Breakfast in Bed (attn: Pak)

Ran opened his eyes and blinked sleepily, glancing at the nearby clock. It was about four in the afternoon, too early to go outside yet so he couldn't leave the apartment. Summer always brought some difficulty there; more daylight meant he was going to have to stay put. It was okay though. He was pretty comfortable here.

He rolled over and wrapped his arm around Pakpao's tiny waist, pressing up against her and curling around her smaller frame. Nuzzling aside her silky hair he gently nibbled at the nape of her neck and then the pretty slope of her shoulder. Leaning up a little he nipped her earlobe and, when she stirred, murmured,
"Sleep okay?"

He imagined she had; they had both been exhausted when they finally passed out earlier that morning. Ran felt pleasantly lazy now, but not so lazy that he resisted the urge to let the hand around Pak's waist slip lower and tease a bit, stroking a line down the soft skin of her inner thigh.

It was the second night since his scuffle with Bao and Ran had decided against telling Pak about it. He'd gone back and forth on the issue and finally figured Bao could approach her if he wanted to. Not only did Ran think Pak would tell her Creator to stuff it, but it also didn't need to be her problem if it didn't have to be. In spite of Bao's apparent desire to be an overprotective dumbass, Ran thought that urge would only anger Pak. Bao's actions had already made her fiercely independent - she probably wouldn't take well to Bao's thinking she couldn't handle affairs of the heart without his guidance.

"Want me to make you breakfast this time?" he asked with a little smile.

He had only been here a few times , maybe four or five, but their cooking classes had had the effect of inspiring them to try to make food on their own outside of it. Ran had managed not to kill them with his Italian dinner; Pak had admittedly murdered the pancakes, but Ran couldn't tease much since he'd actually messed up eggs a few days ago. They were so fragile and flimsy. How did you cook one with the yolk intact if you kept breaking it when you shattered the shell? Twelve times?

He shifted hungrily against Pak, his other appetite making itself pretty obvious. They were naked in bed together and it was his equivalent of morning. Tough to deny. Why bother? In spite of his state of arousal he continued to talk, his voice amused.

"I promise. No pancakes. French toast?" That he might manage, since the egg yolks didn't have to be intact.

In a few minutes, anyway.

((ooc: Invited to Liefde by Pak, obviously!))

Pakpao 10 years ago
It was a very good thing Eiryk had talked her into a larger bed. At the time Pak hadn't seen the value in it, she wasn't that big, she never had company and wasn't likely too, but the former Viking had insisted. As she and Ran could be rather creative if not down right acrobatic, it had proven to be a wise investment

Closing her eyes tighter but smiling, obviously pleased by the attention she let Ran wake her up. It was a very pleasant way to meet the day and left absolutely no room for thoughts of things she -should- be doing. Instead she wriggled her bottom up against him rather provocatively, clearly encouraging what he was starting. Not that it felt like he needed any encouragement at all.

His piercings changed now and then, not all of them but some, and one yesterday had been a surprise. Pak's first reaction had been that it had to hurt like hell, followed by curiosity, followed by pleasure, and a lot of that last one. He was certainly adventurous and from her that was saying a lot.

She didn't believe his teasing about breakfast for a second, not when his hand kept doing that. Letting him continue to stroke the sensitive skin, it wouldn't take much longer for her to be more than willing. Of course then he brought up the pancakes.

Pak made a sound that was both laughter and outrage, twisted about in his arms and rolled them over. She was now straddling him, her hands lightly resting on his smooth chest.

"Really? That's where you want to take this? My pancakes? You might have helped with that little fiasco you know."

As Pak leaned over to placer he own little light kisses along his collar bone, letting her breast graze lightly where her hands had been she distinctly remembered being a little distracted when the pancakes burned. Not distracted like this though, they'd just been talking and hit upon a good natured argument about something she couldn't even remember now.

"I think French toast sounds good... I would have said eggs but I only have half a dozen in the fridge right now."

She slid off him and was half out of bed, if Ran didn't pull her back Pak would tackle him herself. He did like it when she was a bit more aggressive and as long as he was enjoying it she had fun with it too. Not that she was ready to get out the five inch heels and the riding crop. Well maybe one of the two...

"Did you want coffee or tea?"

She was friends with both Kem and Eiryk. Pak had good coffee and knew how to make it, the tea was her thing. Even as she teased Ran, and he teased her, Pak was struck by how easy it was to just be with Ran whether they were screwing around or not. She was more than comfortable with him, that's why he was here in her bedroom. Under the funny blue hair, which was adorably disheveled right now and in his contact free eyes, and the wild piercings, she knew he was a good friend. It was something she didn't question, even though they hadn't known each other a year yet.

