Like It Never Happened... (Attn: Eiryk)

Alex had never been happier to see the inside of their home. After a week in the hospital and several more days at Liefde's clinic followed by another day and night at Alfarinn's, he was starting to feel practically homeless. As he and Eiryk went through the door of their home, though, Alex only took a second to reflect on how good it was to be there.

As the door closed he turned and wrapped his arms around Eiryk. Of the two of them Alex was taller but leaner, but that didn't make him any less fit. He flexed every muscle he had as he caught Eiryk up in a tight hug, bending to bury his face in the crook of his shorter fiance's shoulder, drawing in a long shuddering breath.

"It's so fucking good to be home with you," he said on the exhale. Alex pulled back and cupped Eiryk's face in both his hands, looking into those bright blue eyes with his own newly-multicolored ones.

"I'm sorry," he said softly. "I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that."

He kissed Eiryk's lips gently, keeping his hands where they were, walking slowly backward toward the living room.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you I changed my mind."

Another kiss.

"I'm sorry I didn't talk to you about what I was thinking."

Another.

"I'm sorry you had to take care of me through all of that."

Reaching the sofa, Alex turned and gently guided Eiryk down onto it. Then he leaned down, braced on his hands, on either side of Eiryk's shoulders - one on the back of the couch and one on the arm. He kissed him again.

"I'm sorry you had to see me dying."

There weren't apologies adequate enough for Alex to express his regret. His pride had gotten in the way yet again. He could have taken what was offered so much earlier than this. It still felt like that would have been the easy way out, but it would have been worth it to save everyone the pain he'd put them through. He knew he owed all of his friends apologies, but none so desperately as his partner who had loved him and cared for him through the whole ordeal.

Alex knelt on the floor between Eiryk's legs, rested his hands on his fiance's thighs, and looked up at him.
"I won't do that to you again," he said solemnly. "Any of it. I'm going to do my damn best not to let my ego get in the way of things. I was wrong to make you suffer."

He took Eiryk's hand and brought it to his lips, warmly caressing the solid band around his ring finger, sealing that promise with a kiss.

Eiryk 10 years ago
The weight of the past few days hit Eiryk as soon as he and Alex walked in the door. He'd refused to go to their home without Alex and hadn't left Alex' side once the whole time. Even when he'd been told to get out and clean up Eiryk had avoided their home. He'd not been able to bear being in the home he and Alex had created without Alex. So coming home was proof that it was all over and everything would be fine.*

As Eiryk let the familiar comfortable color palette and style lines wash over him and relax him when Alex wrapped them up into an embrace.*

Still unused to Alex' new eye color Eiryk blinked once in surprise having to remind himself quickly it was Alex and he was a vampire.

"God I didn't think I'd ever get you back here again."

Eiryk held tight to Alex still not quite believing that his fiancée was alive and whole again.

Following Alex' lead Eiryk let himself be move about. He kissed Alex back each time those soft sweet lips met his. Each apology broke his heart slightly. They had almost lost so much. And no matter how long lived Eiryk would never forget the sight of Alex laying lifeless and pale on the clinic bed or Rue telling them to prepare for the end. He wasn't quite ready .to think about it just yet. The wounds were still too fresh.

"Don't apologize love. Please don't. No one can tell you how to face something like that. You were very brave to go head to head with it."

Not wanting to let things fester any more than he had to Eiryk took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry too... I wish I'd behaved better so you would have felt able to tell me you'd changed your mind. "

He must have done something at some point that made Alex feel like he couldn't bring his change of plans up. He didn't know what he'd done or how to fix it but Eiryk couldn't place all the blame on Alex.

Swallowing back tears Eiryk managed a weak watery grin as he buried his free hand in Alex' soft brown hair as Alex settled in front of him. Eiryk shook his head while looking into the new blue brown eyes.

"It doesn't matter. I love you just the same, no matter what; dying, human, vampire, stubborn, mistakes, ego and all. Neither of us is perfect are we?"

