Your Future Olympic Hopeless (Conditionally open!)

Kiyoshi looked around a little furtively. He was out behind Terminus, where there was a lot of room. It was, after all, an old airport. He was far enough away from the club that he wouldn't immediately be noticed, but not so far away that he was entirely hidden. He wasn't going for secrecy. Just... discretion.

He had been watching the Olympics and was thoroughly taken by the gymnastics. Most of all he was curious about the balance beam. Only women used it but he didn't see why. Couldn't he try it too?

Kiyo was an excellent tumbler; it was among those odd skills he'd picked up while discovering where his dubious talents lay. Acrobatics and gymnastics were fun for him. He had a good sense of balance and he was flexible. He often incorporated little moves into his poi routines. If he could learn even more tricks, maybe he could do those too. He liked to participate in sports in which he was competing with no one but himself.

After hatching the idea in his head he hadn't had to look far for what he wanted; a standard balance beam, the same kind Olympic gymnasts used. It could be raised and lowered easily. He'd also gotten some gym mats. Probably not as plushy as they should be but good enough.

His set-up was located by one of the old planes, under the wing to keep it safe from rain. He'd move it indoors into one of the hangars when it got cold but he liked being outside.

Standing with his hands on his hips Kiyo proudly surveyed his new toy. The odds of Evan or Guillaume looking for him and finding him here were good but he didn't mind them. Chances were anyone who cared enough about him to look for him could locate him easily, and those people, he'd be happy to see. Anyone else probably wouldn't bother looking. So he considered his location perfect for his playtime.

It was very early in the morning, before sunrise, so he had a lamp with him. Putting it down and to the side he used one of the spare mats to stretch and warm up some, then took a few tumbling passes. He started with somersaults and then moved up to cartwheels, roundoffs, handsprings, and whips. When he felt good about those he did a few aerials and then linked some of the moves together although the mat was too short for long passes.

Finally he gave himself a little shake and re-chalked his hands. Then, after a moment's thought he applied a little to his bare feet too. Then he stepped onto his beam, which was only about three inches off the ground for now. It felt good under his feet but narrower than he'd expected. Slowly, carefully, he began to walk across it from one end to the other, trying to get used to the way it felt.

((ooc: this thread is open to anyone with a reason to be wandering around the back areas of Terminus. ))

Kiyoshi Salinas 11 years ago
Walking on the beam was no challenge. He tried it flat-footed and with his toes pointed like a real gymnast. He spun on one foot at the end of the beam and headed back the other way, feeling confident about it. No problem. He did another little twirl, bobbling but staying on.

Finally he decided it was time to try something more difficult. A somersault? That was the basic 'tumbling for beginners' move. What would it be like on the beam?

He crouched down and gave it a shot. It didn't go anything like he planned. He tucked his head under him, rolled, and swore he could feel every one of his vertebrae grinding into the beam. He gave a little yelp of surprise, wobbled, and rolled off the beam to land on his ass on the mat.

"Ow."

Well, fortunately no one was around to witness that. He got up and glared at the beam briefly. No more somersaults. Maybe a nice cartwheel.

Obviously it was necessary to stay very straight, and that was true in floor tumbling too. So he got back onto his beam and raised his arms. Turning sideways as he bent forward, he felt for the beam with his hands. Kicking his feet up he raised himself into a slow handstand. Not so hard, if you kept it controlled. He let himself fall to the side and felt for the beam with his feet. He almost missed but with a little wobble he righted himself and stepped back onto the center.

He did it again slowly with more success. Then, feeling brave again, he tried it quickly and smoothly. He almost succeeded, but he wasn't completely straight. He landed on the ground right next to the beam, somewhat surprised to be there.

Well, practice made perfect. He got back onto the beam.
Guillaume 11 years ago
Guillaume hadn't given over to his wolf often since arriving in Nachton. Once, maybe twice other than those times that were absolutely necessary. It was starting to catch up with him, grate at him. He wanted more but there just hadn't been time, he needed to remain in control. Given his unfortunate run in with the law, however, he'd succumb to the desires of his other half and had run that night. Ran hard and fast from sun down to now, nearly sun up. He'd run alone, which wasn't as satisfying as it might be, through the preserve.

