Moonlight Stroll

(( Continued from Second Dates are Always Interesting ))

Connie stood on the wheel bumper of the spot next to the one Nyra selected while she situated the bag of leftovers and locked the car.

"So... tell me about your car?"

Nyra 18 years ago
"Its a bit unusual isnt it?" Pocketing the keys she stepped back to look at her car.

"I told you my father is an inventor. Well he had developed an engine that would be emissions and fosil fuel free. He sold the patent to a well known manufaturer and they burried it. Let me tell you this annoyed him no end. So he went about improving his first design by incorporating more energy saving methods. When its in motion, like on a highway, the air generated by driving powers up the batteries. The batteries store the energy when there is not enough air flow. Its specific designed is used to guide the air into the intakes."

She put her hand out to Connie so they could begin walking in the garden. "He had ten made by a friend in a Hybrid prototype company, each family member has one, but the others went out to be tested for mass production. Its currently using mostly an interior from a Prius. Dad had mine in yellow while all the others were in blue. I added the purple myself."
Connie 18 years ago
"You have a most interestin' family, Nyra," Connie complimented as she took her date's hand and stepped lightly from the bumper. "You've said yer a third generation artist; so that means yer mother is an artist too. And now you've an inventing father... Such promise in your family, such intelligence and creativity."

Connie memorized the licenseplate out of force of habit as the pair walked up to the main gate of the Gardens. "This'll be my first time here. I'm glad I'm with someone special." She squeezed the hand holding hers, and turned a smile to Nyra.

The nearly-full moon rode low in the sky, but then, it had only just risen moments before they'd entered the car. Hybrid. Environmentally friendly vehicle. "Stop it, Connie," she told herself. "So charmed by this lady, even your brain is rambling."

She picked up a map at the Visitors' Desk, then looked at it, back at Nyra, and slid it back into its stand. At Nyra's inquisitive gaze, she commented,
"Spontaneous exploration is more fun than following someone's idea of 'where you should go,' because then you might miss something."
Nyra 18 years ago
"You are the beautifull explorer! So lead on."

She put her hand back into Connie's and smiled up at her. "I didnt even bring a notebook to sketch in, so you have my undivided attention."
Connie 18 years ago
Such a lovely smile warmed her as she smiled back. They walked hand-in-hand together a few steps into the Garden when Connie stopped. Turning to Nyra, she asked bashfully, "Would you mind if I take off my shoes? I've always enjoyed steppin' through grass barefeetec, and with all the dogs in the city, not to mention dr..." ACK! Don't say drunkards! "deplorable litterers I'd rather not chance any surprises. I showered just before dinner, so they shouldn't be too oderiferous."
Nyra 18 years ago
"That sounds lovely. I think I will join you." Unselfconciously Nyra plopped herself down onto the grass and tugged off each shoe. She pulled a grocery sized plastic bag out of her purse that had been folded into a tiny square. Placing her own shoes inside she held the bag open to Connie.

"I like to keep a bag for trash with me, so I can pick up litter as I see it. Dont worry, this bag is new. Well, recycled from my neighbor's in Oregon's groceries, new."
Connie 18 years ago
Connie dropped her black flats into the bag and held out her hands to help Nyra stand up. As she helped the other woman up, the two were standing very close together. Connie's heart sped up as she looked into Nyra's hazel eyes, that curious mix of brown and green unreadable for the moment.

Her mouth worked briefly as if she were going to speak, then she closed her mouth and swallowed her words.

"I was gunna ask something but then I realized it was rather forward for our second date, so I'm just gonna store that one for later." She winked, nibbling nervously on her bottom lip.

"So instead," she rambled on, "I shall ask you if you've been here before, and if you have anything specific you'd like to see again, or mebbe show me?"
Nyra 18 years ago
"I was here once before, sketching flowers. I dont think I have really taken in the garden in and of its entirety. Perhaps a good goal would be the fountain in the center? Last time I was here it was not running but it was beautiful. Supposedly any path will take us there."

Swinging the bag in her hand she offered the other to Connie, while gesturing to a brightly lit path. Wondering what exactly her date had had in mind earlier. "You sure you dont want to ask me whatever that was? You should realize I will be wondering all night now."
Connie 18 years ago
Connie knew she shouldn't have said anything anywhere near as descriptive about what she shouldn't have said, because it couldn't have been good... And she was right.

She coughed, and cleared her throat, opened her mouth a couple times, then finally sighed.

"I had been pond'r'n, what with all that you do to keep the environment safe and all, recyclin', hybrid cars and such, I was, ya know, kinda half thinkin' - if it were legal and all, and not morally frowned upon by the puritanical bass-ackwards laws and old fuddy-duddies runnin' the world as it were - if it wouldn't be easier to jes' go nekkid all the time."

She nibbled her lip, then continued, "And some part of mah brain piped up, 'And I wouldn't mind if Nyra did.' And of course, me bein' me an' all, it almost slipped out so now that I've gone and done embarassed mahself again I'm gunna shut up."
Nyra 18 years ago
Unable to restrain the blush and giggle, Nyra spontainiously hugged Connie briefly. "The problem with nudity is the weather, and me being uncomfortable around others nekkid."

"But if you want to be nude, just come on over to my loft anytime!"

