In the search for Fluffiwuffikins

Tavi wanted to look professional today, more or less. She had wrapped the aqua hair into a messy bun. Looking down critically at her clothing she thought she would never pass for a lawyer or even an some little student intern but hopefully she wouldn't embarrass Drew too much.

She had on a pair of grey wide legged wool trousers. Her blouse was a deep fir green, the colour complimenting the deeper hue in her hair. It had a square top and tiny straps. It was a medium weight cotton sateen with an empire cut waist that accentuated the what little cleavage she had and a flared hem that gave the illusion of a little more curve to her hips. Over it she wore,a storm grey well fitted jacket of military cut with a long row of antiqued silver buttons down each side.

Pulling out her phone, she texted Drew to let him know that she was here and would be waiting in the lobby.

The place was impressive. It seemed to go up forever from where she stood out on the street. It had a twin ,the legendary Liefde Tower where Meridian employees lived and played. A covered bridge structure connected to the buildings.

Tavi stepped inside. In front of her was a large central desk, situated like an island in a modern glass and steel sea. People flowed in a busy moving stream around it, talking, checking phones, waving to coworkers. It was a self contained ecosystem, foreign but compelling.

Approaching the front desk, she smiled at the woman who looked up to greet her. "Hi, I'm here to see Drew Benaly. Is it all right if I wait here?" The woman, Peggy, asked if she needed to page Mr. Benaly. Tavi said that she had already informed him that she was here. Peggy then pointed towards a section of the lobby away from the main flow of traffic.

Tavi navigated the busy flux of people and arrived at the little area of calm. It had sofas and chairs for waiting, magazines on the table and a television in the upper corner. CNN played with the subtitles enabled so that interested viewers could reliably follow the action over the noise in the entrance.

She pulled out her phone and looked at the file information she had transferred there.

Drew 13 years ago
He was still half pretending MARI didn't exist he didn't even talk to her in the elevator. Yawning Drew pushed the button for the lobby, and forgetting Tavi had just texted him, after losing his tie slid it off his neck and up onto his head where he tightened it again, the long uneven ends hanging down from his makeshift head band.

He was half tempted to ask the Chief and Kem if they'd mind if he switched to days. His cover was blown. He and Kem were each aware of what the other was and neither was really going to let much slip. It was sort of frustrating. His first assignment for the Pack and what had he done? Gotten caught. Not that it was really his fault, it was that thing at Reign's place he hadn't had much choice in his dropping his cover. Any way, the point was, once the league started up again days would be easier. He'd ask, eventually.

There was something he was going to do today. He'd stopped by Reign's yesterday on his way in so that wasn't it. What was it? The elevator announced his floor and Drew pulled himself upright again and ambled out. The folks at the front desk had seen his Rambo look before and only gave him an amused grin.

"Rough night?" Peggy asked.

"Paper cuts like you wouldn't believe." Was his standard answer.

She pointed off to the side and grinned. Drew followed the finger and suddenly remembered the text. Crap. That's what it was. Or who... or both. He tried desperately to pull the tie down off his head or at least all the way off and shove it in his pocket, but some how it was out smarting him.
Octavia Emiliano 13 years ago
Tavi looked up from her phone at the sound of Drew's voice. He was chatting casually with Peggy at the front desk. She did her best not to narrow her eyes at the woman for simply being polite. He seemed to have forgotten he was meeting her in the lobby. Tavi was somewhat annoyed about being forgettable. The desk clerk pointed her way.

The tie on his head made her smile, him desperately trying to get it off in a hurry made her laugh. Tavi stood, putting her phone away, and walked over to him. Wiping tears from her eyes, she said.

"Is that authentic native attire?" She reached up and helped him out of it, a calm pair of hands working wonders. Still smiling up at him, Tavi placed a hand on his chest. Looking down at the tie held in the other, she shook her head. "I never understood how you guys could wear these things. Its like a leash." Smirking, she added. "You're a good puppy, I think you can go without it for the rest of the day, hmm? No biting the sofa or peeing on the carpet." The canine analogy from a wolf amused her inwardly. There is no way in hell she'd be convinced to wear a leash or a tie.