((OOC... yes we did let him in but it won't happen again... until next time.))
Ran Iyala 10 years ago
Ran hummed in pleasure as Pak rubbed against him, then laughed as she rolled on top of him. He closed his eyes happily as she kissed him, her ass rubbing even more delightfully against him.

"How could I have helped? You might have killed me for attempting to rescue the poor little inept cook. No way I was going in there. You totally had it under control."

He raised his hands to gently cup her breasts, small but full, rolling his thumbs over her nipples as they hardened. Sliding his hands down the curve of her waist to her hips, intending to lift her onto him, he growled softly when she picked at his egg issue and then slid away from him.

"Oh no you don't," he snarled playfully. "Coffee and tea can wait."

In a flash he was off the bed and in front of her, gently easing her back onto it, sliding his shoulders beneath her knees and dipping his head down. Gripping her hips again he wasted no time in diving into her softly with his tongue. Sucking lightly for just a moment he then backed off, using the rounded end of the piercing in his tongue, circling and rolling it over the little nub hidden within her soft folds.

After another minute or two spent lavishing attention on her Ran drew away and moved up, poising himself to enter her but pausing just before he did. Instead of simply sliding into her he lowered his head again and gently kissed her neck, sucking almost delicately at her throat. Supporting himself on one hand he used the other to slowly tease her breast again. Only when she responded favorably did he finally give a little push with his toes, moaning into her warm skin as he entered her fully.
Pakpao 10 years ago
Pak just fixed him with a look when he said she'd had the pancakes under control. It was very probably the same look that he'd have gotten for interfering with her breakfast attempt.

Even though she'd been daring him, inviting him to catch her Pak was still rather surprised and laughed when she was caught. This kind of lightness and play made being with Ran easy and fun. Not that she wouldn't be there for him if something more serious came up, and Pak was certain the reverse was true, but this light heartedness was just what she needed after so long on her own.

He walked her back toward the bed, almost like dancing.

"I hate waiting."

Pak teased. Waiting could be a lot of fun after all. Oh and Ran was going to test that theory about waiting. That piercing of his, the one in the tongue this time, was something else. Pak didn't even try and hold back, it didn't take long before she was practically purring and burring her hands in the sheets, holding on.

As he explored her neck she held her breath. There was the added anticipation, uncertainty of if he would bite or not. There was a moment where she found his eyes and she smiled, brightly, openly, very much enjoying herself and that seemed to be what Ran was waiting for. When he fully entered her, Pak moaned in pleasure.

Ran was driving her and she didn't feel the need to take control. She raised her hips to him and wrapped her arms around his neck still smiling.

"Maybe waiting isn't so bad after all."

She kissed him softly and let her hands slid down to his trim waste and his ass using the feel of his hips to follow whatever rhythm he set.
Ran Iyala 10 years ago
There was a huge difference between doing this with Pak and doing it with Mina. Mina was a human. His familiar. It was a kindness to her, pleasurable for them both, and Ran would have said he enjoyed it. But with Pak, who was not only a friend but a fellow vampire, he could really be himself. He didn't need to be restrained, fearful of injuring her when they really got into it.

And he really got into it. Pak's moan encouraged him, her arms around his neck clung tightly. So Ran moved without restraint, building up the pace, enjoying the feeling of being inside her. His motions were fluid, not rough, but still much more foreceful than they would have been with his familiar as he employed all of his normal strength. His apadravya had been a particularly inspired piercing that week and he could tell it was being thoroughly enjoyed by Pak as well. It didn't take long before he could feel her tightening around him, her soft noises growing more urgent, and then the pulsing sensation that drove him crazy as she came. With a little growl he followed her over the edge, seating himself deeply inside and gasping softly with pleasure as he joined her.

They stayed still for a few moments and Ran dropped his head to Pak's shoulder while they recovered. He was reluctant to pull out and move away when this was so comfortable but he had promised her breakfast and he had to meet Amir once the sun went down, as he'd promised, to get his ass kicked again. Hooray.

They showered together and Ran changed into the clothing he'd worn the previous night; he didn't keep clothes at Pak's place or anything. He was growing comfortable there but they didn't have that sort of relationship. Maybe someday he'd bring an overnight bag or something.

When he got out of the shower Ran didn't style his hair up in spikes. There was no point if he was going straight to the training facility. Instead, he used an elastic band and pulled the long parts back into a topknot to keep them out of the way. Then after dressing he headed into Pak's kitchen and rummaged around for bread, eggs, milk, and the rest of the things he'd need to make french toast. There was bacon too. Who didn't like bacon? He tossed a couple of strips into another pan while he started breaking eggs for toast.

