Who are you?

Continues from I like what you did with the place

Lighting a cigarette, Kyle inhaled on it deeply as he moved slowly Nachton's main bus depot. Located not far from the airport, he listened to the over head speakers calling out departing and arriving buses. Lifting his chin up, he removed the cigarette from his mouth and exhaled a plume of white smoke up toward the ceiling. He ignored the annoyed looks from his neighboring pedestrians, not really giving two shits about how or where he smoked.

Looking woefully thin with dark circles under his eyes, sallow skin, and disheveled hair, Kyle replaced the cancer stick into his mouth and adjusted his black suit jacket. Physically he was the shell of the man he was five years earlier, but he still insisted on dressing with style. Black suits, minus the thin ties, he walked with purpose toward the bus depot's lockers.

He had managed to keep his sexually deviant doppelganger at bay. The ultra smooth and charming fucker who needed breasts like a fix lived in his reflection. Yes, he knew how ridiculous it sounded, but it was true. The other Kyle was, admittedly, very good with the ladies, but only if they were willing. When they weren't...well, let's just say that Kyle's already walked that path and it led to a prison cell with no belt, no tie, and no shoelaces. Avoiding his doppelganger had become a full time job that was until the night he fell six stories from his apartment building at the Liefde Towers.

Six months was a long time, but it took him even longer to figure out what was happening to him. Falling six stories just helped piece the puzzle together. So what was the picture in the puzzle?

Well obviously he was losing his fucking mind. That was a bit of a no brainer. He was also an Eternity addict, which was pretty god damn expensive. But he figured out a loophole around that. It was ingenious really. He patted himself on the back regularly for his solution in getting unlimited quantities of a priceless drug.

Turning into the lockerbays, Kyle moved deep within the enclosed section of lockers and walked down the aisles, looking up at the numbers as they crisscrossed with letters.

"One, two...buckle my shoe."

Kyle bit down on his cigarette and slipped his hands into the pockets of his trousers.

"Three, four...shut the door."

He inhaled on his cig, blowing out the smoke through his nose and double pumping it back through his mouth. Kyle chuckled at his clever trick.

"Five, six...pick up sticks."

Kyle slowed his gait as he reached row 18 and turned down the letter side of the bays. He was walking in the far back, near the corner as he zig zagged now through A to K.

"Seven, eight...lay them straight, yo."

He chuckled again as he passed an older man holding a shoe box. With his teeth gritted firmly on his cigarette, Kyle smiled making the man hurry along. Kyle mumbled through the rest of the poem unconsciously as he reached his locker. Pulling his keychain out of his pocket, he happily jangled the keys and found the correct one, inserting it into Row 18, Letter P, for Pickles, he thought to himself, and opened the locker door.

"Fifteen, sixteen...maids a courtin'."

His hands touched the box in the oversized top locker as he turned his head to the side and spit out his cigarette. It was a metal tool box with cascading shelves. Thumbing one handed through his keychain, he found the toolbox's mate and unlocked it.

"Seventeen, eighteen... maids a...waitin'".

Kyle opened the box and smiled. Inside were small vials that were painstakingly labeled with his handwriting. Each vial had a date and one to four words. This was all very cool and organized of him, but it was what was in the vials that made Kyle's eyes glow.

Each vial contained a candy red liquid. Kyle's eyes glittered with need. Running a finger over the vial labels, he finished the rest of the poem.

"Nineteen, twenty...my plate be empty, baby."

Reaching in he pulled out a vial from the five rows of vials he had stacked neatly in the toolbox. Lifting it to his nose, he inhaled deeply and gave it a sweet little kiss. Reaching into his inside breast pocket with his free hand, he pulled out a six inch long cylinder with an open section in the middle. He snapped the vial into the cylinder and held it in both hands.

Closing his fingers over the cylinder, Kyle shut the toolbox, locked it, shoved it back into the locker, and closed it.

