A Colorful Sight (attn: Pak)

Kem was on his way into Liefde before spending a few hours working. Technically it was his night off but who was he kidding? He didn't actually take nights off anymore. Not really. He'd been forced to hire someone to help him out in the archives since Clan business took up more time than he'd thought possible but he still did a good deal of it himself; he'd spent years building a name and a reputation in that area and there were some things he had to put his own name on. Otherwise, many of the day-to-day matters downstairs now fell to the new hire.

Tonight, though, he was on his way to see Aishe before heading down to the archives, where he still had his office. She had wanted to talk to him about something and she was currently in Cris's office. So Kem came out of the parking garage and headed into Liefde, not Meridian, but stopped at the very very interesting sight of Pak, clad in red and black leather, being gently, tenderly kissed by one of the most colorful people Kem had seen in a very long time.

He was of average height, dressed in an outfit Kem could hardly describe, with brightly-colored spiked hair in some sort of gothic or emo or punk (or possibly a mix of all three) style. As the man turned away Kem could tell it was sparkly, as was the makeup on his face. he gave Kem a cheery nod as he walked off. He appeared young, in his early 20's, and had an almost Asian cast to his features but not quite, like he was a mongrel with some Asian ancestry.

Kem tried to pick his jaw up from the ground. He was facing Pak so he didn't need to catch her attention. Instead, he speechlessly pointed at the man's retreating back and then gestured to Pak, as if to say, 'so?' Or, 'where did this social life come from?' Or, 'Was that his real hair?' Or maybe even, 'Did you just finish a date from a member of the cast of Cirque?'

He left Pak to interpret it as she liked.

Pakpao 11 years ago
Usually Pak's nights at the HoP were all business. She hunted and disappeared. She didn't make use of the back rooms or get too involved with the humans there. Once in a while she'd coax someone, who probably shouldn't have been in there in the first place out or give them her number if she thought they might work for a job she knew she had open but for the most part it was dinner not a hang out. If she wanted to unwind she'd hang out at Shades or a few other places in Nachton she'd found. Ran had reminded her that it could be fun too, and she'd quite enjoyed herself and his company.

Although he wasn't a -perfect- gentleman he was polite and respectful. She hoped he'd get over that. It might be just a crush, just a fling but it was one she wanted to try out. Pak was forced to concede that her little crush was growing. It might be friendship rather than love, it was far too early to tell, but friends could share all sorts of... activities.

It was a very sweet kiss and one that left her wanting more, but Pak had promised herself she wouldn't be throwing herself at Ran or doing anything to look desperate. She wanted to get to know him better first, both for himself and because of the possible complications of Mara, Amir and Bao. She didn't want to hurt family.

As he left and Pak turned to go in she saw Kem and grinned a little self-consciously, although whether it was how she was dressed or the fact that he'd 'caught' her with a guy Pak wasn't sure. She answered his look with a shrug of her shoulders as she reached up to take her pony tail down. Leaving her hair loose covered her back and shoulders and left her feeling and look a bit less exposed.

"I know, the glitter is kind of nuts but it works for him.”

Was all she said. Let Kem ask for more information about this little encounter. She wouldn't hide or lie. Well she might fudge the truth a bit about Ran and Amir's connection and she'd certainly being leaving Mara out of the story.
Kem`Raaisu 11 years ago
Kem spread his arms out from his sides. Normally he was the first to know (or one of the first) when Pak was doing something new or seeing someone new. Now he flapped his long arms ineffectively.

"You weren't going to say anything? Come on. I tell you everything. Like, I'm wearing boxers with kittens on them right now. Really!"

He pulled his shirt and jacket up and slid the waist of his jeans down, displaying green cotton with a pattern of tiny blue kittens. Raising his eyebrows at Pak, he said,
"Aishe told me they were irresistible. There might have been something in there about never saying no to a man with kitten boxers."

He pulled his clothing back into place and gestured down the street.
"So who is he? Is this a long term thing? Are you going to go all goth on me? Did you know you have glitter on your face?"

He grinned at Pak shamelessly. She did have a tendency to have to know all about what was going on with him, so it was fun to return the favor now. Remembering something from last week, too, he held up a finger thoughtfully.

"Wait a minute. Weren't you seeing some other guy, too?"

