Dry cleaners and stains

Carol was snorting gently as she tried to explain the stains on her blue dress. 'Ok, I KNOW this look like...well...' her face crumbled into snorting giggles again. 'Really, seriously, it's yogurt. I promise.'

The dry cleaner's bald head reflected the bright sunlight streaming in thru the window. He gave the blonde in the dark sunglasses an odd look and took the dress. 'Fine.'

Carol pushed up her Jackie O sunglasses and gave the dry cleaner a final snort. The bell over the door signaled another customer walking in and Carol turned to see who it was with a quick glance over her shoulder.

Man. Tall. Yummy. Sweaty. He'll do.

Her mind registered these minor facts and did a double take, turning around fully and placing her elbows on the counter behind her.

'Howdy,' Carol said looking over the top rims of her sunglasses.

Kyle Evans gave the blonde a pleasant smile.

Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle dug furiously for his sunglasses the moment he stepped outside the glass rotating doorway of Nachton Time's building.

'CRAP...' he muttered slipping on the sunglasses. He stumbled a bit as he made his way thru the crowds of people walking downtown. He checked his watch.

12:04pm

'Perfect, high noon.' Kyle said as he walked the 5 blocks down to his dry cleaner.

He reached the front stoop and pulled open the door, signaling the electronic bells announcing his presence. Standing in front of him was a very short, petite blonde who looked at him long enough to cause him to look down at his own clothes.

'Howdy,' the blonde said, looking over a pair of large sunglasses.

Kyle smiled and looked at her bare legs. His smile broadened. Just then the dry cleaner perked up and greeted Kyle.

'Kyle, good to see you.' He wandered off and returned with a black suit and a white shirt drapped with dry cleaning material. 'This all?'

He broke his stare off of the little blonde long enough to take the suit. 'Actually, can I change into this and drop off this one?'

The dry cleaner nodded
, 'Sure sure.'
Carol 18 years ago
Carol watched the dreamy tall drink of water take his suit and chat with the dry cleaner. He wanted to change into his fresh suit.

With a smile, Carol chimed in,
'Dont let me stop you, I'll turn my head if you like.' She took off her sunglasses and stuck the tip of one of its arm in her mouth, clamping her teeth down on it.
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle grinned and took off the plastic sheet over his freshly laundered clothes. 'Really now, miss, I wouldnt be a gentleman if I did that right here.' He looked at the dry cleaner as he opened the swivel door to let Kyle in back to change. The dry cleaner rolled his eyes at Kyle and grinned.

Kyle walked in back and quickly stripped when he heard a cell phone ring tone. Walking back he was saddened to see the little blonde gone.

'Where'd Cleopatra go?' He asked the dry cleaner.

Handing Kyle a piece of paper,
'She got a call and wanted me to give you this.'

Kyle took the paper and noted her name, Carol and her phone number. 'It's nice when you dont even have to try.'

The dry cleaner snorted as he rubbed his bald head, 'I wouldn't know.'

Laughing, he handed the dry cleaner his clothes. He adjusted his jacket and decided to pocket his tie. He unbuttoned the collar of his shirt and tore off the ID dry cleaning tag, throwing it in the garbage. With a wave he walked back out into the afternoon sun.

(( Kyle out ))
Carol 18 years ago
Carol watched the yummy man walk back to change. Just then her phone rang. Answering her small, silver cell phone, she turned her back on the dry cleaner and walked closer to the door for privacy.

'Carol here.'

It was Marthinus doctor. Carol was the contact number for all his needs and updates.

'Miss Carol Hedly? This is Dr. Taylor, Mr. Steyn's doctor. I'm calling with an update on his condition.'

Carol's eyebrows rose, 'He's not gotten worse, has he?'

'Well, yes and no. He had a second heart attack in the early morning but he appears to be...well recovering very well.'

She frowned,
'And that's...bad?'

'No no.'

'So...that's good?'

'Very much so.'

'What part is bad?'

The doctor paused, 'Well it's not bad...just...' he sighed into the phone. 'Miss Hedley it's not...natural.'

Carol stiffened. Something was happening and it was happening without her in the loop. 'Thank you,' she said and hung up her phone. Walking back to the dry cleaner, she wrote down her number and shoved it towards the man with a wink.

'Be a dear?'

And with that she was gone.

(( Carol out ))