Familiars..

I've got some questions on how humans are during and after being a familiar for awhile.. which mod should I pm? Or should I just ask here?

Ellis Duban 18 years ago
You can pm a staff with questions. Might make it easier if you ask something that we all need to consult each other on. Currently I have 2 familiars, not sure anyone else does.
Rachyl 18 years ago
What exactly is a "familiar?" It's not in the glossary...

Is it a human who wishes not to be turned but has pledged their loyalty to a clan?
Amberelle DeEspionne 18 years ago
Kinda yeah, a human who's pledged to the clan. But it's usually someone who drinks the blood of their vampire 'owner'. They can be wanna be vampires, afraid of the 'master' or just a blood addict.

(see Aron's training thread for when the manservant does)
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis familiars do not drink her blood, at least I haven't even considered it something to write in yet. Ellis feeds periodically off of Carol, but not Marthinus. Marthinus is bound because of his family's legacy. Marthinus is Simon's direct blood kin. The familiar legacy in that family goes back to when Simon was turned. Ellis took their youngest and brightest and gave them an education and profitable life. Said life hangs in the balance...meaning Ellis uses the family to keep SImon's loyalties in line.

So I chose to have Ellis' familiars be more than vamp blood addicts. In fact neither of them partake in the drug at all. Carol is Ellis' POC for Duibne Industries where Marthinus works on synthesizing the vampire drug.

If you want your familiar's to drink your vampires blood, more power to you.
Mai 18 years ago
I think the broadest term you can use for a familiar is a human who's loyality is to a vampire for one reason or another, the vampire must be certain of that loyalty before any clan secrets are trusted to the human. For many that is probably done by feeding them blood.

I know for Alfarinn who has bonding (according to him, a thing that must have mutual consent) he uses the return gift of blood to seal the bond between himself and someone else. Though he's an empath and can share feelings with someone anyway, drinking blood is about the most connecting thing there is to a vampire so in his mind this psychologically works for his power. For someone else with bonding it might be merely the act of sex or just saying words or..whatever else you can think of.

They might only drink his blood once though and not ever do it again.