Shalimar!

I see your open thread in HoP, I'd join ya but my 2 most likely candidates to be there are already there and tired up lol.

Shay 18 years ago
Oh well...it's ok. Danielle is supposed to join when she gets back...and Claire too. It's hard to only have one place to play though, when you only have one charrie...but I'll be patient
Thanks...hopefully Shay will meet some of your peeps soon
Alfarinn 18 years ago
You can have two threads at a time.

There are residences, clans, and public, you can pick two of the three to have a thread in but not two in the same section.
Shay 18 years ago
Oh yes, I understand...but my charrie is human, so that leaves out the clans, and not a lot she can do in her house. :S
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
You'd be really surprised, /snort
Shay 18 years ago
Well...ok...I did leave myself open for that one
But she needs to meet more people...make more friends first lol
Aron Swiftwood 18 years ago
What?? Friends first?? How old fashioned....
Rachyl 18 years ago
Aron Swiftwood
What?? Friends first?? How old fashioned....

This from the gallant and gentlemanly old fart of a vampire. Rachyl rolls her eyes.
Shay 18 years ago
L O L ..uhm...Shay's not the type to just grab anyone off the street...no matter how badly she would like 'company'.
Amberelle DeEspionne 18 years ago
lol! I'd have one of my girls drop by and meet you but umm... the two that could are certainly not the nice-to-strangers type.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Well that can have entertainment value all its own
Shay 18 years ago
...Shay says bring em on! She needs info for her book! lol
Claire 18 years ago
Truly, I was not aware that vampires were a widely known fact and Shay is human, was I wrong?
Shay 18 years ago
Shay has heard rumors...and is investigating for a book she is writing. She has no idea if there are really vampires or not.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Grandpa
One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires.

Yeah hopefully no one gets the idea that this is like Santa Carla from Lost Boys with vampires around every corner everywhere and signs posted saying "get out while you can" and such. According to our history there are vampires everywhere and branches of the clans everywhere so no town would be more known for them than any other. Nachton happens to be where the elders settled in the US but its still not an obvious situation.

Just want to clear that up for the non nightstalking members of the board. Kyle, our friendly neighborhood rumor rag reporter, believes vampires exist everywhere but he's generally considered a bit crazy. You know he probably believes in alien abductions and elvis still being alive. No offense there Kyle, you know we love ya.
Shay 18 years ago
Ok -- so now I'm confused. Is it ok that Shay has heard these rumors...or would it be too ooc?
Serena 18 years ago
That depends on your background really. Like for example Serena knows about vamps since her grandfather and mother were both familiars, and her mom told her about them before she was killed by one.. causing her to do lots of research on them and of course she works at Dubine now for a bunch of fangs, hence much knowledge even if she is not a familiar herself =)
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Wow, Kyle hate. /crybomb

My knowledge of vampires is through a serial killer that I followed across country. The murders weren't linked of course, otherwise that would be the story to end all stories - which again lends to the uncanny ability for the vampire culture to hide so well.

I'm also also an investigative reporter who listens to bar gossip. So even though they're just drunken rumors, they just happen to be right. Lately I've been grappling with the effect my reporting has had on my reputation, now that I'm sobering up. But I'm about to embark on a rather eye opening adventure.

Stay tuned!
Aishe 18 years ago
I suppose I'm not helping, either. Aishe knows something of vampires from Kem, indirectly. She only has a very vague idea of how many might be in Nachton, so her calling it 'Vampire Central' is just how she's got it classified in her head. Making little cracks to herself helps her be a bit less nervous about the fact that she's a walking 'turn me' sign.

:P
Shay 18 years ago
All right then. If Shay is an ex-cop, and has written one best selling novel, and is researching for her current novel, I'm going to stay with her they way she is. She's picked up rumors, and is in Nachton to check them out. I thought it fit, and still do
Alfarinn 18 years ago
No no.. I think that sign actually says. "Dinner is served"

Kem is SO getting a talking to when we find him.. Telling a girl about vampires and where he's going and then just leaving her with the knowledge.. shame on him, if he weren't love struck over her we'd knock some sense into his head.. poor besotted bugger.

I would say -a- rumor that something strange ocurred and it just happened to be in Nachton would be fine. Or someone saw this guy, or thought they were bitten and he left them headed to Nachton. Perhaps Shay even has a description of the person but the idea that the place is crawling with vampires or even that there are a lot of them is not generally known. Serena's family being a familiar and Aishe having been told the truth by Kem being reasonable exceptions. So suspecting everything to have to do with vampires would be over the top.... unless you're Kyle.

Kyle is just a nutcase, poor paranoid whacko, he's even suspecting little girls now. Sheesh! Insane, I say!