What is given.

The waitress pushed Cait's plate in front of her with every bit of stereotyipical fan fare a woman in a pink apron and beehive could manage. Looking at the plate, she could not help but grin and look over at Charlie sitting next to her at the Diner's counter. Leaning onto the counter, he put his head in his hand and grinned back, picking at his own plate.

~

"The food here is really very awesome, but I would kill for something horribly fattening and bad for me. Like a big, fat, greasy cheeseburger or something."

"They can make that for you. Or we can make it up in your -"

"Meh," she said quickly, cutting him off. "It's not the same thing. There's something to be said by having a high schooler flip your burger. All that pubescent adolescence really adds to the flavor."

"That's disgusting."

"I know, right?" she said smiling. "You could take me to some greasy spoon for one."

Charlie's grin spread slowly across his mouth and he looked at her. "That was subtle."

"Seriously, I'd rather have a greasy hamburger than knee you in the nuts again to get away."

"Yeah, I'm still kind of angry about that."

"I was never one for subtlety."

~

"How old is the cook?" she asked with a grin.

Charlie chuckled and picked a french fry off her plate. Next to the delicious looking golden fries was a double cheeseburger with all the fixins. On his plate was an identical burger and fries that she knew he'd finish within two minutes of starting, but such was the appetite of a werewolf. Despite knowing she wouldn't eat even half of her plate, her stomach growled happily.

"Well, first things first." Cait reached out and with the flat of her hand, squished down on the hamburger, making juices squeeze out onto the plate and into her hill of fries.

"That is just mean," Charlie said with a dirty look.

"Despite the loudness of my mouth, it's just not big enough for this thing."

"That's what she said."

Cait looked over at Charlie who was grinning like a school boy, picking up his burger to tear it to shreds. In the short time they were together, she had only seen him laugh, really laugh, once. Although he smiled around her almost every time they were together. He did that a lot, she thought to herself. She hoped she brought that out in him.

Wrapping her hands around the burger, she took a bite and stopped. "Oh myf guud iz delishesf."

Charlie covered his mouth with a napkin and laughed again. Swallowing, he leaned over and whispered to her. "See, I told you you were hungry."

"Do you know me so well now, Mr. Hammond?" she said after taking a moment to chew and swallow.

"I don't know anything about you. We're starting from the beginning, remember?"

"Oh, right. I forgot," she gave him a conspirator's smile. "I can't eat this whole thing, you know."

"You know I'll eat what you don't."

"No, I don't. We're starting from the beginning. You forget a lot of things."

Cait grinned but was stunned to see Charlie's smile falter. He looked down at his plate and didn't reply.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"No, no." But he didn't look up. Charlie just continued to eat his burger quietly.

"And that's what it looks like when you bold face lie?"

Charlie glanced at her and picked at his fries. "Ok. Touche." He wiped his hands and then leaned onto his elbows after placing them on the counter.

"Forgetting that year of my life changed a lot of things. It's taken months to feel like I belong again. I just don't like to be reminded of what I can't remember."

Cait felt awkward now - for the misunderstanding and for upsetting Charlie. Her appetite immediately dried up and the food in her made her feel queasy. Pushing her plate, she couldn't shake the uncomfortable feeling and mumbled an apology.

They had been acting like they knew each other well, but really that had only been an illusion in their dreams - the feeling of intimacy and their relationship being further along than it really was.

"You're done already?"

Cait nodded and pushed her plate toward him.

"But you only took one bite?"

She pointed to her stomach and made a face. "I haven't eaten in two months, my stomach shrank I'm sure. I'm good, you can have it."

"Is this weird for you? This thing between us?"

She had not expected him to hone in on her feelings so quickly. It was an unfair advantage on his part. Cait shrugged and tried to answer.

"It's just hard to remember that we really don't know each other as well as we really do. Your home isn't my home."

"Yes it is."

Cait stopped and sighed. "No, Charlie. It really isn't. Are you expecting me to just live with you?"

Charlie shrugged and looked back down at his plate. "No, of course not."

"It's like we've skipped months of relationship time and you and I have only really spent four days together. Like, we've only kissed twice but in our dreams...hell we're practically married. I don't know you, Charlie and you don't know me."