Yuu 13 years ago
Shiroi Yuukaku's tinted red hair and tight fitting clothes are long gone. It had been six months since her life was turned upside and the existence of not just vampires but werewolves was brought to the forefront of her life. Simon Huntington had kept his word. Yuu was safe as the temporary District Attorney and she was never unprotected. This also meant that she was never alone and she had no idea how much she would miss that.

She sat her in her Merc chauffeured car eased into traffic from the courthouse where, at 31, supervised a dozen underpaid ADA's like she had been previously as well as interns, paralegals, legal assistants...the list went on and on. The ridiculousness of her appointment had not gone unnoticed in the media or within her office, police headquarters, but it was done. With a deep sigh she no longer felt the bull's-eye on her forehead but the weight of her position on her shoulders.

Yuu had chopped her hair short and let it go back to her natural deep black, but maintained the faintest of red tips. She wouldn't let go of her rebellion altogether - it's what kept her sane. Her suit was Armani and black with a severely small waist but pencil cut just above the knees. Crossing her legs in the back of her car, she glanced out of the window, watching as people filtered in and out of the bus depot across the street from the stoplight her car was sitting. That's when she saw him.

Rolling down her window, she peered out the window and watched as Kyle Evans crossed the intersection, illegally, with his hands in his pockets looking even thinner than she saw him the last time. If it wasn't for his suit, she would have thought he had gone the way of the meth addict he was so thin.

"Sullivan," she said leaning forward to her driver but keeping her eye on Evans. "Follow him."

"Ma'am?"

"Him. Him. Go, go, go. Follow Evans. The suit. Now!"

Sullivan grumbled as the light turned green, but they were still caught against the pedestrian traffic. Yuu huffed and then opened her door.

"Ma'am. Ma'am!" Sullivan said helplessly as Yuu jumped out of the car and followed after Evans with a vengeance.
Merc 13 years ago
Sullivan rolled his eyes and pulled into the closest parking spot he could find. The sun was already behind the skyscrapers of downtown so he moved effortlessly through the streets as he weaved in between the pedestrians, catching up to Miss Yuukaku. She was running in her four inch heels after the suit she pointed out. Sullivan didn't quite recognize the man, but he heard her say Evans. From behind the man had the hair and height but that was the only similarities he could see. If that was Evans, he had to have lost at least fifty pounds in the six months he had seen him. He recalled indirectly meeting Kyle Evans at the Police Station with Miss Yuukaku and he chuckled to himself remembering the incident.

No wonder the DA was interested in catching up to him. She probably wanted to pound the fuck out of him - granted he wasn't sure if it was in the brutal or sexual sense.

The suit crossed the street, walking three blocks down toward a strip of no-tell motels with the DA a block behind him. Sullivan caught up to her and slipped his blending veil over, watching not her directly but around her, keeping her safe per the Leader.

Hovering near her, she stopped at the edge of the parking lot of a Motel 6 when Evans (or whoever it was) ran up to the second level, entering 216. Sullivan waited, again watching the area around Miss Yuukaku when she bolted across the parking lot and followed Evans up to the room. Following her, he listened to the surrounding area and only picked up faint heartbeats and lusty sounds of females plying their trade; one guy sounded as if he was going to have a heart attack.

Miss Yuukaku climbed the steps ahead of Sullivan and walked to the room, immediately pounding on the door.
Kyle Evans 13 years ago
Kyle let himself into his motel room and immediately secured the titanium injector from his breast pocket into makeshift hiding place behind one of the vents in the room, pushing it as far back as his arm could reach. Replacing it, he moved everything back into its original place just as the pounding from his door began.

Twisting around, Kyle immediately went to his mattress and pulled out the handgun Nova and Carol had procured for him last year. Now holding it with an experienced hand, he held his hand with the gun behind his thigh and quietly approached the door.

"Yeah?" he yelled out, staying away from directly in front of it.