He tilted his head curiously at her. Pak was usually so anti-social. It was nice to see her getting out and around, meeting people, going places. It could only do her good, really. Yes, she might get hurt now and then but that was how you grew.
He followed Pak through the doors into the Liefde lobby, fully intending to accompany her up to her place until he had the whole scoop. He wasn't her 'big brother' for nothing, after all. Or, he supposed, uncle, although the less said or thought about Amir Rashid the better.
Pakpao 11 years ago
Pak coughed to cover a laugh as Kem did his best to imitate a crane, but failed to get air born. He really was cute when he was flustered. She didn't feel bad about this, after all she wasn't keeping it from him she had just run into Ran tonight and... wait. Kitten boxers? She looked and sure enough, kitten boxers. That time she did laugh.

"Does she only not say no when you're wearing them or does the mere fact that you are butch enough to own them get you a guarantee?”

She was in a good mood and that seemed to be trumping her usual 'ick' factor when it came to thinking about Kem and Aishe. They were both healthy and attractive and she wasn't a prude but the idea of Kem in that position usually made Pak twitch a bit. It wasn't her favorite thing to think about, but tonight she was actually teasing him along those lines.

"Do I?”

[i]Wiping at her face a bit she looked at her hand and there was indeed glitter there. She knew she didn't have it all off her face, a couple of wipes only spread it from one hand to the other so Pak just gave up and figured she'd take care of it later. Glitter got everywhere and she was sure it didn't take much of Kem's imagination to figure out how it got there.

"I was hungry... I went to the House of Pain.” That explained the fashion thing and took any worry out of the goth thing right off the bat.i] "I honestly don't know if it is a long term thing or even a thing. His name is Ran... he's been doing the cooking classes with me... we just happened to run into each other tonight. It was...”

Pak paused and gave Kem a little bit of a sly smile.

"It was fun. He isn't a bad dancer.”

The next bit Pak carefully weighed before adding. She knew Amir was more than a sore spot for Kem and hated to bring him up. She also couldn't even imagine his reaction to seeing Mara again. Pak -hated- keeping secrets from Kem. -Really- hated it and she hated mentioning Amir to him, but in this case obliquely referencing Amir was the lesser of two evils.

"He's my 'uncle' actually.”

The other guy. Oh yeah. Well that was different. At least it was to Pak. Blaise was nice and he was rather entertaining but she hadn't warmed up to him as fast as she had Ran. They were still getting to know each other and Pak could be very slow about that sort of thing.

"I'm actually supposed to meet Blaise again tomorrow night.”

And now she sounded like a cheap hooker. Which, of course, was all wrong. When she'd ended her 'career' Pak had been extremely expensive.
Kem`Raaisu 11 years ago
Kem snorted. "I think she only gave me that line because she bought them for me and wanted to have a reason to wear them." He shrugged helplessly. "It worked."

He watched Pak try to get the glitter off of her face with no success. Shaking his head, he laughed when she called GlitterBoy a good dancer.
"Not that he needs to be. I imagine in that outfit it doesn't matter how he moves; he's going to get plenty of attention."

Pak explained how she knew the man with the blue hair.
"Ah, so he's a fellow cook who also goes to the House of Pain?" Kem was interested. Was Pak making a new vampiric friend, or was she interested in making Ran a snack? Her next words caused him to do a double take and he nearly walked straight into the closed elevator door.

"It would be advisable to wait until the doors open before you attempt to enter the elevator, Elder,"
MARI said helpfully.

Kem ignored her, staring at Pak.
"He's I'm sorry, what?"

Ran was her 'uncle?' She was out there kissing one of Amir's... brood? What did one call them anyway? Gang? Posse? Things? He didn't for a moment count himself among them. He didn't want to know any of his 'siblings,' much less like them. He realized how irrational that sounded, even to himself, and shook his head as he realized Pak had continued on to talk about Man Number Two, Blaise.

The elevator doors finally opened.

"Now would be an excellent time to enter the elevator,"
MARI said.

Getting in with a brief eye-roll at MARI, who he suspected might be picking up way too much 'Cris', Kem looked at Pak. "So you're telling me Amir turned Ran too?"

He slumped against the wall and jammed his hands in his pockets.
"I didn't think Amir was the type to go for glitter," he grumbled as they began to rise. His stomach did its usual 'I hate heights' flip-flop but this time he couldn't be entirely sure that was the reason.
Pakpao 11 years ago
"Let me know when she convinces you to wear culottes. I'd pay to see that.”

