Connie Stone (Vamp, Tacharan)

Basic Information
Birth Name: Emma Constance Mathilda Stone
Aliases: Em, Emma, Con, Connie, Tilly, Matty
Place of Birth: Havana, Cuba
Male/Female: Female
Current Occupation: Night school teacher, side bookkeeper
Past Occupation: (If different from above) Swordswoman, sailor, groundskeeper, maid, schoolteacher, freedom fighter, accountant, store owner, actress

Appearance
Hair Color: Dyed black. Naturally honey blonde.
Length and Style: Short cropped bob.
Eye Color: Grey
Skin Color: Tanned; caucasian.
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 54 kilos
Nationality: American
Race: Vampire
Body Type: Tall, athletic, with curves

Description (if an NPC) or name of your creator(if a PC): Captain Percival Keith

Personal Questions
1. Describe your character's personality

Connie generally has a cheerful, optimistic outlook on life. She does have moments of cynicism and realism, but likes to look at the bright side of things. She can be painfully shy around new people, but warms up quickly. When explaining things to other immortals, she tends to go off in nostalgic tangents. However, she's quite good at keeping her sense of here-and-now at the forefront when teaching or around "ignorant" mortals. She hates her own singing voice, though to others it's quite lovely, and she could be considered a mezzo-soprano.

2. Describe how your character would appear to a stranger (I.E. typical dress, way they carry themselves etc.)

Connie (as she prefers to be called) typically keeps her (currently black-dyed) hair trimmed in a short, chin-length bob. She has both ears pierced - once in the lobes, and once in the upper cartilage - as well as a curved bar through her belly button. Her grey eyes are bright, and occasionally shift to a shocking blue when she's emotional. She wears business-casual outfits to work, but on off-days or weekends can be found in weather-appropriate attire. She particularly enjoys jeans and t-shirts during fall or early spring, shorts or shorter skirts in the summer, and sweatclothes or jeans in the winter.
An extremely faint scar travels a line from the bridge of her nose along her right cheek to her ear (one of the only visible remnants of her experiences in battle.) Brightly smiling and generally apt to be cheerful, her teeth are perfectly aligned and pure white. Her full lips carry a tiny scar at her cupid's bow (that little divet in her lip) where a sword once met her face.
Her breasts are full, but a bit smaller than she'd like. Contrary-wise, her bottom is bigger than she likes, mostly because of her string of desk jobs over the last fifty years.
Her voice is a bit on the high side, with a lilt in certain words that can't quite be placed. (The lilt is actually a combination of Southern and Old English accents that she's been unable to train out.)
Quite often she can be seen with the black bag of a camera slipped over her shoulder.

3.What does your character like (And dislike)?

"Well, y'see, I like numbers. And flowers. Especially sunflowers. Did y'ever have sunflower seeds? Salt-gasm. Yupyupyup! I like salt. Sugar not so much. I like my men tall and strong, or short and strong, but not wide and wimpy. I like cars - but economical and not sporty. I'd sooner buy a hybrid than a Ferrari. And I can, too! Buy a Ferrari, that is, but I ain't sayin' how, and it's nonya anyway. Nonya? Oh, sorry. None of your damned business. Love my little bug, though. I like working with computers, but I'll be damned if I can fix em. Got me a neighbor who does that. I also like people and places. Did a lot of travelling over the years. Lot of studying, too. That's about all we have time to do, you know? The sex got old after a while, especially when the little pearlies get ta pokin', if you know what I mean. Haven't had a good fling since Eisenhower were the Big Man. His secretary was awfully good in bed, let me tell you... *ahem* Know what I do really dislike? People who take advantage of others. No, no, not like we do, I mean, if we didn't, we wouldn't be wakin' up the next night, now would we? No no. I mean, fer instance, like this one girl I teach in night school, she works days and weekends, goes to school at night, and goes home to her live-in beau who ain't got a job and plays video games all day. Assholes like that I'd just like to take out to dinner, if ya know what I mean. I also like romance. You know, the whole wining, dining, flowers candles and fireplace deal? Though, you know how hard it is to find with the schedules we have to keep? I like swimming, too, and jogging, but don't get to do them as often as I want. I like music, but I hate singing. Won't even sing in church... well, not that I go much anymore. Oh, and them foreigners? I accept the American Dream, hell I've lived it for two hunnert fifty some years. But I'll be damned if I accept them fuckers speaking their foreignese in our country."

