Seeking information ((lock))

Ginnie hated crawling out of the damned sewers, they were dirty and stank to high heaven. She'd strolled back to her car, punching numbers as she went. By the time she's made it to the little green beetle, she'd contacted six of her sources and they had agreed to meet her in a half hour. She stowed her case in the boot of the bug and pulled out her hunting gear.

She ducked into a dark alley close to the lot and took off her faded Levi's and black "I <3 Boys" shirt. She donned a black sports bra, kevlar vest and black leather pants. One needed to wear things blood could be cleaned from when hunting. She put a shoulder holster, complete with two Glock 31 .357's, over the vest and a leather jacket zipped enough to cover the vest, but still allow her to draw her guns. She slipped a Benchmade knife into the locking sheath up the back of her vest and one into an ankle sheath before she pulled on black leather boots.

Armed and armored she stowed her clothes back in her car and walked the few blocks to the alley that lead to the pier, where she was slated to meet her sources. Her stomach growled, and she had a hard time keeping her fangs retracted.

Ginnie 18 years ago
She leaned on stack of crates with her foot propped on another lower stack. She'd pulled a gun and it rested against her lifted thigh. From one direction two large men dressed in business suits approached and from another two in what Ginnie liked to call junkie clothes; baggie pants and shirts and those close fitting hats pulled nearly to their eyeballs. All four looked unarmed, but she knew better than that. From the same alley as the thugs came what looked like a little boy, he was, in fact, just over twenty, but had some sort of growth hormone thing and looked about ten. She used him to ferret news in the schools. You'd be surprised what sort of things float around the primary grades. Behind her the noise of a jet ski approached and a buxom blonde woman, clad in a wet suit strode up to join the little group.

"I must say I didn't think some of you would show." There was a smattering of yeah's and I wasn't going to's, Ginnie held up a hand to silence them.

"I'm going to get straight to the point. Something of great importance has been stolen and I want to know where it is. I need to know what you've heard and if there has been any weapons activity you aren't reporting." Ginnie slid the gun up and down her thigh to draw attention to it. "Because it seems to me that someone who could steal this item would be dealing heavy in the black market, my market. I want to know who and why you haven't..."

The quick retreat of heels behind her told Ginnie all she needed to know, before the men before her could even see her move, a shot was fired and crimson blossomed in the center of the light blue wet suit. Ginnie turned back to the men as the body slumped to the ground.

"Anyone else want to keep their secrets?" Everyone among them shook their heads in a negative.

"Good, you have two days to have reports to me. Skip town and I will personally will hunt you down. The end result will not be pleasant for you, I can assure you."

The men nodded and turned to walk away. One of the junkies stayed behind. He lifted a hand in that weird body language today's youth used.

"Uh, Cobra?" The nickname made Ginnie smile, these fools would never know her reall name, or unless they ran, what she really was. Though she wished he had just gone on, the woman behind her was almost dead, and she needed a little snack.

"What is it?"

He did that funky ducking side-step walk thing that she assumed meant good news. "I think I got information for you. Now, see, I ain't sold no hardware or nuttin, but my boys down on peir twelve be doin some bangin bidness. I been tryin to get up in it, but they on lock-down, see? I can keep pluggin, if ya want."

"Keep pluggin Corey. That would be helpful." She returned the smile that bloomed on his face.

"A'ight, peace, C" He beat on his chest like a monkey, then kissed his v-shaped fingers as he spoke.

"Yeah, peace out." He ran off down the alley to meet up with his friend. 'Peir twelve is defunct. I thought they were tearing it down last month. So much for city planning.'

She pushed away from the crates, holstered her wepon and went to help the woman on her way to her maker. The blood of the almost dead was not as satifying as that of a fear ripened victim, but it took the edge of her hunger.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie pushed the body into the water with her toe. Licking the blood from her lips, she choose an alley that would take her closer to peir 12. Several blocks later she happened upon a group of four boys, well young men, harrasing a girl that looked like she just wanted to get home from her job. 'Oh this is going to be fun.'

