Dreams and deliveries (Private - Attn Shay)

Mathias couldn't sleep. His dreams were no refuge either...what he saw disturbed as much as it gave him joy. He awoke with a start,body covered in a sheen of sweat. His mind raced,he thought only of Shay and seeing her tonight. Thinking for a moment he placed a phone call and lay back down,attempting to find some sort of peace.

Later that day, there is a knock on Shay's door. when she answers she finds a bouquet of multicolored roses with a note attached. It reads:

Dear Shay,
I regret our evening had to end so early. Holding you,I found contentment and peace. I look forward to seeing you this evening. While language is a tool for your work, I find it sometimes fails to convey my feelings. So I will rely on something more visual - the language of the rose.

Faithfully,
Mathias

The bouquet is yellow and orange roses surrounding a single red bud.

((OOC - Mathias out,awaiting Shay's response though ))

Shay 18 years ago
(continued from Paul, is that you?)

Slowly opening the door, she peeked out and saw there was no one around. Looking down at the roses, her face broke out in a huge smile.

Tucking the comforter securely around her, she knelt down and picked up the vase, and hurried back inside, closing the door behind her. And as soon as the door shut, the blanket dropped, and Shay moved to the coffee table where she sat down to read the card attached to the flowers.

Pulling the card out, she leaned over and sniffed the most wonderful scent of roses she could imagine. Though the scent was nothing magical, to Shay it was.

"Oh Mathias...they are so beautiful!"

How long had it been since she'd received flowers...and how long since she'd received flowers that meant so much? She didn't think ever.

She knew the colors of the roses indicated feelings, but truthfully, she was unaware of which colors meant what. Picking up the vase she carried them into the office, and turned on the lamp. She sat down at the computer and pulled up a website with the information she was seeking.

'Red roses represented love, courage, beauty, and respect. Orange roses signified desire and enthusiasm. Yellow roses meant joy, gladness, friendship, delight, the promise of a new beginning.'

Her heart sang, as she buried her face in the middle of the bouquet, inhaling the fragrance and nearly crying.

"Mathias...you speak so well without words..."

She couldn't believe it...she really was tearing up a little. When had she become such a sentimentalist?

She stood up, brushed her eyes, and carried the flowers into her bedroom. She had to get ready now.

Thoughts of Paul had fled, and thoughts of Mathias were the only ones that lingered
Shay 18 years ago
Flipping on the music, Shay showered, and started singing along as she toweled off. A song by Faith Hill came on, and she started dancing along as well.

"The eagle wants a canyon
and a place where he can rest his wings a while.
The drifter wants a freight train
that will carry him another hundred miles.
That lion's only looking for something'
he can sink his teeth into.

Oh and IIIIII waaaaant yooooou."

She ran a comb through her wet hair, and smiled into the mirror.

"The devil wants a fella
with a weakness he can wrap his arms around.
The champion wants a challenger
who just might have the strength to take him down.
The river wants an ocean to run towards
and pour its heart into.

Oh and I want you.

Oh and IIIIII waaaaant yooooou."

She danced into the bedroom, and pulled on a lacy white thong, and shimmied into the skirt.

"Oh, every time that I'm around you
oh, I'm on fire when we touch.
Oh, when I hold you boy you know
I can't get close enough.
Yes I want you."

The blouse, then the boots, then back to the bathroom.

"I could cry and say I need you
Tell you that I die when you're not here
I could lie and say I love you
pour a little poison in your ear
but all I'm gonna give you is
nothing but the bare and naked truth.
Baby I want you.
Baby I want you."

A little mascara...a little gloss...she was a nervous ball of butterflies, but she was excited as hell...and ready to go, it appeared...if the reflection in the mirror was any indication.

(Out and continued at "A Few Missed Calls")