Eiryk tugged slightly on Alex' hand wanting him close, in his lap, where he could put his arms around his partner.
Alex Aristos 10 years ago
Alexander squeezed Eiryk's hands. He shook his head while Eiryk spoke but he didn't argue. They could get this out of the way and move on, and that would be fine with him. He would spend every night with Eiryk reminding himself where his stupid pride had almost gotten him, and never to let it come between them again. And he would tell his friends the same thing. Alex knew it hadn't been easy on them. Particularly Rue. God, what he'd put Rowan through. No wonder the redhead was a fucking mess. He'd done that. He would fix it.

Alex didn't go along with Eiryk when he tugged. He resisted gently, pulling his hand away, reaching up to run his fingers through Eiryk's shaggy blond hair.

"You need some sleep," Alex said. "I know you. You sat in that clinic the whole time and didn't budge."

He smiled; Eiryk's love was so apparent, but Alex was fine now. Better than fine.

"I want you in bed with me," Alex said. "Ten minutes ago."

Making a demonstration of it (and still having a hard time believing how easily he could accomplish it), Alex slid his arms beneath Eiryk's ass and lifted him from the couch he'd just rested him on. He encouraged Eiryk to wrap his legs around Alex's waist and tilted his head up to kiss Eiryk again.

"Shower first? Or bed first? Either one, babe," Alex said. "You've been taking care of me for months now. It's my turn."

There would be no arguing this time. Alex was no longer ill. No longer weak. No longer 'the human.' He felt fantastic. Eyes brighter, muscles stronger, whites whiter, and all that good stuff. He was happy to have made his choice. There was no going back from it now, but he wouldn't have anyway.

He carried his fiance into their bedroom, a flicker of distaste crossing his face at the way it looked. There were medications on Alex's bedside table, tissues, water bottle, all the trappings of the incredibly sick man he'd been just a little while ago.
"I'm cleaning all of this up," he said, "but not until you're sound asleep. When you wake up it's going to be like it never happened. And we'll have our lives back, even better than before."

He smiled at Eiryk, still clinging tightly to him, waiting for direction on where to go.
Eiryk 10 years ago
Eiryk shook his head, shaking off the statement. Of course he'd sat there. Nothing else was or would be as important as being right there for Alex. There was no way he'd miss the slightest chance that Alex would open his eyes for a second or two.

"Of course, and you would have done the same for me.”

Eiryk didn't have any doubt of that. In fact, Alex might have handled it better, not fallen apart at the seams quite so much, but that was one of the reasons he loved Alex.

Before being turned Alex had been strong, he'd been able to move Eiryk where he'd wanted him. But even knowing that* as a vampire Alex would be stronger, faster and the rest of it, he was not prepared for his fiancée to so easily lift him. It was kind of a turn on. Eiryk wrapped his legs around Alex and buried his face into Alex' neck.

God he wanted to bite Alex right then. Very much so. Not only had Eiryk not had any blood in several days, it was Alex; fresh and clean smelling, no drugs or illness. It had been ages since he'd been able to bite Alex and Eiryk missed it very much. He held back though. Alex was very newly turned and needed blood right now, not to be drained.

"Maybe a shower... with you...”

Although he'd showered and changed on the Haxa Eiryk was fighting sleep, hard.

"If you're not careful I will wind up a sleep and I'll miss your birthday. Maybe we should celebrate.”

And not close their eyes, at all, ever. His head would touch the pillow and he'd be gone.

Hearing Alex talk about the medication and whatnot that were on his nightstand caused Eiryk to tighten his grip on his partner slightly; he'd almost lost Alex and that was a reminder. No, he wouldn't lose Alex not now, not ever. Eiryk levered himself against Alex so he was looking down at his slightly taller fiancée and kissed him softly and deeply and slowly. He tasted of Alex again, no longer any trace of medicine or chemo. Reluctantly he pulled away.

"I don't ever want to see that again. Maybe we can burn it.”

Apparently Vikings liked to burn things. Eiryk had noticed this in himself before, it was a neat all-purpose solution, 'burn it'. But he went back to kissing Alex, that was much more interesting that analyzing pop culture clichés in real life.
Alex nodded at Eiryk. "Yes. I would have. Still will."