When Pak appeared he grinned at her.
"As to your previous question, I don't care. Either coffee or tea."
Pakpao 10 years ago
Being with another vampire was different, but in the best possible way. It was a new experience for Pak, who'd only had human lovers. Ran knew how far he could push and it was rather amazing. She was quite happy to wrap her legs around him and urge him on. Lord that piercing had been a very good idea on his part, it in just the right spot and rather drove her crazy. Pak didn't even try and hang on, after all she hated waiting, and cried out as orgasm hit her, hard.

Gasping with him for a bit it took a second for Pak to follow ran to the shower, and helped him wash his back. She changed into something work appropriate, although she was rather reluctant to go in tonight, but Ran had place to go and people to see so she didn't really have an excuse not to.

Giving him first go at the kitchen she grinned at the top knot. It was cute. Some how the blue hair made it work.

"Bacon? Not fair. What am I supposed to do to follow that up?"

She pouted as she set about making coffee. He'd left it up to her after all and coffee was just less fussy. It brewed cheerfully in the rather fancy coffee maker that she'd been given as a house warming present when she'd moved into the new place. The smell of coffee and bacon wafted through the air and could make even a vampire actually hungry for something other than blood.

After pulling out two plates and silverware Pak perched at the breakfast bar and watched him work his magic.

"If it wasn't for the fact that I really don't want burnt French toast I'd see about getting even with you for the pancakes."
Ran Iyala 10 years ago
Ran chuckled at Pakpao. He pointed to the bedroom they'd vacated. "I'd say that beats bacon any day."

When she said she wanted to get even for the pancakes Ran raised an eyebrow at her.
"Now, how on Earth were the pancakes my fault? I did nothing to make you burn them. That was all you."

He carefully stirred milk and eggs together then began soaking pieces of bread. In the meantime, he sprayed the pan and turned it on low heat. He'd made this for himself before and he had discovered that it cooked much better if you were patient and kept the heat mild, than if you turned it up too high.

Glancing at the clock, Ran sighed softly.
"Too bad you have to go be all responsible and such. Not that I could delay my meeting if I wanted to. When Amir says jump, I jump."

He shrugged at her. He didn't need to keep secret the person he was meeting with; Pakpao knew Amir had been schooling Ran on a regular basis and she didn't need to know this night was any different. He was on edge, though; he hated angering Amir and was hoping to be given a chance to speak his side of the disagreement before being disciplined.
Pakpao 10 years ago
Pak didn't say anything she just smiled knowingly. Being better than bacon was a compliment, or she was going t take it as such at any rate.

"The stove burned them."

She pointed out quite logically. It was the best answer, that way no one took any blame.

Watching as Ran put the egg washed bread in the pan Pak was impressed, he didn't drip all over the place and a new smell was added to their breakfast. The morning meal when she'd been human had never been this fragrant or tempting. It was something you did quickly and went into the fields. She remembered it being a bit different in France, but she'd not eaten much now. It was odd that she'd had to die to appreciate living.

"You can talk me into being irresponsible some other day. I need the practice."

There was always something for Pak to do either for Meridian or the clan or for a few independent clients she had. Work was never in short supply and as much as she loved her work, she was learning to find other things, to make a complete life.

Her brow furrowed at Ran's tone. That didn't sound encouraging.

"No, I can't imagine you can. He seems like the kind of guy you just don't blow off. Are you to going at it tonight?"

Ran had never seemed quite this reluctant to spar with Amir so she was a little concerned and confused, but didn't ask directly.

She made a face, a rather unattractive one.

"I'm supposed to do the same with Bao end of the week. He just won't leave well enough alone."

It still wasn't her favorite thing to do but Pak continued to meet with her creator. And while she couldn't kick just anyone's ass yet she had more to rely on than just vampire speed and strength.
Ran Iyala 10 years ago
Ran gave a little giggle and pointed his spoon at the stove. "Bad," he reprimanded it sternly, for burning pancakes.

When Pak said he could talk her into being irresponsible at some point Ran grinned. "Be careful what you wish for," he warned cheerfully. He put four slices of french toast into the large pan, careful not to make a mess, and then rinsed out the bowl he'd used to soak it and slipped it in the washer.

Pak furrowed her brow and Ran raised an eyebrow, wondering what he'd said that she didn't understand.
"I'd never blow him off," Ran pointed out, reiterating, "in this case I don't want to. But yeah, it's another training session. His second youngest has been judged and found lacking."

Placing his hand over his heart Ran sighed and shook his head, faking remorse.
"He likes to keep us on our toes. And maybe that's why Bao keeps you on your toes. That, or Bao actually wants you to be able to take care of yourself."

Reaching over to Pak, Ran took her chin in his fingers and smiled into her blue eyes.
"Just be happy you're sparring with him and not me. I have some tricks up my sleeve that would make your life very difficult."