Deciding to stop teasing him, Tavi wrapped her arms around him and gave him a hug. She wouldn't kiss him here at work and embarrass him further but she was glad to see him.

"Here, Come sit with me just a sec?"
Drew 13 years ago
"Would you believe I was doing a rain dance in the elevator?"

Drew asked a bit helplessly. God how embarrassing, not only did he flake and forget her he also managed to look like an even bigger idiot than usual. Some days you just couldn't win.

Giving up and looking rather pathetic Drew stood still and let her free him. Once released he shoved the damned thing in his pocket. Why he wore it Drew wasn't sure, Kem wouldn't -make- him. He just, well it was an attempt to look older and more responsible. He wore a tie at least twice a week, but no more than three.

He offered no resistance at all to being hugged, and wrapped his arms around her.

"Wait... so I can bite the carpet and pee on the sofa though right?"

It was going to take -ages- for him to grow up and get his act together. Drew knew this, but some days it was more frustrating than others. Today, he managed to shrug it off and let Tavi get them sitting down in the lobby.

"Sure. Or we could go find breakfast. I'm starving."

Half a dead cow sounded great right about now. Oh or a rabbit. Or this could be a really good way to gross out your date. Right... remember that Benaly.
Tavi looked out the window at the clear blue sky and then back at Drew. She raised her eyebrows in silent comment to his effectiveness.

As they walked back to the little lounge area, she chuckled at his comment.
"Why not? I'm sure carpet is high in fiber or something and peeing on the sofa will encourage people to stand so you'll be doing them a favor."

She back down on the couch and then picked her phone back up, finding the file while she talked. "I have a client who has a...." Tavi looked up and sighed. "missing cat." She looked over at him and shrugged. "Not such a high profile case but work is work. Anyway, he is in the middle of an ugly divorce and he believes that his soon to be ex-wife took Mr Snookums. She works for Meridian and since she moved out after the separation I need to follow her in order to see where she's saying."

Tavi showed him a picture of his coworker and asked.
"So do you want to come along on this highly exciting stake out or what? We can find out where she's staying and then grab you something to eat." She carefully didn't say they would both find something to eat because she wasn't likely to eat anything off the menu no matter where he chose.
Drew 13 years ago
"It is raining on the rez. ... ... Really! ... I swear it."

He said to Tavi's silent critic of his rain dance. At least she was in support of his eating and peeing plan. Of course, this was also not the sexiest thing ever he'd ever said to a girl she it was a good thing she'd almost laughed. Funny was the new dashing?

Drew flinched at the word cat. He and cats did not get along. At all. Ever. But he was all over the supportive thing.

"Better than following the almost ex around trying to prove she is cheating."

That would be... blech. Drew thought it was a little on the sleazy side. But then again so was cheating on your spouse so it probably worked out in the long run. Maybe. He was also a little worried that a guy was attached to a cat called Mr. Snookums and wondered about the reason for the divorce.

He took the picture and thought about it. He could go eat a boring lonely breakfast and get some sleep or he could go and pretend to be a private eye. Guess which one sounded like more fun, even if they were hunting a cat napper.

"You had me a stake."

Preferably a really -really- rare steak. He'd wolf down some eggs to make it look more normal but he wasn't suffering toast for any one.
Tavi smirked up at him and shrugged. "I don't know. It all depends on whether or not you get to take pictures." She gave him a saucy wink and a grin.

In truth, she thought this case was fairly simply and likely to be over with quickly. Tavi wasn't a big fan of fluffy Persian cats and even less of the people who doted on them like they were celebrity children. She did like spending time with Drew though and this case was not likely to require anything terribly illegal or get them into too much trouble.

She smiled at him when he agreed to go and mentioned steak.
"I like the way you think." Tavi forgot the earlier pledge to not be the perpetrator of public displays of affection. She stood up and gave him a quick kiss, happy he was joining her.

"Its a deal!" Giving him another grin, she said. "We can take my bike." It was easier to follow someone on a bike, however they were more noticeable. Tavi was still very good at the game of chase.
Drew 13 years ago
He might not appreciate the concept of spying on possible cheaters but when she said it, it was kind of cute and he couldn't help but return the grin. Tavi was a bit of trouble but a little trouble wasn't a bad thing.

