Tree climbing

Cyrus raced through the trees. Content with the events of the Hunt and his feedings. Hopefully no one counted the deer in these woods because an old doe had made a tastey meal for him.

He could pick out the older and faint scents littering the tangle of vegetation. Some of Talon in wolf form, quite a bit of Mai in stoat form, as well as the stench of the two dogs belonging to Chryseis. He was quite pleased to give identity to many of the strange smells.

Unable to resist instinct he made several markings at his new favorite positions. Standing on his hind feet and raking his claws down the tree left quite a sign. While on all fours his body was only 3feet and 4inches long, not including his 3foot tail. Standing on his rear legs and streching upwards gave him almost a six foot reach.

He spent time exploring the trees and deadfalls he found to his liking. One even hid a small cave carved out of the dirt by the tree falling and dislodging a boulder. The boulder rolled just a few feet away, leaving an open area, under the trunk and dead branches of the tree, about 6 square feet. Deciding to sleep there for the day he pulled more boulders up with his mind, and blocked all but a catsized entrance. Placing a few more rocks closeby to seal it up behind him he went back to exploring.

((ooc: Open if someone wants to romp in the forest, finding his cave may not be taken as a friendly act though.))

Cyrus 18 years ago
He hung from a tree limb for hours. Waiting and watching. The mouse on the forest floor had been scratching around at something for a few minutes, the noise had disturbed him.

'Just where is a nice lil stoat to destroy the vermin when you need em?' He wondered briefly, chuckling inwardly at his own silliness.

Deciding to deal with the little creature he began slowly changing position. Soon, rather than laying along the top of a branch he was underneith it, hanging from only his back paws, his long tail wrapped around the branch loosely. His movements had been slow, quiet and only created normal noises for the forest. The little mouse was none the wiser to his presence.

Finally Cyrus, with a wide openmouthed feline grin, pounced. The poor mouse was trapped under his front paws, shaking in fear and scrambling frantically to get away. After a brief contemplation, he raised his paws and watched the thing race away, deep into the underbrush.

Deciding it would be wise to retire before dawn, Cyrus loped back to his makeshift home, crawled inside the cozy cave. With ease he pulled the few rocks at the entrance closer, blocking the way completely. Feeling safe that his nest would not be disturbed he curled up, flipped his tail over his nose and drifted off to sleep.
Cyrus 18 years ago
The leopard awoke at dusk. He carefully emerged from the cave and shook the dirt from his spotted pelt. Cyrus had no desire to return to human form and hunt prey today. He felt quite at ease in these woods and began running about the treetops.

Finding himself near the edge of the trees, next to the cathedral, he walked head-first down a tree trunk. He sniffed all around the church, investigating the cemetary too. Briefly he contemplated going in to climb about on the rafters, but did not wish to disturb anyone that may be inside. So instead he settled for stalking into the gardens.

The black and brown pelt was not perfect camoflage in this green and leafy environ, but Cyrus really didnt care at the moment. Boldly he walked through the grass, hedges and past benches. It was really a magnificent garden, hosting a variety of styles and plants.

Finding himself at a gazebo on the edge of the english box garden and the start of the Japanese garden, Cyrus looked around. He lept to the top of the small structure and curled himself along the roof, hoping to spot a mouse or gopher to give chase to.
Amberelle DeEspionne 18 years ago
Amberelle leaned in the open doorway of her suite looking out at the gardens beyond bathed in the final hints of the sun's rays. She had been up even before the sunset and was feeling restless, frustrated and worried. The television was turned on softly in the room just behind her with news reports and current events streaming across the set. As they played footage from the night before and earlier today she frowned. Sighing softly, she rubbed an aching temple slowly with her free hand.

Taking a sip from the steaming cup of coffee from the second pot she'd brewed, the blonde's thoughts were a jumble concerns about her friends and family back home in New Orleans. It would be a while before she'd know anything, and she reminded herself firmly that the city had been around for hundreds of years and it would be fine after a mere hurricane.