Pak rolled her eyes. Men. Of course she meant that in a loving way, at least when it came to Kem. They all did have some similarities. Except, perhaps, for Bao. As near as Pak could tell he was actually a robot. But that was another story.

"Oddly enough, he did get a lot of attention. Including mine. But it worked out quite nicely.”

She nodded at his comment about the cook and the HoP and might have said something when Kem hit the doors. Pack cringed on his behalf. That was going to leave a mark, for a few minutes any way.

"Thank you MARI.”

Pak answered the AI absently as her stomach twisted a bit guiltily. If Kem reacted like this to her hanging out with one of Amir's creations there was no way in -hell- she was going to tell him his biological daughter had thought they'd hit it off. Pak was sure Kem would never forgive her for keeping that secret, but she was doing it for Mara, who was a friend too. Oh this was going to get messy. She'd have to bring this up with Mara the next time they talked. She couldn't handle this much longer. Kem was very probably the most important person in the world to her and the one person who's good opinion she truly valued, this was starting to feel like a betrayal and she didn't want to damage their friendship.

She and Kem shared many things, a bond, an odd sense of humor, a similar past and a family tree. Amir had turned Bao who had turned her. Amir had turned Kem. In both cases the men in question had done beyond a piss poor job of it. Pak, however, had formed something of a relationship with Bao. Kem had not gone down that road, and Pak didn't even think he was wrong. Kem had a right to be angry.

"Yeah... that's what I'm saying. He doesn't -quite- fit the mold though...”

No he didn't seem like the sort of man Amir would turn, she could only imagine he and Bao rubbed each other the wrong way constantly, Mara seemed to be the one he rather clicked with. Although, to his credit, there was more to Amir than met the eye. Pak had found that out, but she didn't defend Amir to Kem either. She would, however, defend Ran.

"He's very nice. Has a hell of a lot more personality than Bao. He doesn't even make fun of my cooking. Well not seriously any way.”

He made fun of it and teased her like Kem would. In a good natured but not truly critical way.
Kem`Raaisu 11 years ago
Kem stared at Pakpao as she defended this Ran to him. He felt the initial shock wear off. Rationality set back in and he knew it was silly to hold the man's Creator against him.

Snorting quietly, he said,
"Did they even use a mold to make him? He seems sort of... mold defying. In general."

Pak clearly liked the guy, though, so Kem listened to her without further comment. When she was finished he smiled crookedly.
"Okay, he doesn't seem like a psychotic serial killer. How did you meet him? And how did the topic of his Creator come up? I mean.. it doesn't really seem like he and Bao are tight. Maybe they are, but... glitter."

Kem thought it would be easy for Bao to introduce one of Amir's other vampires to Pak, but somehow he didn't think Pak's Creator was that open-minded. She must have met him elsewhere.

"I didn't think the blue-haired spikes were your thing either. Are you going to see him again? He seemed interested enough in you."

Kem tried to picture himself sharing a kiss with Bao, or another vampire Amir had made, and failed miserably. But that had nothing to do with imagined ties of family and everything to do with not liking the man who had made them. Pak had good judgment. If she liked Ran, he couldn't be that bad.
Pakpao 11 years ago
Pak relaxed as Kem snorted. She knew he wasn't unreasonable or overly biased the idea that Ran was one of Amir's creation had undoubtedly come as a shock. There really hadn't been a good way to say it but it had made sense to tell him now rather than spring it on him later.

"I'm pretty sure he was made out of play-dough. Maybe that barbershop set... I'm not sure how else to explain the hair."

It was Pak's turn to snort as Kem rather reluctantly settled down and more or less gave Ran the benefit of the doubt.

She was startled by the question of how they'd met and found out they were part of the same blood line. Fortunately, the idea of Bao and glitter startled her into a laugh and distracted her enough to give her a chance to come up with an answer that wasn't a lie and flowed easily, with out any tension or suspicion flowing through their bond.

"A mutual acquaintance introduced us. They thought we might hit it off."

It was easy enough to leave out that the acquaintance was Mara.

"Honestly I don't know how the blue hair and the glitter fits in with the rest of them. It seems so... out of character. I'm sure it has to tick some of them off."