"Kyle, open the god damn door."

Frowning, he recognized the voice, but instead of opening the door, he pulled the hammer back on his gun. The voice was clearly Shiroi Yuukaku and it had been months since he had seen her and for good reason. His doppelganger had an affinity for her, so much so Kyle had had his way with her inside of fifteen minutes which is a personal best for him. She had cold cocked him with a Webster dictionary the last time he saw her, so Yuu showing up at his motel room was beyond unexpected.

It made him extremely nervous.

"Kyle!"

No one knew where he was, but with Yuu yelling his name at the top of her lungs, he knew he'd be leaving the motel that night, but not without figuring out what Yuu wanted. Tucking his gun into the back of his waist band, he risked a look through the peep hole and saw little Yuu standing angry as ever. Opening the door, he peeked out and looked up and down the walkway of his floor.

"Jesus Christ, Yuu," he mumbled and reached out, grabbing her arm. "Get in here." Once he pulled her in, he turned to slam the door when it stopped, mid swing.

Appearing out of thing air was a large hand holding the edge of the door. Attached to that hand was a sizable arm in a dark blue suit. Attached to that was the blue brick wall that had accompanied Yuu to Kyle's office, six months prior.

"Shit," Kyle mumbled nervously.
Yuu 13 years ago
"Sullivan, wait."

Yuu stepped back to the door and put her hand on top of her Merc's hand. He looked at her and narrowed his eyes.

"It's fine, really. Just give us a few minutes."

Sullivan flicked his eyes back at Kyle. "No," he said in a low voice.

"Oh because - I'm - a threat."

"Shut up, Evans," Yuu growled, looking back at the reporter. "You can eat him if he hurts me, ok?"

"Whoa, wait a second!"

Sullivan looked at Evans and scowled. Putting his hand on the doorknob, the merc kept his eyes on Evans as he slowly closed the door quietly, blending into invisibility just as the door shut.

Yuu took a deep breath and then turned to look at Kyle. He was a god awful mess of a man. His hair was down to his shoulders and his face gaunt. His suit hung on him, having lost at least forty or so pounds. When she had first met Kyle, he was handsome and arrogant; walking with the swagger of a man with nothing to lose, and as selfish and self absorbed as Han Solo with the looks and charm to boot. Now?

"You look like a meth addict in a nice suit, Kyle. What the hell happened to you?"

Kyle settled himself down on the edge of his bed and shrugged. Looking around, Yuu took in the small room and was instantly curious if not a little nervous. Every reflective surface in the motel room was covered, even down to the lamps. The dresser mirror was soaped over and the bed looked slept in, but on top of the covers. There were bottles of alcohol, empty bottles, on every surface of the room as well as food wrappers that were discarded. She did a slow circle of the room and then looked back at Kyle.

Yuu looked down at Kyle on the bed. He slowly blinked at her as if waiting for her to judge him, but instead she felt pity.

"Where have you been, Evans?"

"Around," he said slowly.

Yuu pushed her tussled bangs back, standing in the middle of the room. "This is, uh, well what is this? Why are you staying in a motel?"

Kyle looked down at the dingy carpet and sighed. "Yuu, what do you want?"

Kyle Evans had fallen off the face of the earth. Literally. After she brained him with that Webster dictionary and put him in the hospital, he checked himself out and was in the wind like a whisper. It had been sheer luck she even saw him after having spent the past six months trying to track him down, but now that she had him, she wasn't sure why she even bothered.

"You disappeared under a cloud of suspicion, Evans."

"You're here to arrest me?" Kyle held out his hands and showed her his wrists. "Is that what the District Attorney does now? I mean aside from assaulting material witnesses, which last time I checked, that's what you brought me in on."

Yuu paused, narrowing her eyes at him. Quietly she said, "For a drunk you're still pretty perceptive." She turned away and walked over to the dresser, picking up one of the empty fifths of hard liquor. "Fell off the wagon pretty hard, I see."

