Stalking 101 (Attn: Drew)

They followed the woman, the soon to be Ex- Mrs Blankenship, to the rent by the week place she was staying in. Tavi muttered, passed the place by and then circled back to it.

"This doesn't bode well. I doubt you can have pets in there. Of course she could be not following those rules. I hear people do that sort of thing from time to time."

She found a place at the far end of the parking lot, hiding her bike behind a large Suburban, tilting the bike over carefully onto the stand, Tavi waited for Drew to get off first.

Looking up at him, she asked.

"That wasn't so bad was it?" She looked at him as she waited for the answer to see if it what he would say and if the sentiment was genuine. Tavi guessed if he wanted to immediately call a cab to get him back to his car then she'd know the answer. She eased off the Hayabusa and then turned to frown at the small temporary residence.

Drew 13 years ago
Drew had started out afraid he'd pull them over, Tavi was sort of on the tiny side and he.... was not. But once he realized she knew what the hell she was doing even with him on the back he relaxed and enjoyed the ride.

He frowned at the place and agreed with the detective. This did not look like the kind of place you stashed a valuable show cat. But what did he know. Although, he hoped that the cat wasn't there. Cats did not like him. But he got off the bike and tried his best to look inconspicuous and like he did this all the time.

"Well unless people come in and do house keeping it probably wouldn't be too hard bend the rules."

He grinned down at her concern. It really had been a good ride.

"You're driving back too right?"

There was no point in trying to hide his enthusiasm, even if he could. If they found nothing here, well it wouldn't be a total loss would it.
Octavia Emiliano 13 years ago
Tavi grinned up at Drew deciding that she definitely needed to find a couple of older bikes and take him out somewhere with no traffic so that he could learn to ride. Taking her helmet off she hooked it onto the motorcycle near his.

"I think I'll drive back since you don't appear to be in a rush to hail a cab."

She looked up at the small rental place and pulled out her phone.

"We can't do much with her here at the moment. So let me get that address and we'll go get you that steak."

Tavi typed in the address and determined that she would come back later during the woman's work hours. She could take a look around the place for the cat then, breaking and entering might not be Drew's thing. He certainly seemed like a good citizen; Tavi snorted inwardly and wondered if he was even a boyscout when he was younger.

She looked around for somewhere nearby that would likely be open and would serve something for breakfast. With her hand shading her eyes, Tavi spotted a IhoP across the road. Acceptable. Before she could suggest they walk that way she noticed that Mrs Blankenship had once more appeared in front of her door. The woman now had on a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. Tavi reached for Drew, pulling him down for a deep passionate kiss, her other arm going around him to pull him close. She leaned back a bit and smiled up at him, glancing at the woman coming down the stairs.

"Hmmm that was nice."

Tavi leaned back in to find his mouth again. Concentrating on the feel of Drew against her and the touch of his lips, she nearly forgot that there was an ulterior motive for the kissing. Hearing the woman's car rumble to life she knew she had a few more moments. She flickered her tongue gently against his mouth before parting her lips for him in an explicit come and get me gesture, inviting him in.
Drew 13 years ago
"You could let me drive."

He suggested playfully. He wasn't dumb enough to think he was in any way shape or form ready to handle that machine. But it was fun to think about, and it might be nice to have her hold on for dear life. But he put that idea on hold, and contemplated an upgrade of his phone as she started fidgeting with hers. And then thought about the steak. It was never too early for meat. He hoped that they would do something extra rare.

He saw the woman appear at the door and had half opened his mouth to say something, to ask how you didn't get seen (because there was no way any one was going to forget Tavi's green gradient hair) when she showed him. Drew didn't think this was terribly less conspicuous. But it was the last thing he thought for a while. He didn't even really think about how far down he had to bend to kiss her, he just... did. It didn't even feel that awkward, well maybe a little.

He chuckled a little at her observation of it being nice. That was the most forward Tavi had been and Drew didn't disapprove. Truthfully he was confused by his own reaction to her. He liked her, but he kept holding back he just didn't know why. For just a second he managed to suppress that feeling and take her up on that little subtle cue and bent down to kiss her again, irritated by the difference in height wrapped his arms around her an lifted her up. When he finally did break the kiss he didn't immediately set her down.

"So this is undercover huh?"
"Not a chance in hell."

The words were out of her mouth before she had a chance to think about them. Tavi gave Drew an apologetic little smile. This was her baby and way too much of a bike to learn on.