Charlie Hammond 12 years ago
Charlie took his napkin and wiped at his mouth, his appetite suddenly gone as well. With a deep breath, he cleaned his hands and looked down at his plate as he listened to Cait pontificate the nature of their relationship. He wasn't sure what he was expecting when she woke up, but the awkwardness wasn't it.

"Are you not coming back to the Den with me then?"

Cait shrugged and looked away.

"That's a 'no', then? Where do you want me to drop you off at?"

The abruptness of his tone shocked him and the hurt expression Caitlinn had just reminded him that half of what he'd say to her always sounded worse than what he meant. Their meal was going downhill and fast.

"Do you want me to just leave you alone, Cait? Call you sometime next week?"

Oh yeah, this was getting worse. Cait looked away from him and laughed.

"I'll see you tomorrow at work," she said and slid off the bar stool. "Thanks for lunch."

Charlie watched her walk away and leave the diner. Slipping off his own bar stool, he left a twenty on the counter and considered just going home.

"You're not letting her go like that, are you?"

Charlie turned and saw the waitress wiping the table top of one of the booths that lined the windows.

"I beg your pardon?"

"You should go after her."

"Believe me, it would not help."

"How do you know? I thought you two said you didn't know each other." She watched Charlie struggle, turning back to look at the door and then the waitress. "You better hurry." Then she went back to wiping the tables.

Charlie turned and exited out of the diner, running down the sidewalk to catch up to Cait. She was a block down already, moving with a purpose. Lewis had not found any apartment or residence in Cait's name. Her mailing address was a PO Box for DI and she managed to avoid using any credit locally, so no paper trail, but she was heading uptown, just west of DI's three towers. He wanted to go to her, but he successfully managed to destroy any head way they had made today. She had been honest with him but instead of really listening, just lashed out because he was hurt. He ran to catch up to her.

Walking up next to her, he leaned in and asked, "Where are you going?"

She jumped and looked up at him before coming to a complete stop. "No where." He looked at her admonishingly. She rolled her eyes at him. "I have a place nearby."

"You do? Lewis didnt find anything."

"I know Matthew has magical nerd powers and all, but I can keep some secrets."
Caitlinn Conrad 12 years ago
Cait looked around the street as Charlie just stood there staring down at her, waiting for her to move. He wasn't going anywhere, that was pretty obvious but she was relieved he came after her. With a deep breath, she turned back to the way she had been heading and walked.

They walked in silence for about four blocks before cutting over and to head north again. It was a good mile to the apartment she shared with the other employees in the city and she hoped no one from Randolph had been able to find it. If Lewis hadn't, Cait suspected her employers hadn't either.

There were four of them that traveled in and out of the city for business purposes, and even though they had all been assigned identities and places of residences, they had decided to have one place they could go to without anyone being able to find them. Fortress of solitude, hide out, whatever. A simple one bedroom to hide when needed.

The area was in a part of the Industrial section that was experiencing a rather robust re-urbanification. She was surprised to see the entire block had been remodeled just past her own brownstone - the run down siding had been refurbished and the lower crime element was no longer present. Cait eyed up a new sign in front of the newly designed neighborhood park.

"Brought to you by your friends at Duibne Industries"

"Oh brother," she mumbled as she walked up the steps to her brownstone with Charlie next to her.

Walking in she took the steps two at a time till they reached the fourth story walk up. Heading directly down the hallway she walked right up to the window at the end and reached up, running her fingers along the edge of the frame until her fingers touched the dusty key hidden there.

"Ok, come on." Cait walked back toward the stairs and took them to the second floor. There were four doors on the floor, two on each side. Cait walked to the end and stuck the key into the last door on the left. Opening it, she stepped inside and silently thanked the maid service for coming in and cleaning once a week.

There was no disgusting rotting smell coming from the fridge or the kitchen sink - it was all spotless and dust free. Cait stepped inside and let Charlie in behind her. It was a thousand square foot, one bedroom with a full kitchen, dining area and living room. She walked to the bedroom and opened the door. It was small but it fit a queen sized bed and a decent bathroom suite with a view over the street.

Walking back out, she found Charlie standing in the center of the room, looking around with a concentrated expression.

"This is not really my place, but somewhere we could go if we needed to hide out or just get off the grid."

