There Is NO Rum

Coffee brewing, check. Mead chilled, check, fool around with boyfriend... check. Boy it was a good thing that they started getting ready early. Eiryk still had time for a quick shower while Alex finished cooking. Apparently, he was not welcome in the kitchen while cooking was happening. It was probably for the best.

He had a number of movies ready to go, with Pirates of the Caribbean being first up. That was more to torment Rowan than anything. He also half hoped everyone had seen it so they didn't have to be too quiet or pay too much attention.

Sliding into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around Alex, resting his head on Alex's shoulder and lightly kissing his cheek.

"You don't mind giving up our night do you? I just thought it might be nice."

Besides he needed to know what happened with that room Chris had taken over.

Alex Aristos 13 years ago
It was a good thing they were doing snack food tonight. It would have been almost impossible to do much more with the various, uh, distractions. Tonight they were having nachos and taco casserole dip, consisting of layered spiced meat, beans, vegetables, cheese and sour cream. He'd made guacamole and salsa, which had slightly more kick to it than intended but still tasted good.

There was also popcorn, staying warm on the stovetop warmer, and chocolate-dipped pretzels. It had all been ridiculously easy to make, and looked and tasted pretty good.

As Eiryk came up behind him and got all kinds of cuddly Alex smiled.
"How is it giving it up? We're still having our night. It's fine, sharing it with friends."

He really didn't mind. How could he? He liked Rowan plenty and while he hadn't met Eiryk's other friend he couldn't imagine not liking him either. Eiryk was a friendly person who generally tended to attract and be attracted to equally friendly people. He had no issues with a movie night. It gave him more people to cook for. Had to be his Greek heritage. Anyone from the mediterranean was obligated to feed the world.
Christian Bern 13 years ago
Christian arrived at the time Eiryk had told him, sporting faded black jeans and a white henley. He didn't even have all the buttons closed. Cris thought wryly that a few people in the Towers might not recognize him.

It was rare that he spent his off time around the Towers. Alfarinn would say that it was rare that he spent off time anywhere. There were times when being bonded to your elder had draw backs on one of those included his gentle but constant reminders that Cris needed to go enjoy himself. The company of the two men he met at the coffee shop had been pleasant; both men were intelligent and easy going. Their familiar banter and more sociable nature allowed him to be a part of the conversation without feeling the need to add words just for the sake of filling a void.

He brought a notebook with some sketches, swatches, photos, and other info to show Eiryk how the finished room turned out, some imported hot chocolate and some swiss medium roast coffee. After the horned helmet discussion Christian thought he should make amends.

Transferring everything to one hand, he knocked on the door.
Eiryk 13 years ago
"Maybe giving up is the wrong word, maybe I just don't like sharing you... even with people I like. Hmmmm... yes that must be it."

He kissed Alex's neck, softly letting fangs drag over the sensitive skin there. He had been keeping to his promise not to feed any where else. But he also hadn't bitten Alex for several days and was starting to get hungry. Tonight... after everyone had gone.

Letting himself get distracted by the food he stole a chocolate pretzel, half expecting to get his hand slapped. Alex could be a bit proprietary in the kitchen. Eiryk kind of liked it.

Saved by the door. His fox senses, trade mark pending, told him it would probably be Christian. Pirates were not always punctual, or more likely he just wanted one more thing to rib Rowan about. You'd think after 1200 years that would get old. But it didn't.

Opening the door he saw a blond bearing gifts and smiled broadly.

"Christian good come in, make yourself at home. Kitchen is through there, beware the Greek though."

He shot a wicked grin at Alex half daring the man to chase him around the apartment with a rolling pin or something. Alex wouldn't do that, but Eiryk could dare.

"Christian, Alex my boyfriend. Alex Christian... he... randomly took over a French Country project for me."

Eiryk still wasn't sure why, but it was funny, it was. He truly hadn't intended to pawn the job off, just to bitch a little bit.

((OOC... for the record Eiryk tends to wander around barefoot, or just in socks so no point in anyone keeping their shoes on, although he won't say anything if people do))
Alex shook his head at Eiryk and laughed softly. "This was your idea," he reminded his boyfriend. "You don't get to complain about sharing if it was your idea."

