Reunion (Private)

Rowan could swear Liefde was getting all wavy and blurry. He'd been on shift for nearly 48 hours thanks to two other doctors calling out sick. Fortunately there were no windows in the interior of the hospital; none that he allowed himself to go near anyhow. He hadn't dared nap however, for fear that someone would try to wake him and discover him comatose and unwakeable. So he was staggering back to his apartment at Liefde now, feeling tired but glad to be home.

His white lab coat had been left at the hospital; he hated it anyway and only wore it so people wouldn't assume he was a nurse and expect him to clean up all kinds of vile messes. So, stethoscope around his neck, he was finally dragging his feet into the towers, black scrubs wrinkled and in slight disarray, until he reached an elevator and slipped inside the door before it went up.

Not really noticing the people in it already Rowan leaned against one wall and tipped his head back, closing his eyes and sighing after punching the button for his floor.

Eiryk 13 years ago
Eiryk had been debating seriously making out with Alex in the elevator but he toyed with Alex's hair a bit. That would be enough distraction for twelve floors. He loved Alex and really didn't mind spending time at his place but he did look forward to spending time in his rooms. He was wondering how long he had to wait before he asked Alex to move in.

Some one else got in and he was glad he hadn't gone in for the making out thing and then he noticed show it was.

"Rowan, you look like like death warmed over. Tell me you at least had fun getting that way."

If nothing else he wanted to keep Rowan up until they could get him to his floor. Rowan, like Eiryk, went down -hard- when he fell asleep.

"Come on. You're coming with us, you need coffee then you can go to sleep."
Alex Aristos 13 years ago
Alexander looked at the company they had in the elevator. The newcomer was about his height, not hard to look at except that he looked pretty beat. He was wearing black scrubs and had a stethoscope hung around his neck but that was all there was that hinted at "respectably employed." Otherwise he had bright red hair cut to frame his face, tucked back behind one ear to reveal a lot of metal. There was a stud in his nose and he was wearing leather wrist bands. Interesting look for a nurse. Or doctor.

Eiryk seemed to know him, too. Was there anyone around here Eiryk didn't know? Alex looked at Eiryk with a question in his eyes as Eiryk invited the new guy up for coffee. He did look like he needed it.
Rowan Murphy 13 years ago
Rowan didn't open his eyes; he recognized the voice. He smiled. "I can't possibly look that bad, Jensen," he said. "That'd be like, I don't know, being a zombie or something. And we all know zombies are just myths. Just a long shift though, sadly, not as much fun as it could have been. The elderly nurse on floor three didn't hit on me at all. I must be losing my touch."

The elevator began to rise and Rowan opened his bleary eyes to see Eiryk standing there with a rather adorable, tall, dark, and apparently yes, silent type. That must be the boyfriend. He sure hoped so judging by the way they seemed pretty intimate. Rowan's feelings would be hurt if he knew Eiryk had turned him down to cheat on his boyfriend with someone else. Not that Eiryk was the type.

"Coffee sounds kind of nice," he said slowly. His bed was calling to him. But the idea of relaxing with a friend also sounded appealing. Rowan liked a little downtime before his real downtime and he'd planned to read a book, but meeting Eiryk's new man and hanging out a little bit sounded really good.

"You mind a trip up a couple floors first? I really need to change."

They were welcome to come along; if he sat down while back at his place he was likely to not show up for coffee.

Looking at the guy with Eiryk Rowan raised a weary hand in a half-hearted salute.
"Hi there."
Eiryk 13 years ago
"I was being polite. You look worse."

He wasn't sure about the black scrubs it was rather ... morbid. But he did have to admit they looked good on Rowan. Some people could pull that sort of thing off.

Knowing more or less what Rowan was fighting he nodded and they went up to his place and got him some cloths. Eiryk more or less bullied him into coming back down stairs to shower and get cleaned up knowing if Rowan got at all comfortable he'd pass out where he stood. There was idle chit chat and introductions were made, although quick one's casual. He didn't spill the beans as it was.

As he unlocked his door and let everyone in he caught Rowan's eye out of Alex's view bared his fangs and made a chomping gesture while raising an eyebrow in question. Was it OK to tell Alex?

"Shower down the hall. I'll start the coffee. I promise the good stuff."

Once Rowan disappeared Eiryk wasted no time in grabbing Alex and kissing the hell out of him before disappearing into the kitchen and starting coffee. When he had everything rolling he sought Alex out again.

