The Evening After

Alfarinn continued to lay still in the early evening. He would come to that semi awake stage and decide that he was too comfortable and drift back to sleep again. He supposed a part of his mind knew that things had to be done and that part was warring with the side that said he should sleep just a bit longer and that it would all be there for him to deal with when he woke up.

He wondered vaguely if Thaddeus was already awake and waiting on him. A little mischievous voice said that if he was really needed he could be woken up.. which might or might not be difficult to do...depending on how much Alfarinn was enjoying the attempt.

He smiled and drifted off once more.

Thaddeus Grey 18 years ago
Any dreams or disturbances from the night flickered into the background as Thaddeus opened his eyes, instantly awake after the deep exhausted sleep of the day before. He blinked his eyes into focus and took in the sight in front of him with a somewhat foggy smile.

Propping himself up on one elbow, he reached over Alfarinn, pushed aside the curtain, and looked at the clock on the nightstand. It took a moment to register; even though he felt quite well rested, a part of him had expected it to be earlier.

Still...there was time. Thaddeus's smile became somewhat more clear at that thought as he sank back into bed. For a long moment he simply watched Alfarinn sleep, studying his expression, the soft eyelashes on his cheek, the curve of his mouth.

It really was time to get up. They needed to call Simon, needed to be ready for what the day brought. He hoped to visit the Anantya armory today and perhaps find something that felt a bit more substantial. He sighed at the thought; they were deliberately walking into the worst of situations and would need to be equipped for that, but that did not make the thought comfortable.

And there was the thought of encountering Sorin along the way. While his Elder had been calm enough about his relationship with Alfarinn, he thought it might be best to give Sorin a little more time and space to get used to the idea before being too open. He thought about other possibilities for a moment as he took a strand of Alfarinn's hair between his fingers.

If tonight was anything like last night, it would be some time before he had another moment like this with Alfarinn. He weighed the options in his mind and finally came to the conclusion that his lover may well not wish to sleep through the last of their quiet time together.

He leaned forward carefully as he slipped his arm around Alfarinn and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead. He moved down, kissing each eyelid, both cheekbones, his chin, his throat, his collarbone. His hand made soft circles at the small of Alfarinn's back as he continued down, shifting his weight on the bed to draw a line of kisses down his lover's chest.

Raising his eyes to look up at Alfarinn, he smiled against smooth cool skin and ran his hand down to rest on one hip.

[Good evening, Alfarinn.]
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn's mind moved back up towards consciousness to gentle touches. He slowly opened his eyes and looked down at Thaddeus, watching his companion continue a trail down him leading in a direction that had him waking up rather quickly.

He smiled and reached out a hand to Thaddeus's hair, smoothing back gently, still somewhat sleepy but becoming more alert by the moment.

[Beloved]

Alfarinn was glad that Thaddeus seemed in no hurry to move out of the bed. Sure they had plenty to do but in the scheme of things, considering the danger they were in, especially Thaddeus, he had a hard time seeing these times together as unimportant.

He smiled at Thaddeus and trailed the hand gently down his cheek.

[Mmm, what a wonderful way to wake up and such a fine first sight to see.]
Seeing that Alfarinn was awake, Thaddeus whispered softly, not wanting to disturb the peace of the moment.

"It is early yet."Â?

That was, he felt, the only reminder of reality that was needed at the moment. He only wished to preempt any concern on Alfarinn's part regarding the time or what they must do today. They could spend a time enjoying each other before facing the world.

He lowered his eyes at the compliment before looking up once again, his cheeks warm. How Alfarinn could make him blush when the man had only just woken up was beyond him, but for the moment he was simply pleased that Alfarinn was happy.

[Perhaps this is all a dream and you are not awake at all.]

He continued his path down, eyes sliding closed as he tasted along smooth skin, deciding with an internal grin that Alfarinn was likely awake enough for his purposes. His pace was unhurried and lingering as he enjoyed the body under his hands and mouth, letting his skin brush up against Alfarinn's wherever possible. He reflected as he ran his fingers up Alfarinn's thigh, following with kisses where he had touched, that if he had dreams like this he would likely get a great deal more sleep.