'It's withstood plagues, floods, fires, wars and storms before. Its people are strong.. survivors. Just have to have a little faith.'

Feeling the effects from the caffeine and the stress, she went inside and went through a few simple stretching exercises. When she felt loose and a bit more controlled, she glanced over at her feline friend. His big green eyes followed her, he was sensing his mistress' emotions. Giving him a small lopsided smile, she nodded towards the open doors to him.

'Race you to the gazebo!'

His tail flicked and he studied her a moment more before standing and yawning with an exagerated stretch. With one last glance back towards her he leapt off the chair and rushed out the wrought iron doors. The streak of black cat running low to the ground was quickly followed by a smaller golden furred one, gaining ground.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus was watching a small bat dip lazily across the garden, probably enjoying the insects flying about. He had been still for many minutes, not even his tail flicked as it dangled off the edge of the roof so the small creature had gotten quite used to him.

The night was heavy with humidity, heat and the scents of the gardens. It was peacefull here, though not as much as the forest behinde the cathedral, but still peaceful. The sounds of the night were comforting and familiar even in this unfamiliar land.

Noticing the bat take a break from its dinner, he scanned the area. Someone must have entered this area of the garden. Keeping still to blend into the weather darkened wood and the night, Cyrus's golden eyes were open wide, searching for whatever intruded.
The two cats raced through the garden, hopping through flowerbeds and bushes, back and forth across each others path as they weaved their way towards the gazebo. A break in the plantings showed a sleek furred golden cat racing swiftly ahead of a larger black tom. Further ahead their positions were reversed as they leapt across one of the winding paths. A small stream ahead had the larger tomcat veering to the nearby bridge.

Grinning to herself, Amberelle saw a chance to pull ahead. With supernatural grace and agility, the golden cat lept up onto a tall rock sculpture and then across a series of small branches, each swaying and bending under her weight as she lept to the next. With a trimphant meow she lept the last few feet onto the gazebo's roof and slid to a halt. Small amber eyes widened in suprise as they met larger golden ones.
Cyrus 18 years ago
The leopard watched the two small felines race around the garden. He was pretty amused by the whole affair, especially when the little golden girl lept up onto his hiding place. He wondered if the big black tom was going to join him as well. Maybe he should have chosen a tree instead.

Rather than scare her by moving he just continued to look at the small cat. She was a pretty little domestic type cat. The kind you see people cherishing as pets. Perhaps she belonged to someone in the manor or even was someone from the manor.

With a small smooth movement he just barely cocked his head to the side, looking at her inquiringly. She probably couldnt see the small flicks the very tip of his tail was making as it dangled off the roof oposite her.
'Merde! Where the hell did a leopard come from?' Eyeing him, the little golden cat slowly drew herself tighter, back arched a little as she studied the large feline in front of her. Her tail thrashed back and forth, little jerking motions to display her agitation. Amberelle's pupils narrowed some as she watched.

Below, a latecomer bounded up into the gazebo, meowing mournfully for his mistress. His little gray nose sniffed the air, scents of her and another cat mingling. He paced around the interior, hopping up onto the railing and studing the roof above.

[Louis ma petite, hush now.] Amby soothed her pet some, but could still sense how tense he was. It mirrored her feelings as well. Her nose twitched as she took in the scent of the golden eyed one across from her. It was somehow vaguely familiar but nothing she recognized. Deciding to test her abilities some, since she'd never tried on anything other than a few house cats and one of the bobcats at the Zoo, she projected her thoughts out.

[Hello there.]

((OOC dunno if it will work coould be up to you.. ))
Cyrus 18 years ago
Amused Cyrus watched the little thing instinctively arch but it did not puff up like most cats would upon finding another in its territory. The cutie was barely two pawsfull so it was not too threatening. He tilted his head a bit more to the side, how very currious.