He glared at her silently.

"You asked me about them, in your office."

"As I recall," Kyle said with a wry grin, "I didn't say much of anything then."
Kyle Evans 13 years ago
Kyle thought Yuu was almost too high bred to blush, but when she did (and it was bright) he had to admit he liked it.

"There's a 250lb vampire right outside that door. Don't think I'm not afraid to use him."

Kyle held his hands up with a laugh, "Damn baby, chill. You brought it up."

"The vampires. You asked me about the vampires."

Kyle struggled with what he actually did remember of what little conversation they had six months prior in his office as he knelt down in front of her with his hands so far up Yuu's skirt that his elbows were on a first name basis with her knees. That wasn't him though, manipulating Yuu that way - taking advantage of her. He looked up at her and her angry, odd gray colored eyes. He wanted to tell her that he was running from something horrible, something evil that lived inside his mind - that she needed to run, far far away from him, but instead he stood and walked to the abused mini fridge on top of the alcove with the microwave and 4-cup coffee pot filled with who the hell knows. Opening the fridge he pulled out two beers and walked back up to her.

Twisting open the beers, he let the caps fall where they may onto the dirty carpet. "What about them? They're here in the city. Hell, they run the city, but I bet you already know that by now."

He offered her a beer but she just glared at him. Slowly she reached out and took it from him and then he padded back to the bed, sitting down on the edge.

Yuu looked at her beer and held it in both small hands. She half turned toward the door and nodded. "He's one of Simon's. Says he's protecting me against...something."

"Yeah," he said taking a long pull of his beer, "I've heard that schpeel before. Protected under the banner of clan Tacharan by the Golden Boy himself." He raised his glass and grimaced. "Lucky us."

Kyle drained his beer and then dropped the bottle onto the carpet. "We're both in the same boat now, sweetness. Except you're at where I was about a year ago." He gave her a gracious smile. "Aren't you excited? This is what you have to look forward to."

Yuu looked at her beer and then back at Kyle. "What are you running from?"

Kyle stood and walked up to Yuu, standing within a foot of her. He looked down at her beer and took the bottle, draining half of it in one gulp. "You really would not believe me if I told you."

"Try me."

He shrugged. "Why? What does it matter to you? You can't help me. You can't even help yourself."

"We should be able to do something, Kyle. Anything. I'm sick of...being trapped."

"Like I'm doing any better? At least you can see what you're running from."
Yuu 13 years ago
Yuu watched as Evans consumed his alcohol and felt sorry for himself. He was an alcoholic, probably manic depressive, paranoid, and unstable, yet there she was, asking for his help anyway.

"What did you do to have Simon need to protect you?"

Finishing the beer, he turned to the side and was polite enough to belch quietly. Tossing the beer onto the floor, Kyle took a deep breath and sighed. "Wrong place, wrong time. Story of my life."

Yuu reached up and touched Kyle's face, making him flinch slightly at her touch. His skin was clammy and his stubble coarse and prickly, but her touch was gentle, despite him being repugnant. Softly she said, "Kyle, we're alone, but we don't have to be. You and I have one thing in common. There's a big, fat bull's-eye on our backs. So the thought of having just you to rely on as a fellow compadre in a fucked up situation is a little disheartening. Fucking snap out of it."

She lowered her hand and looked up at Evans, her gray eyes pleading.

"Great pep talk, sweetness. Really." Evans leaned in, his breath smelling of scotch and dark beer. "There is no way out, Yuu. We're fucked."
Kyle Evans 13 years ago
Yuu's expression went from angry to downright scared. Apparently being shadowed by vampires was not as agreeable as one would think. He looked down at her and let the wry grin on his lips bloom into a salacious one.

"So is this where we realize we have no one but ourselves to lean on?" His voice softened into a seductive growl. "Then we come together into a hungry kiss and fuck ourselves retarded on the dirty bed, because I'm all for that. It's been a little while."