Trotting back to Terminus satisfactorily exhausted. He'd left his clothes outside and planned on shifting, changing and going back to bed but the sight of his bartender playing around on a beam caught his attention. Navid found a spot in the shadows to lay down and cocked his head at the display. It was certainly unusual, but some how not unexpected. Kiyoshi had some unique quirks and this seemed to fit with them.

After some moments Navid shifted back, he preferred to do so under his own power rather than wait for the sun to force his change, and found his clothes. Still his attention returned to the agile young man... experimentation (and as he'd never seen the balance beam before or heard Kiyoshi or Evan mention it he was forced to assume this was a new endeavor) that he did not posses.

"Are you sure you have enough mats? We'd take it rather badly if you were to hurt yourself.”
Kiyo's next attempt at a simple cartwheel went much better, and he landed it without having to go slowly, without wobbling, and without missing his footing. He smiled in satisfaction. Before he could try again, he caught a whiff of someone approaching. Wolf and earth and woods and plants. Not Evan, then. He turned to see Guillaume drawing near and paused before doing anything else to listen to him speak.

Looking down at the beam and flushing a little, Kiyo traced his toe across the apparatus a little bashfully. While he and Guillaume got along better than they had at first Kiyo was still a little intimidated by his roommate. Evan counseled patience and Kiyo was doing that; he understood Guillaume didn't mean to come off as critical.

"It's not very far up," Kiyo said softly. "I don't think I could get hurt from here."

He wasn't that inept, after all... it was just tumbling in a very very straight line as opposed to tumbling in a straight line. He raised his eyes a little, looked at Guillaume briefly, and then lowered them submissively. He couldn't help the gesture; these things happened automatically when he was with his Pack. It was the natural order of things.

"Did you have a good run?"

He didn't have to ask Guillaume what he'd been up to tonight; for someone with Kiyo's senses it was written all over him. Whether or not Guillaume knew how Kiyo had noticed might or might not remain a mystery, but Kiyo imagined he'd come across those of their Pack with heightened senses before.
Guillaume 11 years ago
Navid looked at the beam again and nodded his agreement.

"No... no I don't suppose you could. Not badly any way."

Kiyoshi looked up and looked away just as quickly. Navid mentally cringed. He understood submission, but in the flair tender it was almost painful. It was actually could be hard to deal with and Guillaume found he had to work at being a bit gentle with Kiyoshi. He liked the other man well enough and he was certainly a huge asset for Terminus and so worth the effort but it could be a challenge.

He was pleasantly tired, but not exhausted and considerably more relaxed than he had been before the run. Stretching a bit, working out the last of the kinks from shifting out and briefly inclined his head.

"Yes, rather. Everything got away." Navid's lips twisted in a touch of wry humor. He didn't much care for raw food in either form. "Perhaps some day you will come with me."

His cousin was still holding a bit of a grudge regarding his relationship with Evan and she had declined to run with him of late. But as he thought Kiyoshi was a bit shy about his wolf Navid didn't press the issue further than the invitation. Instead he chose to concentrate on the elephant in the room as it was.

"What is all this? A new performance idea?"

Guillaume was very careful with his tone there was absolutely no criticism in it just polite curiosity.
Evan Talkingwater 11 years ago
Evan finished up at the bar, bringing the night club portion down for the night. They had a few hours of down time and then the rest of the place, the gaming and restaurant areas would be back up again by noon for business.

It gave them a few hours of peace and quiet for restocking and repairs and other such things. The front entrance did not get going again until nightfall. It just wasn't cost effective, or look good for business, to have a mostly empty nightclub up and running.

It was almost dawn and he jogged up the stairs looking for Kiyoshi to see what he wanted to do for the day. You know, aside from the obvious.

Finding Kiyo not in the room or in the common room, Evan stood in the middle of the flat and threw his arms up in the air. "Well, if we were going to play hide and seek someone should have told me to start counting.” He muttered to the empty room before heading back outside. His words were just mock protest; finding where Kiyo had chosen to spend his time was no hardship and he looked forward to it.

Once outside, he took to wing. The sun would be up fairly soon and he needed to make this search go quick. From the air it took no time at all to locate Kiyoshi and Guillaume; though they were situated under the wing of one of the large old military planes.