It was a simple statement. Alex would always be there for him. Really always, now. He smiled at that acknowledgement.

Standing in the bedroom with Eiryk clinging to him so appealingly, Alex laughed softly when Eiryk mentioned his birthday.

"My birthday is still in January, babe," he said. "Shower. Sleep. When you wake up we'll find you someone to drink since I can't do it anymore. Yet."

Alex felt a little pang at that, but he didn't let it show. He knew that, young as he was, he was going to need to drink frequently. As he grew older he'd be able to wait. He knew Eiryk could go for a week or so without, so he wasn't worried about Eiryk dying of thirst. Sleep was probably the more immediate need for his fiance.

When Alex had a few decades under his belt, though, he was going to go back to being Eiryk's favorite meal. That was what he missed most of all, in his whole few hours of being a vampire. It wasn't the realization that he'd never hike in the early morning sunlight, or boulder across a cliff face under the sunset - it was that he could no longer provide Eiryk with the majority of what he needed. He could be patient though, because he knew that over time he'd be able to manage.

It was something he had to talk to Aishe about, actually. They had spoken about so many things, and in the course of their discussions she had mentioned she provided for Kem on occasion as he had a fairly unusual drinking problem.

He'd drink from Aishe too, really, if she offered. She probably tasted like hot chocolate.

Oh damn, Alexander, he thought to himself, that was probably wrong on a lot of levels.

He squeezed Eiryk tight and steered him into the bathroom, eager to remove him from the sight of the medicines and sick-person paraphernalia. He turned the shower on and then set Eiryk down, patting his partner's shoulder and beginning to strip his clothing off in a fairly professional manner.

No lovemaking tonight, he said, as much in his actions as his brief touches. Eiryk needed rest and Alex just wanted to be close to him. Oh yeah, he wanted Eiryk. Pretty badly. But he'd rather wait until they were both feeling just fine, until they'd both rested and taken care of themselves.

"Shower," he said, steering Eiryk into it. "If you fall asleep, fall asleep, babe. I'll be here to catch you. Promise. I'm not going anywhere."

Stripping his clothes off he stepped in after Eiryk, regardless of having showered recently. He fully intended to care for his love.
Eiryk 10 years ago
"You have two now.”

Eiryk said firmly. He couldn't remember either of his, not really. After a few hundred it stopped mattering. Angus probably could remember about when he'd been turned and Eiryk had a vague idea when his actual birthday was but he didn't pay much attention to either. Alex, on the other hand, was a different matter. Eiryk would happily celebrate both dates.

Unwittingly Eiryk wrinkled his nose at the idea of someone to drink. He was hungry, not starving but outside of his usual time frame, but he also didn't really want to eat. It would probably pass with a good days sleep though, he wasn't thinking as clearly as he might, what he wanted was Alex. He knew in a month or so he -might- be able to bite Alex occasionally and he knew he couldn't wait that long to find sustenance. Eiryk also knew he was going to be very careful of biting Alex for a while. That would all process more clearly once he was no longer half asleep.

Eiryk could feel the adrenalin and the elation from seeing Alex again leaving him. All that energy was literally draining out of him, it was like the air being let out of a balloon, although Eiryk did his best to hide it hoping to encourage Alex despite his more matter of fact movements. Eiryk wasn't sure he'd be able to muster the energy to fool around with Alex but he wanted to find out. It had been a long time for both of them.

"No. No you're not are you?”

Eiryk again gently kissed Alex extremely comforted and contented by that fact.

He really did want to stay alert and take advantage of Alex, but about the time the hot water hit him though, Eiryk was done. Not only was this shower much bigger and more comfortable than the one on his ship he had Alex with him and there was no longer any sort of tension or worry keeping him awake. They were past the need for constant vigilance. Although he absently attempted to wash himself and Alex Eiryk was starting to doze a bit. His eyes would close and his head would nod and he would jerk back awake.

