Supplanter (Attn:Bao)

With clever modification the red corset worked well over a black lace dress that she shortened and took the heavy lining out of. It was now renewed as something more modern and quite a bit more daring, accompanied underneath by racy red satin panties. She smirked at that. Who knew Claire had a wild side? Apparently it was well hidden under boning and bustles.

Jacqueline had admired the new look in the mirror before she went to look for shoes. She found some boots that looked nothing like Claire in the bottom of the closet. Pleased, she pulled out the Doc Martins and stashed them in the bag. There were a pair of red velvet flats that she chose to wear with the new dress. With a toss of her newly shorn blonde hair, Jacqueline turned to leave.

She shut the door to the small apartment and headed down the hall, whistling a bright tune. Everything she needed for a few days was in a bag carried over one shoulder. Well, everything she would need from here. The rest she was going to have to buy, her sister left very little worthwhile in the closets. She couldn't keep modifying Claire's dresses, that would take forever.

Bao 13 years ago
Whistling,he had never understood whistling. But some people seemed to enjoy it. Rolling his eyes slightly Bao proceeded down the hall. It was terribly forward of him and certainly not called for but he had been keeping half an eye on Claire.

She had seemed so distraught by the news of those hunting vampires with command and worried about her maker. Usually he managed to simply run into her in the manor here and there. He didn't look for her every day, it would be every three,four even five. But he hadn't seen her in several. While he wouldn't knock on her door, he could walk by it. He didn't think that counted as being a stalker.
Claire 13 years ago
Jacqueline rounded the corner and came across...Bao. Yes, the small voice in her head supplied the name and a few other things. She repressed a smirk at the rest, unwittingly supplied by the inner Claire.

Halting in the hallway, she stopped whistling and eyed him appreciatively. At least her frumpy sister had taste. He was handsome enough, perhaps a bit uptight if the attire were any indication. However suits didn't make the man and sometimes they hid interesting personality traits. Jacqueline wondered what was hidden under this one.

"Bon soir, Monsieur." She smiled. "Puis-je vous aider?"

((OOC: She asked if she could help him. ))
Bao 13 years ago
Bao had noticed the woman, the same size and build as Claire, but blond and apparently young if her dress was any indication. Really if they didn't stop perpetuating these stereotypes they would always have hangers on like those at the opera the other night. It was disturbing to say the lease. Of course she could have been some one's familiar. There was no accounting for taste.

Even when she spoke in French he would have kept going, expect it was her voice. Bao was perplexed and took another look. Yes it did seem to be Claire, with short blond hair and a bit of a wardrobe alteration. He frowned, certainly there would be a good reason for this not just a whim but he couldn't say he approved. He was less concern with her appearance and more concerned with the fact that she was obviously up to something.

"No, thank you ma'am. Perhaps I could assist you?"

He didn't think she would tell him what was going on, but he would offer.

((OOC... green is French))
Claire 13 years ago
Jacqueline regarded him thoughtfully before finally shaking her head. "I don't think so. I'm afraid I'm beyond assistance at this point."

She granted Claire that much. There were feelings for Bao and Claire would want him to know what is going on. Jacqueline couldn't fully explain, she was commanded not to; that was, after all, the point. That command was not meant for Bao and she could push the limits of it for her sister's sake.

Coming close, she wrapped an arm around him and kissed him, long and deep. Inwardly she could feel Claire both cringe and become increasingly curious. Oh, you wanted to know what it was like to kiss him? How he might feel about you? You were too afraid to ask and now you might never know. Well consider this a gift, Claire.

Leaning down to his ear, she said quietly. "She is very fond of you, you know." Pulling away, she straightened his tie, running her hand down the length of it. Jacqueline smiled. "Au revoir, Monsieur. Let us hope for the best." She moved past him to walk away.
Bao 13 years ago
His frowned only deepened. That sounded rather ominous. Bao did not know how to take that or how to respond. He could only conclude that she was perhaps engaging in an assignment for the Night. While not a chauvinist, he found himself less than pleased with this idea. If she was in disguise it was potentially dangerous, nor did he know where she was going or how long she could be gone. Of course, she could also be going to look for Sorin. He was also not pleased with that idea for much the same reasons.

The kiss was extremely unexpected. Extremely. Bao froze in place for a moment considering this new development. This was very un-Claire, and yet this was Claire. He was certain of it. He was now equally certain something was going on. Not often a man of quick passion, even his response to the surprise of her kiss was control and deliberate as he weighed multiple factors against each other. He pulled her closer, slightly shocked at his own forwardness, and returned the kiss.

She was fond of him? Bao caught the odd pronoun and watched almost dispassionately as she straightened his tie. He was confused, and he very much disliked being confused.

"Madam," He said as he easily placed himself in her path again. "Perhaps you could tell me where she has gone and when I might expect her return."

Bao was accustom to Amir disappearing for months at a time if needed. But he always knew about when to expect his maker back. It upset him when he didn't know that. The idea that he might not know when to expect her back was also unsettling. Not as much as misplacing Amir, but unsettling.
Claire 13 years ago
The little voice inside her was shocked and relieved that Bao returned the kiss, and more than a little jealous. "See? You should take more chances. Once he commits to it, he's pretty good at it."