Landing on the wing, he hopped toward the edge and leaned over it to look down at his lover. Evan noted that Kiyoshi looked amazing, even upside down.

"Beam?” He quarried loudly. "Navid tricks!” Evan added, thinking that there was no way in hell his friend would get up on the beam and play around.
Kiyo was glad that Guillaume didn't continue to try and convince him to stop his beam play. Even if he did have the bad luck to actually injure himself from three inches up, it would heal rather quickly. He might be a crappy werewolf, but he was a werewolf.

He blinked at the invitation. Was it an invitation? He thought it might be an invitation.
"Uh," he stammered self-consciously. He never ran with his Pack... very rarely, anyway. He always ended up humiliated.

"Maybe next time," he mumbled, looking down at his toes, which he was curling over the beam. To change the subject he simply addressed Guillaume's next question.

"Uh, well... I was watching the Olympics and I liked this part. I thought I could try it. And maybe I could work some new tricks into my poi."

The faint sound of flapping wings reached his ears and he knew who it was without having to look. He heard the scratch of tiny claws on the wing of the plane above them and smiled as he looked up. Sure enough, the familiar beak of his most favorite magpie in the world popped down from above, upside down, bright-eyed, and full of mischief as he suggested Guillaume do tricks.

Kiyo moved along the beam until he stood directly under Evan. Then he reached his hands up beseechingly, offering their friend a perch if he wanted one. When Evan hopped down, Kiyo transferred him to his shoulder with a gentle caress along his feathers.

"You want to try?" he raised his eyebrows at Guillaume. "It's fun."

Then he turned to the magpie.
"Maybe you should do some, too. It's only fair, if Navid does."

He could be impish when he wanted to. Maybe he could get the both of them to test out his new toy.
Guillaume 11 years ago
"The offer stands."

He said with a quiet shrug. There was no point in pushing Kiyoshi, he wanted it to be a request not an order. Given Kiyoshi's submissive nature it would be very easy for it to be interpreted as a demand. But he would like some one to run with, it was not nearly so satisfying on his own.

He chuckled amused that Kiyoshi would have been so taken by the Olympics to purchase this beam. It was a surprised that their room mate would have picked up on the balance beam, he would have thought rhythmic gymnastics, that ribbon thing would be more up Kiyoshi's ally. Of course, that was probably too much like Poi to be a challenge.

Before he could say anything about not scratching the floor or falling on the patrons there was a minor distraction in the form of their mulo friend. They were an odd trio, a vampire who hung out with and helped wolves, a wolf so submissive it was scary and him a wolf voluntarily removing himself from his Pack.

Watching Kiyoshi and Evan Navid again wondered exactly what their relationship was. Evan had never hopped down on to his finger or perched on his shoulder. Well, perhaps he had perched on his shoulder but it was of his own accord rather than being placed there. And then to watch Kiyoshi tease Evan... it was all very interesting.

"No tricks, not from me. He'd just fly loops around me and that hardly seems fair. Besides, you might not hurt yourself by falling from three inches but I'm very fragile. It could scar me irrecoverably."
Evan flew down to Kiyo when he was reached for and then settled comfortably on his partner's shoulder. He peered under Kiyo's chin at Guillaume waiting to hear what excuse his roommate would give for why he couldn't do tricks on a balance beam.

Then Kiyoshi decided to be sly and suggest that he should do some also if Guillaume tried them. Evan figured he was safe from having to make any effort. Still, he leaned up and nipped Kiyo on the ear, gently, in protest. Warbling a little laugh, he squeaked.
"Deal!”

Sure enough Guillaume bowed out claiming to be fragile. Evan coughed, which as a magpie still sounded very much like a cough, only a little higher pitched, like a polite little child cough.

He hopped down from Kiyo's shoulder and landed on the balance beam. Strutting part of the way down, he hopped, fluttered, hopped and fluttered again. Evan then walked a few more paces and spun around in a circle several times; which as a bird seemed easy enough on something as wide as a balance beam except that his turn radius on the ground wasn't as good as it was in the air. Birds waddled; it wasn't very graceful. Coming to the end of the bar, he flew up, looped around and then landed on the mat. Tada! He was ready for the Olympics!