"You don't mind, do you? He's a good friend and looked a bit worse for wear."
Alex raised an eyebrow at Eiryk's bluntness. He didn't disagree though. Rowan, as Eiryk called him, did look pretty rough. They accompanied him upstairs and he was back with a change of clothes, sans stethoscope, in short order.

Back down in Eiryk's apartment there were cursory introductions and the tall redhead disappeared into the shower. Alex found himself being kissed thoroughly and returned the favor gladly.

"Why would I mind?" He asked. "He does look kind of wasted. What does he do?"

Obviously he was a doctor of some sort. Did he work in an ER? Alex sat in the kitchen with Eiryk while his boyfriend started the coffee.

"So uh. How good a friend?"

He had to ask, he couldn't help it.
Rowan grinned and shook his head. "Thanks a bunch. You're great for my ego."

He quickly retrieved his clothing, having allowed himself to be bullied into showering at Eiryk's. He caught Eiryk's glance behind Alexander's back and furrowed his brow, then rolled his eyes and waved a hand. Of course he didn't care that Eiryk's apparently human boyfriend knew about him.

Rowan did manage to stay awake through the shower by turning every single jet in the thing to "machine gun" and letting them batter him into a wakeful state. Drying off he put his clothing on, nothing fancy. Just sweats and a shirt. He padded out into the kitchen, following the scent of coffee.

"You're a life saver," he said. "My other alternative was face-planting in bed and I appreciate the detox time."
Eiryk 13 years ago
"Pediatrician." Eiryk said cheerfully. "I know he doesn't quite fit the mold but I can see where he'd be very good with the kids. If nothing else all the piercings would give them something shiny to play with."

Rather like a 1950s hostess Eiryk set out three mugs on a try and found cream and sugar in neat little containers (antiques you know), although he'd kill the first person who destroyed the coffee that way. Or at least grind his teeth and mourn the beans that gave their lives for such a thing.

Huh, well that was an interesting question. Eiryk debated exactly how honest to be with Alex. Finally he concluded that they had said no more secrets, no lies, so... he took a deep breath and moved everything to the ottoman in the living room.

"We've been very good friends over the years. Always good friends and off and on when it is convenient very good."

And then Rowan emerged. Eiryk had heard the water shut off and had been expecting him. He diverted the pirate from his route to the kitchen and to the more comfortable living room and just shoved a cup of coffee into his hands.

"I look great in a life guard uniform, I even have whistle around here some where. I mean I'd hate for you to die... again."

Not the smoothest he'd ever been in his life Eiryk decided, but he left it out there for Alex to pick up on and digest.
Alex raised his eyebrows at Eiryk. "Pedatrician? You're right, I wouldn't have guessed."

He took in stride the information that he got from Eiryk. So Rowan was some kind of ex-boyfriend? Well... no, probably not. He said when it was convenient over the years. How many years? Eiryk had quite a few behind him.

Before Alex could ponder that too much longer from where he sat on the cozy love seat in Eiryk's living room Eiryk had intercepted his friend and was pressing coffee on him. Coffee was Eiryk's solution for everything. Well, coffee and crazy animal sex but Alex knew that last was reserved for him.

Eiryk's comment to Rowan laid to rest the question of which team the readhead played on, and Alex wasn't talking gender roles there.

"So you two have known each other for a while then?"
Rowan gripped the mug of coffee in both hands and followed Eiryk into the living room. He declined anything added to his coffee. Usually what he put in it depended on his mood. Tonight he needed to stay awake otherwise he'd be dead to the world in Eiryk's living room and that wasn't polite.

It was obvious from the conversation that his identity was no longer in question so Rowan offered Alexander a politely fanged grin.
"Oh yes. We were baby bloodsuckers together," he said. "I only have Eiryk beat by a few decades."

He sipped at his coffee, sprawling in the soft couch he was shown to. Rowan sat up rigid when he noted the fact that it was pretty damn comfortable. Soft comfy sofas were bad for him when he was tired. Although it wouldn't be horrible, really. At least he was with a friend and not likely to be discovered.
Eiryk 13 years ago
Eiryk rather unabashedly wrapped himself around Alex, but while still holding onto his coffee breathing deep enjoying the rich full aroma. He nibbled a little at Alex's neck, Rowan hardly counted as being in public and he had been good while Marie was about. He'd earned this.

"Mmmmm and you can really see those decades around your eyes. Besides I'm an old soul, that and growing up with Angus will age any one."

He smiled as Rowan sprawled and wondered how long it would be until his friend passed out and then how long it would be until he woke up.

