Evan Talkingwater - Anantya

Basic Information

Birth Name (Name Guidelines): Howahkan
Aliases: Teetonka , Evan Talkingwater
Place of Birth: South Dakota
Agereal and apparent) (see the age breakdown for vampires here, see the real/apparent age calculator for werewolves here) 2006, 26
Male/Female: Male
Current Occupation: Bartender, Computer Expert (yes, these fit together)
Past Occupation: (If different from above) Warrior, Carnie,Photographer, Explorer

Appearance

Hair Color: Black
Length and Style: all one length to the back of his thighs, straight. Sometimes worn braided to keep it out of his way.
Eye Color: Brown black
Skin Color: very tan
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 190
Nationality: Lakota
Race: (I.E. Vampire, Werewolf, human etc.) Vampire
Body Type: Slender but muscular
Wolf Form (Werewolf - please read first):

Description (if an NPC) or name of your creator/gifter(if a PC) ( Please be as specific as possible, who your creator/gifter was, why he chose to change you, where is he/she now?): Margosha Ivanova, A member of the Order of the Night. Margosha was a white wolf shape shifter who was killed in a fight between the vampires and werewolves just after the war between the races. She was a lithe woman, pale as porcelain with dark hair and startling blue eyes. She never condoned what Anantya required of the wolves in order to end the war.

Personal Questions

1. Describe your character's personality sociable, easy going, good humored
2. Describe how your character would appear to a stranger (I.E. typical dress, way they carry themselves etc.) Most people notice the long hair and distinctive features and then expect some Hollywood version of an Indian. Evan dresses casually in clothes that are comfortable, he smiles a lot
3.What does your character like? Learning about people, giving away things he has made, being outdoors, video games, thunderstorms,heights
4. Dislike? Dishonesty, possessiveness, wastefulness, judging based on appearance,littering
5. (For humans) Describe what abilities you see your character having if they were turned.
6. What are your fears? (please choose and explain 3 minimum)

That his people and their customs will fade from existence. That they will be overwhelmed from the outside and die out.

That there will be another war between werewolves and vampires and that he will have to choose between his friends and his clan.

Becoming too tied to a place and being unwilling to move on. At the same time, he also fears becoming adrift, a wanderer without family or purpose.

1. What is your character's strengths and weaknesses? (please pick 3 minimum of each and explain in detail how and why this affects your character)

• Charming - Evan can be quite the smooth individual. He can talk to anyone about nearly anything.

• Observant - As both a hunter and simply a social creature, Evan is very good at noticing things, about people in particular, and about his surroundings as well.

• Giving - He is a giving person, of not just things but also his time and energy. He enjoys helping.

• Social Creature - Evan does not like to spend time alone. He prefers to be in the middle of crowd, or within a community of people. He might not always interact but their presence in comforting.

• Stubborn - He can be very set in his opinion once he's made up his mind on something. Normally talkative once Evan goes quiet on a subject that usually means that he has reached a decision and the topic is no longer up for discussion.

• Private- For all his chatter and chit chat, Evan does not like to talk about himself. Luckily most people are plenty interested in speaking of themselves and would probably never notice.

• Vampire -

Abilities (Listed here)

Chameleon
psychometry
Coat of Arms
shapeshifting - black billed magpie

Flaws (Listed here)
Won't feed on - Smokers, Drug Addicts, Drunks (A drink or two is fine, but more alcohol than blood is not)
Addiction - Hunting, He must pick, plan, follow, and successfully feed from his chosen prey. Not doing so is a great disappointment which leads to more practicing. He spends a lot of time each time he feeds and would not find the quick meal easily gotten to be very satisfying. ( a clanless vampire is an even better, more challenging target and he'd choose those where possible.)
Superstitious

Werewolf -

Abilities - Listed here (Include Tier Points) -

Flaws - Listed here(Include Tier Points) -

Hobbies & Skills (for more information, read here)

Sings
Carves stone and bone
Does leather working and bead work
Wood working and carpentry
makes amulets and occasionally gifts these to people
mimicry (what do you expect from a magpie?)
Acting
Archery
Firearms
Excellent computer skills
Horseback riding
Flying - small planes
Forestry, naturalist, survival skills
Excellent with a knife, and hand to hand fighting
Throwing, axes, knives, bottles...whatever
Magic tricks, especially fond of close up magic
Has degrees in psychology, sociology and anthropology
Mixing Drinks and running a bar
Photography
Speaks various native languages, English, Latin, French, Spanish, Hawaiian, American Sign Language and Plains Sign Language.