"We?"

"The others assigned to the city."

"You make it sound like you were a spy."

Cait grinned. "Not that glamorous. Industrial espionage is serious business for Randolph or it was. They were out to get DI."

"And you helped them."

She raised her eyebrows and shrugged. "It paid well."

"There's about five different scents in here. None of which are yours."

"I never had to use this place. If I needed off the grid, then staying in the city and hiding was not an option. I got a funny feeling and bolted. I didn't try to figure out what was going on. I was on a plane out of the city within an hour. By the time I landed, my team was gone."

"In the wind?"

"No. They were gone."

Charlie looked at her finally and read the expression on her face. "They killed your team."

Cait nodded. It was as simple as that. "So imagine if I had stuck around to find that out?"

Charlie nodded slowly, again looking around the room.
Cait waited patiently while Charlie inspected the room. The scents were faded but there, lingering in the smells of cleaning products and smoke. Walking to the door, he opened it and checked the lock, fingering the wood in the door frame, feeling for any splinters. Finding none, he closed it and stood in the middle of the room again. Looking up, he turned in a slow circle and then moved off to the bedroom, again opening the door, touching the frame and then moving inside. He poked around in there and then in the bathroom. He ran his fingers along the side of the bath tub, feeling the texture. Peering into the drain, he sniffed and then did the same in the sink. Finally he walked back into the kitchen area and washed his hands with the small bottle of palmolive that was sitting on the counter.

"No one's been here for quite some time, except for the maid service. No blood, no chemicals other than some cleaning products, and no cameras. It's pretty clean."

"So I can stay here."

Charlie dried his hands without looking up. "Do you plan on staying here alone?"

"For now, I think. Probably get something...it really bothers you, doesn't it?"

He turned and looked at her. "I don't want you to stay here."

"You want me to stay with you."

"Is that wrong? So what if...." Charlie paused and then sighed.

"If we're starting at the beginning, then let's start at the beginning, Charlie. Let's get to know each other in real time. Then we can jump to the hot monkey sex."

Charlie made a face. "You think this is about sex?" He was honestly insulted. "I'm going to go. If you need me...well you don't, I guess."

"Why do you do that?" she asked sighing.

"I'm doing what you want, Cait." And with that Charlie pushed away from the kitchen counter and past her. They didn't look at each other as he crossed the small room to the door, but were both silent as he opened it and stepped out. But before he shut the door behind him he stopped.

It was killing him to leave her there. Not because he was afraid for her safety but because she belonged with him and vice versa. With his hand on the door knob, he made a decision. Walking back in he closed the door behind him and locked it.

"What are you-?"

Stepping up to her, Charlie reached out and grabbed her face, kissing her deeply. She was stunned for a moment but then reached up and touched his hands, kissing him back. When he broke the kiss, he started.

"I go by Charlie but my real name is Chester. I've been Charlie since I was gifted at 14 by LT's uncle Shayle Jameson. My parents died in a car accident and Shayle was my guardian. I got beat up a lot as a kid, but one day I made a stand and no one bothered me after that. If you want to know the rest, I'll tell you sometime.

The first girl I ever made love to was Steffy Morrison. I was 17. She taught me the difference between making love to a girl and just flat out fucking her. I finished college by the time I was 20, graduate school by 23 and I received my first doctorate when I was 25. Second at 26. I'm 41 years old and I have no children and never been married.

I like to run at dawn. I like sherbert ice cream. I've been the Alpha's Sergeant since becoming a Piper and I came up with LT. He's my best friend, has been since I was 15. I've never been close to marriage. Never had a live in girlfriend, which is not to say that I haven't been in serious relationships. I'm quiet - girls seem to like that, but there's never been one that's stood out like you.

I love to swim. I like to read, I do it often and can read 20 books a week if so inclined. I enjoy scientific theory and the scientists at DI are pathetic. Except for the tight sweater tech, she acts like she hates me but I know she just wants to fuck me to see what its like to be with a werewolf."

"K, I didn't need to know that," Cait mumbled unhappily.

"I can't tell you about VIvienne because I don't remember even meeting her, much less loving her. I'm fairly certain that's why the Commander stuck his neck out with Simon - to keep my focus on you and not rediscover why I loved Vivienne. But that'll never happen. I don't see what I loved about her, not because of you, but because I'm no longer that man that did.