He was coming to the conclusion that there must be a cat lover missing their pet when the black one started investigating the gazeebo. He felt soothing thoughts brush past him to comfort the one below. Curiouser and couriouser. His tail was ticking back and forth, now at least half of it moved.

Her [Hello there.] stilled his tail. This was definately a vamp, though who, he couldnt place, perhaps he had not even met her yet.

[Hello Kitty.] He thought back at her, cracking himself up on the inside.

((ooc: Being very feline, its only natural to hear and respond.))
Her ear tip twitched slightly and she gave the closest thing to a snicker she could manage in her current form at the large cat's greeting. Perhaps it wasn't meant to be a joke, she reminded herself, and bit back a flippant comment. 'At least I can be sure he's another kindred.. but who?'

A little more comfortable now that she knew what she was dealing with, Amby settled down, carefully laying down with her paws folded and tucked in. Her tail curled around her slowly, adjusted a couple of ties until she was satisfied and rested with the tip across her paws. Mimicing him, she tilted her head to she side and studied the larger cat.

[Your scent isn't familiar.. I'm not sure if we've been introduced. My name is Amberelle.]

Cyrus 18 years ago
Amberelle was it? Cyrus thought hard about who he had met around the manor so far. It took another good sniff or two for him to place her. Of course at the time, Talon had been overshadowing her.

[Greetings Amberelle. I am Cyrus.]

Quite amused at her imitation of him as well as her fussy cat movements, he emulated the tail display. Without all the finicky shifting about because he was quite used to being still and stayed in his prior position. Flicking his long tail over his paws made him realize just how tiny she was. Barely bigger than his tail. He realized presense must have startled her.

[Please accept my apologies if I startled you.]

He had never been approached by another shifter while in this form before, only real cats. It was quite a new experience. Perhaps he should not be so closemouthed though it was his nature. Straightening his head, he stared at her little kitty eyes.

[Are you enjoying your evening?]
Relaxing now, she studied the gold eyed feline across as he 'spoke' to her. His appology made her want to smile, which while impossible in the form was evident in the tone of the response she sent him.

[Well it was a little bit of a suprise but not an unpleasant one. Wait.. Cyrus.. Ah we did meet, in the gardens the other night.] She chuckled to herself. If only she had been paying more attention, and hadn;t been distracted by Talon. Ah well.

[My evening.. well, I can't complain.] 'Not compared to my family back in New Orleans, that's for certain.' [But the night is still young, so hopefully it will get better! How about yours.. have you been out in the gardens here long this evening?]

((OOC I wasn't copying you =p That's what my kitty does so I used him as an example =) ))
Cyrus 18 years ago
Thinking back to his romp in the trees, sleeping the day in just a small dirt cave and then romping about this eve.

[I have been out for a while. The grounds are nice though I am not used to this country. Living alone for so long has spoiled me in certain ways while leaving me bereft in others.]

That was possibly more information than casual greetings required but sending his thoughts was very comfortable. When speaking he had learned to weigh every word with care, a good teaching for young mongol boys. Of course the need had vanished years ago but the teachings still stuck.

Cyrus missed his lush forest, with its pack of fellow leopards, lack of hunters and bounty of game. There he knew he could 'camp out' without fear of discovery. His familiars kept others out to maintain it as a preserve all the while perpetuating the myth of it being cursed. The former was for visitors and the later for the locals. The system had worked quite well for centuries.

Unfortunatly few fellow vampires came to the region. And he had never wished to turn anyone simply to ease his loneliness. Thus his social skills were more leopard than modern vampire. Perhaps his stay here would help develop those skills. At least to the point that he didnt try to chase down others to pounce upon them.

[If you would be so inclined and have not explored the woods yet, I would be happy to show you the points of interest I have found.]

((ooc: I was just enjoying the 'copy cat' pun. ))
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus' muscles twitched a flex then relaxed. Hopefully he had not insulted the little golden girl overmuch with his offer. Of course she may know the woods better than he, though he was sure that each inhabitant would find their own special places inside it. The other felines in his forest home did. It was always quite enlightening to see it through their perspective.

