As luck would have it...(lock please)

Etain gazed up at the night sky and couldn't help but frown as she noticed the dark clouds forming, followed by a single drop of rain that landed on the tip of her nose. She let out a deep sigh and made her way through the door of The Grand Piazza.

Her eyes quickly scanned the lobby and she knew she had found just the place she was looking for. At least for the moment. She wandered around the lobby until she spotted the bar, her hands stuffed into the pockets of her Versace jeans. She gave the bartender a small smile as she walk past him to one of the deep arm chairs beside the fire. She sunk down in the chair and closed her eyes, glad to hear Norah Jones playing softly in the background. Nearness Of You was playing, which was one of her favorites.

She opened her eyes and tilted her head slightly at the woman that was standing before her, "
Would you like a drink, ma'am?"

Etain nodded, reaching up and tugging softly at her right ear, "I would, thank you. A dirty martini. Belvedere vodka.....extra dirty"

The woman wordlessly turned towards the bar and left Etain sitting there, enjoying the roar of the fire and the soft music.

William Unruh 18 years ago
Liam walked into the bar and quickly glanced around, surveying the people of the bar with both his eyes and his mind, trying to find something interesting to take his mind off his move. "Hrm, now that is interesting, she could be quite fun" he muttered to himself as his eyes and mind fell upon a bit of red hair peaking out from the top of a chair by a fire place. He idlely wondered what she looked like as he let his empathy linger on her mind.

Walking over to the waitress who had just left the fire, he smoothly slipped her fifty dollars and asked if he might be allowed to deliver the drink to the patron. The waitress looked like she was about to protest until she saw the amount of money he had slipped her. He quickly ordered another martini for himself and carried them both over to the fire.

Walking up next to her he held her drink out to her and nodded at the empty chair beside her. "I am afraid I have just arrived and have no one to drink with, would you mind if I joined you ma'am?"
Etain Donegan 18 years ago
Etain looked up at the man, her eyes not leaving his. They didn't dare. She knew that if she tried to take in too much that she wouldn't be able to help but give herself away. She reached out with a slender hand and took the glass by the stem, giving him a smile so sweet that it should be sickening, "Why, thank you." She grinned as she added before taking the first sip of her drink, "Did the waitress go on strike?"

Her eyes began to drift dowards to his lips, but quickly trailed back up to those pale blue eyes. "Sweet mother of all things green on this earth," she thought to herself. "Those eyes...." For the first time she was thankful for the distraction of the first sting of the drink as it trickled down her throat and into her chest.

She blinked a few times and then waved a hand towards the chair next to her,
"Please. Do sit down. It would be a shame for me to keep this fire to myself."
Liam smiled his lopsided grin as he pulled the chair next to her slightly closer and turning it to face her a bit more before sitting down. As beautiful as I could have hoped he thought to himself as he took the first sip of his drink. Perhaps my trip to this city will be more interesting than I had thought at first.

He leaned forward in his chair, and stared into her eyes, her amazingly green eyes, wanting to keep them locked on his for as long as he could.

Finally, before the silence had a chance to start becoming uncomfrotable, he leaned back slightly and reached into his pocket for his cigarettes, lighting one without ever taking his eyes off of her.

He leaned slightly forward again and set down his drink, reaching out his hand to her.

"My name is William Unruh, but please, call me Liam miss...?"
Etain forced her eyes from his gaze, letting them fall to the floor as she smiled shyly. She couldn't have him thinking she was a harlot. She reached out and placed her hand in his and spoke, the Irish lilt in her voice becoming thick, "Donegan...Etain Donegan. But please, just call me Etain.."

She bit down slightly on the inside of her lower lip as her cheeks flushed, noticing that her hand was indeed still in his. Not quite knowing what to do, she put her glass down and nervously pushed a few loose strands of hair back behind her ear before tugging on her earlobe again, "It is a pleasure to meet you. I didn't think that I would meet anyone within my first week here."
Liam used the moment her eyes were down to fully take in her body, gazing her up and down. somehow she made the white t-shirt and jeans seem elegant. And the way her chair dwarfed her small body simply made him want her more.

He subtlely made a few small circles with his thumb on her hand before slowly letting her hand slide out of his, letting their finger tips linger against each other for just a moment before their hands seperated.

"Please, Etain, the pleasure is all mine. After living in hotels for the past few years this is one of the few times I have come down to the bar and been able to find such pleasurable company to spend my time with."

He moved his eyes off of her body as he spoke, watching her hand as it tugged on her earlobe, allowing his gaze to glance down to her neck, deciding that this would indeed be an excellent night.

"So Etain, what brings you to the city?" he asked as a way to get conversation started, simply to hear that wonderful irish lilt once again.

She found herself leaning forward ever so slightly, and lifted her glass again, not quite daring to speak just yet. She took a small sip, fighting back the urge to chug the entire thing down at once.

After a few moments, she began to relax again and let her body sink into the deep cushions of the chair. When she finally spoke, she was the picture of pure composure,
"I have just graduated from Law School." She stretched her legs out and crossed them casually at the ankles, shrugging a shoulder, "I heard that there were a few good law firms here. And if not, then I will try to start a practice of my own in time."

