Duck, Duck, Goose... but not...

OK so it wasn't his best idea ever. C'est La Vie was a good hang out and, thanks to Reign, he was pretty familiar with it. But it was a pool hall, granted a nice one not too smokey (he hated the smell of cigaret smoke), not too dark, not creepy or run down but not the ideal second date location. Of course, he hadn't planed on having to fix his truck, -again-. So Drew was a bit tight on cash and he knew the bar tender, Shelley, would extend him some credit without making a big deal of it. He'd snuck in a little earlier than they'd said to arrange things with her.

She had quite cheerfully threatened his life but had agreed to spot him. Thank god. She also set him up with Reign's favorite table which was both good and bad. Good because it was in a prime location in one of the corners, semi private and you never had any one on two of the sides. Bad, because it was a nine foot table and everything, he had learned, was harder on a nine foot. Most people played on eight or even on the seven foot bar boxes. Lord he needed to stop hanging out with Reign so much. He never would have thought about any of this before.

He took two cokes from Shelley and set them on a small table next to the pool table and racked the balls the way Reign had taught him for eight ball and did his best to look non-nonchalant and semi cool while hoping he didn't show up too early.

Therese 13 years ago
The pool hall was becoming familiar to her and unfortunately the bar tender was starting to recognize her. She probably would have blended in better if she had a taste for beer, but coming in and ordering a ginger ale every time seemed to have caught the woman's attention. Granted, Thérèse ordinarily would not have done anything to stand out quite so much, but she might not be giving this endeavor her best effort.

She had expected to find the Sorensen woman here and as such had settled at the bar ready to spy on the woman. She had not expected to see the male. Two drinks, he was obviously expecting some one but she had never seen him here with the woman. So this was interesting.

He looked younger than she had realized at first. But that wasn't uncommon for their kind. It did, however, make guessing his age a bit difficult. Maybe she could at least get a name tonight. It might hold him off for a bit. Certainly he had to have his own resources to run a name.

The bartender looked at her a bit odd as she broke her usual habit and asked for a table. She had played this game before after all and shouldn't look to conspicuous. The bartender shrugged and gave Thérèse the balls for a table across the room from the male. She'd have a hard time hearing but at least she very probably wouldn't be noticed, it was in one of the darkest parts of the hall after all.
Octavia Emiliano 13 years ago
The hair of the day was long. It fell to her lower back in various shades, starting with an aqua at the top, fading into a deep green and then into a green that was almost black at the bottom. Tavi wore it long, and loose, complementing it the dark purple eye shadow and thick sixties retro eye liner and mascara. The clothing theme for today was a tight white turtle neck mini dress and white thick soled knee high go go boots.

Tavi hoped that Drew liked the latest look. Peering around the room, it was easy to find him. She smiled, he was the guy at the corner table with two drinks trying -not- to look like he was waiting for someone. Damn, but he was cute!

Weaving her way through the crowd, Tavi came to stand in front of him. She glided her hands up his thighs, stopping midway.

"I hope you haven't been waiting long...or if you have, then I hope it was worth the wait."

She favored him with a coy grin and then leaned forward for a kiss.
The Legion 13 years ago
Antoine racked up another round as he pondered this assignment. Vaughn had told him that the new pack member, currently sitting at the bar nursing a ginger ale, could be found at the Arch Museum. So she had been. He had followed her to a pool hall of all places. Antoine gave the woman credit, it was a -nice- place as far as such establishments went. He just didn't expect it from the high brow looking woman he had watched earlier in the day.

Vaughn had said that she had encountered vampires right after her arrival; the alpha now wanted her protected but given her space. The request made sense though he didn't understand why vampires would let one of their kind live. He figured that Vaughn hoped the vampires would reveal their motives if the R'asa didn't appear to be overtly guarding DuBois.

She followed some guy here. Therese was good at it; her target hadn't seemed to notice. The prey in question seemed to be waiting for someone else. Antoine wondered if this was some boyfriend of his pack mate's. Perhaps she was here to catch him cheating or something. It totally explained why they were in an out of the way place that was completely different than anything he would have expected the curator to patronize.

Hitting the two into the right corner pocket, Antoine noticed a nice pair of legs standing in the entracnce. He leaned back from the table, pausing his game to get a better view. The body was slender, not enough hips for his taste but the legs seemed to go on forever for someone so short. Nice tone too, the girl obviously did a lot of running or dancing. Mmmm, dancers could be some kinky wenches if you found the right one.

He followed the white dress up towards the face. A lovely pair of green eyes scanned the crowd... A lovely -familiar- pair of green eyes.

Putain!

Antoine quickly bent back over the table, pointing the stick at a random ball. He pretended to study the angle while he listened to the woman walking past. It was a good thing she wasn't paying attention to him. He breathed a sigh of relief and retreated to his little table. Tilting his head down, Antoine watched as Tavi went right to the man Therese had been following. He pulled out his phone and made an emergency call.

"You're going to want to get down here."

"No, no, nothing like that. I promise. No, you'll see. I can't but you'll understand when you get here."