Not wanting to mar their first night back home by crashing to the shower floor and breaking a bone or his face or the shower, especially with Rue being in apparently worse shape than he was, Eiryk gave up and leaned into Alex in a controlled manner and closed his eyes. He didn't quite want to rely so heavily on Alex right then, not with Alex newly turned and coming off a life threatening illness, but a little bit couldn't hurt anything and he very much wanted to be closer to his fiancé right then. In fact, that was perfect feeling warm wet olive skin and Alex' familiar strong sexy body supporting him with the hot water washing over them. It wasn't as exciting as they could be in the shower but he was wonderful making Eiryk smile sleepily and hummed satisfied for the moment.

"I don't care how wrinkled we get, we should stay here for a while.”

The hot water in the Towers would last a fair while and Eiryk was all for taking advantage of that.
Alex raised an eyebrow at Eiryk. He didn't fee like arguing, but he didn't feel like capitulating either. Eiryk didn't get to decide what day Alex celebrated. Alex was pretty sure that was his choice. He leaned down and kissed Eiryk on the forehead.

"I have one birthday," he said. "It's January 10th, and it's going to stay on January 10th."

Eiryk was going to have to get used to Alex not being the weak one anymore. He demonstrated his point by pretty much holding Eiryk up in the shower, amazed at how easy it seemed. He could have done it before, but he'd have felt it. Now Eiryk felt like a lightweight, and he definitely wasn't. Not with that much muscle on him.

Watching Eiryk try to win an impossible battle, Alex's smile grew tender.
"No," he disagreed gently, once again. "We're going to shower, and then I'm going to tuck you into bed, crawl in next to you, and hold you while you sleep."

Alex wasn't tired at all, himself, having woken completely refreshed and, basically, reborn just a few hours ago. He maneuvered Eiryk around, not breaking contact with him, running his hands over his fiance's body as he carefully washed his hair. He applied conditioner after rinsing it, and let it sit a little while he went for the soap. Little things like this, he enjoyed. Knowing details about Eiryk, knowing what shampoo he liked, how he washed his hair - Alex wouldn't take those things for granted.

Using the removable showerhead to rinse the conditioner out, Alex pulled Eiryk against him after he put it back up. Eiryk's back to his chest; Alex wrapped his arms around Eiryk and nuzzled into his neck, kissing his shoulder.

"I've missed you," he said softly, rocking side to side a little, just swaying gently, holding the man he loved.

He rubbed his nose gently over Eiryk's skin. Then, without exactly meaning to, he flicked his tongue against Eiryk's neck. He remembered Eiryk's blood so vividly. He wasn't thirsty, but he wanted more. He was eager to taste Eiryk. Would he be like Alfarinn?

Now wouldn't be an ideal time. Poor Eiryk was exhausted, and it would feel too much like taking advantage of him. Alex just held him tightly under the hot spray, rhythmically running his lips up and down Eiryk's neck.
Eiryk 10 years ago
Honestly, he was to tired to argue, especially over something so trivial. Besides he didn't think Alex would want a party or anything, he didn't like anything terribly ostentatious for his regular birthday. Something like this could be celebrated even more quietly, maybe just noted with the two of them. Maybe he should get Alfrarinn a present. He'd worry about it next year.

"Do I at least get a sexy new vampire to rub me down with a fluffy towel first?"

Eiryk said with a sleepy leer, although, he was starting to like Alex's plan. Tonight he really just wanted to curl up and cling to his lover and life partner. He'd miss Alex' heart beat though. Certainly there would still be a beat, even vampires had to have blood circulated, but it would be slower, no longer human. If that was the biggest change, that and the eyes, that Alex ran into Eiryk could live with it.

Although he wasn't always so passive and accepting of others doing things for him and taking care of him Eiryk didn't fight Alex. He just enjoyed the soft yet firm feel of Alex' hands on his body and gently in his hair. That alone was worth having grown his hair out. Even though they were naked in a shower having Alex wash his hair seemed more intimate than if they were to make love right then. It was an example of trust and support and partnership, Alex had leaned on him when he needed support, and although Eiryk felt on some level he'd failed since Alex had died, but now Eiryk knew he could lean on Alex.