I know what you like, how you like it, and where you like it. Your scent is like coconuts and hibiscus flowers. I'll never kiss you in public ever again because I cannot be held accountable for my actions if we do. I can barely stand being next to you and not touching you. I know your taste," Charlie said stepping closer and lowering his voice, "and need to know if its the same in real life as it is in my dreams. I've wanted you since the moment you kissed me. I've loved you since we swam in the lake two months ago, the night you died. I love you now, knowing what I know about you and because of what I don't, and I'm pretty sure I'll love you for the rest of my life."

Without waiting for an answer, Charlie grabbed Cait and pushed her against the fridge in the kitchen. Cait grabbed his shirt and pulled him into a deep kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck until he lifted her level with him. Her legs came up and wrapped around his waist as he pressed her against the fridge. Breaking the kiss, he whispered one final thing.

"This isn't just about sex, Cait, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want you. We can't start from the beginning, it's not where we're at."

"I agree," she said precariously close to kissing him again.

"I want you with me, but if you need a place of your own, that's fine. Just don't tell me we don't know anything about each other because we know enough to love each other and that's saying more than most couples. Alright?"

"Ok."

"Do you love me?"

"You know I do."

"Ok then," he said, carrying her to the bedroom and opening the door. He threw her onto the bed and slammed the door shut behind him.
It was exactly how she remembered it, only better.

There was something to be said for dream sex. It was real, at least that's what your mind was telling you. Your sense of smell, taste, touch...all your senses acted accordingly, but when Charlie pressed his naked body against hers, she realized that your mind could play tricks on you, despite looking out for your best interests.

Her mind had missed little things about Charlie. The feel of his fingertips, the stubble of his beard, and the sensation of his tongue against her skin - all these things were missed by her mind and she'd have to work on her attention to detail, but as she rocked on top of him, straddled across his hips, she focused on the firmness of him that filled her and the teasing kisses he gave. He grabbed her hips and leaned back against the pillows, grimacing as he helped her ride him.

"Oh Cait," he groaned as she moved faster.

Cait leaned forward and grabbed the headboard behind Charlie and really began moving, putting her full weight down onto his lap, increasing the pressure on her center, making her gasp with each move. His fingers dug into her skin as he began to grind up into her. Her lips found his and she kissed him as she felt her center begin to vibrate.

Good lord the things he would say. Such, absolutely filthy, incredibly hot things. She had no idea he had it in him, the soft spoken Dr. Hammond, strong but silent Piper Sergeant. His shyness was deceiving. A sexual deviant ripe with such a dirty vocabulary made her purr every time he'd whisper something into her ear. He grabbed her around the waist and pulled her close as she sat up, whispering the filthiest things.

Listening, she grinned and then looked at him. "God that mouth."

Charlie gave her a devilish grin and continued to grind up into her, pulling her hips down until she felt her end come. They did not make love quietly and if the bedroom wall had been against the neighbors, she was fairly certain they would have called the police by now. Moaning his name, she grabbed the headboard, trying desperately to breathe.

"Charlie...oh god Charliecharliecharliecharlie."

He rolled them over and finished making love to her, his own end just as loud and boisterous. His teeth, his lips, his hands...she could not get enough of this man. They spent the afternoon making love, twisting their bodies up in the sheets, in the tub, in the living room - anywhere and every where. In the end she lay exhausted on the bed, their legs tangled together and she in his arms.

The day began to seep into the night and the warm glow of the sunset streamed in from the bathroom window. Charlie wrapped his arms around her as she lay just on the edge of his chest.

"Are you staying tonight?" she asked looking up at him.

"I don't know, are you staying here?"

She ran her fingernails over his chest, playing with the dusting of hair. "Why can't you move in here with me? Do you all live on the property?"

"Yes and no. LT has a girlfriend, he stays most nights with her. Same with Red."

"Red has a girlfriend? Seriously?"

"Yeah, he's harmless with other women. He loves his girl, even though he never says it."

"One of those guys. She must be amazing."

"She's shy but different."

Cait nodded and ran her fingers up Charlie's neck, pinching his chin. "We can still spend nights together. Here or there."