When Eiryk stole a pretzel Alex playfully stuffed it into Eiryk's mouth and followed it with a kiss, turning away with another laugh as Eiryk went to answer the door. The man who entered was much smaller than Alex, blond haired, blue eyed, and of a somewhat lithe build. Alex, hands slightly full, rolled his eyes at Eiryk with a grin and smiled a little shyly at the newcomer.

"Nice to meet you Christian. So you're the one Eiryk has been building a shrine to."

Eiryk had told him about the random encounter at the Mall. He'd been surprised and thrilled to find someone willing to take on that particular project.

"I'm not much of a decorator but apparently that was a big deal," he said, carrying his casserole dish full of taco dip to the dining room table and setting it down next to the bowls and plates already there. On the way back to the kitchen he stopped to politely offer his hand to Christian.
Christian smiled at the dark haired man in the kitchen and then raised an eyebrow at the other blond.

"A pleasure to meet you, Alex."He shrugged slightly. "It was an enjoyable change."

It was relaxing, in a way; he always enjoyed paying attention to details. Getting the special touches right that made a room unique and perfectly suited to the people who were going to use it was challenging but rewarding. Christian was sure that with enough time it would seem like a job but for this project he found it a pleasant project to focus on. It hadn't contained any crime, violence or twisted moral behavior, just pillows, swatches and paint colours.

He shook hands with Alex and then turned his attention back to Eiryk, somewhat curious.

"So how did the work in security go?"
Rowan Murphy 13 years ago
Rowan burst out of the elevator onto Eiryk's floor, ran down the hallway, and rapped on the door of his friend's apartment. He was supposed to have had all day and all night off but his shift had run long and he'd picked up another one since he couldn't very well leave the building once the sun had come up. But damn it, he had meant to be on time.

Now he stood outside Eiryk's place, bag in one hand, hair still damp from the shower he had had to take to be in polite company, looking as decent as he could given his time constraints. He was wearing a pair of black cargo pants with a greyish green tee shirt over them, somewhat hastily slung on. His socks didn't match and his shoes were untied... wait, one of them was down the hallway. He ran back to retrieve it and balanced it with the bag in his arms, trying not to trip on the laces of his other shoe as he ran back to Eiryk's door.

He sighed and rolled his eyes at himself as the door opened and Eiryk greeted him with his usual cheerful smile. Rowan entered and saw Alexander moving food around, and noted that Christian had already arrived too although he was still standing nearby so maybe Rowan wasn't too late.

"Sorry, sorry," he said to everyone as he entered, wishing he had telekinesis so his shoe wasn't balanced precariously on the bag he supported with two arms. He turned around to close the door with his foot but Eiryk was already doing it, so Rowan simply missed and swished. He flailed for a second, tough to do when your arms were full, almost completed his turn, and then realized his shoe wasn't turning with him. Jerking to a halt before he could even try to save himself and/or look graceful, the shoe that had been on the bag toppled off and hit the floor with a thud.

"I was only supposed to work a single but it turned into a double, and then it took a little bit to get here because traffic was a mess, and I did have to stop at the store, and then once I got here I had to shower because believe me, I wasn't at all pretty and please tell me you have shot glasses because I brought alcohol."

Rowan finished his incredible run-on sentence by holding the paper bag out, closing his eyes, and looking somewhat aggrieved. Sighing, he looked at the other three men.

"It's been a really long twenty four hours."

He grinned and shrugged, glad he was finally off work. And sort of on time.

((ooc: Permission for Eiryk's movements))
Eiryk 13 years ago
Eiryk had wolfed down the pretzel and ushered Christian in and almost immediately looked for something to throw at Alex.

"It wasn't a shrine... it was more like an icon. And it is only in the preliminary stages."

He protested cheerfully. Although he did look a bit guiltily at Christian.

"Well... for some reason they didn't quite trust me so you might have to settle for an IOU."

Eiryk just neglected to mention part of the reason they might not have trusted him was his falling flat on his face as soon as he got there, followed by a pinball like stumble that had created some havoc. Which was a shame too as he had been looking forward to the whole ear piece thing.