"Are these boys bothering, honey?" Sugar coated her words, and the smile on her face did not damp the hunger in her eyes. The girl looked at her with watery brown eyes, and stiffled back a sob. "Well, you just go on home and forget all about tonight." She focused on the girl and changed the memory in her mind, she left the men out and showed her a pleasant chat with a stranger woman, then heading home unmolested, just like every other day. When she looked back up, the four thugs had turned toward her, their only weapons intimidation and fists. 'This isn't even fair.' The girl walked off with a smile.

"How you boys doing tonight?" Her words were amiable as she put her hands on her hips, closer to her guns. She felt her fangs elongate as they approached her. She really only needed one to be sated, but she might take two, she'd have to be careful, two of them were stoned and she didn't need that right now. It was nice to indulge occaisionally, but adrinaline was her drug of choice. The biggest of the four spoke as the others surrounded her, as they had the girl.

"What are you doin out here all alone, sweet thing?" Her smile became a sneer, she hated lines like that. The big one put a finger to her shoulder and rubbed it up and down. 'Big mistake fat guy.' Lightening fast movement had his arm in a wristlock up the middle of his back and her glock to his head. His friends stood stunned for a moment, they couldn't believe this little woman had moved so quickly and incapacitated their leader. They recovered quickly enough and began to approach her.

"Come and get me boys." Her smile showed just the points of her fangs, the sober one, who looked like a walking stick (tall and lanky), was the only one to show recognition. Not that it mattered, she'd have to kill them all, especially if they saw her feed. Ginnie was a street fighter. She'd never had formal training, but want of adrinaline in the blood stream of your victims required fighting, and so she'd adapted. The shortest of them, one that was stoned and she'd dubbed Doppey, charged her. Ginnie shifted her weight onto one foot, bent her knee and sent Doppey flying with a solid kick to the chest. His slightly taller twin, Rims, so named for the pink rims around his eyes, followed suit and charged her. She simply re-positioned her gun and shot him through the chest, as the blood bloomed on his shirt her fangs began to throb with the need to bite.

Stick began to panic as he watched his comrades fall. She was afraid to lose him to the alleys, so she pointed the gun at him, tightening her wrist lock on Fat Guy, elliciting some rather pathetic whimpers from him.

"Kneel, there.'She pointed with the gun. She could smell the fight or flight running through his veins and it made her stomach growl loudly. Stick knelt, his entire body shaking with the effort.

Ginnie kept her eyes and gun on him as she whispered to Fat Guy.
"Try to get away. Come on, fight me." The last two words were a growl. He responded by jerking his body trying to release her hold, it only forced his arm further up his back and he let out a very girly scream. Ginnie could wait no longer, and pulled the man to her chest and bit hard and deep into his throat. Pure, untainted extascy flooded her mouth, it took everything she had to keep gun and eyes on Stick as she drained his friend. When the big man's heart stopped beating and he slumped in her arms, she dropped him to the ground and licked the blood from her lips. Wiping her chin on her coat sleeve she crouched in front of Stick. She smiled a crimson smile at him.

"Do you want to die like him,"She pointed her pistol to Rims with a hole in his chest,"or him?'The gun swung to point at her meal.

"Ah Jesus lady, just kill me." A strong whiff of urine filled her nostrils and she sneered down at Stick. 'He's pissed himself, now he'll be tainted with fear. Thank you, but no.' She wrinkled her nose at him and rose to her feet. She pointed her gun at his trembling body and spoke.

"The Lord save you, should he deem you worthy, Stick." She squeezed gently on the triger and sent Stick to stand in Judgement.
Ginnie 18 years ago
She took the time to clean up her mess, so that the next person down this alley would find only a couple of dark stains. Looking back the way she came and up the way she was going, she made sure she need not kill anyone else at the moment. With a nod she set off at a fast trot, her meal a warm knot in her belly. Ginnie loved the first few minutes after eating, it was like being wrapped in a warm fuzzy blanket, comforting and complete.

