt as right as this did.
Mathias 18 years ago
"And I refuse to believe that anything that feels as this does, could possibly hurt me. Please...I'm really not a porcelain doll...I won't break...unless..."

Mathias chuckled grimly to himself. There are things out there far worse than your imagination...and knowing me can bring you to their attention. But I can also protect you,and I will.

"Unless you were to tell me now that you've decided you need to leave town...or have met someone else...or...anything else that would keep you from me for longer than a day or two. That, right now, would probably shatter me."

"No Shay,I'm not leaving Nachton. And no one can compare with you - that is the truth. And Hell's Gates could not keep you from me - that I swear"
He held Shay's hands as he spoke,looking,but not staring at her eyes..losing himself in the blue-green pools.

"Do you want to skip drinks, and go back to my place?"

Mathias tried to neither nod his head off agreeing or rip Shay's arm off as they left the dance floor.

"Did you drive? I can meet you there if you wish?" He hoped she took a cab or was dropped off,time away from Shay right now just did not seem pleasant.

((ooc - Mathias out,awaiting Shay's response))
Shay 18 years ago
She grinned when she sensed he was as ready to be rid of this place as she was.

"No...I took a cab...drinking and driving, you know...could I possibly bum a ride?"

And if he said no, she'd probably kick him, right there...with her new boots and all.

"Oh...and Mathias?"

She kissed him again, as they neared the door to leave...and this time she wasn't so tentative, or shy about it.

"Thank you for the flowers...they are beautiful."

She couldn't believe she'd taken this long to thank him...though as soon as they got back to her place, she'd thank him...properly.

(Shay out with Mathias!)