Saying Goodnight (from 'Wine & Chocolate')

Veronica's whole body ached. But it was a good ache. A very good ache. She and Rachyl stopped on the sidewalk in front of Meegan's condo, embraced in a light hug. All Veronica wanted to do right now was go to sleep. Too bad she couldn't bring Rachyl home with her. Damn work. That fucking alarm would be going off too damn early....

"I had a wonderful time," Veronica said, mentally wincing at the cheesiness. She leaned in for a quick, passionate kiss. "I'm sure Meegan's going to love her new movie," she added with a wink. "I'd invite you back to my place, but five-thirty comes entirely too soon I'm afraid. Maybe this weekend we can go out dancing or something?"

Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl saw the ache and tiredness she felt reflected in Veronica's eyes. She nodded and grinned at the other woman's wince at how cheesy she thought she might sound. "Dancing or something sounds great. You've got my number."

They shared a breast-crushing hug and another slippery kiss as they parted. Rachyl began to walk down a block to wait for the bus.
Veronica Miller 18 years ago
Veronica considered going with Rachyl on the bus, to spend just a few more minutes with her, but decided against it. She had no idea what route her apartment building was nearest, and didn't want to get lost in this huge city by herself. Especially not at night. Who the hell knows what kind of creeps and weirdos come out at night. She chuckled and set about hailing a taxi. One stopped soon enough. She slipped into the backseat, sighing as she sat, and told the driver where to go.

The fifteen minute ride was filled with thoughts of her new friends. Well, one new friend, one a forgotten aquaintence from her college days. Veronica had had trouble meeting decent people that she could call friend in the few months she'd been here. But it looked like she finally found a couple that could help wash away those lonely weekends.

She tipped the driver and went up to her modest (in comparison to Meegan's condo) apartment with a warm smile on her face.

((Veronica out.))
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl sensed Veronica take a few steps after her as she headed towards the bus stop. She hoped her new job would afford her the ability to take a cab (or even buy a new bicycle) instead of taking the bus.

The ride was quick, but her thoughts were long. Two new friends in one day. Two new lovers! in one day.

She was suddenly glad the inconsiderate, unprofessional clod from Richmond Realty hadn't shown up.

Her thoughts drifted, memories of the last five hours bubbled and prodded at the edges of her satedness.

She climbed down from the bus and buzzed herself into her apartment building, then tiredly climbed the stairs to the third floor.

(( Rachyl out. ))