She stopped to point out a beautiful flowering tree off the path. "Its so beautiful in the moonlight. I sketched this tree during the day and it wasnt nearly as pretty."
Connie 18 years ago
Connie leaned closer to the beautiful plant, still warmed by Nyra's embrace. "The sign says... 'Pretty Plant that looks Better in Moonlight.'..."

She snickered. "I guess that means the botanist hasn't been through to categorize some of these yet."

She leaned forward to sniff gently at the blossoms, then held one lightly in the palm of her hand for Nyra to partake as well.
Nyra 18 years ago
Gently placing her hand under Connie's, she sniffed at the blossom. It was a very nice scent. Nothing compared to the scent of drying paint, but nice.

She kept hold of her date's hand and pulled her deeper into the garden. Down the path, towards the fountain.
Connie 18 years ago
The fountain loomed... No, loomed was too negatively connotative a word. Well, maybe "loomed" fit the size... Artemis stood tall, bow drawn, a veritable flock of chipmunks, squirrels, rabbits, and other animals in various states of rest or activity about her feet.

Gazing up at the statue, she began to ramble about Artemis, Greek goddess of...
"Greek goddess of the hunt, of young women, childbirth, harvest, nature and the moon. I imagine that she would find you one of her most loyal subjects..." Squeezing Nyra's hand, she turned and smiled.
Nyra 18 years ago
"I am unsure about her most loyal. Unless the hunt was to enjoy things in thair natural setting. But that is the most wonderful compliment I have gotten. Thank you, again" Blushing for the hundreth time she stared at the fountain. The water gleamed in the moonlight. Its flow was not forceably fierce nor too soft, but just natural in and of itself.

Looking down at the water pooled in the large barrier surrounding the fountain, Nyra wondered what it would feel like against her toes. Would it be as cool and smooth as it looked.

She returned Connie's squeeze with one of her own, dropped her bag of shoes and purse onto the ground. Racing up to the fountain she climbed over and dangled her feet in the water, being sure to pull her skirt up to avoid soaking it.

"Cmon in the water is great!"
Connie 18 years ago
"I meant more as far as nurturing nature the way you do..."

Connie was a bit surprised when Nyra just about ran to the fountain and sat on the edge, dropping her feet in. Grinning at her nearly child-like exuberance, Connie walked over to the edge and sat, leaned over and rolled her pant legs carefully.

Swinging around, she un-splashedly placed her feet near Nyra's.

"Ya know, you're right. It is lovely..." She was quiet for a moment. A flash of imagination popped into her head - Nyra erupting from a pool, arms raised, water cascading down her generous, sensual form, running in rivulets down her silky skin, brushing her hair back and wiping water from her face simultaneously. Shaking her head, Connie sighed, and leaned into Nyra.

"I haven't been swimmin' in years."
Nyra 18 years ago
"I dont know that one could call this swimming per se. More like just getting out feet wet." Grinning at her date and wiggling her toes in the moondrenched water, Nyra realized she had not had this much fun in a long time.

"This has been a wonderful date. Thank you for making it so amazing."
Connie 18 years ago
Connie wrapped her arm around Nyra and gave the woman a half-hug. "Thank you for saying yes! I've had the best day since... well for a very long time! Speaking of time..." She looked up to the moon. "We still have quite a bit; it's not even midnight yet, even with all the time we took enjoyin' that delish meal."

She looked back down at Nyra and tilted her head slightly. "I'm still open to doing somethin' else, if you are. Your pick though, since I thoughta the Gardens." Giggling, she stuck out the tip of her tongue playfully.
Nyra 18 years ago
"I am not sure what else we could do. After that great meal, then walking hand in hand in the moonlight through these beautiful gardens and finally naked feet bathing together. What else could finish this amazing night off?"

Kicking her feet up a bit to splash at Connie's made her laugh again. The date had left her with a giddy feeling and it wasnt over yet. Perhaps they could return to the studio. Painting with this overwhelming bubble of joy would be fantastic.

"We could always return to my Studio. I would love to paint you."
Connie 18 years ago
Connie's heart thudded in her chest. The only people who'd seen her nude were ex-lovers and her mother. And it was a very long time ago... for both.

"You sure you don' mind jumpin' from date two to date three?" She blushed and nibbled at her lip again. "I sure don't," she thought.

Then she decided to vocalize it.
"If you don' mind, I certainly wouldn' complain."
Nyra 18 years ago
Blushing brightly "Actually I wanted to capture you right now. Standing in this fountain with your feet wet, pants rolled up and that beautiful blue bringing out the smoke color of your eyes."

Realizing how much that was to ask for, she took a moment to look at Connie. Committing this moment to memory so that she could recreate it in paint on her own if need be. Of course standing around for an hour or two might not be her dates' idea of a good ending to the evening.

"If you wouldnt mind that is."
Connie 18 years ago
Connie smirked and winked. "How bout this, how bout you and I just do what's natural, and go with the flow? So, since your 'flow' wantsta paint me, then by all means, go ahead! I'm yer willin' subject. Just tell me what I gotta do. As much as I love a good plan, sometimes bein' spontaneous and throwin' out the rulebook can be so much more... stimulatin'."

She took Nyra's hands in hers, turned her a bit more towards her, closed one eye as if inspecting Nyra's face. Connie turned Nyra's hand gently, then pushed fingers around so that the other's first finger was pointing out, then raised it to the pert nose between those mesmerizing hazel eyes and made a "BEEP" noise.

She snickered and blushed.