Etain's eyes met his again and she gave him a soft smile, "In the meantime, I am just....here." For a moment she dared and she took in his face in its entirety. He was quite lovely. Sharp features. "Nice lips...good enough to..." She cut herself off from her revere and forced herself to look up again, "And you? Why have you chosen to grace the city with your presence?"
Liam allowed himself a slight grin as he watched the conflicting signals she was sending. Such desire in her mind, and yet she was so determined not to show it.

He chuckled briefly and said
"A friend recently moved here, I am simply stopping by to make sure they get... settled in properly." That was one way to explain the situation he supposed, close enough to the truth anyway since he had no idea what exactly he had come here for anyway.

Shaking the stray thoughts of the crazy woman from his head he reached for another cigarette. He quickly took two from the pack and lit them, extending one out for Etain to take.

"So tell me about yourself etain, do you enjoy the law?" he asked as he held the cigarette out, wanting to hear her talk again far more than he cared about the answer to his question.
She reached out and took the cigarette from his hand, her eyes lighting up at the mere thought of being able to discuss her chosen profession. She took a long drag on the cigarette and forced herself not to cough. It had been a long time. Leaning forward, she spread her legs slightly and rested her elbows on her knees, almost giddy from just the scent of him. He smelled like..Soap. Clean. She liked clean.

Her hair fell down over her shoulders and a bright smile crept across her lips,
"I love the law. Not so much the letter of them, but my role in upholding them.." She took another drag from the cigarette, the smoke not such a shock this time, and she reached over and flicked the ashes into the crystal ashtray beside her chair, "Think if you can for a moment. You hold the life of this person in your hands. It matters not wether they are guilty or innocent. They put all of their trust in you to prove that they have done no wrong.." She gave him a lopsided grin, "It can really be quite intoxicating sometimes."

She took in his Armani suit, immediatly knowing the designer as well as the fact that it isn't cheap, "And yourself? What is it that you do?"
He listened closely as she talked, drinking her every word as he watched her smoke, watching her motions, his eyes drawn back to his lips every time she took a drag off the cigarette. He was almost entranced by the way the smoke framed her face and floated around her.

He smiled when she asked what he did and waved for the waitress to come over.

"Please, allow me to show you"

When the waitress arrived he held a quick whispered conversation with her, she walked away nodding.

For the next minute or so he just sat there, not saying anything, waiting. Finally the song that was playing cut out and a new one started.

Quietly, he started to sing along with the music, his voice deep and quiet, barely carrying beyond the two of them as he sang along with the music to Sinatra's "Five minutes more".

As he began to sing, Etain leaned over and rested her elbow against the arm of her chair. She began to unconsciously twirl the hair just above her temple around her forefinger. He did have a beautiful voice. Very soothing. Much like the rest of him. She hadn't expected it from him and even though she was thorougly enjoying listening to him, she was miffed that she hadn't read him correctly at all.

As the song continued on, her featured softened. Her eyes betrayed her. She couldn't pull them away from his. It was undoubtedly the most romantic thing any man had ever done for her, and she had seen her share of men. This one was different. Dangerous. He had the ability to break hearts and she knew it. In fact, she had no doubt that hearts were broken all over the west when he up and left. Oh well. Her gain...Maybe.

As the song neared the end, she silently hoped that the next song would be just as slow as this one. She didn't care where, or how, but she found herself wanting to be in this mans arms. If it had to be right here in front of this fire, then so be it. She began to inwardly panic. Would she ask him? He certainly wouldn't know what she wanted. Men weren't fucking mind readers. She was growing more and more agitated with herself for ruining the moment. Her face remained calm, but there was a definate struggle between the body and the mind.
Liam smiled as the song ended, and stood without saying a word. Turning, he effortlessly moved the large chair out of the way, followed by the table. He turned and bent down toward her, his face brushing her hair as he moved it next to her ear and whispered

"dance with me".

He drew himself up to his full height and held his hand out to her for a moment, as Norah Jones started singing the next song that he had requested from the waitress
She watched him curiously as he began moving furniture, then gave a small start when he held his hand out. She slowly placed her hand into his and allowed him to pull her gently from the chair.

She shifted her hand slightly so that her fingers were entwined with his and looked up to him, suddenly feeling awkward, and again agitated. She couldn't help but wonder what was suddenly turning her into an idiot. She was always the one that did the playing, but it seemed tonight that he was playing her.

She began to lay her other hand against his chest but stopped short by just an inch. she quickly pulled her hand back again and tapped her forefinger against her bottom lip, her green eyes just staring up at him.
Liam smiled down at her softly, reassuringly as he reached down and took her other hand in his, running one of his fingers along her bottom lip as he wrapped his hand fully around hers. He slowly pulled her hand away from her face and placed it flat against his chest.

Still smiling down at her, he slid his hand off of hers and wrapped it around the small of her back, pulling her against him as he began to dance.

He slowly moved, the hand on her back rubbing slow circles against her body, enjoying the smooth feeling of her shirt, and the warmth of her skin beneath.

