Who do they remind you of?

Veri and I were discussing whether or not Thaddeus was like Bean from Orson Scott Card's books which got me to thinking of who other characters might remind me of. I'm sure I'll think of more later but these are the ones that came to mind based on the people I've played with.

Talon - Snake Pliskin, and various other action heros with a good heart and rough exterior
Morrigan- Nina from Point of No Return. She was the first person I thought of that started out as someone violent with a lot of fire and eventually becomes this cool headed person full of poise but still deadly.
Amberelle - Jamisia, from This Alien Shore (Except without the extra voices) Basically she is a good person in a tough situation and people underestimate her constantly but she continues to prove them wrong.
Ellis- Morgan Le Faye in that she is a woman working for what she believes is hers at all costs.
Sorin- Gerald Tarrant, ColdFire series, only in that he has manners that cover the ability to be evil. Gerald was far more cunning than Sorin and more thorough
Simon- His sadness kind of reminds me of Louis from the Anne Rice novels. Regretting but at the same time not likely to change either.
Thaddeus- Bean from Ender's Game and Ender's shadow. Wesley from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Angel, though I didn't see very many with him in it. So I don't know how accurate that might be later but he always seemed like a good guy, just his manners seemed to put everyone off.

Amberelle DeEspionne 18 years ago
Got to say I think you nailed a few! I don't recognize all of your references, but Talon is spot on I think. Same for Ellis. Louis for Simon is another excellent one to me, that sadness permeates them.

Thad as Wesley is an excellent example even if you weren't sure. Wes was the kind hearted, intelligent, well mannered one who started out a bit physically incapable but grew to become able to take care of himself. And he did have a cold side when needed. I see Thad capable of that also, if required for his clan (or his revenge).

Your description of Amby is really very accurate too!
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Kyle Evans - Fox Mulder with an alcohol problem instead of an oral fixation with sunflower seeds.

Carol - Secretary in Gross Pointe Blank

Simon reminds me of Louis, only not as whiny.

I read Ender's Game but not the book that was from Bean's point of view. But Bean seemed too rough around the edges to be like Thadd. Card didnt really touch too much on Bean in the first book.

Marthinus - Kobiashi in 'The Usual Suspects'. The actor in his sig is the same as well, but taken from Alien3.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Ok, so what about other people's characters? That's the cool part, seeing whether you'd agree.

Glad you agree, Amberelle. A few took me a while.
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Other than Talon and Snake Pliskin, I dont know the other characters you were comparing them to, Mai =/

Although Talon reminds me more of Sabertooth.
Amberelle DeEspionne 18 years ago
yeah it was a couple years ago but I do believe AOA Sabertooth was the inspiration for Talon. I've never really thought too hard on who was the inspiration for my different chars, unless they were derived from a specific person. But, I think to me Amberelle is a lot like Buffy as far as her dual personality of shop-a-holic giggly girl and ass whooping calm. But there's a lot more darkness and pain inside of Amby.

While I eat I'm mulling everyone else over. I'll get back to ya!
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Renee reminds me of the main character in the Alphabet Murder series. God I'm going to have to look that up now. =x
Eve 18 years ago
Yeah thanks to miss Ellis I now have the first three of that series on order. She'd mentioned them before when we were talking about Anita Blake. Looks like I'll see what she's going on about next week
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Chryseis Angelique 18 years ago
/swoons over gerald tarrant

i swear he is the best badgoodbad guy ever

i will have to think about this. i havent really compaired anyone before. its interesting
Nova 18 years ago
Jan makes me think of Ansset from a book called Songmaster by (shock of all shocks) Orson Scott Card. A boy of astonishing beauty and talent and quite a large amount of unfortunate circumstance.

The things Simon says and thinks, just his manner, remind me a great deal of Mal from Firefly.

Thaddeus's resemblance to Bean is honestly entirely coincidental; one of those times when a concept is so deep in your brain you don't even question it, I suppose. It didn't hit me until I was trying to place a quote *laughs*.

I feel so far removed from popular culture it isn't even funny btw . Going to have to kick this around some more :X.