[Perhaps you will wake up any minute and find me fast asleep beside you.]

He gave a contemplative lick along the inside of Alfarinn's thigh, then raised his eyes once more, both mischief and passion in his expression.

[Of course, I would find it unfortunate for you to sleep through this.]

He ran his tongue along Alfarinn's length from base to tip, playing along the underside and teasing under the ridge before taking Alfarinn into his mouth, curling one hand around his lover's hip and closing his eyes in contentment. He paused for a moment to relish this moment before pulling back and down again in long, slow movements.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn watched Thaddeus with a small pleased smile, still relaxed and comfortable from sleeping. It would seem from his companion's statement that he wasn't the only one worried about how much time they had for such things this evening but it also seemed that Thaddeus came to the same conclusion that he did concerning whether or not to spend it any way. Great minds think alike, so they say.

His companion's blush made him all the more handsome to behold and Alfarinn would have leaned up to get a better look, perhaps beginning more interactive pursuits but Thaddeus's words stopped him. He smiled then and continued watch his lover through half lidded eyes, deciding this "dream" was indeed pleasant and perhaps he was a fool to even consider not seeing it through.

[Hmmm, such dreams as these...I may never want to wake up.]

The playful attention to the sensitive area of his inner thigh was enough to wipe all sleep fog from his brain but Alfarinn did his best to continue to lay still feigning sleepiness, while regarding Thaddeus with a grin.

As his companion slowly teased and tasted him, Alfarinn thought it would be quite unfortnate indeed to sleep through such a thing, if that were even possible. He'd guess that even had this been a dream it would be enough to wake him up, or certain parts of him at the very least.

[I would agree, this reality is far better than any dream I could have come up with.]

His eyes slid all the way shut as Thaddeus moved in long steady strokes, warm mouth and tongue moving against him making him twitch and bite his lip in an effort to continue staying still.

[After this dream of mine I think I'll be in quite the mood to wake you up properly should I find you still sleeping next to me. I hope you won't mind the ] He sighed and breathed deeply before focusing once more. [ interruption to your own dreams.]

Alfarinn reflected briefly that it was a shame that Thaddeus was such a light sleeper, it would be very pleasant to wake him up in such a manner as well.
Thaddeus smiled inwardly, thinking that his lover must be more awake than he feigned if he had the energy to exchange suggestive remarks. It was, he thought, so like Alfarinn to be thinking of him even when he was meant to be relaxing and enjoying himself.

[I cannot imagine being opposed to such an idea.]

Indeed, the thought was quite arousing, though for the moment he was quite content in what he was doing. Alfarinn was so consistently patient and giving that it was deeply rewarding to be able to offer him a moment of enjoyment all his own. Of course, ultimately he believed he enjoyed this nearly as much as his companion; there was something positively stimulating about pleasuring Alfarinn in this way that made his heart pound in his ears.

He ran his hand once over Alfarinn's hip in a calming stroke before allowing it to join his mouth in his movements, increasing his pace just slightly, not wanting his own enthusiasm to inadvertently cause him to hurry things too quickly. He let his other hand join the first, running up Alfarinn's inner thigh to cup him gently, playing his fingertips along delicate skin.

It was becoming increasingly difficult not to move and push more quickly; he would begin to speed up only to force himself to take his time and slow down again, but that was even more maddening. He reasoned that if he was having this much trouble restraining himself Alfarinn was likely feeling the same way, and, with a soft growl in the back of his throat, gave in to the desire to increase his pace and move firmly against his lover.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn sighed and writhed slightly in his companion's grasp, finding it harder and harder to maintain even the semblance of being still.

[Hmm good.. I'd hate to be ravishing you against your wishes.]

The slow teasing had been maddening enough as it was, causing him to twitch and tremble as Thaddeus moved with sure even strokes. He arched his back as Thaddeus's hands joined his mouth and gave up biting his lip to let out a gasp that had been pent up restraint.

Giving up all semblance of stillness when his companion moved more quickly and forcefully against him, Alfarinn grasped at the covers beneath him, clenching and unclenching his hands as the sensations became more intense. He moaned and arched his back trying not to push against his lover in need.