With a fluid movement he gained his feet, careful to respect her feline space and not loom over the small thing. Carefully, so as not to damage the gazebo, Cyrus walked down the back support post. Head first, as his wrists and ankles were specifically designed to do just this. He looked back up with his head slightly cocked.

[Would you like to come?]
Lost in thought, studying the other feline, Amby blinked and tried not to twitch as Cyrus stood. He was much taller than her, and she appreciated how he seemed to be careful not to tower over her as he moved. Since she was a tall woman, the size change was something that always took a little getting used to when she was in her feline form. But it was nice sometimes, and certainly had proven useful on many occasions.

[Certainly! I haven't taken any time to check out the woods since I've been here, it'll be nice to stretch my legs and see some more of the manor.]

Standing and stretching her body out, she kneaded and clawed at the roof a moment then turned to follow him. Coming down off the roof would make Louis a little less uneasy at least. It was endearing how protective he could be of her, she thought with a smile.

Unlike Cyrus, the little cat wasn't designed for tree walking so she opted to hop back into some nearby branches and bounced down to a low enough level before she leapt onto the gazebo's railing. Louis rushed over to sniff and examine his mistress. When he spotted the large leopard making his way down the side the black tom seemed to do a little hop backwards on all fours, drawing himself up and puffing up.

[Chut, ma petite. He's one of my clansman.. he won't harm you, or me. We're going to go run in the forest, do you want to come play?]

[I will follow mistress.]

Still eyeing the large feline warily, Louis' tail twitched and thrashed his opinion, though he stayed silent. Her topaz eyes studied him a moment and she sighed to herself. She could expect a few shredded pillows at this rate.

[Well, lead on! We'll be behind you, since you know your way around better than us I bet.] Amby said to Cyrus and turned to follow him.

(( OOC : gah! I'm so sorry.. this must have gotten read and I didn't realize I hadn't replied. ))
Cyrus 18 years ago
Resisting the urge to puff up like the black tom did, he contented himself by stretching up onto the tree next to the gazebo. Once he had his legs fully extended he scratched deep gouges as he stretched. Ok, so his little exhibition was silly when performed on a simple housecat, but it was just as ingrained to assert his dominance as his Mongol upbringing.

Pushing off of the tree he lept several feet and began a slow lope into the woods.

[Let me know if I go to fast.]

He sent to Amberelle. Somehow he did not think she would be able to keep up with his pace should he travel normally. Tiny thing. Made him wonder how she got along with the stoat.

Upon reaching the second strand of trees he lept into the low branches of an oak. Walking slowly amongst the other trees at this level was difficult, The branches were farther apart in these trees. After half a dozen transitions he went six feet higher up. This should be easier for the little cats as the thinner branches entangled. It also slowed him up, as he tested each one to see if it would hold his weight. He could glide, should one break, but that was cheating in the jungle.

The magnificent trees stood stately, opening their arms to the inhabitants of the grove. At peace with the natural order of life all around. Green leaves vied for sun, while brown and grey branches lifted them high. Parasitic vines snaked around limbs to steal the sun from the leaves for itself. In some places these vines were old and larger around than branches, making strong paw-holds for felines.

Upon reaching a particularly old and stately tree, Cyrus stopped and climbed up it a bit more. He situated himself in snug connection between a branch and the trunk. From up here one could see over the other treetops.

((ooc: Quite alright! I had almost forgotten myself.))
Cyrus 18 years ago
After romping in the woods Cyrus went back to the Manor to call for a car. His hotel room was still home and he should return this eve. Also he needed to find snacks rather than continue to poach Anantya deer.

Soon enough the car service had his favorite drink, er driver at the door awaiting his requests.

((OOC: Lock please if Amberelle doesn't mind, this appears to be dead. Thanks!))[/i]