Evan changed form and then looked over at Guillaume.
"Okay, top that, Mr. Wolf.” He smirked. "That's why birds rule and canines drool.”

Turning to look at Kiyoshi, he smiled. "This looks like fun. Not at my height. One cartwheel and I'm off the bar, but it still looks like fun. You should show it to Tavi. I've seen her play around at tumbling. She would probably love joining you.” He had watched her entertain a few kids while her packmate and their mother talked over the new arrangements for their new life. The little girls had taken gymnastics and were sad to be leaving their home. They also couldn't compete any longer for fear that their father would find them. The werewolf had jumped and spun with ease even while trying not to show off too much in front of the humans. She also then gave them suggestions about other sports where they could use their talents that their dad wouldn't be looking for.
Kiyo raised an eyebrow in surprise at Guillaume's claim of fragility. But he couldn't argue; he had declined Guillaume's offer to run around as a wolf, Guillaume declined to play on a balance beam. Fair was fair.

Evan, however, had no problem attempting to call Guillaume's bluff. Kiyo watched as the vampire made an attempt to do a beam routine, magpie style. It was cute. As always he felt a little pang of wonder and envy as Evan shifted smoothly back to his human self. If only wolves had it that easy!

Kiyo blinked at Evan's words, however, even if they were addressed to Guillaume.
"Hey. Not all of us drool. I can't speak for Guillaume."

For all he knew the other man did drool, and woke up in his own puddle every morning. That was enough speculation for Kiyo, however, who most definitely did not drool.

When Evan mentioned Tavi Kiyo smiled and nodded.
"I thought maybe she would like it. Next time I see her I'll ask her if she wants to try it out."

Tavi was the first person who had come to mind, actually, when Kiyo had considered sharing his new toy. He had known Evan would at least be interested, but the vampire really was too tall to make much use of it. He'd probably hit his feet on the wing of the plane above them if he tried any tumbling.

He sat himself down on the beam, tilted sideways on it, and rubbed his hand along the pseudo-leather covering.
"When I get better at it I'll try throwing in some poi."

Kiyo didn't mean to do poi while on the beam, but he knew the linear tumbling moves and the planar moves of the poi would mesh well together. If he worked, he could manage to spin tricks and turn aerials at the same time. With fire poi. It might look really cool.
Guillaume 11 years ago
The by play between Kiyoshi and Evan was interesting. But, he didn't think much of it, after all Kiyoshi had been more comfortable with Evan from the beginning. They were friends. He and Kiyoshi's relationship was still developing, but improving.

Guillaume snorted at Evan agreed to do some tricks if he did. Navid, however, wasn't exactly tempted. While flexible and able to do some basic tumbling thanks to capoeira mixing those moves in with a narrow beam suspended above the ground, no matter how low, could have issues. Although, he might try when no one was looking if given the opportunity.

He chuckled as magpie Evan made use of the balance beam, it really wasn't a fair contest if the mulo was going to remain a bird. And then 'insults' were thrown.

"Some how I doubt my ability, or lack there of, to bounce around on a balance beam has anything to do with possible salivation... We'll just let you win this one."

Navid did smile at the mention of Tavi, he had indeed asked her out but he'd also decided to keep that to himself. It also seemed to him that she would very probably enjoy the beam. He wondered if his cousin would. Navid rather missed Thérèse. He was going to have to make an effort to mend fences soon. He'd hoped she'd make the first move, but should have known better.

The idea of mixing the beam with the poi made him frown. He couldn't see how it would work.

"You're going to put the beam in the bar? Don't misunderstand I'm sure if any one can make it work you can but I'm afraid I don't follow."
Evan laughed when Kiyo protested that he did not drool but refused to speak for Guillaume. "Okay, present balance beam walking canines excluded.” He turned to his friend and shook his head. Evan explained how drooling could happen. "Well, your lack of agility could cause you to fall, knock your head on the beam, cause a concussion which could, theoretically leave you drooling senselessly.”

He kicked off his shoes and stepped onto the bar, walking along it for a few steps before turning back to Guillaume. "Or it could just be really hot outside.” They would both have to admit, at least to themselves, that wolves occasionally panted which led to drooling. It was a fact of canine life. However, Evan wasn't going to rub that fact in, especially since Guillaume already conceded.