"Thaddeus...gods... "

Clutching the bed covers tightly and not letting go, Alfarinn decided that his companion was definitely going to deserve that special attention he had mentioned whether he was asleep beside him or not.
Thaddeus opened his eyes and, deciding he rather enjoyed this vantage point, kept them open as he continued to move against Alfarinn. Those sounds and movements were driving him half out of his mind and somehow watching Alfarinn, having that additional connection, kept him more focused and present. Seeing hands twisted in the sheets, back arched, strong lean muscles moving under smooth white skin, was enough to tempt him to close his eyes again in bliss, but he continued to drink in the sight of his lover as he pushed against him.

Deciding there were better things than bed covers to hold onto, he somewhat reluctantly pulled one hand away, still stroking firmly in time with his mouth with the other, and reached out, somewhat blindly finding a hand wound in the blankets. Gently but firmly he took Alfarinn's hand in his own and pulled it to his shoulder, internally sighing at the contact before returning his hand to its prior position, caressing gently in contrast to the vigorous movements of his mouth and hand.

Alfarinn could, naturally, pull back again if he was more comfortable, as much as Thaddeus enjoyed being closer to his companion and feeling that cool touch on his skin. Alfarinn was so considerate in every way that he wondered if the reason the blankets were enjoying his lover's hands instead of him was out of a concern for his sake. He knew that at times he was at best jumpy and at worst skittish about being touched, but just as he wanted the security of Alfarinn's hands on him, he wanted his lover to be certain he was welcome.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn opened his eyes at the touch on his hand and watched Thaddeus place it on his shoulder. He smiled slightly in an apologetic grin and ran his hand lightly along his companion.

"I'm sorry...wasn't thinking. I have been a bit...distracted."

He was more than a little distracted still and he hoped that he didn't grip Thaddeus too tightly with the urge to cling to something. Alfarinn was enjoying being able to leave himself in his lover's capable hands and let himself go. There was assurance there that for this moment he did not need to concern himself with anything else, though it was still true that Thaddeus deserved consideration. He heard Thaddeus in his mind once more telling him clearly "You won't hurt me" Alfarinn certainly hoped so, he'd not forgive himself for being careless when Thaddeus was being so thoughtful.

His hand moved back to his companion's shoulder and he grasped firmly but tried to remember himself enough not to bruise. Closing his eyes once more, Alfarinn leaned back and let himself be over come by the overwhelming sensations that his lover was inciting.

"Thaddeus..."

Alfarinn murmured, as an endearment and a, likely unnecessary, warning, as his body convulsed with each pulse of pleasure that moved through him. Finally laying still, Alfarinn tilted his head sideways to better look at his companion.

"Mmm, You make me feel very blessed." Smiling contentedly, he slowly sat up and pulled Thaddeus closer, wrapping his arms fully around him and leaning down for a gentle kiss. "I'm not sure what I did to deserve you but I better find out so I can keep doing it."
Thaddeus shivered at the light touch on his skin and smiled inwardly at the firm grip on his shoulder, though he was concerned that perhaps his companion was somewhat apprehensive.

[There is nothing to be sorry about; I thought you would be more comfortable this way.]

Thaddeus was certainly more comfortable but he had never intended to unnerve Alfarinn at all. It seemed, however, that he was worrying over a moot point; his companion was, it seemed, enjoying himself quite a bit, distraction or no.

He held onto Alfarinn through the waves of pleasure that followed, wrapping his arms around his companion and continuing to suck gently until the other man stilled. He pulled away enough to rest his flushed cheek against the cool skin of Alfarinn's abdomen and sighed contentedly, closing his eyes and enjoying the feel of his companion. He was, however, soon enough pulled up into strong arms and kissed tenderly. He ran one hand through soft hair and grinned into Alfarinn's neck, nuzzling softy. The sound of Alfarinn's voice, though, pulled him out of his reverie enough to lift his head and meet his companion's eyes.

"Just stay. I'll be here."Â?