((OOC: Carry on! Vaughn will get here later. ))
Drew 13 years ago
There she was. Drew experienced that rush of excitement and relief when a date showed up. No matter how cool you tried to play it you always worried that she wouldn't show up. He'd been stood up once or twice in his life too so that didn't help at all.

He noticed the hair, how could you not notice the hair. But this look he liked better than the other actually, the blue and the green brought out her eyes. Of course, he liked the dress better tight and white took some courage to wear, he'd been around enough women to learn that, and she pulled it off well.

Obligingly she leaned down and kissed her, lightly.

"Not too long and definitely worth the wait."Â?

He confirmed.

"I thought this time we could smash things into other things. So it was this or bumper cars, and I always wind up with a stiff neck playing with bumper cars."Â?
Therese 13 years ago
She was doing her best to look semi competent at the game but truly she wasn't interested. She was casually keeping an eye on the male, waiting for a clue. She wondered who his date was, she really was expecting the Sorensen woman to arrive and so was very shocked to see the Alpha's daughter.

Thérèse missed her shot quite badly trying to figure out what that meant. Certainly Tavi couldn't know about this male. So far it looked innocent enough, it wasn't as if he was even shoving his tongue down her throat. Perhaps it was just casual, neither of them could know about the other. Could they? If that male knew about Tavi, perhaps he had some sort of ulterior motive.

While she had no doubt that Tavi could take care of herself it would be just as easy to keep an eye on her as the Kadzait. It was probably Vaughn would want to know this, but she couldn't say anything. Stars, Tavi might like to know she was out with the wrong kind of wolf. But she -couldn't- say -anything-.
Tavi smiled at Drew, wrapping her arms loosely around his hips and tucking herself into the space between his legs. Bar stools had always been rather inconveniently high for her but she had a new appreciation for them now.

"Good, on both counts."

She was glad that he hadn't been waiting very long -and- that he knew that right answer to her question.

Grinning at his reason for the date in the pool hall, Tavi then gave him a dramatic pout.

"Aww, but I like bumper cars. They encourage you to crash into people! How often does that happen?" Giving him a sly look, she changed her mind. "However, I wouldn't want you to have a stiff neck or if you did then I would want it to be for a better reason."

Turning away, Tavi leaned on his leg, and bending over it, reached for the far coke. Sliding back to the ground, she took a sip on the straw and watched him with feigned innocence. She sat the drink back down and then asked.

"So do we have anything riding on the outcome of our game?"
The Legion 13 years ago
Antoine was trying to keep an eye on Tavi to make sure she didn't see him, while looking like he wasn't looking. He knew that the worst thing to do would be to avoid ever glancing in her direction. Total avoidance would be odd and -that- would definitely set the detective off. He kept an eye on his target as well.

That was easier, she'd never met him before.

He'd certainly never hit on her...and Antoine couldn't say the same thing about the Alpha's daughter. Stupid, yes, but she was kind of sexy in her own way. When she wasn't angry with her mother, which was often.

Antoine wished Vaughn would get here and soon. He wasn't sure what the man would make of this latest development but at least -he'd- feel better.

"Want a drink?"

Startled by the voice behind him, Antoine jumped and turned. The waitress arched an eyebrow at him and snorted. Looking slightly annoyed, he said.

"Non, I will wait until my friend gets here."

She shrugged a shoulder and walked off, putting an extra sway into her hips. He watched her for a long minute before returning to his game and his assignment.
Drew 13 years ago
Forward was the only word that really came to mind. Of course, forward wasn't a bad thing. Nope, not at all. Shrinking violets had never done it for him. As she stood there he loosely wrapped his arms around her and made no move to chase her to the table. Nope they were good here right now.

A goofy grin took up residence on his face as she flirted.

"I hope you're not going to suggest bull riding or sky diving as a better reason. I mean if you're determined to give me a stiff neck we could just find the bumper cars."Â?

He was suddenly very glad he'd planned ahead and gotten the two cokes. See that whole 'be prepared' thing paid off. Not that he'd ever been a scout or anything, but the motto was sound in theory.

"Well... we don't. Yet. I'm sure something could be arranged though."Â?

And if it was a cash bet he had better win. But he didn't mention that just yet.
Therese 13 years ago
Thérèse couldn't help it, she smiled to herself watching Tavi flirt with the Kadzait. It was obvious she had his attention. She couldn't say she'd never used similar tactics either.

Objectively she was able to see the appeal in the man. He was tall and well built. He was casually dressed in sneakers, jeans which were a bit large for him and a red long sleeved shirt which fit him quite well managing to emphasize his physic without looking as if he was an idiot or desperate, and she could see a worn, but well cared for, brown leather jacket hung over the back of his chair. The over all appearance he gave off was one of youth and sincerity. She wondered how much of either was true.

She was tempted to go over and say hello. Certainly with Tavi there she could get away with it and then she would have to introduce her date. At least, Thérèse reasoned, she would have his name. But she didn't want to call attention to herself just yet. If the Kadzait became aware of her it would be all the more difficult to follow him in the future.
"Hmm, no, not what I had mind but if you'd like to do either of those things just let me know."

She pulled back and went to the rack of cue sticks and picked out one that suited her. Coming back to Drew, Tavi stood looking at the table.

