Grey Goose Martini, stirred

Meegan was feeling tired, sore, and just a little sorry for herself, when the limo she'd called pulled up infront of the hotel. She like the bar in this hotel, it was a dark quiet place that made her feel she could drown her sorrows with out the lecherous stares of some of the more prominent clubs and bars on the Strip. And tonight she was in need of dark comfort.

She tried to talk herself out of her mood, as the driver opened her door and she set her brown leather straped heels on the ground. 'It's not like you really have a good reason to be in such a blue funk. You have a great assistant that has taken to her job like a fish to water. Two new friends to replace the ones you've lost, and a grand victory over that jackass in Georgia. You should be here to celebrate, but instead you are here to mope.'

Meegan sighed, as the heat that still lingered in the late evening air, hit her in the face. She stood fully and smoothed the silky cream fabric of her dress. She had liked this particular dress, when she'd seen it at the Versace show and had purchased it. This was the first time she'd worn it and it's soft swaying skirt seemed to fit her mood perfectly.

She thanked her driver and told him she would call when she was ready to leave, and to have a nice evening. The man at the door opened it and bowed her inside with a smile and an enthusiastic "Welcome to the Grand Piazza." She did her best to smile at him and made her way into the bar, and took up a seat at the dark mahogany rail and ordered a Grey Goose Martini, stirred.

((ooc anyone is welcome to join the sad little Meegan.))

Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl realized she didn't want to go home yet, as she stepped off the bus.

She dialed Veronica's number, but got her voicemail, so dialed Meegan.

"Hey you, what're you up to? I'm not quite ready to go home yet, you wanna do a mid-week girls' night out?"
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan sighed as she took the ringing Blackberry from her purse. It was Rachyl. She knew somewhere in her mind that, the sight of that number should make her happy, but it just made her even more depressed. She didn't have any desire to be in anyone familiar's company.

"Hey you, what're you up to? I'm not quite ready to go home yet, you wanna do a mid-week girls' night out?"

Meegan smiled at the cheeriness in Rachyl's voice, but couldn't make herself feel it.She knew right then she would have to lie to her new friend, or suffer a session of cheering up.

"I'm home, listening to music and drowning myself in some really expensive wine. Maybe some other night, huh?"
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl couldn't shake the feeling that Meegan wasn't being entirely truthful - as well as the impression that Meegan was basically saying, "leave me alone," as she responded, "Sure thing. Don't forget, we're going out with Veronica on Friday night, so try not to use up all your self-partying energy before then! See you tomorrow."

Rachyl stuffed her cell back into her purse, then looked down at her black-and-blue ensconced form. "All dressed up and nowhere to go," she thought, as she sighed and flung open the door to her building.

(( Rachyl out. ))
Meegan 18 years ago
"Yeah, see you tomorrow. I'll be hung over and crabby, but that's ok, since some of my best designs come when I'm crabby." Meegan grumped at the phone after she'd pressed the disconnect button. She slipped it back into her purse and asked the bartender for a menu. All her sulking was making her very hungry for things that would give her indigestion and guilt.

He brought her one and she ordered an appetizer of nachos, followed by a dinner of a rather large mushroom swiss burger. She figured she would decide on dessert later. She finished off her drink and the man brought her another.

"Thanks."
Milazo 18 years ago
Calo checked himself in the bathroom mirror as he washed his hands. His dark dreadlocks were pulled back into a ponytail, and his chiseled face looked a little more tired than it usually did. He wore a black t-shirt that molded to his muscular physique and the irregular shape of his nipple rings, as well as his favorite pair of jeans, and black, thick-soled Dr. Marten boots. The spike of his labret and the circular barbell through his septum shone brightly in the flourescent light.

He dried his hands and left the bathroom. He walked with a feline grace across the carpeted entryway, making his way back to the bar. As he entered, he noticed a woman sitting a couple stools down from where his fresh glass of Scotch sat on the smooth mahogany surface of the bar. There was no one else in the place. Besides the bartender, of course. Wouldn't be for another hour or so, probably.