With that he once again rested his head on Alfarinn's shoulder, stroking his hair with affection and closing his eyes once more. There was such a great comfort in knowing that not every moment of their lives was taken over by worries, that it wouldn't always be like last night's series of interruptions. He knew that Alfarinn was sacrificing a great deal at times simply to be with him and hoped there were enough good times like these to make the harder times easier to bear.

[In any case, I'm not letting you go.]

As though to prove his point, he wrapped one arm tightly around Alfarinn and sighed softly.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
He sighed contentedly when Thaddeus leaned against him, enjoying the feel of his companion's weight and warmth held close. Alfarinn grinned down at Thaddeus.

"Just stay? That's not a lot to demand."

Thaddeus's words meant a lot to him though, assuring him that he had no need to be perfect in order to make his companion happy. Impossible in any case, but Thaddeus seemed to accept his flaws well enough and that made him more comfortable. It had been so long since he had just been himself with someone and to be loved for simply being Alfarinn was one of the many blessings Thaddeus gave to him.

"I would have thought you'd at least demand....a game of chess once and a while."

Alfarinn held Thaddeus tighter, laying his cheek lightly against his companion's head and closing his eyes, breathing deeply and simply enjoying the moment of calm.

[Good, I enjoy you holding on to me.]
Thaddeus chuckled softly and pulled closer, running one hand down Alfarinn's back.

"Well yes, the...chess...is quite incredible."Â?

He ran his fingertips down Alfarinn's chest, content as long as he was free to touch his companion. There was a thread of guilt in the back of his mind that nagged at him to get out of bed at once and start thinking of everything that must be done, but he rather rebelliously kicked that thought away as he gave Alfarinn's thigh a playful squeeze.

[I'm glad. I enjoy having you close to me as well.]

Reflecting that not long ago he had practically insisted on his companion holding on to him, he smiled into Alfarinn's neck in amusement.

[Though I suppose that is clear enough.]

He lifted his head and took Alfarinn's chin in his hand, continuing to let the other trail up and down his companion's back. Kissing softly up along Alfarinn's throat to his jaw line, he at last met cool lips with an inward sigh of fulfillment.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn laughed and agreed readily. He wondered what they would do in some later situation when someone mentioned chess in a perfectly innocent light and decided he would be pleased to have these little private jokes with Thaddeus and looked forward to being like so many other couples that merely had to look at each other for the laughter to begin over something they clearly understood from their past. Turning his mind back to the "chess" he said

"You are an excellent challenge.. I don't think there will be a clear victor for -centuries-...at least I should hope not."

He smiled and winked at Thaddeus, holding him close and running a hand along one shoulder and then down over the outside of one thigh.

[I wouldn't mind you making it clear as often as you like. Though I'm glad that it is not difficult to tell.]

He wasn't certain that made any sense at all but blamed the lack of conversational skills to it being early yet and Thaddeus's excellent method for waking him up. Perhaps he'd be better served not to get philosophical just yet but instead find better things to do with his own mouth.

Alfarinn leaned down to kiss his companion gently and then continued to trail light caresses along his jaw and then down to Thaddeus's neck, taking his time, enjoying the heat of his lover's skin against his lips.

[I believe there was the matter of making certain you were awake. You look quite asleep to me]
Thaddeus brightened at the sound of Alfarinn's laughter, chuckling himself now at their exchange. Chess, he was sure, would never be quite the same again.

Smiling inwardly at the thought of further "clarification,"Â? he leaned into Alfarinn's touch, very nearly purring at the feel of his lover's hands running over him.

[It is, after all, quite important to be clear.]

He shivered in anticipation as Alfarinn's kisses trailed down his jaw line to his neck, closing his eyes when his companion reached that sensitive place. Every nerve ending seemed to tingle at the feel of those cool lips on his skin; in fact, he privately felt that he had never been more awake in his life, though naturally he played along.

[Mmmhmm, fast asleep. And having the most wonderful dream...]

He reflected that normally one did not stroke their hands up and down their lover's arms while sleeping, or rub their cheek against soft blonde hair, and for that matter usually sleeping people were silent and not sighing quietly in pleasure at the feel of light kisses. Perhaps he was not the most convincing sleeper in the world.

