Second Date that made her... (lock)

Confused. That's how Connie felt as she paid the taxi fare and entered the lobby. The large, ornate clock above the reception desk read 1:15am... And Connie wasn't tired.

Aroused. Hungry. Lonely and yet so completely connected to this girl, this woman, this vision of loveliness that made her smile with the merest thought of her name, her scent, her touch. She found herself completely motionless in the lobby as she recalled the quiet explosion of sensuality in the kiss they'd shared. "Kisses," she reminded herself.

She bounced onto her bed, still fully clothed. Nyra's subtle scent washed up at her from her blouse, probably from the embraces they'd indulged in.

Her brain was working on overdrive. One part of it replayed the entirety of the night several (dozen) times while another had a conversation.

"I hope you're not just using this girl for sex."
"I'm not! If it were, the first night would have been just that, and nothing more."
"But you know she's only twenty eight, and hasn't had anyone interested in her for anything but her art for years, and she's probably a bit low on the self-esteem totem pole."
"She's not. She's quite sure of herself. She's just not sure of what she wants, not sure of the wrench I just threw into her plans of getting in, conquering Nachton and getting out."
"You know we both care more than most would think possible after one full day together."
"And that's what scares me."
"And you know she knows nothing about the 'dark side' of Nachton."
"Should I tell her? Maybe. I might need to if I accidentally bite her... Oh, she'd be so sweet, but... it's another part I'm scared of."
"Why?"
"That whole loss-of-innocence thing can destroy people, and I'd hate to be the one to destroy her, her talent."
"One day at a time..."

Connie's body had been busy while the conversation continued; she stripped bare and was holding her blouse between her hands, lying on the bed. She breathed deeply of the blouse from time to time, and ignored the incessant tug of desire between her legs.

As she drifted off to sleep, one final thought crystallized in her mind: "If she decides to leave after her planned month in the city, I will let her go."

Connie 18 years ago
She woke, her hands tangled in the blouse, all completely wrinkled and bunched. "I should get it laundered but I don't want to lose the scent..." As she went to take a whiff of the blouse she noticed the scent was gone. "Ah well, I'll just need to hug Nyra again!" Giggling and smiling at that prospect, she tossed it and her other date clothes on the laundry pile and hopped in the shower.

As she exited her room and headed into the lobby, she saw Reagan there. After he greeted her, she decided to let him know she'd be checking out the next day.
"G'morning, Reagan. I just thought I'd let you know tonight will be my last night here; my new apartment is almost finished and I wanted to thank you and your staff for being such accomodatin' people."

They chatted briefly until Connie excused herself to go to work. She took the valet's offer to get her car, and when she got in, lowered her sunblinds, then drove to "the office."

(( Out ))