"It isn't easy living in an older cousin's shadow." Eiryk confided in Alex, "No mater what I did, he'd done it first. I think mom and dad loved him best."

It was easy to play the part of the hurt neglected younger brother and he was more than willing to let Alex comfort him.
Alex rolled that thought around in his head a little... huh. Baby vampires. What a concept. It must be unusual to find another vampire around, much less one close to your own age. Eiryk had told him their numbers weren't exactly strong.

He nudged Eiryk, taking exception to being nibbled on with company there. He was neither a chew toy nor a snack. He would happily submit to being gnawed on when they were alone though, and he offered Eiryk a little smile to try to convey that.

"He did everything first huh?" Alex raised his eyebrows. "You don't look like a Viking."

He was trying to take this all in stride. It was odd enough to find himself in a room with one vampire let alone two of them. He trusted Eiryk though and Eiryk said to trust Rowan.
Rowan observed Eiryk with his boyfriend. He'd seen Eiryk with other guys over the years but there was definitely something much more clingy in the way Eiryk behaved now. Rowan quietly invoked his empathy, the useful ability he hated to use. Ignoring the terrifying flare of blistering heat on his chest he opened up and felt in Alex and Eiryk's direction. He liked what he experienced in spite of the flames that accompanied it. Love was never difficult to witness. This felt new, still somewhat untested, but it ran deep and Rowan liked that for his friend. He knew almost nothing about Alexander but his estimation of the human went up several notches. Had they discussed turning Alex? It was the next logical thing to be curious about. It wasn't any of his business but that didn't mean he didn't wonder.

Rowan made a conscious effort to disengage his empathy and breathed a subtle sigh of relief across the top of his coffee mug. He looked at Eiryk and grinned.
"They're from laughing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it."

He shook his head at the unrepentant Viking and then laughed when Alex asked his semi-snarky question. He shook his head at Alex, red hair flaring as he did.
"No, not a Viking. I prefer more sails. More room for booty too. Vikings are far too impulsive. How can you get a good haul with so little room in your hold?"

He chuckled.
"I've spent a lot of time engaging in piracy. Not recently. That I can recall anyway."
Eiryk 13 years ago
He sulked a bit when Alex brushed him off. OK sure he understood and he wasn't really upset but he sulked nonetheless, turning playfully hurt puppy dog eyes on his boyfriend. It didn't last long but he did resettle himself with a bit of distance between them. It wasn't a hissy fit or spiteful, he was just going to make Alex chase him a bit.

"You know those illegal movie downloads count as piracy. That is what all the adds say."

Snorting Eiryk rolled his eyes at the old argument.

"There is no accounting for taste."

Cocking his head at Rowan he wondered if Rowan might be in a spot to help him with vampire 102 for Alex. It seemed unsporting to ask him when he was so wiped out, but he also knew that Alex had been saving up some questions thanks to his chat with Marie.

"Good think Alex did inventory tonight or you would have passed out in the elevator. MARI might have had fun with you though."

Lord knew Pak would if she'd have caught him. Eiryk half wondered what his pint sized moderately intimidating Siamese friend would have to say about Rowan.
Alex smiled at what appeared to be an old argument. Rowan and Eiryk seemed like they were good friends, as Eiryk had claimed. More, he supposed, and that knowledge made him slightly jealous. Not much; he knew Eiryk loved him.

Rowan's previous occupation surprised him.
"Real piracy? Like Pirates of the Caribbean and all that? Is it at all like the movie portrayals? Stupid question, I know. But I have to know."

He hoped it wasn't some kind of vampiric faux pas to ask questions about someone's past. But how could he not? When you were over a thousand years old there must be so much to tell.

"Can you swordfight too?"

In the meantime Alex leaned back against Eiryk, ignoring the tiny self-pity party happening over there. He cuddled back against his boyfriend. He hadn't said "do not touch," he had said, "do not maul in company." There was a difference.
The conversation and coffee were helping Rowan stay awake so he settled back a little more comfortably against the cushions of Eiryk's sofa. "I never pirated those," he lied. "My collection is extensive and legal. Totally."

He chuckled at Eiryk.
"And I wouldn't have fallen asleep on the elevator. I wasn't that bad off."

Alex seemed to perk up at the idea of piracy, not an uncommon reaction in today's society. Rowan grinned; he found it amusing.
"It's ridiculously not like the movies," he said. "In fact, if you want the gory details, it really is kind of gross. There's a lot of murder, rape, and blood and entrails involved. Very little movie-like swashbuckling. Lice. Lots of lice. Fleas, rats."