Guillaume smiled when he mentioned Tavi. Evan wondered if his roommate knew something he didn't. Perhaps he was telling Kiyoshi something all the Vyusher R'asa already knew. Maybe she was a werewolf star gymnast or something and he was the only one here out of the loop. Or maybe Guillaume just thought it was a good idea. He and Tavi seemed to get along and perhaps Guillaume agreed with him that Kiyo needed more of his pack around.

Kiyoshi mentioned getting better and then adding poi to the routine. Guillaume didn't see how that was going to work. "We could move it in and out like the stages.” Terminus did not have a permanent raised stage but they had moveable platforms to convert part of the dance floor into a stage area for live bands and other shows, like Kiyo's poi performances.

"I can see where they could go together.” He bent over sideways and grasped the bar, pulling himself up into a handstand. Dropping down to where he could take a closer look, he then turned and walked hand over hand toward Kiyo. "We could add lights or something to make it more 'night clubesque' if you don't think that would be too distracting. Something with a soft glow? Or make it totally dark so that it looks as though you are almost floating” If Kiyoshi wanted to try something new then he was willing to give him the chance. If it worked out then it could get people talking and bring in more customers. Kiyo could do everything he normally did with poi on a beam; the thing that he couldn't do that was normally part of beam routines would be the tumbling passes where he placed his hands down on the beam. It could be interesting to watch and if Kiyoshi became really good at it then perhaps they could raise the beam higher than normal. Maybe raise and lower one from the ceiling. It all depended on what Kiyo was comfortable with but Evan could see the potential for a Cirque de Solais styled act very easily.
Kiyo moved over a little as Evan joined him on the beam with human feet. He smiled as Evan did, indeed, do tricks, but he turned to Guillaume to answer his question lest his eyes have difficulty pulling themselves away from Evan's handsome form.

"I didn't mean to put the whole beam in the bar," Kiyo said. Even the thought of trying to spin poi on a four inch wide beam was a daunting one. "I just thought it would help me learn to do some tumbling in straight lines, that way when I dance with the poi I can throw in some new moves."

Currently he danced when he spun, which was the traditional way to do poi. Kiyo and tradition, however, were hardly very good friends. He thought it might be fun to attempt a front flip or a backflip while simultaneously keeping his poi spinning around him. Definitely a challenge.

Evan had seized upon the idea of doing poi on the beam though, and if Kiyo had a hard time saying no to the average wolf on the street, then saying it to his lover was impossible.

"I could try it, if you want me to."

Just the level of danger in such an act was a little frightening, but that part didn't really worry him. If nothing else he'd heal up quickly from any spills. If Evan thought this would be a good draw for Terminus Kiyo would break his neck every night performing. Evan and Guillaume had given him a home and a place to work that he'd never expected to find and he was well aware of what he owed them. In his mind, such a debt could never be repaid.
Guillaume 11 years ago
"Hence my keeping two feet, and even four feet quite firmly on the ground."

His cousin was a jumper, bouncer, tumbler and he frowned just thinking about it. If he ever got a lot of that damned mulo he'd tear the bastard to shreds; try any way. He'd ruined so much. It was possible, given that she would only barley speak to him, that Thérèse would never return to the family. That would be quite a blow. He could only hope that her relationship with the Sarkis was developing. It was very odd to hope that was going well when it was the one thing he'd hoped to undo upon arriving here.

Still frowning and very much lost in his own thoughts Guillaume didn't even notice Evan hopping on to the beam immediately. When he did Navid made an admirable effort to restore himself to his earlier good humor, he would say he succeeded.

"Fur is much harder to deal with than feathers. Bait all you wish, I'm not getting up on that thing."

And when Evan started speculating Navid took a conversational step back. The front of the house was much more Evan's domain and he didn't have much to offer in terms of ideas or advice. No, his talents and contributions lay in other areas and he was content with that.

"What ever you two dream up. Just don't push yourself beyond your capabilities Kiyo and take your time with what you decide."

It would, undoubtedly be spectacular if the quiet werewolf could make it work. It would, however, also be a very spectacular failure if it wasn't well practiced and well thought out. It was the kind of publicity that Navid would rather avoid. While there was some amateur cell phone video, of varying quality, of Kiyo on youtube preforming at Terminus he didn't need video of Kiyo breaking his neck. Complications would abound.