For such a small woman, Yuu was deceptively strong. She knew how to put her weight into a well aimed slap across the face. His head whipped to his left and he even had to take a step to keep himself balanced on his steadily growing drunken feet.

Wincing, he looked back at her. "Not yet, huh?"

"I don't get it. You're not that charming, Kyle." He rolled his eyes and nodded. "This is you, this pathetic attempt at seducing a woman, not the man you were in your office six months ago. I can't even begin to figure out how you managed that."

Kyle looked into her gray eyes and sighed. "Yeah, me neither. Usually takes a couple drinks and dinner and you didn't even drink your beer."

"Is everything a joke to you? This is all funny. The running? The whatever in the shadows?"

Kyle reached behind him and pulled out his gun, showing it to Yuu. She took a step back, but he dropped it on the bed and turned back to give her a sad look. "It's better than a bullet in my mouth, sweetness. I would imagine it tastes better, too," he added as an afterthought.

"I don't understand why you're here, Yuu. What do you want me to say?"

"Who killed the manager at Babylon? Who set up the vampires and tried to have me killed?"

"Well it's not the same person I'm running from."

"Who's that?"

Kyle shrugged. "Me. I'm running from myself."
Yuu 13 years ago
"You have drank yourself stupid."

"Told you you wouldn't understand."

Yuu gave the room another look. "You have got to stop drinking, Kyle."

"Ok," he said simply. "All done," he said lifting his hands.

"What else are you taking?" Kyle was quiet, just staring at her. "Christ, that bad? You're useless to me this way. When's the last time you've eaten?"

"Does Scotch count? Alcohol is made from grains." He paused, thinking it over. "I don't remember."

He was hopeless. Kyle was so far gone into his paranoia that it wouldn't be too long before he drank himself to death. Maybe that's what he was hoping for, since he was too much of a coward to do it the direct way.

"What happened with Simon?"

Kyle closed his eyes and slipped his hands into his pockets. "I did a good deed, for which I am still paying for. Do you remember that explosion by the docks a couple years ago? The Terrance Hillman warehouse?"

"That was before me, but I remember hearing about it. Terrorists?"

"Oh no, that was all Simon and Ellis. Hillman took something of hers and she wanted it back. I was there, of course, and got caught up in the whole damn thing. That's when Simon left Ellis to die."

"Wait, what?"

"Oh haven't heard that part yet? You should talk more to your Mercs."

"They don't talk at all."

"Oh, well that has to be boring. Well," Kyle said relaxing his shoulders, "Hillman tried to kill Ellis. He did kill me, but thanks to modern science and Duibne Industries amazing technological advances, I did not die, much like Ellis. Simon raided the warehouse with his clan to get back said stolen property, but he left Ellis behind to die. Queue me, running like crazy out of a burning building and Simon being thrown via the explosion into the daylight. So, I helped him, brought him out of the sun, let the fucker feed on me, and I've been paying for it ever since. He is so, so generous, that Simon."

"You were there?"

"Sweetness, I am always where shit goes down. That explosion, the Mayor's ball, Babylon when the manager was killed, when that serial killer was killed, by Ellis mind you. You name it, I was there." He snapped his fingers, "Oh, except for the Halloween zombie thing, thankfully I managed to stay out of that. I suppose even the unlucky get lucky once in and while."

"I don't know anything about Simon and Ellis. When I met them they were fighting over who got to kill my date."

"The Senator?"

"Yeah," Yuu said looking off at the carpet, her eyes glazing over. "The Mercs haven't been exactly forthcoming with answers to my questions. They just...hover."

"How much longer are you suppose to have them?"

Unbuttoning her suit jacket, Yuu angrily turned away, pulling it off. Her pale blue tank beneath exposed her arms, letting the coolness of the room temper her growing anger. Pressing her back up against one of the questionably clean walls, she crossed her arms and banged against it.