He leaned his head down closer to hers and whispered into her ear
"I do this also little etain"
Etain let out a soft sigh as his finger trailed over her lip, then allowed herself to be pulled against him. Her breath quickened until she was snug in his arms. She closed her eyes and softtly nuzzled his chest with first her cheek, and then the tip of her nose. She had never felt like submitting to someone, but she melted against him as though she was made of butter.

As she allowd him to lead her through the gentle rocking motions, her fingertips softly brushed over his chest, tracing the small circles around a button of his shirt. She had certinaly never believed in Heaven before, but she truly thought that she had now found it. She felt as though she was completely safe, and yet in the middle of a raging storm in the ocean....on a raft.

She knew that the song would soon end, and her hand trailed over to the lapel of his blazer and grasped it. She knew that she was probably making an idiot of of herself, but this was so nice. Or maybe it has just been too long since she had gotten a piece of ass.
As the song slowly wound to a close, Liam slid his hand slowly up her back, slightly massaging her skin through the shirt as he moved his hand up her the back, under her hair and onto the hot skin of her neck. He twisted his hand slightly, allowing his long fingers to slid under her shirt and lightly brush along her naked skin.

As the last note of the song echoed through the bar, he pulled her slightly to the side and tilted her head back, leaning over her. He paused as their noses brushed against each other, moved a bit closer stopping so close to her lips that he could feel the heat from them, but not touching her.

Pausing there for a moment, he waited, staring deeply into her eyes, waiting to see if her mind or her body would win the fight.
She just stood there transfixed for a few moments, unsure as to what to do. As long as they were in the bar, she was ok. He wouldn't win. Her lips parted slightly as though she was going to say something, but instead, she merely lifted her hand to his face. The back of her hand brushed softly against his cheek, trailing down slowly along his jawline to his chin, where her fingers took over. She brushed the tip of her forefinger over his top lip, then over the bottom.

She kept her eyes locked on him, a fierce determination glittering within them. She released his lapel and laid the hand against the back of his neck, her fingers tracing small circles against his skin.

She couldn't just give in. That would be going against everything that she was. At least, she couldn't give in yet. She had to know that he needed her just as badly. She wouldn't let herself become the played, despite the fact that she knew she was losing.
Liam smiled as he stared into her eyes and her finger ran over his lips. He ran small circles with each finger tip as he moved the hand on her neck slowly around around to the side. He lifted one figer off of her neck and brought it to the top of her right ear. Slowly he brought it down along the outside of her ear, relishing the contrast of cold metal earrings and warm skin as he did so.

Then, without taking his eyes from her, his hand left her neck and moved to her back. He switfly picked her up and spun her back around to the chair she was sitting in and gently set her down, his hand running around her side and over her stomach as he did so.

He left their still entwined hands together and reached over with his other as it cleared her stomach to grab his chair and pull it back over, closer this time, close enough that as he sat down their legs were still touching, his knee between her legs, pressing against one of them at mid thigh.

He smiled at her and laughed softly before saying
"So to answer your question little Etain, that is what I do"
She blinked a few times...Very slowly. What in the fuck just happend? She honestly thought that she had him there. She pulled one of her hands from his and rested it on his knee, giving him a small smile, "You make a living teasing women, Liam? That isn't very nice of you.." She was cut off by the waitress and she looked up, ordering a vodka/cranberry for herself and another martini for Liam. She definatly needed something to calm her head a little more.

As the waitress walked away, she looked back over to him and wrapped her legs around one of his, crossing her ankles and leaning back in her chair,
"So what are you planning on doing here? The same thing? Or are you just hoping to spend your time singing to strange women in bars?"
Liam laughed for a minute after the waitress returned with their drinks, "Tease? Hardly a tease, I didn't even steal a kiss from this beautiful girl I had in my arms!"

As Liam spoke he started to slowly move the leg that Etain had traped between her legs back and forth along her thighs, moving it in time with the small circles he started making in the palm of the hand he was still holding.

"As for what I had planned to do, I hadn't given it much thought to be honest, I have found that it is best to keep my options open, it allows me to fully... explore those chances that spring up from time to time."

Saying this he swiftly drew two cigarettes out of their pack and twirled them between his fingers for a moment before quickly putting them in his mouth and lighting them. He drew one out and leaned forward to place one if his fingers between her lips, allowing him to slip the cigarette in next to it. He slid his finger down her chin and let it linger there a second before sliding it off her face and sitting back in his chair slightly.
"After all, it would be a true shame to not explore all of life's little oppurtunities wouldn't it"
She couldn't help but quirk an eyebrow curiously. She took a drag from her cigarette and slowly blew out the smoke, "That depends on how much exploring you want to do. You could end up looking so hard that you miss something you nearly stumbled upon." She put her cigarette don in the ashtray and lifted her drink to her lips, taking a few large swallows before putting it back down.

She closed her eyes for nearly five seconds, the sensation against her palm nearly driving her insane, but when she opened them again she looked perfectly calm. She lifted the cigarette just an inch from her lips, and stopped,
"So..you either are an incredibly good lounge singer...Or you seduce women for a living. You seem to do both equally well." She looked at him with a grin, "You never specifically said what it is that you do."