New toys

Ginnie touches her hand to the little lock gizmo and walks in the front door. 'I'm glad to be home, but it's always so bloomin' quiet in here.' Her bright, lilting voice echos as she calls out.

"I'm home! And if anyone wants to see the lovely new toys I've brought with me, I'll be sitting right here enjoying a bit of Irish whiskey."

She tossed her chestnut hair behind her shoulders with a shrug and pulled a flask from a backpack before flopping into a chair. 'They'll get curious and come, someone almost always does.' Ginnie took a long drag from the flask and sat back to wait.

((Open to anyone who wants to say hello))

Nova 18 years ago
"Toys and Whisky in the same breath? Somebody say my name?"

Nova leaned on the doorframe, grinning broadly. It was hard not to like someone who enjoyed blowing shit up, and she happened to have a great deal in common with her fellow Dubine Industries coworker.

Ginny! How the hell are you? I just got back in town, it sure is great to see you.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Nova!"

Ginnie capped her flask and jumped from the chair, her Doc Martins making a thud on the floor. She crossed the room and gathered the woman in a bone crushing hug. 'Just the person for the mood I'm in'

"You're a sight for sore eyes! I'm about one hundred percent recharged. How's your thing going? Still playing lab rat?"
Nova 18 years ago
Nova returned the hug just as fiercely. At her friend's comments, she shook her head, but the grin stayed.

"I'm that transparent, eh? You still got all your fingers? No burn marks I see."

She chuckled, happy to see Ginny after all this time. She also was discreet enough to not answer the question about her own experiements too directly; though they could certainly talk about their work to an extent, they both knew the lines.

"Glad to hear your trip did you good. We should compare notes, or at least toys; I brought home a real nice one you might dig."
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie laughed, a big giant belly laugh. She certainly didn't have any doubt Nova was not telling her everything, just as she knew she wouldn't go past "the line." Though Nova was her favorite person to shoot the shit with and she had missed her.

"I've got a couple of doosies in my packs. I might even be able to convince you to carry one of my proto-types with this new round. Come on, we can go to my place. That way I can kick off my boots and you can see my new junk."

She picked up the four backpacks and a large, rectangular, hard-shelled case, and grinned at her friend.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova laughed in response.

Like I take much convincing! You know, anything I can do to help and all, though whether its in the name of science or the name of fun, I don't know.

She walked beside the taller woman, now overloaded with bags and luggage, grinning.

Can I give you a hand with the junk?

Nova could have rubbed her hands together with glee, if she were apt to make such gestures, which she wasn't. Instead, her smile only broadened, flashing white teeth. Ginnie did great work and there was a real respect behind Nova's banter, but it was hard not to think of thrills when one looked at the Scot's line of work.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Be my guest." Ginnie handed her the hard-shelled case and pushed her hand to the elevator pad. When the door whooshed open she stepped inside and held the door for Nova.

"Careful with that, one of those has an electric current that will go right through that case." 'Not really the saftey's on and I'm not sure that the thing really evern works.' She winked at Nova.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova hefted the case in her hand, testing its weight, then took in Ginnie's warning.

Excellent.

She stepped into the elevator, bouncing on the balls of her feet in anticipation of checking out Ginnie's latest masterpieces; channeling the raw power of pure physics was a fascinating prospect.

Thoughts of power, though, made her think of The Beast Marthinus had just informed her was complete. Nova was of the school of thought that it was best to concern yourself with doing your own job to the best of your ability, but she wondered now if Ginnie had similar...qualms...in her line of work. She didn't fully know what Ginnie's "toys"Â? were used for, and she found now that she had no real desire to know more than she did.

She had her own responsibilities.

She also knew better than to ask too much, though, simply for reasons of security, and instead spoke on more inconsequential topics.

I got myself a new car if you wanna check that out later. Well, new to me anyway. She's a real beauty, just needs a bit more work. Raced her recently and she won, though it was a close call and against a freakin' luxury car no less, so I wanna get her performance up a notch or five.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"I would love to see her. If you need some help under the hood, just ask. You know me, I like to get my hands dirty."