"I have no fucking clue, but I'm supposed to fucking live like this. I'm the District Attorney of a major eastern seaboard metropolis. I'm thirty one - it's ridiculous."

"It could happen," Kyle said grinning as he walked up to her against the wall. "You certainly are ambitious enough. I suppose all you Asians are."

Yuu rolled her eyes.

"I read your profile when you got into town. It's why most people aren't questioning it."

"I'm not the first ADA to die. There was Harold Gray in 2005. He was murdered."

"I remember that one. Part of my vampire expose'."

"There's been car accidents, suicides - at least five ADAs with seniority over me have died since then. I was supposed to die that night along with the Senator. I was the main target, not him."

The terror in her chest was beginning to overwhelm her. Whether she saw the danger, it was there and a constant reminder.

"I can't...I don't know how much longer I can do this. Not with," she glared at the front door, "those things being closer than my own damn shadow."

The tears she had been holding in, usually reserved for her morning showers, came spilling down her cheeks. Crying outside the privacy of her shower stall was one thing, but in front of Kyle Evans, drunk and suspected murderer was unacceptable, but she could not hold it in any longer.
Kyle Evans 13 years ago
What was it about women crying around him all the time?

Kyle watched as the stress of her death lingering around every corner finally got to Yuu. She was one of those angry criers and he was almost afraid to comfort her, because that's what men had to do when strong women broke down - they had to comfort them.

Lifting his hands slowly, he laid them gently on Yuu's bare shoulders. Her skin was so soft, so warm. It had been a long time since he had been near a woman, much less slept with one. The risk involved was just more than breaking some chick's heart, infinitely more. But she didn't flinch when he did it and the sarcasm and rudeness seeped out of him.

"Why do you think I drink, Yuu?" He pulled her off the wall and into his chest and she came to him willingly, god damn it. "I'd rather be blind drunk when it comes instead of seeing it up close and personal."

Yuu pressed her face into his chest and sobbed quietly. "What are you afraid of?" she mumbled into his shirt.

Kyle swallowed as he wrapped his arms around Yuu's small body, rubbing her back with the flat of his hands. "I didn't hurt that secretary in my office. I mean...it was me, but it wasn't. I wouldn't do that. To anyone. But I'm fairly certain I'm slowly losing my mind, Yuu."

Slowly Yuu wrapped her arms around Kyle's chest and he felt his southern regions wake up, responding to her touch.

"You're so thin, Kyle."

"Well, yeah."

Yuu looked up at him, her tear stained face soft with grief. "You're the only person I can turn to, Kyle. The only person who knows what I'm up against. We can help each other."

"Unless you mean by getting me a ham sandwich, I don't think it's a good idea, Yuu. I'm better off hiding."

Kyle felt Yuu lower her hands and clasp them together just above his waistline. Goosebumps rose up on the small of his back, reminding him that a beautiful woman was holding him.

"I just." She took a deep breath, her breasts pressing up against his chest, making his want wake up and take notice. "I'm surrounded but completely isolated. I need someone, if only to talk to." She looked up at him with her gray eyes and softly pink nose.

"You don't need anyone, Yuu. You're too mean to die." Kyle grinned down at her and a curious thing happened. It had been over a year since he had seen Nova. Almost that long since he had been with someone, if you counted being practically raped in his sleep by Ellis. But despite hiding from the world and his doppelganger, he realized he missed just being needed and in return, needing that certain someone. There's a lot to be said about feeling soft lips pressed against his or being sober enough to actually make love to a woman. Here was Yuu, in her roundabout and very odd way, asking him to let her need him.

Fifty pounds lighter and smelling like a brewery, he still had it.

Yuu smiled up at him, her almond shaped eyes glistening. Instead of kissing her, like she obviously wanted him to (and he wanted to as well), Kyle held her close and rested his chin on the top of her head, running his hands along the length of her back.