He was, however, certain he was the most content.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn smiled against Thaddeus's neck at the affirmation that he was quite asleep. He leaned back and took a look at his companion and the bent back to focusing on kissing him.

[ I do believe so, you do toss a bit after all...makes me wonder what you dream about.]

He picked Thaddeus up long enough to turn and lay him down beside him gently on the pillows. Smiling, Alfarinn began to trail teasing fingers down his lover's chest, following them with cool lips and a warm tongue.

[ Hmm...I suppose I shouldn't interrupt this wonderful dream.]

Alfarinn sat up and scooted down the end of the bed, pausing a moment as if contemplating getting up, before turning back to Thaddeus.

[Perhaps if I'm really quiet and very careful I can kiss you without waking you up?]

With that thought, he reached out and lightly held on to the arch of one graceful foot, leaning down to start his kisses from this end.. a kiss on the ankle..a slow drag of lips and teeth along the calf, a light touch of lips behind the knee.. He paused looking up at Thaddeus with a mischievous grin.
Even as distracted as Thaddeus currently was by far more interesting goings on, he could hardly help but wince inwardly at the realization that he had managed to disturb Alfarinn in his sleep after all. Why had he not mentioned it?

He answered his own question quickly enough; after all, he was more than willing to trade a little lost sleep for the comforts of Alfarinn's arms. Why should Alfarinn be any different? Even so, they would be spending quite a long time together, and at some point his companion would need a good night's sleep.

Deciding to worry about the matter when Alfarinn wasn't kissing down his chest in that truly captivating fashion, he relaxed into the touch, tilting his head back onto the pillows.

Which, he reflected ruefully, allowed for the perfect opportunity for an escape attempt. He really would have to pay better attention, though he was beginning to notice that Alfarinn tended to feign these getaways just before he did something quite...interesting. He pushed himself onto his elbows, one eyebrow raised.

He had time tilt his head curiously to one side as he registered that Alfarinn had his foot in one hand before gradually sinking bonelessly back into the bed.

Well. Who knew?

It probably should not have come as such a surprise; Alfarinn had a way of setting the rest of his nerve endings on fire, why not these? Even so, he felt his calf muscles twitch at that light kiss to the back of his knee and could only be amazed that his companion had found yet another way to drive him absolutely crazy.

[I don't think it is physically possible to sleep through that.] His lips curved into a smile. [Though perhaps we should test that theory. Consider me a willing subject in the name of science.]
Alfarinn 18 years ago
He wondered at the brief feeling of guilt or unease on the part of his companion at the mention of him tossing in the bed. Thaddeus never said anything about something bothering him previously and seemed to not wish to state anything now. Alfarinn came to the conclusion that perhaps he was keeping Thaddeus awake with his own sleeping habits, he'd never know once he was asleep but he did occasionally wake up on his own during the day or have a hard time getting to sleep, though admittedly that had happened a great deal less since he had been sharing a bed with Thaddeus. It was so like his thoughtful lover to never bring something like that up, Alfarinn decided he'd ask sometime later.

He was rather intrigued by the reaction of his companion to these light kisses and thought that perhaps he had found another sensitive spot to explore but he wasn't certain which one. Being a thorough person by nature, Alfarinn went back to the place he started and kissed each place again pausing longer between each place to see which it was.

[Did you just give me a license to fondle you in your sleep, Thaddeus? You might never dream again you know.]

Alfarinn smirked playfully at his companion before continuing his way slowly up his leg.
Thaddeus had every intention of responding to Alfarinn's question, but found himself at a loss for words when his companion moved back down to his ankle and began working his way up at a more leisurely pace. His muscles twitched in anticipation as he pushed himself back onto his elbows, his toes curling as Alfarinn carefully kissed along his calf. He tilted back his head with a sharp intake of breath when Alfarinn at last reached that delicate skin at the back of his knee, trying valiantly to stay still.

Alfarinn, he realized, had him completely; he had managed to forget about so much as breathing when his companion began his slow trail upward and had found a weakness even Thaddeus was not aware of. His imagination could not have conjured a more erotic scenario than this; Alfarinn at the end of the bed moving slowly toward him, looking completely irresistible and doing something so unexpectedly delightful that he was still quite amazed.

