If you like it then...(Attn:Aishe)

Cris looked at his phone and the list of shops again. He checked his plans and went over each step to make sure he had taken care of the prior arrangements that needed to happen so that the evening coming up with Rowan went as perfectly as possible.

He had agonized for weeks and considered many outrageous possibilities such as flying them to Paris or better yet, home to Switzerland, renting a concert hall and a band to play just for the two of them. But in the end he decided that most of that flash was not called for and might even be unwelcome. Yes, he could propose to Rowan in front of an entire crowd of people or on top of the Towers in front of their clan. It had occurred to him but he really wanted it to be a private, romantic affair. Cris suspected that a nice sandy beach somewhere out in the middle of the caribbean paradise that was their upcoming vacation would also be a wonderful memory. However, Rowan was controlling the boat and, between his partner and mother nature, Cris did not have the complete strategic control that he wanted for so important an event.

He had a plan though. It might not be the best plan but it was a plan and that was something. Right? First he needed a ring and for that he needed to shop and to have an objective aid who happened to know his partner. He had thought of Eiryk but he was currently very busy watching over Alex. Besides Cris would prefer to have his daughter's help on this occasion. He also thought Aishe had good taste; after all Kem wasn't a bad son-in-law to have, a little hermit like on occasion, but he wasn't the kind of person you dreaded seeing your daughter bring home. Cris chuckled at the mental image of Kem dressed up as a some punk wearing gang colours, his white hair in spikes and sporting more metal that Rowan. It was so out of character that it seemed like a Halloween costume.

[What is going on with you? First you are nervous as all hell and now you are amused.] Alfarinn's mental voice was filled with curiosity and humor.

[I was just thinking about going shopping with Aishe...]

Alfarinn cut in and sent [Ah, well I can see where that could cause the anxiety. Letting the daughter use your credit card?]

[No, I was doing the shopping. I was thinking that she had good taste.] He explained his thought process and after a moment of amused mental silence from Alfarinn, his friend sent back to him.

[We will have to ask him if he was ever a part of any Egyptian street gangs. So what are you needing a shopping buddy for anyway?]

[Oh, there is the door. I will have to explain later.] Cris could have continued sending and Alfarinn was perfectly aware of that but the arrival of his daughter seemed like a good excuse not to. He was willing to tell Aishe his plans for asking Rowan to marry him but everyone else would have to wait until Rowan got a chance to have his say.

He slipped out the door and grabbed Aishe by the arm. "Come on! We have to go quick before Alfarinn or his birds get here.”