"Sit. Sit, eat too or Alex will go after you. I would love to know how the room came out and what I owe you."

Enter Hurricane Rowan. Eiryk watched the whole show with something akin to shock dumb struck all he could do was take the bag that had been thrust out at him. With a stunned blink he turned to Alex.

"Is this what it looks like when I come to the door?"

But Rowan still got a welcoming hug, once it looked like he wasn't going to fall over and break something or some one.

"Yes shot glasses in the kitchen, there is also food coffee and mead chilling. Sit, relax, try not to kill some one, you know Alex and Christian."
Alex continued moving things from the kitchen into the dining room, not interrupting the conversation between Christian and Eiryk. He only smiled and shook his head when Eiryk mentioned building an icon instead of a shrine.

A muffled thump heralded Rowan's arrival and Alex looked up in surprise as the redhead entered in a move that was remarkably Eiryk-like. He didn't admit it but he had a bit of a hard time understanding Rowan, whose muddled accent apparently got even more so when he was flustered, which he clearly was.

"A little," he said thoughtfully, answering Eiryk's question, "except there was no falling, there seem to be no injuries, and nothing is broken." He came around the kitchen bar top and took the paper bag from Eiryk before all the above came true. "Nicely done," he added to Rowan.

He nodded at the food on the dining room table.
"Help yourselves," he said as he brought Rowan's offering to the kitchen and turned to Christian, whose arms were still full. "Can I put those in the kitchen?"

When various packages were placed on the bar top and the shot glasses had been located Alex joined their company in the dining room. The food wasn't meant to be eaten as if they were going to formally dine; the plan was for them all to load up and head into the living room for their movie.

"Drinks?" He asked, remembering there was yet more. "Shots, mead, whatever suits you."
Christian looked between the two, apparently his shrine had been downgraded to an icon that was not completed. He looked over at Eiryk and gave him serious advice.

"Be sure to get the eyes right."

It would seem that some accident had left the security team wary of Eiryk's abilities. He frowned thoughtfully and was going to reply when Rowan knocked on the door, entering with excessive momentum. Christian watched the acrobatic display, noting that at least the redhead managed to stay upright.

Eiryk and Alex compared Rowan's entrance with some of the other blond's. It would seem security had reason to be concerned.

The explanation for why Rowan was late was enough to make Christian glad he could walk to work. He gave Alex a smile and handed him the coffee and hot chocolate. The food did look delicious so he did not believe any threatening was going to be necessary to make sure it was eaten. A voice that sounded suspiciously like Alfarinn's reminded him that he was off duty and should relax.

"Meade sounds excellent."

Moving to the dining room, he turned back to Eiryk.
"Come back when you have some time and want to try working in Security again. They won't turn you away if I'm there. You can join me."
Rowan gladly yielded his bag of rum, as ordered, to Eiryk before thinking better of it but by then it was too late. Fortunately Alex intervened and removed the bag from Eiryk's hands, with a compliment to Rowan. Rowan grabbed the hem of his shirt and curtsied gracefully, grinning at the dark-haired human as he brought the bag into the kitchen and deposited it on the counter top.

He returned Eiryk's hug and smiled at Christian before retrieving his fallen shoe and contemplating whether to put it on or take it off. With a shrug Rowan pulled his other shoe off since it wasn't even tied and Eiryk did have some lovely carpets. He put them both by the door and looked up when Christian mentioned mead.

"That sounds good. For starters." Eiryk's mead was definitely the good stuff. If Rowan desired complete alcoholic obliviation he would hit up the rum for that, not Eiryk's home brew. He didn't drink heavily very often though... like he needed another reason to oversleep.

Christian's words to Eiryk made Rowan raise his brows in curiosity but he didn't pry. Instead he inspected the table with its various snack-like offerings. Eiryk had mentioned Alex enjoyed cooking; it was a skill Rowan did not possess. He liked eating on occasion, though, so it was always good to know someone better equipped in that area than he.

For his part, Rowan hadn't yet turned on any of the heating elements in his kitchen and did not plan to. Cooking was definitely not his thing.