He didn't elaborate; Pak didn't know what Ran had in the way of abilities and it wasn't really relevant. He operated under a strict, 'don't ask, don't tell' policy in that regard. Normally, he was 'tell, regardless of who may or may not be offended by the revelation.' But in spite of Bao's opinion Ran was actually capable of silence and subtlety. He might have been viewed as lacking both qualities but he couldn't be in his Order without them, even if he simply chose not to employ them very often.

Turning back to check the toast he said over his shoulder to Pak,
" If you want to try me on some day we can arrange it."
Pakpao 10 years ago
"It can be my birthday wish.”

Pak said flipply. She knew her birthday was soon but like many vampires she didn't know exactly when it was. Not that it mattered, it hadn't been much of a celebration when she was alive and she only barley noted it now. Sort of like Christmas.

She had agreed with Ran, she hadn't expected him to blow Amir off Pak didn't know her 'grandfather' all that well and certainly didn't feel obligated to him in any way shape or form but having met him and gotten to know him a bit, even she wouldn't just skip out on a meeting with the man. It had to be force of personality alone that inspired that kind of respect, maybe some intimidation. Pouring some coffee for the two of them she mulled that over for a bit. Amir seemed to inspire intense loyalty or intense hatred, she wondered if there was any middle ground, people who were rather indifferent about him. She'd probably have to be part of Anantya to know that, and that would never happen.

"I don't suppose that my telling him you're exceeding all expectations and performance goals would help at all?”

She said with rather obvious meaning sipping at her coffee. Ran was too. She'd not expected to find a friend in him, let alone a friend with benefits who was as satisfying to play around with. Somehow though, she doubted Amir would be impressed by that.

"That's his excuse any way, I suppose I see the value in it. I keep going any way.”

if he pushed any harder though, for more time, more practice sessions she'd probably balk.

She grinned. It was an idea she'd heard before, sparing with people other than Bao. Pak had tried it too, Eiryk had showing her a few things, his preferred techniques were so different from what Bao had been teaching her it was astounding. It had also been the first time she'd actually seen beyond the good natured, cheerful, loveable Eiryk she'd come to know so well. The man could be terrifying with a weapon in his hand. Kem and Aishe had also been part of her expanding her knowledge base. She didn't get too intense with any of them, more like a sampling. It was interesting if not quite her idea of fun.

"You're on, at least once. I'm fairly certain I'll come out alive.”

Teasing her with information like that Pak couldn't help but wonder what tricks Ran might have. She'd been learning to use her telekinesis more actively for offense and defense so maybe she could counter them, a bit. Probably not, but they wouldn't know unless they tried. She might actually have to see if Amir had been serious about working with her a bit too, Pak hadn't been able to bring herself to take him up on that since their conversation at Shades. Given Bao's training practices she was rather uneasy about the idea.
Ran Iyala 10 years ago
Ran smiled at Pak's suggestion to tell Amir about his performance review. He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't think it'll have any bearing on the issue one way or another, but thanks for the feedback Bright Eyes."

He tossed her his mischievous grin over his shoulder and checked the french toast, which was slowly turning golden brown on the bottom. Not quite ready to turn over yet though. He flipped the bacon and listened to the satisfying sizzle it made before returning to Pak.

"Bao looks out for you in his own way," Ran said.

In spite of his disagreement with Bao, Ran didn't think Bao didn't have Pak's best interests at heart. He did think, however, that Bao didn't know this woman as well as he thought he did. Or, if he knew her, he quite possibly didn't understand her.

When she agree to spar with him his brows rose.
"Oh yeah? Okay, at least once it is. No holds barred though. You're going to have to deal with me as I am."

Ran's normal style of fighting differed greatly from the simple hand-to-hand he and Bao had toyed with. Amir had taught him to use his abilities to their fullest and being able to both blend and shape change was a huge advantage against an older stronger opponent. He generally faded in and out of sight and used his ability to fly in his other shape to weigh the odds in his favor, too. It wore him out if he did it long enough but to be fair, most fights weren't long ones.

"You'll definitely come out alive. Maybe a tiny bit battered. But I give you leave to return the favor afterwards."

His brows drew together as he gave her a wicked little smile. Ran had no issues with rough play in bed, generally when it was he who was on the receiving end. There was something about a little bit of pain that only heightened each experience. He had never delved much further into his psyche to try and analyze it more than that.
Pakpao 10 years ago
"You let me know if you change your mind." She primly crossed her legs and the ankles and sat up a bit straighter, "I'm very good at writing performance reviews."

She frowned a bit, not -really- sure Bao was looking out for her. Pak didn't protest it as she would have once. Although she might not exactly like her creator, she had come to respect him at least slightly. The act of turning and abandoning her though, that was very hard to forgive, she couldn't quite say she'd managed it yet. It was no longer a grudge though, he'd taken care of her children after the fact, even if he had murdered her husband, and that had bought him some leniency.