4. Dislike? (see above)
5. (n/a)
6. What are your fears?

Like all vampires, Connie hates fire. She also hates rope (which is probably why she has velcro on her sneakers) and most things that tie. For a long time she had an extreme aversion to the ocean but overcame it when she saved the life of a couple drowning near St. Petersburg.

7. What is your character's strengths and weaknesses?

Loyal, patriotic, caring for her close friends (of which she doesn't currently have any, especially since she just moved to Nachton). She does have a streak of procrastination, rather a mile-wide habit of it. (It happens when you live forever.) Can physically defend herself, but prefers not to get into shouting matches with disgruntled people.

Hobbies & Skills

"Wow, hobbies. Shew. Let's think. I used to do needlepoint, and was an assistant to Betsy Ross for a while. Remember her? Nice lass, but never was one for the bedroom. Took up numbers after that, did a lot of counting and such, doing casualty tallies and ammo disbursements in the War of 1812... Started studying accounting after that. Fun stuff, though the laws'll bore even an immortal to death. Hmm... I like boats again, after hating them for a very long time, well them and the ocean. I tried pottery way back when, but lost interest... I actually miss it, my supplier was -so- good with his hands... molding pottery and my body... Mmm mm mm.... Oh, right, sorry. Did some acting back in the twenties... Was a fair hand at it, but I hate singing. Never could dance. Don't have the right rhythm. Play poker every weekend with some neighbors... Try not to bankrupt them too bad, but I help them out from time to time around the house or with dinner. Pretty fair cook, if I do say so myself. Oh, I like taking pictures. Lots. And. Lots. of pictures. You should see the wall and closet in my spare bedroom."

Abilities

Agility
Dreamwalking (Deja vu. She is able to project herself into the dreamer's mind and insinuate her likeness into the events of the dream. The dreamer does not specifically remember faces or names, but should they encounter Connie in person, the dreamer is struck immediately with a strong sense of Deja Vu, as if they'd met before.)
Telekinesis

Flaws

"I can't dance worth shit. No, seriously. I was at a ball after the Civil War and nearly broke my partner's leg... after stepping on a neighbor's foot, tripping her into her partner, who then knocked over a bust of Lincoln, which fell on a table, breaking the supports, and it fell into my partner's leg, trapping him... Yeah, that was a fun night. And I hate fire... But I love candles. Doesn't make much sense, does it? But I got me one of those electronic candle melter dohickies. Oh and a fake fireplace. Great stuff technology."

Cosmetic Traits(These must be minor, see the rules)
Quirks and Habits worthy of mention

Outside of the occasional dipping into the past when in the presence of other immortals, and the unwavering ability to do things at the last minute, Connie has a habit of carrying a camera everywhere, taking pictures of some of the strangest things. (Luckily, she's gotten into digital recently, saving a -lot- of money on film development.)
Prefers wallets to purses, but occasionally wears a "fanny pack" or "belt bag." (She actually does own a purse for dating.)

Personal History (Please be detailed, this creates your basis for your character)

Emma Constance Mathilda was born in the early morning of July 12th, 1754, to John Daniel Stone and his wife Mathilda. The fifth of what would become seven children, she was named after John Daniel's mother (Constance) and her own mother (Mathilda.) She was given the name "Emma" because she was the fifth child born.
She was raised in Havana, her parents being the caretakers of an English plantation. Her early life was relatively quiet, day in and day out chores. She was an active, agile child, able to climb (small) trees before she was five, walking narrow stone fences or roofpoints on a regular basis.
On the day of her eighteenth birthday it was announced she was to be married to one of the noble's sons. She was ecstatic, much unlike her two older sisters.
Six months passed, and the wedding date was announced for six months later, for Spring 1773. During the ceremony, the city was attacked by pirates. Most of the men in attendance went to defend the town while, unseen, a boat of mercernaries beached near the wedding and kidnapped most of the women. (Connie's mother, the nobleman's wife and sister were killed; Connie's two older sisters were left behind.)