When she approached the peir she slowed her trot to a crouching walk, keeping to the shadows. When she heard voices, Ginnie crouched behind a stack of crates to look over their tops. She saw men loading large trunks into a boat. There were too many for her to try and Glamour, or kill and too many trunks for her to move with her mind. She stayed hidden as they put a good three dozen on the boat. They were gun trunks, she knew them. Some of them held her mark and that just flat pissed her off.

She wanted to come out sword drawn, banners flying, but she'd be damned if she got herself wounded right after eating. 'That would suck donkey balls.' Before long the men got into the boat and they sped off, leaving the warehouse lit and open. Ginnie pulled a silencer out of her jacket pocket and screwed it onto the barrel of her modified Glock. Keeping her body pressed to the building and in the shadows she crept to the swinging door. A soft breeze set the dangling light bulb inside swaying, making the shadows move. It was, Ginnie thought, all too cliche-ic for her frame of mine. It would not be her fault if someone else died tonight.

At the door she pressed her back to the wall and held her gun in to her chest, she felt more like a cop than a black market arms dealer and a R&D employee of Duibne Industries. With a deep breath she rounded the corner gun out. She swept both gun and gaze around the room and found it completely empty, not even a piece of garbage on the floor.

She unzipped her jacket and holstered her gun. The air of this place did not have the scent of an un-used stash and grab place. It was clean, well lit and it held the stink of many bodies. She looked around the room scanning for signs of...anything. What she found was the tracks of something large being drug across the floor, twice. It had left deep gouges. 'Shit.'

She found an office complete with empty desk, the stink here was human and of one that held himself above everyone around him. She was liking this less and less.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck." The words were a staccato echo in the big empty place. She pulled her cell phone out of another pocket, brought up Ellis's number, and dialed. She got voicemail after four rings.

"Ellis, this is Ginnie. I have something here you might want to see. Peir twelve, warehouse nine. I'll be here."

She flipped the cell phone closed, and jammed it in her pocket. "Fuck."
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis had gotten Ginnie's message as she drove downtown in the moonlight. She was on her way to see Marthinus in the hospital, but turned towards the docks to meet Ginnie.

Exited the car, she lit a cigarette and walked calmly down to the designated site. Inhaling she found the correct warehouse and walked in. Ginnie was waiting for her. Looking around Ellis noted the appearance of the warehouse.

It was clean.

Flicking her cigarette, she walked along the floors, noting the marks on the ground. The look on Ginnie's face confirmed it.

'Where did they go?'
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie sighed as she tapped a hand to her thigh. This was not what she needed right now. No, what she needed was a whiskey and another meal. 'God damit. If I hadn't stopped to play with those boys, I'd have caught them.' The guilt loomed deep in her belly and stuck there.

"Eight men and several dozen trunks of my fucking guns, left north out of the peir about five minutes before I called you. Beyond that I don't have a clue. But I do know who tipped them off." Ginnie patted her gun. "His ass is going to fry."
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis finished her cigarette and flicked it onto the meticuously clean warehouse floor. 'Right,' she started, wondering why The Beast had been moved, but probably not far. Maybe further up the city. There's no reason to take it out of the city.

With a side glance Ellis said to Ginnie,
'Ok, burn it down,' she pointed around the warehouse. 'Burn it so high they'll see it from their boat, but keep it contained, I dont want it spreading to the other buildings. Then find out where that ship is scheduled to be.'

Annoyed, Ellis walked quietly out of the warehouse.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Great, just fucking great." Ginnie spoke to the empty air. One or more of her agents had turned and she not only had to hunt them down for their information, but most likely kill them as well. She hated killing informants, finding new ones sucked. She gave herself a shake and set off at a full out run to her car, three minutes later she had the beetle parked far enough away so that it wouldn't explode from the heat and set about torching the warehouse.

The explosion sent flames two hundred feet in the air, Ginnie watched with a smile. There would be nothing left of the place. She drove to a pay phone and called 911, then sped off to find out where the boat was heading and the punk that had tipped them off.

((ooc Ginnie out))