"Like I'm part of his collection."

She quipped. It was intended as a joke, and really didn't fully believe what she'd said but Pak did still have a nagging suspicion that that was exactly what she was to Bao.

It wasn't a matter for tonight and she'd dismiss the subject if Ran said anything further.

She nodded at his agreement, quite serious about it.

"I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't learn anything if everyone does the same thing."

Pak would have to admit being -slightly- apprehensive about exactly what that meant. Every vampire had a few tricks up their sleeves, the smart ones learned how to use them and use them well. Ran wasn't dumb. Most of her own talents weren't meant for combat, so it could be tricky.

A slow grin and an glimmer of interest spread across her face when he made an offer. It also made her feel a bit better about getting knocked around.

"I might be willing to take you up on that if you don't do serious damage. Minor.... I'll still feel forgiving though."

Thank god Bao had never made the same offer. That would be, revolting to say the least. Pak couldn't even imagine taking him to bed. Maybe when she'd still been in the trade, maybe before she'd known who he was but not now. Pak felt her stomach twist very uncomfortably as the idea settled in her brain against her will.

"Can I steal a piece of bacon or are you going to make me wait?"

Anything to change the subject and stop thinking about her creator. Blech. Something was clearly wrong with her if she had a sexy man in her place cooking her breakfast and she was thinking about -him-.

"How is Mina?"

There wasn't even a hint of jealousy, Pak was genuinely curious. She'd been about Mina's age, give or take, when she'd been turned but hadn't had nearly the opportunities available to her. Pak wondered how the girl would turn out.
Ran Iyala 10 years ago
Ran smiled and held his hand over the pan with the bacon protectively. "You're going to have to wait like everyone else. Everyone else being me, obviously. It's much better if you eat the bacon with the french toast."

He nodded wisely. "Besides, it's still all wobbly and soft. Don't you want it a little crispy?"

Bacon, like french toast, took time to get right. Ran did flip the toast though, to start cooking the other side of it. The smell was delicious. There was something so very universal about french toast. Everyone loved it.

When Pak asked about Mina Ran beamed.
"She's great. Graduated and all, and looking into getting her very first job."

He frowned slightly when he thought of it, remembering how Bao had reacted toward her. He very much hoped their scuffle wouldn't reflect badly on his familiar. Ran didn't have any connections in the world of law with which to help get Mina a good job; Bao was his only connection and it was hardly a benefit to her. Poor Mina; Ran would have liked to give her a hand in that regard. He lifted his shoulders at Pak though after a brief pause.

"I worry. I wish I could help her out a bit more there, but he law world isn't my turf and Bao probably won't be much help."

Pak knew Ran and Bao weren't the best of friends.
"Something will turn up though. She's a bright woman." He smiled at her. "Thanks for asking after her."

Pak seemed to understand the relationship he had with Mina had no bearing on his relationship with Pak. They were two completely different ties. Ran would consider Mina a friend as well, but Pak was a friend and an equal... Mina was not Ran's equal. She was under his protection, in his thrall, and pretty much at his beck and call. Very different. Ran worried less about Pak, really... she was a grown woman and a vampire and could very well take care of herself. She didn't need to crawl under Ran's wing for shelter.
Pakpao 10 years ago
Pak gave him a fairly dubious look about the bacon being better with the French toast, it sounded really very good right now. His soft and wobbly comment made her raise an eyebrow but Pak decided not to make the obvious comment about disliking things soft. She just smiled at him and did her best to look innocent and chaste.

"That is good news. Now is it just her under grad or law school?"

If it was just her under graduate degree hooking up with Ran was probably very fortunate. Law school was difficult to get into and expensive besides, Ran would certainly be some help there. Although from the sound of it she wasn't getting a free ride just because she was cuddly and delicious. Pak actually approved. A familiar was, or should be to her mind, useful beyond the obvious, a mindless human was very little good to them. Skills and talents should be encouraged and developed and it might be nice for Ran to have a lawyer.

Not that Anantya wasn't up to their eyeballs in them, some with centuries of experience behind them. The other thing to consider was that Ran might not always have Mina as a familiar, she had to be able to take care of herself some day.

Noting the pause Pak waited and knew that something was bothering Ran. When Bao's name came up again she wasn't overly surprised.

"Maybe not helpful but I wouldn't have thought he'd exactly be an problem. She'll be fine I'm sure."

Ordinarily Pak would have offered to ask around if something in Meridian would suit Mina, but it seemed odd to have an Anantya familiar working for an Evenhet business interest. She'd check with Kem before she offered. If it was acceptable then she'd let Ran know.