Percival Keith was a privateer (pirate) in the late 1700s. He kidnapped her - and the noble's only daughter, Emily - for ransom. During her captivity over the next two full years, she learned of the sailing trade, and became a fair hand with a sword (receiving the scar on her lip from a particularly unruly teacher). Emily died to scarlet fever in October, 1774, leaving Connie alone with the pirate. She became his consort. Upon learning of his secrets (including locations of treasure and stores, land deals, kidnappings, and the like), she discovered that her own two sisters had arranged for the kidnap of the girls (apparently trying to cement their weddings to the noble's sons). He turned her when she tried to escape (after keel-hauling her and beating her within an inch of her life). He taught her what little he knew about vampires, and some of the different powers he'd been endowed with at the time of his "turning", then took her as his "wife" until his death in early 1776. She hadn't realized until she was turned that Keith was a vampire; rather, she thought he just didn't like sunlight and that the crew was extremely susceptible to scurvy. She has since come to realize her naivete, and doesn't really speak of that minor slip in observation.

Connie's first order of business was to wreak revenge upon her traitorous sisters. The ship sailed into port under common merchant colors (a tactic they had used previously to storm countless cities, with excellent results). She availed herself of the hospitality and generosity (and freely flowing hot, life-giving blood) of her previous family. Eerie coincidences abounded as she confronted each of her family members to discern the depths of their betrayal: both of the sisters involved basically confessed outright. She slew those sisters, their families, husbands, and children, but left the "unknowing" siblings alone.

She handed the captaincy of the ship to the first mate (and didn't really care what happened to it after that) but demanded they sail her to the New World colonies. She wanted to get as far away from boats as possible. As she left, she took all her notes of her time on the ship, including the information about where the Captain's treasure had been hidden and his personal belongings. It was from a journal stashed in these belongings that the backings of Keith's expeditions were revealed: Duibne Industries.

She became acclimated to her new situation and revelled in the abilities she now seemed to possess. She discovered quite accidentally she could move things with her mind when she was accosted by bandits on the road from Richmond to Philadelphia. She simply wished she had a sword to protect herself, and the leader's flew from his belt, and landed in her hand. It was in hunting this man she also realized that she should force herself not to kill her prey, and just take what she needed to survive.
She remembered how, when "visiting her family" in Cuba that she'd dreamt of her sisters. When they'd met the day of her entering port, the elder had said she knew that Connie would be returning. Eventually, after leaving that environ she determined that she was able to project herself into someone's dreams, and give herself an "in" or, if need be, an "out," just by helping the person think that they "remembered" her. One person described it as having dreamt of her, and had a strange sense of deja vu...
She'd always been an agile person, and somehow her balance was magnified afterwards, allowing her to ride a horse, standing tall, or run along the edge of a fence.

She fought briefly in the Revolutionary War, where she learned of the extensive regenerative properties vampires possess. (She'd tried to feed on what she thought was a nearly-dead soldier, but he still had enough strength in him to drive his sword into her mouth.)

She became a maid of a businessman in New York and worked there for a fair time before moving to Boston, then back to Philadelphia. After doing paperwork, counting dead and ammo for the American Army in the War of 1812, she joined an expedition of folks riding west, trailblazing, and became a school teacher. She parlayed some of her treasure (which she carried as jewelry in most cases) into land purchases, hiring people to care for the land.

She lived on the Great Plains for some time, in relative seclusion before feeling the urge to return to civlization. She started in the south, moving from the Louisiana Purchase to Florida, back up through Georgia and Virginia. She reached the NorthEast again shortly before the Civil War.

Afterwards, she discovered she really couldn't dance (see above) and retired from dancing of any sort.
She became an actress in the theatre houses of the early ninteen twenties, but was let go when she refused to sing or dance for the new "musicals" being produced.