Undoubtedly it wasn't just Bao in Anantya that found Ran's flashy style irritating and unbecoming a vampire or whatever it was that that stuffy lot would say. She might have made friends with a number of that clan but Pak wasn't even considering converting. Evenhet was her home.

Make a bit of a face Pak answered as best she could.

"Blue hair isn't usually my thing, no... but he really is just so energetic and engaging and interesting... and hot. That it sort of stops mattering. Besides, it looks good on him."

Pak said with a shrug. The next bit she answered more quietly, almost shyly.

"If he asks... yeah. I'd like to see him again. Maybe even more of him."

There wasn't much doubt about her meaning there. Of course, if Ran wanted she'd be happy with just friends but she'd like to try something else.

"If nothing else we having finished the cooking class. Do I get your blessing?" She teased. "Or does he have to come meet you and ask permission first?"

Pak was grinning broadly as she said that. She was being a little obnoxious but it was all in fun.
Kem`Raaisu 11 years ago
Kem raised his eyebrows. "Wow, a set-up, even? You are getting adventurous!"

As the elevator went up and up there wasn't any denying the feelings Pak felt. She was attracted to this Ran person, and she really did believe he was all of these things. It wasn't for him to question that, even as ill-advised as it seemed. Still, he allowed himself a little worry, his concern spreading across their bond, not a bad thing, but more of a loving protectiveness.

Pak said she'd see him again, more intimately, and Kem nodded. He wouldn't tease her, and the idea of her hooking up with someone didn't phase him in any way. Rather, he was pleased that she was getting out and doing things. There had been times in the last few years that she had worried him.

"Hmm," he mused when she asked if she needed permission. "I suppose it couldn't hurt to swing by with him sometime, so I can size him up..."

He broke off as he realized what he was saying. He'd only meant to tease a little bit, but this Ran was one of Amir's also. Kem crossed his arms, leaned back against the side of the elevator, and shook his head angrily at himself.

"Then again maybe not."

There could only come bad things from any close association with a vampire of Amir's. Kem wanted to hate him so very badly and it still grated on him that he couldn't, because to hate him for turning him would be to hate the friends he'd made and the life he had, the woman he loved. He couldn't hate any of them.

But he wouldn't, couldn't, like the man who called himself Kem's Creator. Even though when they'd first met he had thought Amir was a decent sort. Everything had changed. And it wouldn't be the same again.
Pakpao 11 years ago
Pak laughed again.

"I don't know if it was a set up or if we both needed a friend. He's new in Nachton."

It wasn't hard to feel Kem's protectiveness. It was sort of like a warm blanket and it was something Pak had quickly come to find very reassuring and comforting. She could only assume that Kem's bond with Aishe must offer him the same warmth and stability. She very much hoped it did.

Pak grinned as Kem did his best 'dad/older brother' protective imitation. Pak was prepared to banter in this manner for a while and ask him about shotguns and the like but his mood changed suddenly. She hated seeing Kem so conflicted like this. When they had first met, it had been more common, but she'd gotten used to a calmer, stronger more confidant Kem. It was something she liked, it really became him.

Without hesitation she crossed to him and lightly wrapped her arms around his waist and her head on his chest.

"Its OK pêe chaai. I won't see him again. It will be fine."

Oddly enough Pak thought Ran might understand, if he didn't, Mara would. You did things for family. Things that might not be your first choice, but that were right. If her being involved, even casually, with Ran was going to upset Kem this much just because of a shared creator, then it was done. Inflicting pain on Kem wasn't an option. She'd cut ties with Bao too if need be.

There was no regret, no hesitation, no resentment or sorrow in their bond. Simply love, support and acceptance.

"I will still go to The House of Pain though." She teased him. "A girl has got to eat and I can't afford to keep eating out."

Kem would get the joke. He knew she had a soft spot for working girls and supported them in her own odd way. He'd also know eating out now and then wasn't going to break her in this century. Pak was trying to lighten the mood and it was this or tell him she'd gotten glitter all over his shirt.
Kem`Raaisu 11 years ago
When Pak crossed the elevator and hugged him, Kem uncrossed his arms and hugged her back, surprised. Pak wasn't usually given to outward displays of affection like this. Her words had him pushing her gently away so that he could look down at her, immediately feeling bad for giving her guilt, even unintentionally.