Calo glanced casually at the woman as he sat down and smiled politely when she met his eye. Pretty girl, he thought to himself.
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan returned the man's smile half-heartedly. 'He looks familiar. Why does he look familiar? It's probably the hair, I've only seen dreads on a european man maybe four times, so that's most likely it.' Meegan nodded in satisfaction at that answer as her nachos arrived.

'Oh great now I have an audience for my indulgence in self pity.' Meegan took up a chip and bit into it. 'Well, I don't care.'

She finished up her second martini as well and the bartender brought another along with a glass of water.
Milazo 18 years ago
Calo couldn't help but notice the woman's choice in food and beverage. Martinis weren't exactly a 'girly' drink... and with a figure like that, there's no way in Hell nachos are a regular part of this girl's diet. He took a sip of his Scotch - not too bad - and turned his head to take a better look at the woman a couple stools down.

"What's wrong?" he asked in a smooth, melodic voice. His light, light blue eyes had swung back so that he faced the back of the bar while he sipped his ambrosia.
Meegan 18 years ago
"What's wrong?"

Meegan nearly jumped, having not expected to be addressed at all. She set her nacho down and turned to look at the man. 'Damn he's gorgeous. And I know I know him from...somewhere.'

"What makes you think something is wrong?"

Meegan picked the chip back up and bit into it.
Milazo 18 years ago
Calo finished the slow sip he was working on, set the glass down carefully, and turned his head again to face the woman.

"Aside from the fact that you nearly planted your head in the ceiling when I spoke...?" He arched an eyebrow inquisitively as he held the woman's eyes.
Meegan 18 years ago
"I did not nearly plant my head in the ceiling, thank you very much." What on God's green earth made her want to argue with this man. He was just being friendly. And those eyes...those eyes were like looking into ice and coming out on fire. 'Oh nice Meegan, can you possibly come up with a more cliche-ic metephor?'

She tilted her chin up at him daring him to argue with her.
Milazo 18 years ago
Calo grinned and shrugged, taking another sip of his drink. "No, of course not. Silly me. You obviously drink martinis and eat nachos when there's absolutely nothing wrong." He cocked a smiling eye at her, but kept his lips neutral.
Meegan 18 years ago
"Yes, well. I've had a rough week. If you must know." Meegan sighed and pushed the plate away from her and wiped her hands on her napkin. She took a sip from her drink and turned on her stool to face the man.

"So I'm making myself feel better, by dressing up and eating nachos. Happy?"

Meegan really wasn't sure if she wanted him to anser that or not. She kept getting lost in those eyes, and was just about to tell herself to snap out of it, when she decided some harmless fun with a stranger, could be just the pick-me-up she needed. 'Besides, it's not like I'll ever see him again, Nachton is a very big city.'
Milazo 18 years ago
"I am if you are," he replied with a grin. Setting his glass down, he swiveled on his stool a little bit more to face her. "Drev," he said by way of introduction as he held out his hand. He never gave his real name to anyone anymore. It represented a part of his life that he wished he could forget, but never would. It was what he referred to himself in his own mind, though, which kept it open like a festering wound. One name was just as good as any other.

Are you a Starface fan? he asked her silently. Must not be a very big one, since she's not screaming and hyperventilating yet. But he'd seen that look in her eyes, that searching look of almost-familiarity. He saw it almost everywhere he went.
Meegan 18 years ago
"Meegan." She took his hand and looked at him again. Her heart began to thump in her chest at the touch. "That is a most unusal name. I met someone with that name once before, but he was a singer of one band or another. You're not him are you?"