"However, I'm sure I know where to find a couple of older ones. I can teach on those."

It would be hard to explain the pack and the random motorcycles and other vehicles they kept stored in case a disposable means of transport was needed in a hurry. But perhaps they could rent some bikes and not have to worry about it.

Their difference in height was inconvenient for a lot of things but Tavi was glad that Drew's back was turned to his coworker who might have recognized him and that he made a very effective screen to hide her memorable appearance. She was also quite grateful for the excuse to kiss him while they were supposed to be 'working'. Drew picked her up so that he could better reciprocate. Tavi growled softly against his lips, pleased with this new development. Locking her legs around his waist, she wrapped her hands around his neck and leaned into his kiss.

She was happy that he had not set her down yet. Twining her fingers into his ponytail, Tavi grinned at him.

"Mmmhmm, or it could certainly go undercover but maybe we should try to find the prize fur ball first."
Drew 13 years ago
Drew wasn't offended by her protecting her bike. It was a hell of a machine he wouldn't have trusted it to an amateur either.

"I'd like that."

He'd never considered riding a motorcycle before but it had been a fun ride, it should be even more fun to drive.

Her enthusiasm to the kiss was appreciated. Honestly Drew didn't know where his head had been when he picked her up, that was so rude it wasn't even funny and now he had her legs wrapped around him and he didn't really mind at all.

This was a funny kind of work. Certainly not something you do in the archives, well you could but he'd never had the opportunity and it wouldn't be professional any way. At any rate, he wasn't in a hurry to put her down. That soft growl made him just hold her closer.

He grinned as she played with his hair and just held her in place. Although he almost blushed at her suggestion. Which was odd, it wasn't like he'd never rolled in the hay with a girl before. Maybe he should just stop thinking so much.

"That might be good... it is that or go to the pound and see if we can make a copy of him."
Tavi watched him from beneath her lashes, as he quickly changed the subject from undercover work to the actual job. Her hand still toyed with his hair, a part of her wished she could loosen the tie and run her fingers more fully through it. Of course that seemed to be the problem here, finding some way to loosen whatever was holding Drew back. She wasn't sure what it was since she'd all but thrown herself at him several times. Tavi didn't want to scare him away; she liked him.

Leaning forward, she really could get used to being at this height, she nibbled softly on his earlobe and murmured.

"I don't think so. Most men I know take their pussy very seriously and would know the difference."

She leaned back and gave him a sly grin. Shrugging Tavi pretended that the earlier sentence was completely innocent.

"Not that I understand the attraction. I'm a dog person, myself."

Wolf really, but close enough.
Drew 13 years ago
Hey! Look at that, she could get more forward. But he did chuckle a little bit relaxing slightly as she nibbled at his earlobe.

God he was being an idiot wasn't he? Or a jerk? Possibly both. Drew just couldn't figure it out. He liked Tavi and she was cute and entertaining and she apparently liked him. There shouldn't be an issue here. And yet... maybe it was the wolf thing. OK so he'd dated outside of the Pack before, but it never ended well. Never.

Then there was Reign, she was kind of a loose end. Huh... maybe he should just introduce the two of them. Or maybe he should just ask Reign where they stood with each other.

In another attempt to stop thinking he leaned forward and kissed her again.

"Dog people are better any way."

Well that was a start, he tried to tell himself. If she liked dogs maybe a gigantic wolf wouldn't be that big of a stretch. Or maybe he was a head of himself again.

"What kind of dogs are we talking though? I can do lovable stray."
Tavi smiled until he kissed her again. Well at least he wasn't a strange cat lover with a small herd of snack sized little chew toys. She didn't dislike cats. They were great to chase, if only they ran faster then she would like them better.

Laughing at his question, she answered him truthfully.

"Big ones. Toy dogs are annoying and any dog that can fit in a handbag is likely a useless creature." Tavi smoothed her hands over his shoulders and kissed his cheek. "You -do- look lovable. Strays are perfect and likely smarter. Though I suppose we'll see about that."

He seemed intelligent, very funny, and, yes, very lovable. There was just something sweet and charming about Drew that made you want to take him home to your parents. Right....cause that would turn out well. They might get to that at some point, at least it was something that could be dealt with. The hard part was how to explain to him what she was. Tavi rarely dated anyone long enough for that to be an issue. In this case, she'd at least like to know how he felt about her first.

"Come on let's see if we can find Mr Cuddles."
Drew 13 years ago
"Good to know."