"Looks really good," he said to Alex. "Perfect movie night fare."

He didn't have to be told twice; he picked up a bowl and dove in. Rowan figured the best way to compliment any chef was to enjoy what they offered.
Eiryk 13 years ago
Eiryk would have said something more about Rowan's entrance and Alex's opinion of his natural grace, but he tripped over his own feet and ran face first into the door. That kind of ended the conversation as far as Eiryk was concerned.

Instead he answered Christian while queuing up the movie.

"Well let's take a look at this room and depending on how you did we'll worry about eyes and your best side. If it is really good I think I've got some pull in the Vatican and we might arrange sainthood.�

French country counted as a miracle as far as Eiryk was concerned. Of course, trusting and supportive or not he had been keeping half an eye on the project and honestly was not displeased. More important the clients didn't seem to be. Christian might wind up with a part time job at this rate.

"I will hold you to that security gig. I was looking forward to the ear piece.�

Moving into the kitchen he poured mead for everyone. It was an experiment, orange vanilla. The flavors were subtle and it was semi dry mead, not overly sweet. He was rather pleased with this one so far. It would be interesting to get some other opinions.

Eiryk just leered at Alex, very clearly thinking about things like body shots, even though he had the good taste not to say anything as he loaded up a plate of goodies. But getting his mind out of the gutter he shook his head.

"I think the rum might be reserved for a drinking game. We just need some rules. It is a pirate movie and a pirate drink and we have a pirate here...�

He was grinning broadly, yes this sounded like a great idea. Why hadn't he come up with an idea a head of time. Well probably because he didn't often play drinking games.
This was enjoyable to Alex. He liked having company. He wasn't always the most vocal member of a crowd but that didn't mean he wasn't having a good time. He smiled at Rowan's compliment. "Hopefully it tastes as good as it looks," he said. "It's a new recipe."

When Eiryk poured the mead Alex handed a glass to both Christian and Rowan before taking the other two and putting them on a tray. He put four shot glasses on the tray as well and then peered into the bag Rowan had handed to Eiryk.

"There's certainly enough for a drinking game," he remarked with a soft laugh. "Maybe several drinking games."

He liberated two bottles of rum and added them to the tray. They could break into a third if they needed to. He knew Eiryk could hold his liquor and it was likely Rowan could, as well. Alex was no light weight either, thanks to far too many hard parties in the not so distant past, and while he obviously didn't know Christian he wasn't going to assume the smallest guy in the room couldn't hold his own.

After bringing that tray into the living room and setting it on the ottoman that doubled as a coffee table, Alex returned to the dining room, loaded up on snacks, and carried that out as well.

"Anyone need anything else for now?"

He waited in the living room until everyone seemed to be getting settled; Alex couldn't make himself comfortable until his guests were.
Christian laughed and decided not to mention there was already a Saint Crispin; he even had his own day made more famous thanks to Shakespeare. He set the book of pictures and notes on the bar which freed his hands completely for food. Tapping it, he told Eiryk.

"Its right here whenever you want to take a look."

He smiled and shook his head about the earpiece. Turning to Rowan and Alex he shrugged.
"I hear it is very sexy. If you like that Secret Service look."

Taking the glass of meade, Christian took a sip and noted that it was unique, the flavor was unexpected but very good.
"This is excellent. Remind me to gloat to Alfarinn later. He will be sorry he missed it."

He was busy filling a plate when the talk of a drinking game started. Pausing, Christian considered this development with some hesitation. That would involve a lot of alcohol and he didn't normally get that drunk. He sent to Alfarinn. [Drinking game?] There was easy mental laughter and much approval from the other side of the bond. [Relax, Cris, its all in good fun. You're off duty and its not like you'll die from it.] Christian muttered mentally [You don't know that. I might walk off a balcony or something in my drunken stupor.] Laughter was the only response.

He replied to Alex.
"This is perfect."
Rowan dipped a tortilla chip into the casserole and sampled it; it was surprisingly complex. He chewed, swallowed, and raised his eyebrows at Alex. "better than it looks," he said, accepting the glass of mead and sipping at that too. He rolled his eyes. "I'm almost in heaven."

