Colonial with a View (lock)

Alec checks the card again - the realtor had to be kidding. Scenic view...if you tore out that damn condo across the way. Still, it is well located, decent part of town and has an excellent sublevel. The individual who painted the lime green on this traditional Colonial should be given a sound beating, though...nice to see the painting I requested is complete. Black on white. Perfect. A little close to the touristy bits, but that is a fringe benefit these nights. With a few minor modifications, this place could be up to snuff in no time. Too bad about the view, though...

He takes his key out of his sealed and chained wallet, and turns it in the lock. Hm. Locks will need to be replaced, and I'll have to set up my securities myself. That might take a few nights...at least all of the gear is with me. Good solid frame and door, though...excellent raw materials.

Let's see how the movers did...hm. Looks like everything...aw, crap...my lamp. Well, if that's the bulk of the damage, I can count myself lucky. Might as well move everything in as I go. I guess I'll keep it in the master bedroom until I can get it fixed.

Ah, nice. The interior shutter mountings are already installed. Bonus. That'll speed up window and exterior security installation by almost a night. In fact...I can probably get the parts installed before hitting the town tonight. I'll do the wiring later.

*sigh* Almost feeling livable. Wonder where I can drop all these crates...garage for now.

Alec finishes a general sorting of his belongings and washes up before getting the lay of the neighborhood and finding the local night spots. Hell, maybe I'll get lucky and find a local to give me the lowdown before I get in over my head. Either way, it'll be good to have a bolthole before getting involved with the Tach here...nice to have a couple of days shore leave *chuckle*.