"Well of course. She seemed nice. I'm glad you're looking out for her."

At first the idea of a familiar who was so into Ran was disturbing to Pak. It bothered her that Mina couldn't do anything but feel like that for him. But she'd watched how Ran cared for her and understood it wasn't his fault that Mina's bond had formed that way. Like most things it had the potential to be a very dangerous, very bad thing, a vampire could easily exploit and abuse a bond like that but if the vampire were understanding and reasonable then there was a benefit for both of them.
Ran Iyala 10 years ago
"Undergrad," Ran said to Pak, happy to continue talking about his familiar. Even though they hadn't known each other long, Ran was proud of her. She was a sweet girl, knew what she wanted, and how to go after it. She had a bit of a wild streak, which was what had drawn him to her at the HoP, and it might have gotten her in trouble without his intervention. Some might argue that he hadn't had to subvert her will to do so, but hey, a vampire does what a vampire can.

They chatted amiably about Mina and Ran nodded when Pak said she was glad he was there for the human. Ran was glad, too.
"She's already going to be going to law school this fall," he said, "on loans. But she won't be taking out any more of them and I've already repaid the ones she had."

Ran had learned from Amir to take proper care of his familiar, and he would have done so anyway. He had more money than he needed, having utilized the same accountant Amir did. His Creator provided for all of his offspring, save one, and they were all very well off as a result of wise investing.

"Jacob has been taken care of, too," he said. "A Clanmate of mine has taken him under her wing. She needed an accountant and she didn't have a familiar, and they met and really seem to have hit it off."

Ran had seen Jacob a lot less since Akahana had gotten her gorgeous hands on him but what he had seen of Jacob was incredible. The young man was dressed a lot differently - a lot more fashionably. And he had practically seemed to radiate happiness.

Ran took the food off the stove when it appeared to be finished and slid two slices of french toast on each plate as well as three slices of bacon. Then he handed a plate to Pak and took one for himself and went to sit next to her after retrieving some maple syrup from the pantry. He drizzled a little over his breakfast and then handed it to her.

"Mmm. Nothing like a good healthy breakfast right before getting my ass kicked," he said. He raised his coffee mug to Pak in a little toast.
Pakpao 10 years ago
Pak was a tiny bit jealous of Mina. Not of her relationship with Ran though, they weren't comparable, apples and oranges. If Pak had any inclination that Ran might be 'the one' she might be, but as things stood Pak didn't have any romantic feelings toward Ran. He was rather like Kem if she could ever bring herself to even think about sleeping with Kem. What Pak was jealous of was the idea of someone looking out for her early on in life, of the help and support and the opportunities that came with it. There was, however, no point in dwelling on it.

She nodded, pleased that Ran was taking such good care of the girl. Not that Pak doubted he would, but it still made her feel better to hear it. She wasn't too surprised to hear about Jacob, although, it also made her giggle a bit.

"What are you going to do the next time you go to the HoP? You can't adopt everyone.”
Familiar hording; it could be a new TV show. She was, however, teasing. It would be terribly irresponsible to do such a thing, not good for Ran and not good for the humans involved either.

Pak Nibbled daintily at her bacon, which apparently she couldn't wait any longer for, as Ran put a bit of syrup on his French toast and then setting it down to do the same for herself she felt rather content right then. She'd give Mara points for guessing that Ran would wind up being a good friend. There was something very satisfying sharing a breakfast, that neither of them -needed-, with someone. It made a much better start to the day than going straight into work. She contentedly returned his little toast.

"The carbs will help you regenerate? Maybe?”

She tried to think of something positive and supportive to say but didn't have much to work with. It was the thought that counted though.

Trying the French toast she hummed happily at the flavor and texture; creamy and spicy, warm and toasty. It was a little bit of magic.

"Much better than the pancakes. I'll have to step up my next attempt.”

She congratulated him.

"He isn't going to go too hard on you is he?”

Pak wasn't exactly concerned, not like she would be if a human were doing something dangerous. Ran could recover from most things and Amir might play rough, but he also seemed to be, from what she'd heard, somewhat responsible and didn't flat out try and kill people he was training. The idea of going from a cozy breakfast to an ass kicking was a little disconcerting for her was all.
Ran Iyala 10 years ago
Ran smiled at Pak when she asked about going to the House of Pain. He shrugged at her. "One is my limit, but it doesn't mean I can't keep trying to find appropriate homes for familiar-worthy material."

If he found any again; Mina and Jacob he'd taken a liking to immediately. He wasn't sure why. Possibly because they both exuded an air that was both wild and naive at the same time. Jacob was more the follower and Mina the leader, although Ran didn't think Jacob's tastes were tame by comparison or anything.