"I suppose. We'll see each other at work, I'll need a break from you, you know."

Cait punched him in the stomach, making him laugh. "Where would we live on your property?"

"My apartment is on the same floor as the other Pipers. Red's across the hall."

"Oh so like college. That'll be fantastic. He'll never just accidentally walk in."

"Well, yeah. He'd try that at least twice. What if we found a place closer to the property. Halfway?"

"Are we really talking about living together? I don't even know your birthday."

"January 26th, 1971."

"Oh so your birthday is coming up. Good to know."

Charlie was quiet for a moment, in obvious deep thought. She felt his fingers brush lightly against her arm as he held her. She waited for him to ask whatever he was wondering. Just took him a few seconds to bite the bullet.

"Is Caitlinn your real name?"

Oh, she thought, good question.
"It doesn't really matter, you know."

And it didn't, but he was curious about her life before this invented one. At least, that was as much as Lewis could find out about Cait before she was Caitlinn.

"It is my real name."

He pulled back and looked at her. "It is?"

"The best lie is the one closest to the truth."

"But Lewis said all your info looked faked, if you dug a little bit."

"I didn't go to those colleges, no. But it was easier to plant obvious fakes than to hide the real information. It was what he found first, right?"

"Yeah," he said slowly.

"And he stopped looking once he got that he thought wasn't real, right?"

Charlie narrowed his eyes and then pulled her close again. "Well, I like you as Caitlinn."

"See, it works out in the end after all," she said sarcastically. "Anything else?"

Charlie pulled his arm closer, rolling her close to him. He kissed her forehead and then rested his head in his hand. He licked his lips and then went to kiss her again, making her laugh.

"You kiss me, we'll just do it again."

"Perish the thought," he said kissing her lips lightly. "But no, no other questions for now. You?"

"What happened to Dougie?"

Charlie stopped kissing her and pulled back. He searched her expression and felt her curiosity mixed with anguish. She had a little guilt over what she thought was Dougie's death.

"You feel sorry for him?"

"I heard what he said. That's some bitterness to carry around."

Dougie's final tirade spewed forth with a burning spite that Charlie did not think was capable for the young man. The baby faced Piper had fallen in such a deep hole that, in the end, he let his rage fuel his treachery.

It had all come down to jealousy. Spiteful envy for Lewis' family, higher up on the chain than the Doughan's, and Charlie for his unpure blood and unheard position within the Pipers as a non-blood relative. Dougie had sacrificed his own family, which had been part of the Michaels' family coup against the Hammerthynns and Jamesons for some time. Charlie had experienced the dark envy others had shown him, but never from his own Pipers or direct leadership. Charlie did his duty as a Piper and did it well, and for that Dougie hated him for it.

So what had become of Dougie?

"No one really knows, to be honest."

Cait turned over onto her elbows and looked at him. "Come on. How could you not? They didn't kill him on the spot? You didn't?"

"I wanted to, but no. The Elders and Leadership know, but I don't think LT even knows. His family was...it's a really long, convuluted story, babe."

Cait shrugged and looked at his naked chest. Her eyes traveled down to the sheets and then back up to his face.

"Does it have to do with what happened with the rest of the Pipers leaving? With VIvienne?"

"It all links together in some way, yeah. Our path, Huntington's...it's a weird vicious circle." Charlie searched Cait's thoughtful expression. "Did he ever try anything with you?"

She looked at him and snorted. "Other than trying to get me to run with the pretense of him helping me? No, he kept his paws to himself."

"What do you mean? He offered to get you off the property?"

"In so many words, he tried." She shrugged thoughtfully. "At that point I didn't want to leave."

"Why not?"

She gave him a strange look. "You really don't know?"

Cait laid back down onto his chest and smiled up at him. "Oh," Charlie said surprised. "You didn't run...because of me?"

"You? No. Matthew. That is one hot nerd. I wasn't leaving till I wrecked him."

Charlie's heart sunk for a moment, then he realized she was joking right when she broke out laughing.

"Well, who doesn't like Lewis? He's adorable," he said with a lisp.

"Oh that's mean," she laughed, resting her chin on his chest.
It was weird saying it out loud - that in the end when given the opportunity to run, it was Charlie that made her want to stay. It was a confusing jumble of painful memories that she couldn't separate from reality, but she knew she was falling in love with the soft spoken Piper.