He grinned, but he couldn't help wondering if a wolf that made an Irish wolfhound look petite was what she had in mind. Still you had to start somewhere.

"I promise not to get you a chihuahua for your birthday."

He might, however, have one as a midnight snack. Damned yappy things. Well he wasn't really a stray but he was also the one who had started this line of though so he didn't protest. Besides, it got him called lovable and smart you couldn't go wrong with that.

Drew set her down with more care than was strictly needed, but he didn't want to do anything to hurt her. After all, he'd not asked to pick her up.

"Is that what his name is? And where are we looking?"
Tavi laughed and shook her head, thinking that it was good thing that he didn't get her a chihuahua for her birthday. She could just see bringing that home to the pack. She wondered how long before it went missing and then wouldn't that be hard to explain? Little Bruiser? Uh, he's sleeping... in the belly of one of my cousins.

"That's probably for the best. I hear they have a bladder the size of pea and need to be let out more than a four year old on a cross country car trip."

Tavi frowned when he asked about the cat's name. Looking it up, she said. "Catanova Mojo of Lemaitre but he goes by Mo." Yes, so she has been calling him every silly name but his own. It amused her and kept her from going insane while working on a catnapping of all things. The indignity of it all.

She took off for the stairs up to the little rental place, pulling out a small set of lock picks as she went. Turning to Drew she said. "In there, of course. If she's got him then I doubt she set him up in his own place." You could never tell with some of these pet owners but Tavi thought that was going a little far. According to Mr Blankenship, his wife was not overly fond of the cat anyway.

"We don't know how long she'll be gone. I'm just going to take a quick look around."

Tavi turned back to Drew, realizing that her very good boyfriend might find breaking and entering even for the sake of helping someone else a little beyond his boyscout tolerance level. "You can stand watch in case she comes back and ring me on my cell if you want."
Drew 13 years ago
"Do that often?"

Drew teased slightly, while making note of the fact that he had no idea when Tavi's birthday was. That was possibly something he should know. Oh who was he kidding he'd just forget it. He was terrible at those things. Maybe he'd just randomly get her flowers and not a Chihuahua and declare it her birthday. Yeah... that might work.

His brow knit at the idea of this cat's name. Which was even stupider than what they had been calling him. Who named a cat that? Really.

"Let's stick to Mr. Cuddles."

Following along he resisted the urge to do their own theme music, although he couldn't quite get the James Bond theme out of his head. Instead he did his best to look like he belonged and they weren't up to anything. Which, fortunately for Drew, came almost as naturally as breathing.

Who, what... wait! It took a second for him to realize what Tavi was doing and, well, Drew was a little shocked. This wasn't any where on his moral compass. Breaking and entering was bad. Although, they were trying to retrieve stolen property. But two wrongs didn't make a right. Crap. There was no way out of this. His mouth opened and closed, rather like a fish, a few times as he tried to think what to do.

Tavi fortunately gave him an out, not that he was going to rat her out or anything but... yeah. Drew nodded and ambled back to the parking lot. Casually playing with his phone, setting it up for a quick call to Tavi if the cat-napper should come back on short notice.
Tavi sighed as she went through the door and shut it behind her. She wasn't surprised that Drew had a problem with the breaking and entering. It was technically a crime after all but she wondered how straight and narrow he was going to be on things in the future. If it was not a crime but possibly more adventuresome than some people might like would it be something he wasn't likely to do? Tea parties and nights spent with the folks weren't exactly her thing.

She was glad that he was outside for one thing though. It was easier to sniff about the place without looking weird about it. How do you explain that? I like the pine fresh scent she uses. Or I'm just hoping for a mutant tracking power. Or I'm a werewolf and can pick up on the scents in the room.

There was no sign of a cat. The small apartment didn't take long to look through. Nothing suggested that there was ever a feline in the place and she couldn't smell even the slightest hint of one either.

Finding the woman's brief case, she took a quick look through it. Nothing worth noting and certainly nothing having to do with a cat. There was some printed emails between her and her lawyer concerning the divorce but as far as she knew Mrs Blankenship was not contesting her husband's ownership of Snookums the Wondercat.

Tavi frowned, locked the door and left. Coming out to Drew, she shrugged.

"No cat. This looks like its going to be harder than I thought."
Drew 13 years ago
Part of Drew wished he had paid more attention to those law classes he took, he couldn't remember exactly how much trouble he'd be in if they got caught. Not that he was a chicken or any thing and he sure wasn't going to eave her holding the bag, but it would be nice to know what the consequences were.