As they began to eat Pak complimented his cooking and he beamed at her.
"Well I thought the pancakes were the stove's fault, not yours. So your next attempt is bound to be wonderful. Just kick the stove a few times to keep it in line. How about eggs benedict or something?"

It was definitely Pak's turn to make breakfast next. Ran was amused at the idea of a 'next.' Not that he did one-night stands exclusively, but he also didn't really tend to form long-term attachments. Maybe someday he would but for now he was giving Pak about as much as he was willing to give anyone.

She asked about Amir and Ran waved his hand.
"No, no he's not. Amir is a tough trainer but he's not unreasonable. He never has been. He's trained us well and he's right; I've been slacking the past few decades. The world isn't exactly how it used to be. We don't rely on physical force every single day. He doesn't want us to lose our edge though, and I should probably act more appreciative."

Then he grinned and shrugged again.
"But I can't. I think it's my mission in life to heckle my Creator."

He dipped a bit of bacon in the syrup and ate it happily.
"If it makes you feel any better though you're welcome to rub all the soreness out tomorrow night. Tonight, I promised to take Mina out."

He was trying to split his time between Pak and Mina, but if Pak wanted to spend more time with Mina that was fine with him. His little familiar was a lot of fun to hang out with, as was her cousin.
Pakpao 10 years ago
Laughing Pak shook her head a bit. She couldn't decide if Ran was trying to protect humanity from the bad vampires or if he just liked shopping. Knowing Ran it was easy to give him the benefit of the doubt. Even she, who was leery about familiars, had walked out of the House Of Pain a little worried about Jacob and Mina. They let any one in that place and some of them walked out worse for wear, Pak wondered if there weren't some that didn't walk out at all.

Ran was cute when he beamed like that, just adorable. There was probably something wrong with her that she wasn't head over heels in love with him. But he'd been very clear about where he was on the relationship front and Pak had been good with that. It had taken a great deal of pressure off her as well. Although the pressure was entirely self imposed Pak no longer felt nearly as compelled to find a romantic relationship, she didn't feel like the only single at the end of a long line of couples. She still was of course, they weren't an item, but it was less lonely this way.

Of course, her new attitude was starting to frustrate Blaise. Pak wasn't completely obtuse, she knew that Blaise was hoping for more from her but she didn't want that, not with him. It was considerably easier to see that the relationship, such as it was, was completely and utterly wrong. She wasn't attracted to him, she didn't miss him when he was gone and nothing was going to change that. He kept trying though, and he gave no signs of being willing to accept a friendly arrangements either totally platonic or like she and Ran had. She was going to have to put an end to it.

"Well to hear Bao talk it is very important not to lose that edge. You never know when all hell will break out and you'll have to fight off sentient robots with your bare hands."

Although she was willing to learn and did understand some value it in, Pak simply didn't have the same urgency of level of commitment Bao had.

"You should record this heckling and let me see it. I wouldn't recommend YouTube but I would kill to be a fly on the wall when someone gave Amir a hard time."

Pak had, on occasion, she'd been snarky any way, and it hadn't gone well. She was curious about how Amir would deal with teasing. Even though she had a very good imagination, that she simply couldn't conceive of.

"Two women massaging away all your aches and pains? If I said yes you'd probably be a lot more cheerful about getting the tar beaten out of you."

Pak couldn't help but laugh at the idea, but she also wasn't opposed to sharing and told Ran as much.

"If things don't get completely out of hand I'll come help. If not I'll just have to wait for my turn."

Pak had three high level meetings in the next two evenings, including one with the VP and he could be terribly long winded. She might be up until early morning both times. She might be the one wanting Ran to work out all the knots and sore places.
Ran Iyala 10 years ago
Ran nodded enthusiastically at Pak. "Sentient robots could happen any time, and hand-to-hand combat is the original fighting style. So I could see that being a possibility."

He was perfectly willing to engage in silliness with Pak. She was much better at it than Bao or Mara, really. When she further added that she would kill to see him picking at Amir, Ran laughed.

"Just hang out with your family more often," he pointed out. "Giving Amir a hard time is what I do." Ran drew himself up proudly. "It's kind of my life's work."

There was a grain of truth to what he said. Since arriving in Nachton, seeing the changes in Amir, and talking to both his Creator and Mara, Ran understood that Amir had turned the vampires he had for specific reasons, mostly having to do with his fear of losing his own personality. Mara was his memory and his guide. Bao was his logic, his calculation. Ran was his sense of humor. Ran was perfectly comfortable in that role, and he suspected it was why he was still alive today in spite of his many creative uses for durian.

Pak agreed to possibly come help soothe the aches and pains of a session with said Creator and Ran smiled at her. She seemed to accept Mina's role in his life without many questions and Ran liked that. He wasn't trying to dishonor anyone, but he wasn't going to turn Mina aside. Nor was he going to deny himself the pleasure of a companion who shared a similar heritage with him.