"All right," he mumbled. "I'll find you, don't look for me."

A powerful knock at the door made them both jump, effectively breaking the moment. Yuu pulled her arms away and wiped at her face as Kyle stepped back, releasing her from his embrace.

"What?" he yelled over his shoulder.

"Miss Yuukaku?" the hulk of a Merc said through the door.

"Yes, Sullivan. I'm coming out."

Reaching out, Kyle wiped a tear from her cheek with his thumb, making her look up at him. He held her cheek for a moment before she turned away, grabbing her jacket and leaving him standing there.
Yuu 13 years ago
Was she that desperate that she'd turn to, of all people, Kyle Evans for support? Finding him had been pure luck, maybe even fate, despite the fact that he was still wanted by the police and her job required her to notify them and bring him in, but he was hiding for a reason. It didn't feel right to betray him when she just barely got him to trust her. And maybe when she needed someone to trust.

Slipping her jacket on, she turned her back to him and with trembling fingers tried to work the buttons. She heard him turn and walk up behind her, standing close enough to hear him breathe. Her throat felt dry as she tried to swallow her nervousness.

"I won't look for you then. Considering everyone's been trying for six months and couldn't find hide or hair of you. Just...be careful, Kyle."

Turning, she walked back up to him and grabbed his face, kissing him deeply, surprised at how his body was still warm and masculine despite being damn near emaciated. Yuu didn't give him the chance to really kiss her back when she pulled away and walked to the door.

"Eat something and brush your teeth for Christ sakes, Evans."

And with that, she opened the door and left.

((OOC Yuu out))
Kyle Evans 13 years ago
OK he wasn't expecting this.

Yuu smelled like some soft, sweet perfume and her lips were salty from her tears. She kissed him hard, her tongue parting his lips and kissing him deeply. It had been way too long. Kyle barely returned the kiss when she pulled away again, leaving him empty and wanting. With her typical snarkiness, she slammed the door behind her as she left.

He let out something akin to an unhappy grunt as he exhaled and felt the distinct swell of a part of his body that had not been used properly in some time. Walking up to the door, he pressed his head against it.

"Ugh," he groaned as he double bolted the door. He closed his eyes and stayed like that for a good five minutes before getting back on track.

Yuu was a pleasant distraction, even though she did hit him. Again. But if she was being watched, then someone saw her come to his motel room and that meant it was time to leave. He had very little belongings in his room. Grabbing a black garment back with his extra suits, he threw it across the bed and fetched his toiletry bag from the bathroom. Then he got back down on his knees and opened up the vent where he stashed his precious cargo. Reaching in, he grabbed the titanium cylinder and replaced the vent cover.

He stood up and looked at the silver case with the rolling red liquid. Walking over to the bed he sat down next to his garment bag and pulled his shirt out of his trousers. Looking down he could see his ribs poking through this skin. He was wasting away to nothing. Popping the cap off the cylinder, he double pressed the top button and a lethal looking needle popped out. Laying the injector flat in his hand, he read the label on the small glass vial he had snapped into the injector at the bus station.

It read simply, "Glamour - Suggestion".

Kyle took a deep breath and then plunged the needle into his stomach.
Oringo Ramsey 13 years ago
Kicking the motel room door in was infinitely more fun than picking the lock.

Wearing white linen trousers and a matching jacket, Ringo caught the door with his hand as it begun to swing back closed, stepping into the room and immediately pinching his nose at the multitude of smells. Scotch, vomit, urine, semen...it was all there. Motel rooms were cesspool for the dregs of society and lucky him he got to search one.

The room was littered with empty bottles of liquor, food wrappers, and other garbage. Behind him was one of his Nakubili, standing near the door, keeping an eye on walkway and parking lot below for their mark.

Ringo looked at the bed and then at the walls. His face tightened up in confusion as he walked toward the dresser mirror and touched the surface. Smelling it, he rubbed his fingers together feeling the white substance.

