Dichotomy and Death

Oh how the mighty have fallen the chorus mocked Mathias A noble knight,now a common thug they seemed to laugh at him.

I am a most uncommon thug,thank you very much Mathias snorted quietly.

He waited in the shadows of Nachton's port authority. Only a few minutes and the game can begin....

they made it almost too easyhe thought,remembering his preliminary recon. Mr. Gallo,and his partner Xander Cross had a falling out. It seemed their respective areas of the company were both suffering losses and they blamed each other. 2 nights ago they were seen to be arguing loudly at the Grand Piazza which ended with Mr. Cross loudly storming off. that had set Mathias' min din motion and soon a plan formed.

So here he was,waiting,arguing with himself again.

You were a knight!! You defended Christendom and the Holy Land they argued
I was and am a killer - I committed and let others commit atrocities in God's name. Besides,I kill those who would otherwise prey upon the weak and innocent

However you wish to justify it,Gentle Lord She mocked him again.

He waited.

Mathias 18 years ago
"Hurry the fuck up you ignorant sonuvabitch" Lorenzo Gallo almost screamed at his driver. He had been under a lot of stress lately and tended to be snappish. The acquisition of shipyard property for his "friends" had hit a snag and he KNEW that bastard Cross was behind it. Why he ever took him on as a partner was a mystery for the ages. Because he had money and connections you dumb assGallo muttered to no one in particular.

But that's all about to changehe smiled smugly. Word had come to him through some interesting paths that a solution to his problem was available. Normally this was handled through intermediaries,but Lorenzo felt safe enough. Cross is too chickenshit to touch my personally,he wants to slice me piece by piece. Besides, I have the Twin towers in case anything untoward goes awry. Gallo glanced over at his Mountain like Samoan bodyguards.

Yup,things are taking an upturn for Lorenzo Gallo he chuckled as the car pulled into the shadowy dock area and turned its lights off.
Mathias 18 years ago
Ah,like clockwork..at least they are punctual villains

The car stopped,lights flashing once and then darkness. Concentrating slightly,Mathias extended and enhanced his senses. He heard the car door open. 3 figures stepped out, a small fat man flanked by two...towers. they moved cautiously,as if they were expecting an ambush.

Shocking,their lack of trust...time to earn your blood money I suppose
Hush,you know the good works he does with that money
Doesn't make it any less wrong

Mathias stifled the growing chorus..time to debate the duality of his existence another time.

Moving lightly from shadow to shadow he was upon the first tower before they could react. The tower was nothing of the sort,but a LARGE Samoan dressed in business attire. Mathias extended his hand in a knife edge,smashing and collapsing the trachea - taking the fight right out of the man. Such a sudden,brutal attack had stunned all 3 men and Mathias used it to his advantage,issuing a swift kick to the inside kneecap of the other tower,a similarly dressed man. The Samoan retained enough presence to pull his gun however. While Mathias admired his lack of pain receptors,he couldn't allow himself to be shot - bad form and all. He "heard" the tensing of fingers on the trigger and spun,grabbing the man's arm and twisting it to aim at his choking friend. 3 bullets pumped into the wounded throat,ending his suffering and life. Twisting the man's arm again, Mathias was rewarded with a crack and the gun pointed at his foes stomach. 3 more muffled shots and that threat was ended.
Mathias looked at his watch - less than 2 minutes had passed.
I'm getting slow in my old age

Which left Gallo to deal with...
Mathias 18 years ago
shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit was all that ran through Gallo's mind as his guards were systematically eliminated in under 2 minutes. Everything had been going so good, he was gonna win!!

then the shadow spoke.....
Mathias 18 years ago
Mathias stepped out from the shadows,staring at the quivering mass of humanity that resembled Lorenzo Gallo.

"Lorenzo Gallo,you had robbed,murdered and engaged in acts of vice too disgusting to recount. You have done so to solely profit yourself. You have been judged,and found wanting. Know that I am the Lord's vengeance given flesh and you shall pay!!" He seized the man by his neck,pulled him close. "May you find the mercy and forgiveness you denied others in this life" Mathias whispered as he bared his fangs and drank of Gallo.

A single gunshot rang out, and Mathias set the man against a crate. A dark crimson stain began to spread across Gallo's chest from a single gunshot wound.

Again,Mathias waited. He made it known through Xander Cross' associates that Gallo had planned to meet with a hitman tonight at 7:30. It was 7:20 which meant Cross' men should be arriving right about now....
Mathias 18 years ago
7:30

The man Cross sent was shocked to not find the meeting but rather a scene of slaughter. He still held that shocked look lying on the ground. His pistol was still warm,having been fired into Lorenzo Gallo's corpse.

Mathias looked over his handiwork. While he doubted that the forensic evidence would satisfy the police,they more than likely would simply gloss over "another gangland killing". What mattered however,and what he believed Ellis wanted,was the presence of a known associate of Xander Cross here at the scene. The standard of evidence for Gallo's "friends" was much lower than a court - but their "justice" was more severe. It would be sufficient in their minds to blame Cross for this,and satisfy the million dollar contract.

Pulling out his cellphone,Mathias dialed the number Ellis left him for prearranged contact.
" Tell Ellis she would enjoy the ten o'clock news tonight. And I will be at The House of Pain if she wishes to discuss current events"

He hung up and headed into the night

((Mathias out and lock please))