Meegan chuckled at her little joke. Of course it wasn't him, the lead singer of Starface wouldn't be sitting in a hotel bar, talking to some stranger. Even if the band had broken up. They were a good band and she had been to more than one of their concerts, backstage at each. On top of that, she had mingled with them at one after party or another. No this was not the same man, it was just a coincidence, though Meegan had a hard time believing in coincidence.
Milazo 18 years ago
She'd met him before? Hmm... not surprising, considering the sheer number of females he'd met over the career of the band. After the initial novelty had worn off, he'd almost stopped seeing their faces. It wouldn't due to get attached to a pretty face that you'd never see again. Easier to just fuck 'em and toss 'em out. That's all they ever wanted anyway. At least most of them.

He glanced around the bar - still empty. The bartender was off in the corner wiping down tables in preparation for the night's crowd. Calo/Drev leaned a little closer to Meegan. In a voice barely more than a whisper, he sang a couple lines of a song he'd written several years ago. The short vocal piece was haunting and almost operatic; over the years it became almost his signature. Even though this little bit was sung in a lowered voice, it was unmistakable.

He leaned back again, smiling, and made a 'shh' sound with a finger pressed to his lip.
Meegan 18 years ago
A shiver ran down the entire length of Meegan's spine. 'Well, damnit to hell. I was not expecting this. I'm glad I wore panties, otherwise this dress would have to go straight to the cleaners.' Not quite certain where that thought came from, Meegan lifted an eyebrow, at the man as much as herself.

"Well, this is lovely. We can sit here drinking our very good beverages pretending that neither of us is a recognizable public figue. In fact that sounds just about perfect. Except for one thing."

It was Meegan's turn to lean close and whisper.

"I can stay unrecognizable."
Milazo 18 years ago
"Don't worry," he said with a smile. "I'm pretty good at going unnoticed." He took another sip of his drink, and when he set it down, the absence of the strong scent of Scotch allowed him to pick up a much lighter, fainter scent. He would have missed it, had it not been for the almost constant stream of dripping women that came to his tour bus after every show. That seductive aroma was so... mmmmm.

Suddenly it hit him. Like a lightning bolt out of a clear sky. This was Meegan Masters, the designer of the Gothic-ah line. He hadn't even thought he might know her face from somewhere, and then wham!

What're the odds he'd meet this woman in this bar? At this hour? Hmm. Interesting.

"Unless, of course, you'd prefer to go someplace that won't be bustling with people in an hour?"
Meegan 18 years ago
What was that look in his eyes. It was a look she wasn't sure she liked, but one she knew she wanted to see again, and again. 'Damnit Meegan you're acting like some horney little teenager, who was just asked back into the dressing romm. Stop it! Now!' With her head clear again, she finished off her third martini and waved the bartender off, not wanting another.

"I wouldn't mind that at all."
Milazo 18 years ago
Drev smiled and took another sip of his drink. He turned a smile to Meegan. "You'll have to pick the place, though. I've only been in Nachton for--" he glanced up at the clock " --about twenty-three hours."

Not even in town for a full day yet, at already you've picked up a girl at a bar, he thought. No, not just A girl... Meegan Masters. He flicked his eyes down to her chest as he took another sip. Well, she's at least got boobs and brains. Drev chuckled to himself. This town might be alright, afterall.
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan laughed, it was a bright sound that tinkled off the glass of the liquer bottles behind the bar.

"What in the hell are you doing here, if you just got to town? I'd still be unpacking. Or at the very least passed out from a day of unpacking."

She watched his eyes flick to her breasts and was just a little turned on. She wondered if he could tell she wasn't wearing a bra in this dress. Not that she would have, Versace would have killed her for defacing his clothes with a bra.

"Well, since I know your not anything more sinister than a rock star, I'll invite you back to my place. Maybe we can get a glimpse of my new neighbor. He's been awefully shy."

Meegan had a glint in her eye, she was eager to meet this new mysterious man, who the realltor said paid in cash...cash for the place. Who in the hell paid cash for a condo in a big city, unless it was someone on the lamb and she wanted to meet him, just for morbid curiosity's sake.