He shivered a little, Eiryk might be exhausted but he wasn't dead, as Alex nuzzled his neck. Alex could bite him now. Eiryk wanted that, he wanted it very badly. It wasn't purely sexual either, that was part of it of course, but even more than that Eiryk wanted to be able to provide for Alex the way his fiancée had so many times before. Eiryk had watched Alex express himself and his love through food, even though a number of his friends didn't have to eat, that he could now do the same, and not just symbolically, meant the world to him.

"No more than I missed you. Funny how much we missed even though we were together. Let's not ever let that happen again."

Eiryk didn't believe he was the best at relationships. He had a tenancy to try too hard. Alex balanced that out, or at least understood him when he did something over the top. This was the only relationship he'd ever really cared about though and he wanted to try. He wanted to wake up twelve hundred years from now and be tangled up in Alex. He couldn't imaging not being in love with Alex.

Feeling Alex' tongue on his neck it didn't take much to guess where Alex' thoughts were. He'd already taken sex off the menu and it was only natural for a newly turned vampire to be peckish.

"Still hungry Älskling? Or did you have other ideas?"

Eiryk drowsily purred the invitation ignoring the fact that he wasn't quite opening his eyes all the way as they let the hot water wash over them. He'd let Alex have his way with him, whatever way he wanted. It might be kind of interesting.
Alex was quiet until Eiryk asked if he was still hungry. He paused in his back-and-forth sampling of Eiryk's neck. "Not hungry. I just want you."

He gently bit down on Eiryk's neck, not breaking the skin, teasing himself and maybe teasing Eiryk too. Eiryk's words had been very inviting even though Eiryk hadn't come right out and said what Alex was secretly hoping to hear.

Then he realized it didn't matter. He was, indeed, new at this. And it was arrogant of him to think he might actually have some sort of control over his impulses. Eiryk's blood sang to him, irresistible, compelling. Alex whispered,
"Want to taste you."

So he did. Parting his lips, he pressed his fangs gently against Eiryk's neck. His bite was quick, firm, as he drove the impossibly sharp points of his teeth in and Eiryk's warm, rich blood flooded his mouth. Alex moaned softly, swallowing.

His hands drifted down, eager, willing, to give Eiryk release if he wanted it. Alex's long, slim fingers caressed the crease of Eiryk's thighs just below his hips, sliding down over wet skin to cup him intimately in his hands. He took another short draw of blood, felt it slide over his tongue, exploding with heat, in shades of scarlet and the feel of warm velvet. Better than any mead.

Alex allowed himself those two little drinks. That was all. He pulled away, sucking at Eiryk's neck while stroking him with his hands. Eiryk was addictive. Alex couldn't even fathom biting a human now. Not after Alfarinn, and now Eiryk. This was far too good.
Eiryk 10 years ago
Eiryk shivered, and it wasn't because he was cold, as Alex pressed his teeth to his neck. He could feel that Alex' canines were sharper. He tilted his head to one side giving Alex easier access and, although Alex said he wasn't hungry, Eiryk pressed himself closer, almost insisting. It was very unfair for Alex to tease like that, he should just bite if he was hungry.

He was, right now, in a wonderfully aroused lazy haze of lust. All Eiryk was aware of was Alex and how much he wanted him. Eiryk was greedy for Alex, whether that be his bite, sex, or just his touch it didn't matter he wanted all of Alex right now. If Alex needed encouragement Eiryk was happy to give it to him.

"Bite love. I want you to. Take what you want, what you need. Please.”

Feeling Alex' fangs pierce his neck for the first time Eiryk discovered he was not too tired to be turned on. He gasped as he almost immediately feeling the first stirrings of orgasm as his knees buckled slightly. Strong nimble fingers found him and Eiryk arched his hips forward moaning in response to a pleasure so intense it was almost painful.

In fact, there was some pain, his own fangs -ached- Eiryk longed to taste Alex, he missed Alex so much, he'd not been able to bite him for far too long and now he was still having to hold back. Instead Eiryk bit his own lip, fang easily piercing the skin causing a large drop of blood to well up.

"Please...”