He raised a finger.
"But yes, I can use a sword. A refined rapier. Two if you like. Much nicer to watch than a Viking with Little Man Complex who has to swing an axe while he runs around in his horny helmet."

Rowan smiled innocently at Eiryk.
Eiryk 13 years ago
Yay! He won again. That was all Eiryk really thought as Alex settled back against him. See he could play nice, he could be appropriate. Even though he was having more fun being less than appropriate. It wasn't like he would have gone all the way with Rowan in the room.

He chuckled as Alex had a pirate moment. Maybe he'd like to watch Captain Blood or something equally nautical later.

"Scurvy Don't forget the scurvy."

Eiryk chimed in. Somethings about being a Viking had been better, some worse, and some about the same. Lord it was a wonder they survived all that.

"You just leave the horns out of it."

He warned while doing his best not to feel Alex up.

"But if you're out of shape with those tooth pick of yours I'll practice with you. -Some- of us have kept in practice."

While the ax had been his favorite Eiryk could handle a sword as well and Rowan knew it. He had never liked rapiers though too, prissy and delicate.
Alex sighed as Rowan disabused him of the notion that pirates were romantic and sexy. Well, it had been fun to imagine.

"Okay the vermin and rodents - not so much fun," he said. "I could dig the double rapier thing though. Do you keep in practice?"

Alex had never fenced before but he liked watching it.
"I guess you don't need to work out," he grinned. "I thought Eiryk must be a gym-aholic when we met. Now I'm just jealous."

He didn't go to the gym either but he did work out plenty. His classes were back in full swing and he practiced on his own as well since he currently had very few students capable of approaching an expert level.

Alex was feeling more talkative than usual for whatever reason. Rowan seemed friendly and being at home with Eiryk was pleasant.
Rowan laughed at Eiryk's defensiveness. The horned helmet thing was something he'd always been sensitive about, ever since the Vikings turned into myths and legends instead of actual people. "Don't hate, Jensen. I'll happily take you on with my toothpicks."

He turned to Alexander, turning on just a tiny bit more of his personal mojo, hoping Eiryk didn't mind.
"Okay if I skewer your man a few times? I do keep in practice, yeah, but it never hurts to remind him why pirates lasted longer than Vikings."

He meant skewering with the rapiers. Of course.

"Nah. No need to work out really, but we have to keep our brains active you know. Not everyone can fight like a complete barbarian. Do you want to learn? You look like you keep in shape yourself."

He shot a questioning look at both Alex and Eiryk. Neither of them had mentioned what Alex did; he looked reasonably young so maybe his physique was the result of youth but Rowan doubted it; he seemed far more carefully sculpted than natural good health would impart.
Eiryk 13 years ago
Eiryk beamed with rather immodest pleasure and ran a hand through Alex's hair.

"Mmmm so you did notice."

It had taken a -lot- of effort to get Alex's attention and then to hold it... wow. So it was good to know he had been tempting from the beginning.

As Alex seemed to open up a bit more and a bit faster Eiryk wondered how much 'oomph' Rowan was throwing into the conversation. It might be nothing, that was a possibility. The red head was charming and charismatic it didn't always take an extra kick to get people to do things. So it wasn't a massive worry. But he'd deck him if there was some help going on and Alex found out about it.

"It is not my fault we discovered the innovation of furniture that packs flat for shipping and have chosen to take over the world through those means."

Eiryk muttered into his coffee cup.

He was a little surprised Alex was interested in fencing but he was all for it. If Alex wanted to learn he should. Rowan would obviously be the better teacher for rapier.

"And you will never know exactly how good a shape he is in."

Eiryk teased, but it was a slightly possessive tease. Rowan could go find his own. He played both sides of the street more than Eiryk did so he had more options. Alex was his.
Alex raised dark brows at Rowan. "I guess you can skewer him. Just try to avoid the important stuff."

The redhead's offer was met with consideration and then a nod.
"Yeah I'd like to try it," he said with a hesitant smile. Answering the other half of Rowan's question he added, "I'm a yoga instructor most nights. It keeps me from getting flabby."

Smiling at Eiryk, Alexander turned to kiss his boyfriend softly.
"Of course I noticed. Don't fish for compliments, you're hot and you know it."

He shook his head at Eiryk, laughing a little.
"Possessive much?" In truth he didn't mind having a clingy vampire boyfriend. Eiryk was adorable and it wasn't like he had to worry at all about Alex straying.