The nineteen fifties allowed Connie a rebirth of sorts when she lodged in Washington, D.C. with an accountancy student. She used him for sex and meals, as well as probed his mind on a regular basis, studying and doing the homework with him. It was during her "school years" she met the President during a tour of the White House (and ended up with the contact information of his secretary.)
Later in the fifties, she moved back west where she ran a motel off Route 66 for some years. A spare key to the rooms allowed her a veritable buffet each night.

The sixties brought her some heartache, what with the death of JFK. "He was such a lovely man." She sold her motel and moved to Florida for a short time, watching the launches of the Apollo and Gemini missions. Late one night hunting, she discovered two mortals swimming off the beach during the onset of a hurricane. She saved both despite her aversion to water. (Of course, she did allow herself a brief meal before contacting rescue personnel.)

The seventies were more fun; she bought her first real car, a '63 Volkswagen Beetle, but realized she enjoyed one of the newest inventions - air conditioning. After a few years in Florida, she dumped the Bug (which unfortunately did not have air conditioning), and moved again, this time deeper south, to Texas. For a time she owned a dry-goods store, specializing in hand-me-down clothes and furniture. She invested some of her remaining treasure as cash into the newly booming stock market.

The eighties and nineties were mostly quiet for Connie. She made a few hits and misses with her investments, but scored decently with some ancient land purchases in Texas, Arizona, and California.

She felt her welcome in Texas wore out when she was run over by a shipping truck, and stood back up almost immediately to yell at the driver. (This of course scared him to death.)
She bought a small, two door, blue Saturn and moved back east. She stopped in the city of Nachton for a bit of respite when she found the corporate offices of Duibne Industries, and learned they had an opening for an accountant.

Odd Questions(To help define your character)
1. A stranger at a bar offers your character a drink, what is a typical response?

"A beer? Nothing stronger?"

2. Your character finds a lost child alone on the streets. What do they do?

Sip gently of their youthful blood, then drop them off at the nearest church or police station.

3. A barfight erupts in the nightclub your character is in, what do they do?

Stand and watch, picking up her drink if it's threatened.

4.What animal does your character most identify with?

Perhaps Ferret. Flexible, loyal, clever, cute until she bites :-}

OOC Info:

Player name (online is fine) Rachyl
Other Characters you play: Rachyl
How you came to SA (Other board, friend, etc)

Aron Swiftwood 18 years ago
Psst! Suggestion is an Evenhet only power, so I think you'd have to change clan or power....
Connie 18 years ago
Describe the perfect room: Empty. Well, four walls, a floor, a ceiling, because there's so much hidden potential, I could do anything I wanted with it. Even leave it that way. Maybe a beanbag so I can be comfortable as I inspect every corner to see what I want to do with it.

What is important?Status,monetary gain or self satisfaction? Lately? Friends. I have money. I know how to take care of myself. And yet, living with myself for over two hundred fifty years has been mostly boring, except for a few brief sparks...

What is the perfect time of day? Weather? The time I'm awake. Sleeping is something I'll end up spending one third of eternity doing, and new experiences only come during awakedness.

What era in history most intrigues you? What would you be doing if you were there? While I was "a part of history" following 1775 and could have become a figurehead (it was more fun being behind the scenes) I didn't experience much of first-world history. I think the future would also be fun, but as that is not the thrust of the question... I'd have to say mid-1400s or so, probably around when Columbus first started to make inquiries about exploring "The New World."

What kind of animal would you be? Dolphins have always intrigued me, since my time aboard ship. In my time on the Great Plains I was able to interact with deer, raccoons, plains cats... There are so many that I have respect for. It might be enjoyable to be a ferret; the sinuous way they move, their fierce loyalty...

Describe the perfect mate Check. Mate. While I do have a few ideal thoughts of qualities I hope my chosen significant other would have, I'm open to differences and new things. Kindness, friendliness, loyalty, patience, making me laugh are all plusses. ... Is this Match.com or my journal? Hm.