Eiryk's suggestion regarding Rowan's contribution to the night was met with a grin.
"Well, I can say with complete honesty that the only pirate drinking game I know is called 'drink until you can't see straight, wench until you fall over, then try to drive your boat safely out of port.' Somehow, I don't see it applying here."

Pirates weren't exactly subtle and complex in their entertainments. Eiryk was right; Rowan was in a very good position to know. He didn't expound on that however. It seemed enough to gloss over it... the details weren't pretty.

Rowan was about to head into the living room to join Alex when Christian responded to Eiryk's wish for an earpiece. He stopped and glanced back at Eiryk and then conceded that he would indeed look good in the Secret Service getup. He met Alex's eyes and, from the way Alex had turned a bright shade of red, Eiryk's boyfriend clearly thought so too.

Then Rowan looked at Christian, whom he had seen in such a suit, recently, and he did a bit of a double take. While somewhat small and lightly built, Christian was lithe and athletic, clearly in good shape beneath the lines of the unbuttoned white henley. He'd sure done the suit and earpiece justice, himself. Rowan hadn't given it much thought at the bookstore, having been somewhat distracted by the book dropped on his head (and slim fingers running through his hair and...)

Oh shit.

Christian was kind of hot.

Smiling, Rowan shook his head as he laughed softly.
"Yeah, it's definitely sexy." One of his favorites, anyhow. He turned and headed back toward the living room with food and drink, pausing a moment. Alex and Eiryk were certain to take the love seat as they had before. While Rowan didn't necessarily trust the comfortable couch, he didn't want Christian to think he was being rude by taking the only available armchair across the room.

With a tiny sigh and an inner vow to not fall asleep this time, Rowan seated himself on the couch. Leaning back he said to those in the dining room,
"Eiryk's mead is always worth it. His worst experiments are better than most 'top brands' I've ever tried."

Sipping at it again, himself, he said,
"So how exactly is this drinking game going to go?"
Eiryk 13 years ago
"Rum? Good lord that's a lot too. Do I even want to know what you have planned?"

Eiryk wouldn't have been shocked by one bottle, or even two, just for taste, but Rowan apparently had an ulterior motive here. It looked like fun.

He nodded to Chrisitan not too intent on working tonight.

"I'll look it over in the next day or two and let you know. I'm just glad some one did it."

Catching just a little bit of a blush from Alex Eiryk laughed.

"Does a blue tooth headset work because I might have one around here. Or run down to the mall and by one?"

It was, however, Eiryk's turn to blush. He was proud of his mead and worked hard on them. Centuries of practice, he was susceptible to flattery about them.

"I have a few more bottles of this one, but I make no promises it came out better than I hoped."

It was a little hard not to fuss over Rue, they'd been friends a long time and he knew tired when he saw it. But this was better for him than unwinding alone after a long shift (or five).

"Remember you said that when it is your turn to buy."

Munching on his own taco inspired snack Eiryk turned liquid eyes on Alex, that was good. Almost Thanksgiving good. He was a happy man. Making himself at home on the loveseat leaving the sofa and chair for Christian and Alex he rolled his eyes. Pirates.

"You can still get it up when you can see straight? When did you learn that skill, because I don't remember it."

Waiting for Alex to join him h heaved a very put upon sigh.

"Four people in this room and three of you can't come up with a drinking game? That is sad. Let's see... every time Jack gets slapped do a shot?"

No that was no good he only got slapped like four times.

"Every time he specifies 'Captain' Jack Sparrow.... work with me people."
Alex seated himself as everyone seemed to filter into the living room with various snacks and drinks, smiling at Christian and nodding his gratitude for the acknowledgment. He leaned back comfortably with his own food, smiling softly at the banter and wincing at Eiryk's low blow to Rowan.

"Ouch," he said. "That was low."

The rules of the game were laid down... sort of.

"A shot for every boat we see?"

No, that wouldn't work unless they wanted to be hammered into oblivion within the first half hour.

"Every boat complete with sails?"