The door dinged open, and they stepped into the dimly lit hallway. Her place was three from the elevator. She pressed her hand to the little lock thingamagigger here and let them in. The lights came up on their own and the intercome welcomed her home, then informed her the refridgerator was currently empty.

"Thanks, Jeeves." Ginnie chuckled as she slung all of her bags on to the floor behind the couch and took the case from Nova setting it on the table. She knew she could show her new guns to Nova, but she also know not to tell her why she made such lethal weapons. She wasn't sure if Nova knew about the harvesting, or if she knew the mercs used exclusively Duibne made weapons. So she would show off her toys, but not explain their real use.

"Here take a look." She opened the case and pulled out what looked like a plastic toy ray gun.
Nova 18 years ago
Hell, I could honestly use the help. Been like pulling teeth trying to learn this shit on my own, I'm a biochemist for chrissakes, but it's a hobby.

Nova grinned and picked up the gun, conscientiously pointing it down and away from her friend and keeping her finger well away from the trigger. Though it looked deceptively flimsy, like a kid's toy, the weight and feel of the weapon was sturdy.

She chuckled.

Alright, how's it work? And don't tell me you pull the little trigger and get a big surprise, you know what I mean. -Why's- it work, I guess, is the question.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"That one doesn't actually work yet. The designer couldn't get a working proto-type, so I bought the plans and his models, lock stock and barrel. It's orriginal design is that a small electronic pulse will fire the bullet, at a velocity that will sever bone at 100 yards. Though it's impact will be messy and if it exits that will be messy too. I'm hoping I can modify it so that impact will be clean and exit non-existant."

Ginnie grined. This was getting closer and closer to the bullet cauterizing the wound as it enters, to completely prevent blood loss. The secret was somewhere and she would find it.
Nova 18 years ago
Ah, investing in potential, makes sense. Can learn a lot reverse engineering and if anyone can make the idea happen it's you.

Freakin' grisly right now though, but I guess that's the idea.

She took another curious look at the device and returned it to its proper place.

What else you got?

Nova couldn't help but find the wide array of ideas interesting, but she personally preferred hearing about what she privately called "Ginnie originals"Â? over other people's creations, no matter how good in concept. Not that Ginnie was the only fine mind at Dubine, but she had a signature, a unique style that came from truly enjoying what she did.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie pulled out a small pen sized tube, and put in gently in Nova's hand. This one so far was her favorite, just for mayhem potiential. 'This one could take military warfare to a new gizzly level."

"That is a stun gun, a nerve gas deployer, and an incindiary device all rolled into one. Or it will be once I perfect it."

She had big plans for this one, she was going to merge it with one of her own designs and see if it had the effective power of stopping a vampire in it's tracks, but that was much further in the future.

((ooc she likes me! Weee!))
Nova 18 years ago
Nova's eyes widened, impressed. She turned the 'pen' over in her hands, looking to see how it deployed. She assumed twisting it open was one way, but knowing her fellow Tacharan there were probably multiple options.

Whoa. That's freakin' crazy.

Her tone was a mix of awe and pride, and she grinned at Ginnie.

Alright, so it was probably a little wrong to get excited over something that could result in quite a bit of damage. Damn brilliant design though.

She handed the pen back and looked absently down at her phone. The digital clock display happened to catch her eye, and she cursed.

Hell, I'm gonna be late! I'm supposed to meet Marthinus for dinner tonight, we, ah...have some stuff to go over.

She gave a little shrug.

We should get together soon though, catch up more.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie smiled and took the pen bomb from Nova and put it back in it's spot, then she closed the case.

'Meeting Ol' Marty (not that I would never in a million years call him that to his face, he might very well kill me with his bare hands), it must be about her project, not that I know anthing about that, no really.'

"Sure thing, honey. I'll treat you to dinner sometime soon, I know a great place where sailors hang out."

She winked at Nova and walked her to the door.