Soul Shop (Lock Please)

Priscilla stepped onto the busy sidewalk and walked aimlessly around, taking in her surroundings. Cabs wizzing past, horns off in a distance, people chattering away. Most people seemed oblivious to their surroundings and focusing on their task at hand. Others, however, seem acutely aware of every movement around them.

At this moment, her task was window shopping. She walked past each of the stores, admiring this and that in the windows. Some stores, she stopped walking and took in the beauty of their wares displayed in an attempt to draw people in and purchase.

Sweet aromas lingered in the air, drawing the black haired Priscilla towards it. She found herself at the entrance to a tiny little eclectic store, "Soul Shop". Pushing the heavy door open that held a quiet squeak, Cilla stepped inside. Books, candles, incense, cards, scithes, offering plates, tarot cards, bibles. Almost every religion had a place in this shop, every beleif had it's own little nook here.

Feeling a headache come on, Cilla reached up behind her and released her ponytail from its restrictions. Letting her hair cascade down to her hips with a life of its own, she continued on her journey of the shop, pocketing her hair tie.

Picking up each incense and smelling it.
"Oh, that's horrible.", she wrinkled her nose at one stick of incense and put it back. "Mmmmm, delicious.", she commented as the stick she was holding stayed in her hand with the promise of being taken home by her. After several smells of the sticks, she had accumulated 14 and looked forward to burning them in her hotel room.

She continued to browse the different things in the store, taking delight in each one for its' unique purpose.

Jeeves 18 years ago
Jeeves was wandering the Soul Shop, looking for a proper silver knife. Unlike his atheistic master, Jeeves had been a devote pagan most of his life. Not an overly open one, but when the moon was full, he would sit somewhere outside in a robe and quietly chant. It gave him peace of mind somehow. He had thought about looking into the wicca, however he wasn't quite sure if it was such a good idea. After all, he had secrets that he had to protect at all costs.
Priscilla 18 years ago
Upon hearing the quiet squeak of the door, Cilla looked up and took notice of a well dressed man enter the shop. Not wanting to stare, she looked back down at the athame she was handling. The bone colored handle had beautiful swirls of blue and white forming the shape of the Goddess upon it, laying at the feet of the Goddess was a white wolf. A black sheath that went with it had the imprint of Pagan symbols, 'love, health, peace, protection'. "Bonito.", she said under her breath. Holding the athame up, the silver of the blade caught the reflection of the man she had watched enter the shop only moments before.

Then the thought crossed her mind, perhaps he knows the town well and could suggest a few museums or points of interest in this city. She walked to the counter ready to buy her items so she could speak with the silver haired man.

Completing the transaction, she slowly approached him, hoping he didn't mind being bothered while shopping. Cilla cleared her throat to attract his attention.

"Ehmm ehmm. Excuse me, sir?"
Jeeves 18 years ago
Jeeves was slightly startled by the approach of the young lady. Her eyes held him for just a second, before he came back.

"Yes, what might I be able to do for you my lady?"
Priscilla 18 years ago
Cilla smiled at the silver haired man who seemed to possess old world charm. 'My lady', he had called her. No one has ever addressed her as 'My lady'. Bringing her attention back she started, "I wondered if you may be able to tell me of some interesting places within this city, sir.". She noticed her accent from her homeland of Romania as unusually heavy at that moment which took her off guard, her accent only makes itself heard when she is nervous or telling a story and gets excited. Not giving the man time to offer her any suggestions, she kept on, trying to keep her accent at bay this time. "You see, I'm new here, I've recently moved into The Grand Piazza. I'd love to know if there were any places around here that hold interest. Perhaps an opera or an art museum. Oh! Yes! An art museum, I've not been to an art musuem since I was in France. Though, I would love to know where the library is as well! Admitingly I haven't had as much time to read lately, but one cannot help to love the vastness of a library and the secrets it holds."

Nervously she moved the bag with the incense and athame to the other hand, realizing she was more than likely rambling to this innocent man who was now caught in the middle of her excited chatter. "I'm sorry,", she offered, "normally each place I travel to has a travel guide to let you know of the tourist attractions, then you can usually find other spots of interest from there. But it seems this place doesn't come with a broucher.", she smiled at him extending her arm out to indicate the streets outside.
Jeeves 18 years ago
"A tourist in Nachton?" Jeeves raised his eyebrow and then smiled. "Well, why not, I suppose it's a fairly decent city after all"
She seemed so out of place somehow, innocent. Jeeves wondered how many hours it would be before someone took advantage of that. He found himself hoping it would not be a vampire.

"Well, the opera isn't open quite yet, and I'm afraid the library is still closed, however there is a fairly decent art museum not too far from here. I could show you I suppose..."
Priscilla 18 years ago
"How kind of you to offer." Cilla smiled warmly. "Though, I won't have you going through any trouble for my expense. If you could just tell me of the location, I'll head that way. Since it's nightfall now, I may be able to get in a little walk around the museum before heading back to the hotel for the night."

She hoped he would join her, but truely did not want to bother him any further. It had been a very long time she had someone to talk with, sure she had conversed with people through her travels, but no one to share her experiences with. At that moment, she greatly missed her mother and pappa. Not letting her face betray her thoughts, she made sure to keep the smile upon her face and her eyes friendly, when in thruth they threatened to fill with tears at the thought of her parents.
Jeeves 18 years ago
"Ohh, I wouldn't mind going. That is, if you wouldn't mind being seen with such an old fossil as I" he said with a smile in his eye.
"It's been quite a while since I've been to the art museum, and I hear they have a rather extraordinary exhibition these days."

Curious eyes, those...very curious. He would have to make sure she got safely back to the hotel. At this hour in this city, a lady such as her really shouldn't be wandering the streets.
Priscilla 18 years ago
Cilla had to contain her joy at his words, not wanting to scare him off before they even started towards the museum, she calmed herself and said, 'I'd -love- it if you accompanied me. Thank you.", she said genuinely.

She turned to walk towards the door then turned to him abrubtly.
"Forgive me.", she smiled shyly. "My name is Priscilla." As she extended her hand to him, her pappa's words rang in her ears, 'Ma petite, Cilla, you should always show yourself as a lady, but hold the wisdom of both men and women. Never falter to read a mans intentions with you. You can read a man by his handshake or more importantly, what his actions are when you introduce yourself.'
Jeeves 18 years ago
"Ohh, I'm terribly sorry...how rude of me. I am Martin Jeeves, and it..." he bowed, took her hand and politely kissed the back "is a pleasure to make your acquaintance"

Jeeves found himself liking the girl more and more. Nachton was the last place in the world he had expected to find something not corrupted by the world. In an odd sort of way, it did make sense though.

"Well..perhaps we should attempt to find the art museum then?"
Priscilla 18 years ago
She wont lie. Her heart did skip a beat when his lips pressed a feather light kiss on her hand. When he straightened back up, she bowed her head slightly with a small smile. 'Maybe old world charm isn't gone', she thought to herself.

"Well..perhaps we should attempt to find the art museum then?", he asked.

"Yes, let's.", she replied smiling up at him. Cilla started towards the exit of the small shop and absently ran her thumb over the spot on her hand his lips had been.

((Cilla out))
Jeeves 18 years ago
Jeeves decided that he should probably come back another day, and followed Priscilla toward the exit. Jeeves was by no means a cold man, and had made love to many beautiful women during his life. He was however, vampire blood or not, old. He admired the beauty in women and he would still turn his head if a particular enchanting one came by, but the lust was gone, had been for decades.

"It's not very far, just a couple of blocks away"

((Jeeves out))