"Soap?"

He twisted around and made a mental checklist of every item. Then he moved slowly into the bathroom and turned the light on. More soap. Doing a cursory search, he pulled the shower curtains back and peered at the chrome fixtures that were, again, soaped. Turning to the basin, Ringo washed the soap off his hands and looked questioningly at the dingy white towel hanging on the counter top. Opting to flick the water off his hands instead, he exited the bathroom, turning the light off behind him.

His Nakubili brethren stepped and looked at the room. "Why did he soap up all the reflective surfaces?"

Ringo gave his subordinate a dismissive wave and continued looking around the room. Near the floor on one of the walls was a vent. Walking over he reached into his pocket and took out his butterfly blade, opening it with a switch of his hand, he took the tip and pried it in between the vent and the wall. It easily fell.

"Interesting."

Moving the vent, Ringo peered into the vent and reached in, touching the surface with a finger tip. Pulling back, he rubbed his fingers together. Twisting around, he looked at the bed and moved over to it on his knees, shoving the mattress off its bed-spring box. The bed had been slept in, but not under the covers. Standing slowly, Ringo wiped his hands together and moved quickly to the door.

He made haste down to the manager's office, pushing in the double glass doors, signaling a bell. The manager approached from a room behind the counter, fat and bald, with a rather poor disposition for customer service.

"$75 bucks a night, $20 for two hours," the fat man mumbled.

Taking a picture from his back pocket, he laid it flat on the counter top, pushing it toward the manager. "This man was in 216? Where is he now?"

The fat man laid his hand on the counter and rubbed his fingers together. Ringo reached into his jacket and pulled out his devil's blade, pointing the tip at the manager. Then he smiled.

The fat man gulped and then pulled his hand back. Looking at the picture and he then tilted his head. "No he wasn't."

Ringo looked at the man, his hackles rising. The District Attorney had been tailed to this motel, room 216. Kyle Evans was spotted out in the walkway, letting her in. The manager had to be wrong.

"Are you sure? This man did not check into room 216?"

The fat man shrugged. "No. It was some brown haired guy. Not him. Not even close."

"Can you be a bit more descriptive, please?" Ringo asked politely.

The fat man was sincerely put out, but leaned on the counter and looked up, recalling the information. "Sorta light brown hair, short cut. Sort of a round face. Not quite brown eyes. He came in, said he was leaving. Paid in full and left about, oh, half hour or so ago?"

Ringo took his picture back and smiled. "Thank you."

Exiting the motel lobby, Ringo pulled out his phone and dialed a number to a disposable cell phone. He waited through three rings when it was finally picked up. There was never a salutation or barely anything spoken from his client. Ringo relayed his information and then hung up. Same every time.

"Sources say Kyle Evans was here, but the manager described someone completely different. I'm off to find the lovely District Attorney." He was about to hang up when the voice spoke.

"Leave her. He'll turn up. Keep an eye out on the other woman."

Ringo stopped walking. "She's with the Kadzait, makes it a little...difficult."

"No, she is not. She is with Huntington. Watch. Do not touch. Is that clear?" the voice added with a voice like steel.

"Crystal," Ringo replied and the call disconnected. Looking at the cell phone, he tucked it back into his jacket as he considered the players in the game.

One Shiroi Yuukaku - a very young District Attorney, Kyle Evans - a curiously fast and clever human, the vampires Huntington and Duban, the Kadzait Pipers and their leadership, and one Vivienne Sena - a ghost in their army. A curious group of targets designated by a voice on the phone with an extraordinary amount of money.

"Do we go after the DA Yuukaku, sir?" his Nakubili asked.

Shaking his head, Ringo continued walking to their car. There was one more step to the plan that had to be achieved and that was coming very soon. Till then, it was Duibne Industries and a little people watching.

((OOC Yuu, Kyle, Mercs, Ringo out))

(Continues in A certain reporter