"I may take you up on it. Or, I might just give you a full-body massage instead. It's relaxing for everyone."

However they spent their time, Ran would enjoy it. Pak was a good friend to have and they were clearly both enjoying the 'benefits' part of the arrangement. As long as no one's heart was engaged it was fine. Ran would draw the line at anything more emotionally involved with anyone but Mina, who had no choice in the matter.

He swiped another piece of bacon through the maple syrup on his plate and ate it, then picked up his plate, rinsed it, and put it into the washer. He glanced at the nearest clock. It hadn't been long enough yet that the sun was down. Hooray for summer. Raising an eyebrow at Pak he said,
"Oh look at the time. Too damn bad I can't quite leave the Towers yet."
Pakpao 10 years ago
"But is a robot going to be taken off guard by a punch in its throat? Do robots even have throats? Shouldn't Amir be teaching you how to use lazar guns or something like that?”

Pak countered, quite seriously, as she speared another piece of French toast and popped it in her mouth chewing slowly to savor the taste. So far of all of the vampires she'd met that Amir created, save Kem who didn't really count, Ran had the best sense of humor. It was so much easier and more rewarding to play with him that with Bao. She'd swear he didn't get her jokes half the time.
She chuffed softly at the idea that she should spend more time with her family. Pak still couldn't quite bring herself to think of these people as family. Bao had abandoned her, or lost her depending on whose story you believed. There were ties there, but they weren't nearly as deep as the ones she had to Kem and Aishe or even Eiryk and Alex. She wasn't sure they were family, yet. Maybe at some point they would be though.

Even so she teased him with a bring smile, happy to both encourage him and play along.

"I'm sure you're the best at it too. All those years to perfect the skill I'd be disappointed if you were only mildly annoying.”

Amir certainly had surrounded himself with an eclectic group. Pak was curious about any other vampires he created, how they fit into the puzzle. She also occasionally wondered if maybe she wasn't a remaindered that Bao wasn't a golden child. Ditching a newly turned vampire in the middle of rural Siam had to be massive strikes against a person, but she never brought it up and neither did Bao.

"That sounds incredibly tempting and worth sitting through a few meetings for. I could be talked into that as long as you're sure Mina can help you recover from being trashed tonight.”

Mina undoubtedly had a certain skill set but she was also young and some things she probably hadn't learned yet. Pak wasn't a massage therapist but she had learned a few things and would be happy to show the young woman. Of course, she'd probably discreetly leave before day break too. While Pak didn't mind, and occasionally enjoyed, a threesome she didn't want to impose upon the bond Ran and Mina shared and she wasn't 100% certain Mina would be agreeable or if she would only be agreeing because Ran agreed (assuming he would).

The finished their meal about the same time and Pak rinsed her dish and put it in the washer as well. The pan would wait a bit, she wasn't worried about it. Although tidy she wasn't obsessive about things. She pressed her lips together in an attempt not to laugh at Ran.

"If I'm going to be late, I'll need a really good excuse.”

She wouldn't be late to the meeting, which was set for after dark. She'd just be in the office a bit later than usual, Pak was okay with that. She was working on being slightly irresponsible on occasion after all.
Ran Iyala 10 years ago
"I could totally throat punch a robot," Ran said, doing his best throat punch demonstration. "No hostile robotic take overs here."

He grinned at Pak, glad she liked to play around as much as she did. Ran didn't like to be serious if there were other options available. When she brought up his heckling skills he puffed himself up proudly.

"Well never do something halfway," he pointed out. "If you're going to learn a language, may as well learn them all. If you're going to be irritating to your Creator, may as well learn how to push every single one of his buttons and then find a few no one knew he had."

He polished his knuckles against the front of his shirt modestly, raising them up and blowing an imaginary speck of dust from his fingertips.
"It's a talent," he said.

He nodded when Pak said she could be talked into the massage.
"I have lots of talents," he said with feigned innocence. "I'd be happy to demonstrate them for you."

She definitely got where he was going; Ran grabbed Pak's hand and drew her back into the bedroom. When she said she'd need a good excuse he grinned over his shoulder at her.
"No better excuse than having really raunchy, mind-blowing sex."

Not in Ran's mind, anyway. Not that he'd make that excuse to Amir, but then, he didn't plan on being late. He might be flaky about most meeting times but with his Creator... well, one did not simply walk into a meeting with Amir half an hour after one was supposed to be there.

That was neither here nor there though. Ran had time to spend a little more of it with Pak, and he was going to spend it making sure she went into work looking as thoroughly fucked as possible.

That's what friends were for, right?

((ooc: Ran out, pending response))