"So you said you'd tell me what happened after that night."

Charlie raised his eyebrows and began to chew his lip in thought. "Everything?"

"All the gory details. But sum it up in twenty words, I got plans."

He smiled at her and repositioned himself so he could face her, sliding her off him but not away. Her body was still touching his as he put his head in his hand and with his free one, touched the area on her chest where there were no visible scars that should be there.

"I used my blood for the eternity instead of a vampires."

Cait sat up and looked at him. "You did what? You used...oh my god you did what?!"

Charlie sat up and held his hands out. "I didn't want them using the starburst on you. I knew you wouldn't want that."

She opened her to mouth once again tell him he could not possibly know what she wanted when she stopped. He was right, she didn't want that.

"I don't understand. How...does that make me?" She stopped again. "Wait, wait. I'm not, right?"

"A werewolf? No, it doesn't work like that."

"But you...," she stopped again, trying to think logically about the medical ramifications of what Charlie did. "Do they know you used your blood?"

"No. No one does. I did it away from DI and destroyed everything."

"Aww, all the research and the process?"

"I'm glad that's what you're most concerned about," he said making a face.

"Listen, you can't bend scientific theory like that and not expect me to be a little interested how you did it. You know that's never been done before. Not successfully at least."

Charlie glared at her, making Cait clear her throat. "Ok let's focus here."

He was quiet for a moment longer before continuing. "It worked. You healed faster than normal but with none of the withdrawals. I used a placebo in place of the starburst. I'm going to have to get you pills for about six months. Just some vitamins in place of the starburst. Do you remember our last dream together?"

Cait thought for a moment. "When I confronted you?"

Charlie shook his head. "It doesn't matter, it took."

Cait narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "What took?"

"I told you to remember and then asked if you'd wake up soon. Then you did about two hours later. You used to snap awake before, but it had been since the dream you confronted me that I walked with you."

"I do remember everything, but not that."

Charlie shrugged and ran his fingers down her cleavage. His fingers felt warm, but not hard like a man who did what he did would be. Reaching up she lifted his hand and checked the finger tips, running her fingers along his long ones. No calluses, silver scars...nothing.

"Are you constantly regenerating?"

"I think so. I heal but I never scar."

"Not even from silver? Isn't that the only way you'd scar?"

"Nope. Not even from silver."

"Huh," she mumbled. "Do you think this will affect your aging? Slow it down even more or stop it completely?"

"I don't know," he said quietly.

Cait looked up at him and saw the sadness on it. It was something he had already considered and he knew the answer. If he was regenerating still, then Charlie Hammond's borrowed time had no due date of return. But Cait wasn't getting any younger, nor was she staying the same age for that matter.

"Can you have children?" she asked suddenly.

Charlie smiled, his face lighting up those bright blue eyes. "Do you want children?"

"Hey, I'm not offering my uterus just yet," she laughed. "I mean, you should be able to, right?"

"No reason why I couldn't. I'm not a vampire. I may not even be immortal."

"Oooh, you said it out loud."

"I know. Sounds creepy. But I'd like to have kids some day."

"What's it like? Having children as a werewolf? Turning while pregnant has got to suck."

"We shift, vampires turn, but females don't after a certain point to protect the fetus."

"Oh. That can't be pleasant."

"Is that something you'd consider. Someday?"

"Having children?"

Charlie shrugged. "Being a werewolf?"

Yikes, she thought to herself.
Charlie couldn't help but laugh at her reaction, even though outwardly she seemed calm.

"That really freaked you out, didn't it?"

"I hate that you can do that. It's going to make hiding stuff from you extremely difficult."

He leaned down and bit her cheek softly, making her laugh despite being terrified by the idea of being a werewolf.

"Does it really scare you?"

"Charlie, you change into a wolf every full moon, for the rest of your life, except as you say, when you're pregnant. I would imagine not being able to change but wanting to, right?"

"But it's a family you'll always have, that you can depend on. Look at Marthinus. You knew him before his gifting and look at him now."

"Yeah I know. He's in his sixties and looks my age. Speaking of which, how old is your Commander? He looks...late forties, early fifties maybe?"