"Pak, no, senet," he said, a rueful smile on his face. "I don't want you to stop seeing him if he's as much fun as you say. Besides, if my own history is any indication then it surely isn't his fault he's a vampire. You should see him again. And I would like to meet him... maybe it would do me good."

He wasn't sure even he believed that, but there was a part of him that wondered if it might not be true. Should he really distrust any vampire Amir had made just because of his dislike for Amir? No, that wasn't rational and it wasn't fair. After all Amir had made him, and he liked to think he wasn't a bad sort.

"I shouldn't have gotten that way," he said. His silvery hair hung down, normally obscuring his face, but Pak was in a position where she could see his soft, slightly sheepish smile. He lifted one shoulder. "You'll have to forgive me the knee-jerk reaction. I'm working on it. And you should see this man, if he makes you happy."

He had felt the love across the bond they shared and he returned it, with no judgment in his tone or his emotions. Just the same return of support and caring that made them family. It had nothing to do with who had made her, or who had made him, and everything to do with having recognized each other as kindred spirits years ago and developing that into the closeness they shared now. Pak's happiness was as important to him as Aishe's and while he loved her differently, he loved her no less.
Pakpao 11 years ago
Pak looked up, and up, at Kem frowning for a second as she tried to determine if he was certain or if he was just saying what he thought he should. It was hard to tell from his face, but where as she might have asked earlier in their relationship, now Pak thought she knew Kem well enough to know when he was serious. Even if she hadn't been sure she could trust their bond. He might not be sure about it, but he did mean it.

"OK. Maybe you'll get to run into him at some point but I won't hold you too that."

Privately Pak thought that Ran would be a good start, but she wouldn't push. He'd met Bao and Pak wasn't sure Kem liked him. In all fairness though, Bao was hard to like. Once you got to know him you could respect him, but like was harder. If Kem could meet and maybe like Ran, it might help when he met Mara. Pak wasn't sure how that would work, but it might.

She grinned up at him, not offended by his initial reaction, and slightly jealous of his hair. This was good, this was more like her Kem. Honestly, if Aishe hadn't met him first Pak might have given her a run for her money. Now, however, they were too firmly invested in a friendship for her to even really think along those lines. It really would have been like sleeping with her brother. Still, even a sister could think their brother was cute now and then.

"I think that you're entitled and lord knows you saw me through mine."

Kem, Aishe too, had been beyond supportive as Pak had wrestled with the idea of her creator, getting to know him and seriously mixed feelings regarding him. What she'd done to deserve such friends Pak wasn't sure, but she wasn't going to give them up any time soon.

"I'm glad I have your blessing though, even if all we do is cook."

She teased him. He was trying, and learning and doing wrestling of his own. It was probably worse since he'd gotten to know Amir a bit before finding out who Amir was. There would be, at least if she were in Kem's shoes, an additional sense of betrayal and make anything to do with Amir more difficult.

"You get a gold star for not suddenly touting my human date. That... or... glitter."

Pak bit back a laugh as she looked at the glitter transfer from her to Kem's shirt. That was going to be a great look for him tonight.
Kem`Raaisu 11 years ago
Kem smiled down at Pak. The elevator slowed down and came to a smooth stop and the doors opened. MARI's face flickered into view.

"You may exit the lift," she said, looking directly at Kem. He just laughed.

Giving Pak a squeeze before letting her go and stepping out into the hallway,
Kem shook his head. "I don't know that you necessarily have my blessing," he pointed out, "but I will do my best not to randomly smack him in the face without any more provocation other than his heritage, which isn't his fault."

He considered that, then added,
"Unless he deserves to be smacked in the face, in which case I'd like to be first in line. But that sort of goes for any guy you date, vampire or human or otherwise."

Looking down to see his shirt was, indeed, much more sparkly than he would have guessed, he gave a little sigh.
"Oh well. I guess some of us do sparkle after all. At least it was blue glitter. Definitely my color."

He shrugged wryly; what else could he do? Pak seemed happy, that made him happy. It didn't matter how they got there.
"Just don't put your eye out on the spiked hair. That'll be a bitch to regenerate."
Pakpao 11 years ago
They left the elevator and Pak looked at Kem very suspiciously, raising one eyebrow.

"You're not going to sit out in front of the Towers with a shot gun or anything around you?"

As soon as Kem got over his little hiccup and went back to being in a decent mood Pak was happy. It was that easy, Kem was happy, she was happy. OK it wasn't always that easy but it did help a lot. She didn't even defend Ran, or Blaise, or any other potential date. The idea of some one having her back as she experimented with a relationship here and there was a good one.