What is more important? honor or success at all costs? Honor. While the success might be sweet, knowing that I may have stepped on or crushed people to get to the goal is not something I would relish.

If you had to live forever what purpose would keep you going through the long ages? Knowledge... travel... new experiences...

What is you most vivid memory from childhood, dream or daydream? I don't recall dreaming much when I was younger. I know I slept, obviously, usually immediately after dinner and prayer, til just before sunrise to do the chores. But any dreams... have been lost to the mists of time.

What is the perfect musical form? I've always liked the sound of the trumpet or bugle in the morning, or a sax in a smoke-filled bar.

If you were to go on an expedition what three items would you pack first? My cell phone, my sunglasses, and...

Would you rather be physically beautiful or unique? I know I'm unique, I know I'm beautiful. I know people who aren't so beautiful (Sorry, Mrs. Penven, you're really not, but you're an amazing woman) but are still very unique, with their own experiences and points of view.

What part of your body best represents you as a person? My eyes maybe? Expressive, observant...

What is your most recurring dream? Watching a sunrise, next to the person I love...

What is the perfect vehicle? color? options? Something economical, CD player, moon/sun roof, nice sized trunk.

Describe the perfect meal You mean outside of hot, flowing... soup? *evil grin*

What is your favorite color? I like blue.

How far could you be pushed before becoming violent? Depends. If someone were to hurt the person I love, the button would barely need to be pushed.

Describe the creation of the universe in detail Why? It's here, I'm here, and there's a slim possibility I'll see the end.

What is the purpose of war?

Describe the perfect weapon Words. Cutting, direct.

In your last 24 hours of life, what would you like to accomplish? World peace. Honestly? I live each day as if it is my last.

What is your preferred way of attacking an enemy? Full frontal assault or by sneaking in through the back door? Full frontal.

What Gods could you be descended from? If I had to guess? Aphrodite and Hades maybe. Vampirism can be a curse.

Describe your appearance, Hair, eye color and any distinctive features I'm five foot eight, weigh about a hundred thirty pounds. I'm tall, toned, have decent sized breasts that I'm comfortable with and an ass that's nice to sit on and nice to have someone grab onto when hugging me. My smoky grey eyes hide under somewhat long black bangs, but the curtains don't match the carpet. In fact, you could say I have a bare floor. I kind of miss my natural blonde, but if I re-dye I might go red. My skin is flawless except for a couple scars here and there, and it's still as tanned as it was two hundred years ago. No lines!

Is it more satisfying to achieve success or to strive towards it? Strive. It is the journey that makes us who we are, not what we become at the end.

What emotions are appropriate to display in public? Any, though I personally enjoy happiness and comfort.

Who do you idolize out of famous figures in history? While a lot of women who had major roles in history (Susan B. Anthony, Betsy Ross, etc.) were amazingly strong women, they allowed themselves to be limited by the laws of a man's world. I think that the most famous woman (outside of my neighbor) who made the biggest difference was Rosa Parks.

What is the worst crime a person can perform? I detest rapists.

What traits in other can you simply not tolerate? Ignorance. I'd be inclined to say "prejudice" but I harber a few of my own.

What quality in yourself do you respect the most? Tolerance, except for the reasons listed under "prejudice."

Who gains your greatest loyalty? Yourself, family,friend, mate, country or deity? Family and friends... Without them I wouldn't be who I am, where I am.

Describe the perfect trap The one that you're least expecting.

What is sin? Sin is having choices, and choosing the wrong one.

If the phone rang in the middle of the night who would you hope it to be? Her.

What do animals think of you? I haven't had a good experience with animals lately, though horses seem to tolerate me.

Describe any phobias you have Fire, dancing. Rope. I hate rope. And things that tie. Some things I can deal with, like ribbons or the occasional fancy bra, but for the most part. nuh uh.

What languages do you speak? English, American English, Poor English... I used to know the Cuban dialect of Spanish but have forgotten it from pure misuse.

What single thing do you find to be the most irresistible motivation? Right now? Love.