Eiryk half growled, half whispered. He needed something more. He either needed Alex to bring him over the edge or he needed Alex to drink more, possibly both. Either way would very probably sap the last of his energy and Eiryk would be lucky to get himself out of the shower let alone into bed but he didn't care. Eiryk was quite simply unable to think beyond Alex.

It took an embarrassingly short time for Eiryk to lose control. Later he'd blame that lack of control and stamina on his exhausted state. For now though all he could do was to cry out and try not to fall over As an intense climax ran through his entire body, making his muscles go ridged at first and then shake with release and weakness.

Although he'd hit the shower floor a happy man Eiryk had faith in Alex to keep that from happening.

"Gods what you do to me. Seconds?”

It was a dangerous offer and Eiryk knew it. He hadn't eaten in a while but Alex' bite was so addictive that he was willing to risk it. The feel of the man he loved both giving and taking from him at once was irresistible and could easily render Eiryk insatiable.
Alex smiled against Eiryk's neck as he felt his fiance tremble. He stroked Eiryk with a firm, confident hand until he felt him throbbing. Shivered with pleasure at Eiryk's cry. He pressed a soft kiss to Eiryk's neck just below his ear and held onto his shaking partner.

With a low laugh, he hugged Eiryk back to him.
"No seconds. Not tonight."

He made quick work of clean-up with the shower head and soap, then reached out to turn off the jets of steam and water.
"Now bedtime, and after you wake up we'll get you something to drink."

It was nice, taking care of Eiryk for a change. Alex couldn't have asked for better; Eiryk was clean, his body relaxed now, sated and tired and in a perfect frame of mind to fall unconscious for hours. He reached out for their fluffy towels, wrapped his own c
arelessly around his waist, and quickly patted Eiryk dry from head to toe.

"Come on, babe," he said, steering Eiryk out of the bathroom. "I haven't slept in our bed in over a week."

Alex always liked wearing pajama pants to sleep in, although Eiryk had different views. Eiryk was half asleep though, so Alex decided he was driving. He got out a pair of pants for each of them and helped Eiryk into his. Then he folded back the comforter and waited for Eiryk to slide in.

Alex crawled happily into bed on his side, which basically meant 'on the other side of Eiryk' since Alex couldn't remember the last time he hadn't wrapped himself around his fiance in his sleep. He had long since decided he may as well start out that way too. He snuggled up to Eiryk, threw an arm and a leg over him, and rested his head in the hollow of Eiryk's arm against his chest.

Thora joined them, curling up behind Alex's knees. Alex sighed, a happy warmth bubbling just under his chest.
"I love you," he murmured against Eiryk's warm skin.
Eiryk 10 years ago
"Tomorrow then. I have decided I like sharing with you.”

Eiryk had known he would love being bitten by Alex, he'd fantasized about it before, but the reality had been extremely powerful. He couldn't wait to experience it again, the next time though he wanted to be more alert and able to appreciate it.

Unable to muster up the energy to form another coherent sentence Eiryk gave himself over to Alex' care. He felt terribly indolent letting Alex do so much but honestly he was in no shape to do this himself. Through half closed eyes Eiryk watched the lithe easy moments Alex made. Here and there he caressed Alex, small soft gestures to show he was both appreciative and still awake. Although he didn't so much as think about arguing that they would both dress for bed.

Eiryk didn't so much slide as fall, rather like a blond tree, into bed. The scent of fresh clean sheets surrounded him, but it didn't feel right or relaxing until Alex climbed in with him. Once he could smell fresh clean Alex, feel his fiancee's arms and leg around him only then did Eiryk feel right about being in their bed. It hadn't been his bed since Alex' store had flooded a year, two years, ago and Alex had been persuaded to stay with him while repairs were made.

He felt a small thump and knew Thora had taken it upon herself to join them. He didn't protest. It was good to have their whole family in one place. Eiryk warped an arm around Alex and yawned.

"I love you too. I always will.”

The words came out mushy, half swallowed in the yawn but he knew Alex would understand. Alex always did. It was the last thing that Eiryk would say for at least twenty four hours as sleep claimed him and wasn't about to give him up for quite some time.