The idea of not isolating herself, of depending on her friends for help here and there had been a hard lesson and not easily learned. Pak still wasn't the best at embracing it, but it was coming easier to her.

She snorted at Kem's comment and it earned him one of her better eye rolls.

"Wanna try it out in the sun?"

She batted her eyelashes innocently at him and the absurd suggestion.

"But I'd get to wear an eye patch until it did heal. That might be fun."

Pak did wonder exactly how much gel and other product Ran had to use to get his hair to spike like that. Now that she thought about it, he probably spent more time on his hair than she did. Who was she to judge though? The results were good.
Kem`Raaisu 11 years ago
"No, although that's a tempting idea. Just for the fun of it," Kem said thoughtfully.

They traveled along the hall toward Pak's apartment. Kem laughed softly and shook his head when Pak asked if he wanted to try being sparkly in the sunlight.
"No thanks. I'll leave that to the cheesy Twilight vampires. Sparkles," he scoffed. "I can't even decide if those movies count as horrible 'B' movies for my collection. Even if they did I wouldn't want them. Ugh, don't get me started."

As she always did, Pak bantered back with him. This was how they normally related to each other, teasing and joking around. It was comfortable ground and it made them both laugh.

"You can wear an eyepatch for the hell of it whenever you want," he pointed out. "You hardly need a reason. Much less that one."

They stopped at Pak's door and Kem let Pak go ahead. He wasn't going to join her unless she wanted him to for some reason, but he'd been on his way to work when she'd been on her way home. She probably wanted to clean up and change.

"Want to meet me and Aishe at Barney's later for a drink?"

It wasn't an uncommon occurrence to see them all sitting outside the coffee shop. Not anymore, anyway.
"Maybe we can get Eiryk there too, if he'll leave Alex alone for a little while. I don't know about that though."
Pakpao 11 years ago
"I'd love to hear what security has to say about you and a shot gun. Should I get you a porch, a rocker and a shawl just to complete the look?"

She barked a short laugh at his reluctance to add Twilight to his movie collection. Pak did enjoy the occasional bad movie, the occasional vampire flick but she didn't have the enthusiasm for them that Kem did. But that he, a expert in the genera, was even reluctant to deal with them spoke volumes. Aishe was the only person she knew who would admit to finishing the drivel and Pak didn't think even she had the wherewithal to watch the movies.

"I'll try the eye patch the next time I go to the House of Pain. It will look good with this."

But she was still going to go out with Ran if he asked. She would rick the spiky hair and everything.

Not wanting to let the cat out Pak didn't open the door. But she nodded, that actually sounded like a really good idea.

"Yeah. Just say when it would be good to get Eiryk out for a bit too."

After all he wouldn't be -far- just down stairs really. If Alex was awake and feeling up to it maybe he'd even join them. Although, Pak wouldn't hold her breath on that point or even suggest it. Aishe might be able to though, she and Alex seemed to get along quite nicely. Hell even if no one said anything both Eiryk and Alex should know the invitation was a given.

"I'll see you in a bit then."

Pak said with a smile and headed inside. She wanted to get the corset off and she also had to get into work for a few hours too.

((OOC... out pending response))
Kem`Raaisu 11 years ago
"I have a porch, but I can certainly practice the rocker and shawl thing. Also, I need a jug of moonshine."

Might as well go whole hog, if he was going to contemplate this ridiculous (yet hilarious) situation.

He nodded at Pak when she agreed that it would be good to get Eiryk out. He wasn't sure if she knew what was up with Alex or not, but he knew it would come out sooner or later. He knew Alex had been pretty close-mouthed about who he told, so maybe he shouldn't say anything after all. It was just natural to want to share things with Pak. But, again, it was Alex's to mention. And Alex could be very prickly (understandably, on this count), about who knew his personal details.

He nodded and smiled at Pak.
"I'll email you in a few."

They kept up a near constant stream of emails, as they had from practically the day they'd met. Never anything terribly heavy or serious, they kept the two of them occupied, entertained, and many nights, sane. Kem couldn't see a day or time when that would stop.

"Don't lose that eyepatch," he said with a grin. "I'm sure Ran is dying to see it."

((ooc: Kem out too!))