"We could let you experiment with some rings... or the vault if you'd like. In fact I can see that now, vaulting over the bar and sticking the landing. You'd be a sensation."

Guillaume was just starting to think he'd mastered the art of gently teasing Kiyo. It was possible that would all go terribly wrong, but he was trying. Kiyoshi had become a room mate and Navid did consider him a friend and had no wish to upset or alienate the man.
"Party pooper” Evan said with a smile at Guillaume. It was very obviously not the Frenchman's thing. He could not see Guillaume cartwheeling at all, much less on a beam, even one that was only three inches off the ground.

Kiyoshi explained that he had only been planning on using the beam to help him with his balance so that he could add tumbling tricks in with his poi. "Oh, well that works too. Whatever you are comfortable with. You might find that you really like the balance beam and poi. It goes together much better than bungee diving and poi or piano playing and poi that is for certain.”

"No, no, think of the alcohol!” He exclaimed in reply to Guillaume's suggestion of vaulting behind the bar. Practicing that maneuver would require some missed jumps which would likely end up with Kiyo bouncing off the bar or the back shelves. Evan didn't particularly care for the idea of Kiyo bouncing off anything but him. "The rings don't really seem like Kiyoshi...” He rolled himself down onto the beam again and then turned and looked at Kiyo. "I could be wrong...” It just didn't have any dance to it, not in the same way that the beam, poi and even flairtending had. It would be like asking him or Guillaume to fly a helicopter because they flew planes. They both go in the air so they are interchangeable, right?

"Its getting close to that time, kids.” Evan hopped off the beam and retrieved his shoes. He took a few steps toward the airport. "Did you have a nice run, Navid?”
Kiyo remained silent while Guillaume almost proceeded to lecture him about his hobbies. Privately, he thought a person would never know exactly what they were capable of if they didn't push themselves beyond that point, but argument was not Kiyo's thing so he simply nodded at Guillaume. He knew it was Guillaume's way of caring. Maybe a month ago that would have made him shrink back but now he just tried to look dutiful and contrite. He would practice the more dangerous tricks when Guillaume wasn't around.

Guillaume next suggested a few different toys, and Evan countered with some concern for the alcohol. Kiyo realized he was being teased, and instead of shrinking away and feeling bad, he discovered he actually didn't mind. Evan and Guillaume were messing with him because they liked him. Well, more than like in Evan's case, but still... this was the kind of thing he had so little experience with. He'd always been an outsider looking in at groups of friends teasing with each other and now he had a group of his own.

Kiyo tried to look thoughtful.
"I'd really rather the high bar over the rings," he said. "Maybe we can put one in over the bar. I can mix drinks upside down."

Evan drew their attention to the impending sunrise and Kiyo hastened to hop off the beam and grab his own shoes.
"I'll come with you," he said.

He turned to his beam.
"Maybe I should get a tarp for this."

The wing of the plane provided some shelter but it wouldn't keep the beam out of the elements entirely. He could find some way to protect it better - later. He didn't want to miss out on time with Evan. They had things to do today. Things that involved beds, not beams. At least he hoped. It had been a busy night at Terminus; Kiyo had worked, but his shift had ended earlier than Evan's. He was ready for bed now. Well, soon. Okay - maybe he'd actually sleep in a few hours.
Guillaume 11 years ago
"I promise to break my neck on the next piece of gymnastics equipment that randomly appears on the premises. Put if I die you have to tell my cousin..."

Oh perhaps that was in slightly poor taste, but he was kidding. Navid wasn't going to put Thérèse and Evan in each other's company until he could assure his cousin would behave herself. And as they weren't currently on the best of terms with each other that could take some time.

He couldn't help but chuckle as they worried about the alcohol and then Kiyoshi got into the act by threatening to mix drinks upside down. If this kept up he was indeed going to have to try out some random equipment. More important though was that Kiyo was engaging with them and playing along. That made him smile. The shy were was coming out of his shell some what.

"Not looking to work on your tan then Evan?"

It had long ago ceased being odd to him that his friend and business partner was a vampire. Oh the memories were still there, but in Evan's case... they didn't matter. He had his own memories and they carried more weight.

