Bombs and Pain (private, Ellis)

Ginnie entered the deep bass of the House of Pain, wiping the sweat off her palms, juggling a small portfolio case to do it. She's not a nervous woman, but meeting the bosslady always made her palms sweat. She made her way to the back of the dance floor, forced to push one or two writhing bodies out of her way. Nervous excitement wriggled in her belly. She was so very close to the ultimate weapon. Her Eureka! was right around the corner.

The only clue to a presence in the booth she sought was a curl of blue-white smoke. Ginnie approached the table, and bowed her head in respect for the leader of her Clan.

"Good evening, Ellis." Her Scottish brouge made more prominent by the nervousness in her belly.

Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Flicking her cigarette into the round table center piece, Ellis winked at Ginnie. 'Tis always good to see a sister from home,' she mimicked Ginnie's accent, even though her own had faded considerably.

She waved towards the empty section of the booth and called a Pain waiter over. He was wearing leather S&M straps and tight leather pants.
'Darling, be so kind that my friend here has her thirst quenched?'

The Pain waiter nodded and turned towards Ginnie, waiting for her order. Ellis smiled and stirred her own scotch and water. The wee one showed promise in the research department of Duibne. Ellis always enjoyed hearing Ginnie's new ideas and testing out new equipment. She waited patiently for the vampire to order.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie slid into the booth and set her portfolio on the table. She put her hands in her lap to try and blot the sweat that had popped back up.

"Whiskey, double." The waiter noded his head and walked to the bar to get her drink.

"How are you, Ellis?"

She opened the sliver clasp on the small case and pulled a report folder with the Duibne logo imprinted on the cover. She pushed it across the table toward Ellis. She very nearly shoved it at the vampire and ran. This woman gave her the willies and she was not afraid to admit it. Thachran had given her a home when others had pushed her away. She owed them for that. They had aslo given her a job, one she enjoyed to it's fullest, for that she would be forever in their debt.

"Reports on my acquisitions at the gun show."
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis glanced down at it and nodded. 'Did you spend too much money?' She cracked a smile and continued. 'I trust your judgement, Ginnie.' Ellis reached down and touched the paper with her manicured fingers, moving it in circles as the Pain waiter brought drinks.

'I am actually in a bit of a pickle, but we dont need to go into that. How goes Duibne? Any new gagets, trinkets, semi-automatic hammers?' She grinned. Getting to the point always worked with Ellis. Ginnie's aquisition reports did not concern her. Money never did since she had so much of it. What intriqued her was Ginnie's interesting inventions and gun modifications. Although now she would be more interested in what Ginnie is hearing out in the field.

Ellis smiled and tapped the paper once with her blood red nail.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie took a fortifying sip of whiskey. Straight to the point, count on Ellis for that. She's going to be more interested in the low blood loss weapons. She reached into the portfolio and pulled out the little pen bomb. She held it out to Ellis.

"That there can deploy nerve gas, emmit a tazer shock high enough to lay a two hundred and fifty pound man out flat, and will also serve as a target incindiary device. Meaning it has a small radius and will only damage things in a defined area."

She grinned, she still happened to be in love with that little device, it was very James Bond and Q if she did say so herself.
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis took the pen and held it lightly. 'Oh that's naughty, I like this. Question. You say two hundred and fifty pound man, will this be sufficient enough to take down a newer?' Ellis asked, referring to the younger vampires. 'And weren't you dabbling with that modified .38 I got to use the other day, or did you manage to modify another caliber?'

Mercs were not only trained to kill but to kill with minimal blood loss since that is their main objective, to harvest the blood. She love getting these new toys.
Ginnie 18 years ago
She sipped her drink "It hasn't been tested on a newer yet, but I have it set to be produced to give to two of our best for testing, if the shock doesn't lay them out, the nerve gas will." She reached in and pulled another report folder out and passed it to Ellis.

"That details the .38. I'm close, Ellis." She held up her hand her thumb and forefinger a half-inch apart. "This fucking close. The gun is finished, I know it will do what it's designed for, it's the bullets I can't get to work. I may need to go to a bigger caliber. The .38's not taking a computer chip well." She was getting into the description, she sat forward in her seat, gesturing with her hands.

"I really like the look of the pistol, but if the bullets don't work I'll just have to suck it up and go with a different gun." She took a drink, wiping her palm on her jeans.

"See what I want to do is program the bullet to emit a small electric pulse that will seal the wound it makes, any wound. The result will be a dazed newer with almost zero internal or external blood loss, and I'm this fucking close." She held up her hand and fingers again.
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis smiled wide, 'Very good, Ginnie. That is very good. I'll be anxiously waiting that prototype.'

She paused, looking at Ginnie. Ellis considered the recent events of Marthinus being hospitalized and the theft. She knew Ginnie's resources were wide and varied, possibly she could be of help outside the laboratory.

'Ginnie, darling.' She tapped the daily report again. 'There has been...an incident. The Beast was taken.' She said plainly. 'I need your help on the outside of Duibne. To possible dig up some dirt on who we know has taken it.' Ellis again picked up the pen weapon and uncapped it, writing down a name.

'Find out what you can about this person.'

Ellis wrote the name, Terrance Hillman.

'He has apparently gathered enough resources to piss me off and bring attention to himself. Find out what you can and let me know.' Ellis smiled and capped the pen again. Giggling at the little piece of warfare in her hand. 'I really do love this, can I get it in red?'
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie nearly choked on her whiskey when Ellis said The Beast had been stolen. How the hell could anyone get that thing out of there?

"Stolen? As in gone. Wow."

She took the slip of paper from Ellis and read it. Her eyes narrowed. She'd never heard the name, which is odd as she had a large network of eyes and ears, anyone wanting to steal The Beast should have gotten back to her. Which could only mean she had double agents or dead ones.

"I'll do what I can. I have a feeling there are alot of dead people or there will be."

She slipped the paper in her case, and grinned at Ellis. "Do you want to bring that one by my lab to put in a red cartridge or shall I take it now?"
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis pocketed the pen. 'It'll do for now, but I'll stop by later for that red case.' Standing, she picked up her drink and finished it in one gulp.

'Call me as soon as you find out something, dear. I'd be very interested to know what our friend Hillman has been doing.' With a wink she waved.

(( Ellis out, but waiting for a response))
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Sure thing, Ellis." Ginnie sipped her whiskey, and returned the wave.

"You'll be the first I call."

She had alot of phone calls to make and she needed to hunt. When she finished her drink, some very disreputable men were going to be seeing a side of her they'd never belived could exist.

((Ginnie out, lock up please.))