"He's one hundred and ten."

"See! Oh my god. And his father?"

"Duncan is in his one hundred and forties."

"That man is delicious, I have to say."

Charlie bit at her again, this time her shoulder. "Listen, you're not getting any younger."

"You did NOT just say that! You're still older than I am, you know."

"I'm kidding, but you know you're already infected with the virus, right?"

"Yes, I am aware of that. They know that much at DI. You infected me probably the first time we kissed."

"That was a pretty deep kiss you gave me."

"You kissed me back," she whined.

"Of course I'm going to kiss back. Not every day I get some chick-"

"Some chick?!"

"Come up on me and plant a kiss like that."

Cait squealed and half grunted in what he assumed was in frustration. Her reaction made him turn onto his back and laugh a deep, hearty laugh. He loved being with her - the things she'd say and her reactions were always unexpected and hilarious. It had been too long since he laid in bed with a woman who took his breath away and kept him interested.

"If it wasn't then, you definitely have it now."

Cait reached for a pillow and covered herself, her embarassment radiating out in pulses, making him laugh even harder.

"So nasty, Charlie Hammond." Her voice was muffled by the pillow.

Charlie moved on top of her and pulled the pillow away. "It's a two step process. First you get the virus, then I activate it with a bite."

"As I recall, you've bitten me a couple times already."

"This bite is considerably more...primal."

"I don't know, that was some pretty primal biting you gave me."

"I'd have to be at least half changed."

She shuddered underneath him, grinning. "Where would you bite me?"

He shrugged and moved down her body with his mouth, leaving kisses. "It could be anywhere you wouldn't mind a scar." He moved his mouth over her shoulder and bit her softly. "Here." Then he moved in between her breasts, leaving a trail of kisses in his wake. "Even here."

"That doesn't seem practical."

He moved down her arm, kissing from her bicep to her wrist. "Anywhere here."

Cait made a face, deep in thought. "Possibly."

Then he moved across to her hips, nipping at the juicy fleshy bits of her curves. "I wouldn't mind here."

"I might, although I could hide it easier."

He moved further down, grazing her warm sex with his lips, making her part her legs. Gently he bit the inside of her thighs and then sat back, lifting her left leg, draping it over his shoulder as he kissed down her calf.

"Anywhere I wanted," he said looking at her, giving her just the hint of a smile.

"I thought it was my choice?"

"Oh I'd let you think it was, but really it would be mine."

She kicked his shoulder lightly, making her laugh. "I'll keep it in mind, for future reference."

Charlie crawled back up her body, slowly moving over her, all the while keeping her stare. He nestled into between her legs and laid his weight on her, making her sigh wistfully.

"We have time."

"Now you've jinxed us. Good job, Piper," she grumbled with a smirk.

"Well, we don't have to decide tonight, at least. We can stay here till before dawn and then head back to the property?"

"Considering neither one of us has any clothes here, that would probably be a good idea. Do you have to be back to run in the morning?"

He nodded, kissing her lightly.

"Do you need to sleep?"

"I should," he said deepening the kiss with his tongue, making her mew softly.

"You are going to be so tired then."

Charlie grinned wide before he pushed up inside her, making her legs wrap around his hips as he rocked his.

"I am so going to wreck you," he said, making them both laugh as he began making love to her again. Their kiss deepened, making him groan into each thrust. His hands balled up into fists as he began to move faster up into her, making her gasp.

"I love you, Charlie," she moaned into their kiss.

"Say it again," he said breathless.

"I've loved you since you looked at me with those blue eyes," she whispered into his kiss.

Charlie closed his eyes and kissed her, feeling her soft body beneath his, welcoming every bit of him in a want that he had not felt in years. There was something to be said about being loved, absolutely and completely loved by a beautiful woman who accepted you for who you were and took no shit because of it. He loved her with everything he had and more.

"Will you marry me, Cait," he said teasing her lips with his teeth.

"I don't think you can seriously ask me that while your penis is in me, Charlie," she said laughing softly.

He chuckled back, breaking his stride but looked at her. "I'll ask you again later, Miss Conrad?"

"You do that, Mr. Hammond."

Charlie looked into her brown eyes and rubbed his nose against her before capturing her lips with his.

(OOC - Charlie and Cait out)