Cosmetic Traits(Distinct, character defining physical attributes. These should be minor and offer no real power other than to make your character appear more interesting.)

Two small horizontal scars on his chest. Pierced ears

Quirks and Habits worthy of mention -

Rarely eats - He considers this a waste of resources since it does nothing for him. It is disrespectful. The exceptions would be times where it would be disrespectful to a host or whoever prepared the meal to refuse it.

Has bird like traits in human form, like tilting his head sideways to look at things more closely. Can sometimes be very still, watchful.

Personal History 3rd person (1st is acceptable) but please be as detailed as possible, this can/will affect your rp with other players.

Some white people were in America long before the others. They came quietly in ones and twos and they didn't go home to brag about their discoveries. They weren't really human either.

I came to discover such people completely by chance; though, some might consider it fate. I had been with a small hunting party. We had set up camp for the night and most everyone had already been sleeping. I had gotten up and gone into the woods to answer the body's call. While on my way back I heard something in the distance. It sounded like a woman and then there was the sound of...wolves.

I went toward the sounds, not thinking that I only had a knife on me and that I was putting myself in danger. At the time it seemed like a good idea, heroic and brave.

When I found the wolves I saw no sign of the woman. There were a couple of greyish wolves snarling and fighting with a pure white wolf. The grey ones were some of the biggest wolves I had ever seen. As I watched, still wondering what had become of the woman, the white wolf gained the upper hand. I stayed silent, hoping to slip away and search the area once the wolves were gone. The white wolf was the lone survivor of the attack. Some of my brothers, hearing the noise, came to investigate. They were wiser and better armed with bows and spears. The scene they came upon was a bloody white wolf standing in the clearing next to two dead men. Bows were raised. I continued my impulsive actions, standing in front of their bows and talking to them, asking them not to kill the white wolf who was only defending itself against the attackers. I explained what I had seen. My people aren't so closed minded, at least they weren't. When I explained that the men were wolves and they attacked first they let the white wolf leave, unmolested. We headed back to camp and began packing it up to move.

Once we had reached a new site. I heard the voice again. I stepped away from the others; this time carrying the bow. A woman stood in the woods. She looked like a spirit, pale with far set eyes the colour of the sky. I knew then, as certain as I was of my own self that this woman was the white wolf. She thanked me for 'saving' her.

Several months later she came to me again, stepping out of the night. She said she had been watching me and was here to offer me a gift. I walked with her and we talked late into the night. She told me about her people, what they were, what they did, how they lived. I was to think on it for a week, meditate and pray. If I chose to accept her gift then I knew where to find her.

In that time I thought about my life and my people. I had no children. My wife had passed away in childbirth. I had not found someone new though there were several who wished that I would choose them. I suppose I had much to offer as a young healthy man with a home. I had mourned my wife's death for long enough. I had started to consider beginning anew but my heart was not fully in it. Perhaps this way, becoming a hunter forever, was my calling. I said goodbye to my people in my own way and then went to join her.

We lived for many years together, Margosha and I. She taught me to hunt as a vampire hunts. When war came with the shifters we both were involved, both reluctantly. Not long after its end, my Creator died. I heard of it from her current lover. He wanted revenge and recompense beyond that which he had already taken from those directly involved in her death. I felt he was not right.

Like Margosh, I believed vampires and werewolves should be able to live together in peace. For many years I have sought to help both races. Trust has been hard won with the weres but some of them know that they have at least one friend among the undead.
OOC Checklist

Player name (online is fine) -Mai
Other Characters you play -Mai + Lots More
How you came to SA (Other board, friend, etc) -TAC
Have you read all the Rules?yes
Do you understand that this is an adult board with adult content (sometimes graphic and violent in nature)?yes
This board is adult only. Are you over the age of 18? yes