The Lone Gunman ((lock))

Ginnie drove her little green bug to the same parking lot she had been in earlier that night. It was close enough to the pier that her tracking equipment would work. She pulled one of the many hard-sided cases out of the back seat of her car and climbed out. Using the lip of the window as a brace she hoisted her and the case to the roof of the car.

She settled herself and opened the case. A push of a button had a small rotating antenae rising and a series of soft beeps to start. She pulled Corey's cell out of her jacket pocket, and plugged it into her little box, hooking it up to a speaker phone. She dialed the nubber on the phone. Three rings had a pleasant baritone answering.

"This is G."

When she spoke her voice held a soft southern twang, instead of her Scottish lilt."Yeah, hi. I'm looking for Corey. He like left his phone here and none of his friends have like seen him. Do you know where he is?"

"No, young lady, I do not. Is something wrong?" He sounded genuinely interested, it made her skin crawl.

"Well, it's just that I was kind of in need of well you know. He left his phone so I thought he might like to give me what I need in exchange. Ya know." She gave a tittering giggle, her eyes rolled themselves into her head.

"I'm supposed to meet him later. You could bring that phone to me, and I'd give it to him." 'Stupid cocksucker, I bet you would take this phone and you can just shove it up your ass cause that's as close as your getting to any sex tonight.' She turned her snicker into a breathy giggle

"Would you really? Oh that would be great. Where should I meet you?" She almost had him, just needed to keep him on for a minute more.

"How about the Planetside Diner?"

"Oh, gee I don't know where that is. I'm still kinda new in town." She could hear him lear, it made her stomach turn and she was glad she'd get to off this guy soon.

"It's really easy. Just take a cab to Pier Twenty-Three. It's right there on the street facing the pier." 'Gotcha you slimey bastard.' As he'd said the word street she had found his location. He was on fucking Pier 23. 'Don't mind mixing business with pleasure huh?'

"Well, thanks, Mister G. I'll be there right soon. Oh! How will I know who you are?" He chuckled. She could hear him smoothing his hair. 'Asshole.'

"I'll be the only one in a suit."

"Well that makes it easy. Thanks. I'll be there soon."

"I look forward to it, miss..."

Ginnie gave another breathy giggle. "Jennifer, just Jennifer. See you soon, mister G." She hung up the phone and wrote down the address on the notepad she kept with the GPS system. 'Damn bastard. I'll teach you to take my people and turn them into scum.' She climbed down from her car and headed for pier 23, it wouldn't take long, not at the ground eating run she used.

Ginnie 18 years ago
She found the address easily, but the number of armed men made it impossible for her to get close. Ginnie wasn't about to blow this place up blind, The Beast could be in there. She turned and headed back down the pier and went into the diner.

G was right he was the only man in a suit and he stuck out like a sore thumb, amid the empty booths and the one dockworker at the counter. She put a flirty smile on her face, and bounced her way over to him. His eyes went right to her breasts and she had to resist the urge to punch him.

"Mr. G? I'm so glad you're here, this place is kinda creepy." She effected the same breathy southern accent and held out her hand to him. The man stood, and he was huge. She was forced to look up at him, opening her jaw and letting her breath come faster, to keep in character. Ginnie put him at 6'5", 350 pounds. It would take two of her to be as broad as the fucker's shoulders. His arms were as thick as her thighs. The head perched atop those shoulders had short military buzzed black hair, dark brown eyes, and if he wasn't so freaking huge, he would have been mind-mellting handsome. She wondered where the hell he found suits to fit. Then figured they were custom tailored.

"Pleasure to meet you, Miss. Jennifer." She made a fluttery motion with her free hand. The hand she had extended had disappeared when he'd wrapped his around it.

"Gosh, Mr. G, you're big. I don't think I ever met anybody as big as you." She let out a twittering giggle as her pulled her closer with her captive hand. He leaned down and spoke in her ear, his voice was low and just short of being lecherous.

"You have no idea, little lady." She giggled again, rolling her eyes. 'What a slimey bastard. I swear to God this is going to be more fun than blowing up that warehouse. ' Her hand slipped in between them, slowly she pulled her gun, and before tall, dark, and stupid knew what was happening, she had the gun under his ribs and his hand in a wrist lock.

"Yeah, and I never want to know." The southern accent was gone, her lilt taking on the edge of her anger, enough to let the guy know she could kick his ass, and eat him for lunch with out breaking a sweat.

"You have some explaining to do, Mr. G. So you and me we're gunna take a little walk. Then a little drive. Then you get to talk to some real nice people. They'll treat you real good. Better than you'll get from me that's for damn sure."

A swift fluid motion had her by his side, the wrist locked hand tucked under his free arm, as though holding her hand, and her gun making a nice bruise on his third rib from the bottom. "K, Huggy Bear, We're gunna pretend to be a couple out for a little stroll. I got another one of these." She jabbed him with her gun, eliciting a grunt. "I know how to use them, and you really don't want to know what these bullets do to a man's insides."

He resisted her for all of three seconds. When he heard the gun cock, he settled down and walked with her. It took them just over twenty minutes to walk to her car. She let go of him, unlocked the door, moved the seat back and helpped him shove himself into the tiny interior. The seatbelt was pointless, so she didn't even bother. When she had him seated, she reached behind the seat and pulled out plastic, police issue cuffs. She cuffed his left hand to the center console, slammed the door on him, and jogged to the driver's side. She crawled in, reached across him, and cuffed his right hand to the door handle.

She flopped herself into the driver's seat, tugged her keys out of her pocket and set off for the Domicile, sticking to the speed limits and traffic laws. As they drove she called ahead to have back up waiting for her when she arrived. This poor guy had no idea what getting involved with scum like Hillman was going to cost him. The mercs were never nice to hostile witnesses.