"Yes, a good run. I let everything get away."

Of course that could make the game more wary for other hunters, but there was nothing wrong with a challenge.

He lifted an eyebrow as Kiyo rather immediately offered to go with Evan inside, suddenly abandoning his toy. Perhaps he was being blind, but Guillaume was just as happy not thinking about their relationship too hard. They were friends, that was enough. They might just have a raid or something. Or it was late, everyone was tired. It didn't matter.

"Go, get some sleep I'll find a tarp for it. We can find a more permanent storage space later."

If you left something covered in a blue tarp inevitably people were going to want to know what was under it even if they had no business being back here in the first place.
Guillaume promised to try the next thing that appeared at the airport which made him wonder what strange gymnastic equipment they could find. He shook his head at Kiyo's suggestion of serving drinks upside down. "The rare wolfbat. All the blood would rush to your head. It couldn't possibly be very comfortable.”

His roommate explained that he let everything get away and Evan laughed. "You make me feel safer flapping around here at night.” There was at least one wolf who would go out of his way to not eat him. "Don't worry, I am sure it is still called hunting if you have to look very hard for the right cut of steak at the market.” He knew that Guillaume could hunt just fine but he couldn't help teasing the werewolf about letting everything get away on purpose.

Kiyoshi said that he would come with him as soon as he found a tarp for his new toy but Guillaume offered to locate the covering for him. Evan smiled at his friend for being helpful. "Thanks, I need my warrior so I have somebody to heal.” He turned back to Kiyoshi and said. "We might be able to find Dev on for a few hours. That's almost a full group.”

((OOC: Out pending responses. ))
Kiyoshi looked at Guillaume. "You promise?" Not that he wanted his roommate and boss to break anything, but the fact that he'd try something out tempted him to go looking for a really fun apparatus. Maybe a giant-sized trampoline so Guillaume could bounce around. He glanced at Evan, suspecting that perhaps their thoughts were running along similar lines at that moment. Evan was rubbing off on him. He liked the sound of that.

And he liked that he had just managed to be teased without feeling slighted somehow, with a member of his Pack involved. Guillaume still intimidated him some but Kiyoshi was really starting to understand that his bark was worse than his bite. When the other man offered to cover his beam with a tarp Kiyo looked at him in surprise.

"Thank you," he said. He trotted after Evan a few steps then turned back to Guillaume and smiled. "Maybe, um, maybe the next time you run. Let me know?"

It wasn't a promise, really, but he'd consider it. Maybe running with Guillaume would be fun. It sounded like he just liked to run... although both Kiyo and Kiyo's wolf liked to hunt. They could work something out.

Kiyo turned back toward Evan and ran a couple steps to catch up to him.
"Oh, I like playing with Dev."

He was very much hoping to play with Evan first, though. So he slipped his hand into his boyfriend's as soon as they were out of sight and smiled up at him, feeling happy about life in general. He was finally starting to believe he could have a good life. And, even better, he actually liked his life here. It was a huge revelation for him but it felt good.

(ooc: Kiyo out))
Guillaume 11 years ago
Guillaume shrugged but smiled as well. His taste were not exactly the norm and he had taken ribbing for it before and would again. It was simply how the spirits had fashioned him, and he know those who made up for his less aggressive tastes it was natures way of preserving balance he supposed.

Knowing it was -not- a good idea with Evan in ear shot he did still nod to Kiyo.

"Yes I promise, just nothing that involves a tutu..."

He had visions of a pommel horse and how that could go horribly horribly wrong. It might prevent him from having children. Perhaps, given his grandfather's feelings toward his mother, that would be for the best though. Let the contaminated branch of the family tree die out and all that.

"A tank and a healer... you'll get a group if you want one."

Navid did play on occasion, not with any regularity but enough to know how to form a group and such.

He grinned as Kiyoshi mentioned running, he did hope Kiyo would join him. Wolves ran in packs it was only natural.

"You two have a good run, kill something interesting."

As they both left he nosed about for a tarp, before covering the beam up he did briefly consider trying it out. But it just didn't seem like a good idea. Besides, he had studying to do. He quickly covered what needed to be covered and went back inside.

((OOC... Guillaume out))