He shrugged and looked at Eiryk.
"Our drinking games didn't involve a lot of movie watching."
Christian found himself the brief object of scrutiny as the suit and earpiece were mentioned, not surprising considering it was his normal attire. Rowan looked at Eiryk and Alex was obviously thinking of his partner at that moment but the redhead's attention turned to him as well. Christian regarded him solemnly as Rowan turned away and stated that the look was definitely sexy.

He'd never given it much consideration; it was appropriate for work. He half smiled as he headed into the living room. Christian just shook his head about the blue tooth, taking a seat on the sofa with Rowan so that he didn't look antisocial.

He raised both his eyebrows and looked over at the man next to him to see his response to the Viking's shot across the bow. Christian decided if the two were going to continue as they had at the coffee shop then he was going to need more popcorn. Sticking a few pieces in his mouth, he leaned back on the sofa and looked over at Alex with an amused smile, offering him a few pieces as well.

At least Alex didn't suggest a drink every time they heard the word pirate. Cris decided to make a slightly more tame suggestion based on the one Alex had given, in the hopes of making it home on his own two feet.

"How about a toast to the namesake of the movie. The Black Pearl. Surely, a pirate can agree with toasting a ship, yes?"

Christian turned to Rowan for his opinion.
Rowan shifted a little as Christian joined him on the sofa, giving him some room but staying close enough to reach the ottoman and its tray of shot glasses. He was looking at the TV when Eiryk delivered what he had to agree with Alex was a low blow.

Turning to Eiryk with an arch expression Rowan said,
"You don't remember? I thought you could hold your drink a lot better than that."

As far as comebacks went it wasn't his best, really. He'd done better. Obviously being tired had him a bit off his game.

He was saved from having to try again by Christian's suggestion about the movie's namesake. He looked at the blond and grinned in return
. "It is always a good idea to toast your ship," he agreed. "An excellent suggestion."

If he recalled correctly, the name of the ship was mentioned a few times here and there. maybe ten or so, plenty for them all to feel pretty good.
Eiryk 13 years ago
"Just what did these games involve?"

Eiryk asked with a curious good humor. He always wanted to know about Alex.

Cheerfully munching on pop corn and sipping at his mead Eiryk watched the movie start, gratified people were getting into the spirit of the game.

Rowan made him laugh, he shook his head.

"Weak old man. Just weak only five out of ten."

Everyone had their off nights though, so Eiryk wasn't worried about it. He would just be happy scoring on Rowan as he could.

Every time they saw a boat? Even Eiryk didn't know if he could handle that. Even with adding the sails idea it was a -pirate- movie there were lots and lots of ships and sails and ships with sails. Christian seemed to find the middle ground. At least Eiryk hoped he had, he couldn't remember how many times they talked about the ship. The ship that doubled as the title character. It should be good.

He poured four shots, be prepared and all. Entering into the spirit of the movie he half cheered.

"We have an accord! To the Black Pearl! Wait... does that count or does it have to be the movie?"

Eiryk was quite happy, Alex, friends, food, movie, something good to drink oh he'd tried to live like this every day and it never worked. He needed a goal, something to accomplish on a daily basis. It made moments like this more special, worth while.
Alex shrugged at Eiryk. "Drinking, drugs, stupid pointless orgies. Maybe I'm getting old but I'll be honest - this is a lot more fun."

Christian's gesture was met with a smile and a nod of his head as Alex held up his own popcorn and happily crunched on some before nudging Eiryk in the side to request better behavior from him.

As they settled on the actual drinking game, the shot-worthy phrase provided by Christian, Alex picked up his shot glass and lifted it. He shook his head at Eiryk.
"It doesn't count, but there's the name of the movie on the screen right now. That probably counts."

All four of them knocked back the first shot at once as Eiryk hit play. Alex poured the next shot so they had it ready to go and settled back to enjoy the movie, which clearly they had all seen before. Somehow, though, like with many things, it seemed better with company.

Before long Alex had placed his bowl aside and was curled up on the love seat, leaning against Eiryk... and definitely feeling the buzz as they rapidly pounded three more shots within the first ten minutes of the movie as Jack Sparrow outwitted the two stupid guards on the docks.