"I thought everything was digital video these days."

He thought about that for a second raised and eyebrow and retracted his statement.

"Right forget I said that. It was creepy."

You had to like a girl who wasn't afraid to eat. Drew hated it when girls who pretended they didn't eat or who constantly on a diet. It was... weird and tended to make him uneasy.

His grin only spread when she gave him the quick little kiss. But his brows knit together at the word 'bike'.

"Bike? You don't strike me as a Schwinn kind of girl."

Drew had never ridden a motorcycle before.
Tavi arched an eyebrow at Drew's straight to video comment. Apparently such video taping was creepy. She supposed, though she wasn't really concerned unless it was her on the video.

She smiled at him as he suggested that she was not a Schwinn girl.
"You'd be correct. That's a little too slow for my tastes." Especially when she could outrun any human on one, but that was a story for another night, preferably after they knew each other for a while, perhaps laying in bed naked. Well, a girl could dream anyway. If she continued seeing Drew then that difficult discussion would come up at some point. Right now though, they had a cat to find. Her inner wolf made a disgusted noise at the very idea.

The shiny red motorcycle was parked in the visitor parking. She had brought along another helmet, unhooking it, she handed it to Drew and then picked up her own.
"This" Tavi pointed down at the Hayabusa. "is my baby."

"I'll try to keep it below the sound barrier."

((OOC: And as we finish up this post the noisy neighbors and their damn harley rumble in the driveway next to my bedroom. Seriously, I don't get why they feel it must be started up and left running while they go off and do dishes or something. Then they come out and rev it, more idling and eventually leave...though sometimes they just turn it off. ))
Drew 13 years ago
"They have some really fast Schwinns. They must. But they probably don't come with a bell or streamers."

One of his sisters had spent several years wishing for a shiny new bike with a bell and a basket and streamers. She'd never gotten it. Maybe he'd get her one for her birthday this year, it might be fun. He'd think about it.

But the thought didn't get any further when Tavi introduced him to her baby. It was, pretty and looked very fast. He held the helmet and looked at the bike with a mix of excitement and nerves. But what the hell you only lived once right?

"I'm guessing you don't share custody?"

He was having images of falling off the back in the middle of morning rush hour, but at the same time was almost wagging his tail he wanted to try this.

"OK so... how does this work? I've never ridden bitch before."
Tavi laughed and shook her head. "If I want streamers then I will wear them in my hair and grown up girls have a wonderful attention getting tool called a horn." She tilted her head and added thoughtfully. "Or a middle finger but that's iffy, you have to know they are looking...which brings us back to the horn."

Looking down at the motorcycle and back up at him when he asked if she shared custody, it was difficult to suppress the small growl at the thought. Slowly, she shook her head, no. "Prenup, only way to go."

She looked back at him and grinned. "Once you get on, then your feet go there, careful not to put them anywhere else because it could be hot." Tavi looked down at the footrests she had pulled down. "and your arms go around my hips. You hang on, lean with the curves. Any praying or eye closing you want to do is entirely optional. " Tavi winked at him but was happy that he seemed positive about riding; not everyone was.

Once he was on board, she started up the bike and watched the parking deck. When the woman's car appeared and headed off, Tavi said. "And here we go."
Drew 13 years ago
Bells were just more cheerful in Drew's opinion, and horns tended to be imprecise. You never knew if some one was honking at you or at some one else.

For all she looked to be in her late teens maybe early twenties today since she was all dressed up Drew actually wondered if there had been a Mr. Tavi and a prenup. It wouldn't surprise him at all. She'd given no indications of being a tame home body. In fact, he wondered that he didn't bore her.

"Probably for the best. More stable environment for the bike, less emotional stress and you don't have to compete for its affection."

Ok that looked and sounded simple enough. Drew pulled his helmet on and climbed onto the bike after her putting his feet where she'd shown him. He could think of worse things to do with his arms. It must look a bit odd though to have him riding behind her. He held on, careful to just steady himself rather than crush her, as she took off.

"Geronimo!"

Wrong tribe, but hey you took what you could get.

((OOC... and both out with permission))