AFK....

Some of you know that I've been fighting a losing battle to keep my house for a little over a year. That battle came to an end about two weeks ago when the sheriff showed up with an eviction notice. I have been frantically sorting and tending to the sorts of chores that one does when moving. I do not have a place to live as of yet, but hope to have that sorted by the end of today. I am not sure how long I'll be gone, I hope no longer than a week or two, because even a day without internet access is going to seem way, way too long.

Much hugs. I have a few more days at my house and hope to wrap up the terminus thread before I am forced offline. I have so much fun here, and it's so nice to just escape for a while and play someone who doesn't have to worry.

Mel.

Charlie Hammond 12 years ago
Good luck, Miya =/
Julian Stephenson 12 years ago
Good luck Miya, I hope everything sorts itself out all right. We'll be here whenever you are able to return!
Miya 12 years ago
I HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE! Not ideal but as close to a unicorn as I'm going to get.
Pakpao 12 years ago
Good! Best of luck.
Miya 12 years ago
I may not have a place to live. I thought it was all set up then an hour after I got home I got an email from the person saying there could be a problem and he might have to go out of town for a month. Aargh!

But on the plus side - reduced two rooms worth of clutter down to a handful of boxes - yay!
Christian Bern 12 years ago
I hope everything works out okay. Good luck with the packing and the moving. I suggest singing loudly to your favorite tunes with a nice cold margarita nearby or something similar, makes packing much more tolerable.
Scott Kinney 12 years ago
I hope everything works out Miya. I would very much miss you and hope that everything works out in the end and that you land on your feet. I definitely like Christian's suggestion: good, loud music that you can sing to, would definitely help cheer you up!
Miya 12 years ago
We were up until 4 am sunday night. My housemate who told me he had packed up the kitchen before getting on a bus and out of my hair...had not. He put the dishes away dirty and so... we were packing it up. at 430 am we said to hell with it and left. I needed sleep and my housing had fallen through for the second time, so I'm camped out in a Days Inn for 55 a night. I think I MIGHT have housing located, and was supposed to move in today, but... something came up at 11 pm last night and I had to scrounge around to get enough money for another day here at the days. This day to day living and scrounging is so incredibly stressful.

Add to it that halfway through anything I eat, I get intense nausea so yay, barely eating. And I'm just exhausted. I slept for 10 hours last night, but this place is a motel, it's noisy, the sounds are wrong, and I keep waking up. I want this house to come through, please. So I can sleep in my bed again, and not this bizarre slab of granite they claim is a bed (I think the klingons decorated this place)

Cross fingers and wish me luck.
Pakpao 12 years ago
Good luck
Evan Talkingwater 12 years ago
Good Luck. I hope it works out.
Aishe 12 years ago
Fingers crossed for you Miya. I know it's cliche but things like this do have a way of working out. We'll be thinking of you and hoping it's sooner rather than later.
Miya 12 years ago
Well, I've moved in..sorta. I have a nice room in a shared house with a guy and his daughter who just finished a bad divorce, and there will be a married couple moving in next week. I am lacking pretty much everything right now since everything is in storage and getting someone to help has been very very difficult. So I'm living on an air mattress on the floor. Which while I'm happier in general than I've been in a long while (this place has windows!) it really sucks to be living on the floor.

Cross your fingers that we find the rest of my select comfort bed. I miss it. But yay for not being homeless anymore. Should be able to return next week - need to get a wireless card for my pc
Pakpao 12 years ago
at least you're out of the hotel. hope things continue to improve.