He wracked his brains trying to remember these things as he kept an eye on things. He turned his head to take in as much sound as he could and make sure one one came up behind them either. This really did seem like a lot of work for a cat, but a job was a job. He heard Tavi come out of the room and put his phone away.

"Well that sucks. Any clues? Or do you call them leads? What exactly is the lingo here?"

He was just glad she was out of the room without getting caught. Some how he didn't think the Chief would approve of him getting hauled off for breaking and entering or aiding and abetting while looking for a cat. Well Reign could bail them out and she'd keep her mouth shut.

It was done now so he was good.
Tavi smiled at Drew and shrugged. "Leads sounds a little less Sherlock Holmes."

She pointed to the IhoP across the street. Now that they had no reason to come back they could drive the bike over; Tavi would feel better being able to see it from the restaurant anyway. Most thieves weren't really equipped to deal with motorcycles but the Hayabusa was tempting enough for some to try and really all it took were several strong guys, or one strong werewolf, to manhandle it up into the bed of truck and it'd be gone. She'd find it. They'd likely try and sell it and she had connections in the underground here but it'd piss her off and waste a lot of her time. And they might scratch it.

No better to just move it over. If Mrs Blankenship were somehow still the person responsible and Tavi had to come back here later then it would be best if her bike wasn't still here when she got back.

Once they got into the restaurant parking lot, she took off the helmet and said.

"Well, there aren't so very many leads after the wife. The only people who have any reason to take the cat would be a competitor. There are no signs that anyone murdered the cat and disposed of the body but I suppose that's a possibility." She sighed at the thought of having to deliver that news to Mr Blankenship. "Dead or alive the motive would still fall on the wife, for spite, or a competitor because they want to win the next show. I'll look into those next. Let's see about a nice bloody rare steak, shall we? I'm starving." Tavi clapped her and rubbed them together, raising her eyebrows at Drew. She would have to push her eggs and such around, pretending to have gotten full fast after eating the steak. Maybe she could eat a few bites of something without looking thoroughly disgusted.
Drew 13 years ago
"What's wrong with Sherlock Holmes?"

Drew asked in earnest. Although, his own deductive skills at anything outside of archeology were more in line with Scooby Doo than anything, he sort of liked the fictional detective. Not that he'd read many of the stories, he just remembered his grandmother watching the old black and white Sherlock Holmes movies on Sunday mornings. They were always fun, if fanciful.

The ride to the restaurant wasn't nearly as long or as fun as the one following their suspect but it was still sort of fun. He held the door for Tavi and the hostess found them a nice quite vinyl upholstered booth to sit in. He wondered how serious she was about that rare steak she was because that sounded -really- good. He hadn't eaten since yesterday before his shift and wasn't in the mood to choke down anything cooked. He could manage the eggs if they were over soft... and he ate them with the steak.

"Competitive cats. I don't even get that. I mean what do cats -do- exactly?"

He sighed and shook his head.

"So... the next thing to do is find out if there is a cat show in town?"

God, please let the answer be no or please let her not ask him to go. It was doubtful he'd wind up coming out of a place like that alive. Drew had this mental image, very cartoon inspired, a whirl wind of claws and hissing spitting cats and him at the center of it. He'd probably get sued for damages too. -Please- let there not be a show in town.
Tavi grinned at Drew. "There's nothing wrong with Mr. Holmes. I'm just not dressed appropriately."
She loved the detective novels by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and liked watching the shows. There was even a very modern version on the BBC that she was quite fond of.

They took their seats and ordered. Tavi looked at Drew and shrugged at his question. "I don't know what they do. Sit there and look bored? First prize for the thousand yard stare goes to Little Lottie Lumpkins." Smiling she added. "I think they judge them on how pretty they are, not how talented which is probably a good thing if you ask me."

Their drinks came and she looked up at him with big green puppy eyes. "So you're going to suffer this whole cat show thing with me right? Two dog lovers in a sea of the enemy."

Pulling out her phone, she googled large cat shows and then nodded. "There is a small show here soon but there's an even bigger show set for the end of April in Washington DC. Perhaps we can go to the one in Nachton and see who is who."
Smiling at him, Tavi sighed. "At any rate its a place to start." Maybe they'd find some clues.

((OOC: Both Out ))