Somehow, in the midst of that sensation, he managed to find his voice, though he would be the first to admit that even in his mind it sounded a bit on the shaky side.

[Alfarinn, you can touch me any time you wish. I'm yours.]
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn smiled to himself at finding the spot that caused such a reaction from his companion. Leaning back down to it again, he flicked his tongue lightly across the sensitive place teasingly before running his lips lightly over it.

Lifting Thaddeus's leg and placing it on his shoulder, he slowly started kissing his way up the inside of his lover's thigh, adding an occasional affectionate nuzzle to the otherwise single minded focus of driving Thaddeus crazy.

After a moment, He paused thoughtfully and looked up at Thaddeus.

"Thank you. It means a lot to me, you know. I realize that not everyone is so easy with people touching them and for you to be comfortable with me doing so at any time." Alfarinn frowned, not finding the right words. "without warning, doesn't sound right but without being prepared, I suppose, being lost in thought or asleep, says a great deal to me. I am glad that you are comfortable enough with my presence even then."

Alfarinn smiled at Thaddeus in gratitude before going back to touching him, continuing his kisses until he reached the place where thigh met groin. Circling one arm around the leg over his shoulder, he leaned down to drag his fangs lightly along this soft warm skin before going back to light teasing touches with his lips.
Thaddeus closed his eyes and took a shaky breath, shivering as Alfarinn caressed that sensitive skin with his mouth once again. Deciding to take his chances with another escape attempt, he relaxed once again under his companion's touches, dimly aware of the fact that his heart was racing in anticipation even as he practically melted into the bed.

He was content enough that Alfarinn did not pull away this time, though the pause in movement brought him back to full alertness. His lover certainly had a way of keeping him on edge; Thaddeus found he loved every moment of it, and smiled softly in return.

Though now, he was internally debating, and bit down on his lower lip in hesitation. He had mentioned his desire, his insistence even, for Alfarinn to feel completely free with him precisely because he knew his own nature and understood it could be taken the wrong way. He wanted very much for Alfarinn to understand that even if he -did- jump a mile at an unexpected touch, it was still very much desired.

"I always want you near me. I cannot promise I will never be...surprised..."Â? he lost his thread of thought for a moment as Alfarinn moved upward, and reminded himself to breathe and keep enough focus to finish a sentence. "You have picked up on the fact that I am somewhat of a light sleeper and..."Â?he made a soft sound in the back of his throat at the feel of Alfarinn's lips high inside of his thigh "...Mmm...in general I can be edgy at times...and get lost in my own thoughts more often than not..."Â? his voice was quickly going breathless, though he could hardly leave his thought unfinished "...but I can assure you, you are always wanted."Â?

He managed, in spite of the angle, to reach out with one hand and brush his fingertips softly up and down Alfarinn's arm. His entire body was trembling now under Alfarinn's touches, his thigh twitching at the feel of fangs on delicate skin, replaced by those cool lips.

[In any case...you seem to surprise me in the best possible ways.]
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn curled one arm around Thaddeus's other thigh and brought it up onto his other shoulder, turning his head to give it some deserved attention as well, before looking back at his companion.

Gently stroking both legs with his hands, he smiled and said

"I expect that and its ok. I can feel when I'm not wanted." Alfarinn grinned and added. "Which means I can generally also feel when I -am- wanted. I would expect you to be surprised if you were doing research and I came up behind you and touched you. I might even scare you enough to cause you to jump and leave a long black mark across your page." Looking absolutely mischievous, Alfarinn continued. "I would, of course, feel it my duty to make it up to you for startling you but I understand that the first reaction doesn't necessarily last long. "

Leaning back down to continue where he left off, Alfarinn added, between kisses to the hollow of each hip,

"And I might know that you're a light sleeper" His voice got softer as he added quietly. "because I've stayed up and watched you sleep."

Having ended his commentary with that confession, Alfarinn decided it was a good time to distract his companion. Still holding both legs around him, he moved down and took Thaddeus deep into his mouth, pausing a moment before slowly pulling back up.