Jacqueline noted with some amusement that Bao had blocked her exit. She considered his words for a moment. He caught on fairly quickly. The inner voice commented wryly, "He has command surely he'd be fairly versed in its uses". Jacqueline didn't have as much faith as Claire that Bao had sorted it all out but neither of them wanted to be thought of as crazy.

Biting her lip, Jacqueline took his hand and led him back down the hall. She couldn't explain, she couldn't tell anyone where Sorin was and she couldn't lead anyone to him but she wasn't leading Bao to him. It was simply an apartment. Bao could make his own deductions. Coming to the door, next to Claire's, she let go of his hand and placed her palm against the wood, patting it several times for emphasis. Jacqueline turned dark eyes toward him. Did he understand?

"I cannot answer your question. I do not know....whenever it is once more safe." She shrugged. "and that could be never."

Especially since the one who did this was being hunted by his clan. If they found Sorin before he released her.... well, it would take another person to undo what he had done. Sorin could do it best, he knew what commands he had given. Inwardly Claire despaired; she may never be whole again.
Bao 13 years ago
Bao followed her a little disturbed both by her silence and his complacency. He did not let people drag him around for no reason. But there must be a reason here.

He looked at the door but it remained just a door, there were no magic answers. But it was next to Claire's room and she was close to her creator. This must be Sorin's room so whatever was going on it had to do with Sorin. She must have found him and he must have her doing something. She must be being commanded. But why? Do do what?

"Safe for her... you? Or safe for him?"

Bao did not like the sound of that. He didn't often engage in any kind of emotional relationship, but he had found Claire appealing. It wasn't the radical change in her appearance, it was that she was a different person. Bao wanted -her-.
Claire 13 years ago
Jacqueline answered his question by tapping the door again. "Unlike Claire, I have no delusions on who's considered important to..." Again she tapped the door. Sorin opened blocks in behavior but also in observation or perhaps she was made to be more jaded than Claire. They both had a fine understanding of behavior, gestures and psychology but sometimes her sister chose not to see things. If she did see them she overlooked them. Claire was forgiving. Jacqueline was not.

She was not without compassion, Jacqueline stepped closer, and gently touched his arm, running her thumb over the crisp fabric of his shirt.

"If we live, we can come back to you." She watched him closely. "If all else fails and he doesn't fix this or is....gone." Jacqueline nodded her head slightly, encouragingly. "You can fix it."

She smiled, almost shyly, more like Claire. "If you want to." They would be trusting him with their lives. Allowing him control over their thoughts and actions. It wasn't something to do lightly but Claire trusted him.
Bao 13 years ago
Bao absently tapped a finger against his leg taking in all this information. He was starting to suspect he didn't much like Sorin. But that, of course, was an emotional bias. One used one's children, they were a resource. He had made use of his off springs' talents and Amir had made use of his. It was the way of the world.

Other than his tapping finger he stood quite still even as she touched him. Controlled as always, even when she insinuated there was a chance she might not live. Clearly he could not interfere in this matter.

He contemplated what he was slowly realizing, that Claire was locked up inside another personality and it had been done through command. From what he knew of the man Sorin was considerable older and more powerful than he was, it would be difficult to break any commands he had lay. If he were unable to do so, perhaps Amir could help or guide him. The idea of keeping her a prisoner in her own mind did not appeal to Bao.

"If I can assist you I will."

Before after or during whatever it was she had planed. The offer stood, it was, perhaps, that shy smile that had done it. Not that he betrayed any emotion at all as he said it.
Claire 13 years ago
Jacqueline noted the little gesture and knew that he was at least paying attention to what she said. He wasn't an overly demonstrative fellow, Bao, but apparently Claire preferred complicated. Letting go of his arm, she nodded.

"I don't intend for either of us to die. That was in part the point of this." Of her. It was not just a method to keep Sorin safe, though there was that; it was also to make her useless to the murderer for tracking and therefore not worth messing with. Of course that could get her killed but there was always that risk. It seemed less likely though, if the person had command or someone in his employ did then she was still able to be broken. If that was his intent then all she had to do was hold out until the Order of the Night found the man.

She smiled and shrugged one shoulder. "I'll do my best to bring her back to you."

Jacqueline nodded at his offer of assistance. "Merci Beaucoup, Mon Ange de Pitié" She leaned closer and kissed him lightly, on one cheek, the other, and then the first again. "Au Revoir, Bao."

((OOC: Angel of Mercy, Claire(and Jacqueline) out ))
Bao 13 years ago
The road to hell was paved with good intentions, that was conventional wisdom and Bao had no reason to doubt it. Especially as the alternate Claire realized that it was possible for her not to come back. He wondered how he would deal with that. Would he care? He thought so. This was the same dilemma he had with Pakpao. He really should just concentrate on his work. People were perplexing.

"I expect you to. I shall be less than pleased otherwise."

It was very -very- rare but he had engaged in revenge and vendettas before. He might be willing to again. He would have to consider this.

He was surprised by her calling him an angle and even more surprised to hear 'mercy' he was certain that in his thousand odd years one one had ever associated that term with him.

He sighed at she left, there was nothing he could add. Not really.

"I look forward to your proper return."

There was nothing more to say. It felt odd, empty to watch her go. Like there was something else he should do. But he didn't know what. Instead Bao only straighten his tie and found his way back to his rooms and then to the dinning room. His scheduled didn't call for him to go into the office and the dinning room was where he preferred to conduct business, it was very under utilized and was near the coffee.

((OOC... Bao out))