"Hmm, I suppose we should play a game first. I am not sure I want to make a bet with an unknown. You might be a hustler for all I know."

Tavi made a show of eying him suspiciously and then turned to the table. She had played Snooker quite often but American billiards not as much. Once or twice in France a very long time ago. One of the Legionnaires had shown her the game.

"Okay, how does all this" She gestured to the crazy number of coloured balls in the center."work?"
Vaughn Emiliano 13 years ago
Vaughn was worried but he couldn't afford to do a bad job with his disguise and risk being recognized by Therese. He put on the ballcap with thin shoulder length sandy blonde hair, adding a moustache of the same colour.
He put away the glasses and added a pair of dark brown contacts. Vaughn exchanged the suit from work with a pair of faded jeans, a white pullover shirt with the long sleeves pushed up almost to his elbows and a flannel plaid layered open on top of it.

Shoving his phone in his pocket, he was on his way, only breaking the speed limit by 15 miles per hour or so.

As soon as he entered the pool hall Vaughn scanned the room looking for Therese and Antoine. His gaze swept left to right and fell almost immediately on hair the colour of sea glass. Tavi, as usual, was hard to miss. Vaughn breathed a sigh of relief. This was most likely the reason for Antoine's urgent call. Tavi could break the Legionaire's cover at any time if the man wasn't careful.

He had a harder time finding Therese, she was tucked in the upper left corner of the hall. Hmm, Antoine wouldn't be near her if he wanted to be able to watch her easily. He'd be, well, Tavi's table would be one of the best but obviously it was occupied. Spotting Antoine, Vaughn could see that he chose his table to be far from Therese but able to watch the door as well.

Walking over, he clapped Antoine on the shoulder, giving him a smile.
"Sorry, I'm late." Vaughn said by way of greeting. While this close to the other man, he spoke a little more softly. "What's the problem? just Wythoedd?"

Antoine felt almost feint in relief when Vaughn appeared in front of him. The longer this went on with him watching alone, the more likely he would be spotted by Tavi, or Wythoedd, as Vaughn had called her. He had visions of her making a scene. She'd definitely be angry, she might fight him. Antoine was not terribly worried about that, Tavi had no where to hide a pair of sticks in that dress she was wearing. At least he -hadn't- been worried until he realized there were sticks a plenty around here. One in his hand, one in her's, racks on the wall... yes, this was not a good day to be him.

"En part, oui." Antoine tilted his chin towards the front of the room and his eyes flickered briefly in the direction of Therese. "She is here watching the homme avec votre fille."

Vaughn nodded and went to pick out a cue. "What are we playing?"

"Eh, eight ball." Antoine shrugged and started setting up the balls. He was no less likely to be spotted by Tavi, but at least Vaughn would be there to blunt her wrath.

((OOC: For the sake of my sanity, we're sticking Antoine in with Vaughn unless there is a need to break them into seperate posts ))
Drew 13 years ago
"Yeah sure.... how am I supposed to know you won't hustle me?"Â?

Drew said with an easy grin.

"And don't try sweet and innocent or totally incompetent either. I've learned what to look for."Â?

That was one thing Reign had taught him. Good players had tells, even when they were trying to look bad. He didn't spend a lot of time in pool halls but at least he had an edge, he knew who to stay away from.

"I could introduce you to a hustler if you want... good one."Â?

It was a bit odd bringing up Reign while on a date but they were friends. OK so they had slept together for a while but that had ended. Neither of them had talked about it, but some time before that incident on the lawn, with the vampire trying to get in and Kem... yeah that mess. Sometime right around then it had ended by mutual accord. They were still close and he still occasionally spent the night over there and he did go out of his way to keep an eye on her but it was strictly platonic these days.

"Pretty easy. This is eight ball. You can break who ever sinks one first plays what fell. So you get a stripe in you're strips, a solid you shoot solids. Idea is to get all yours in and then get the eight ball in before I do. If you get the eight in before yours are all off the table or you scratch on the eight you lose."Â?

He scratched his head and was certain he was forgetting something. But it was most of it any way.

"That's about it. I'm sure I'll remember something as we go."Â?
Therese 13 years ago
She had been keeping an eye on the comings and goings of the other players and patrons but not really taking much notice of them. At least she hadn't been until she heard... French. You didn't often hear the language in this country, at least she hadn't so far.

Not having expected it she hadn't really understood what had been said, but there was no mistaking the sound. Thérèse looked up to identify the speaker. It must be one of the two men down that way. Waiting a moment to see if she heard anything more but there wasn't anything more, at least not now. She returned her attention to the Kadzait and Tavi and her 'game'. It was one more thing to listen for though.

Thérèse shook her head when the man offered to introduce Tavi to a hustler. That could only be the Sorensen woman. She really did no want that to happen. If the mulo started to link Tavi with the Kadzait and the woman things would only get more complicated. If that was indeed possible.
"There's just no telling is there?" Tavi grinned. " I guess you'll just have to take your chances."

She gasped with feigned outrage at the thought of faking. "I am -always- sweet, rarely innocent and I try to aim for competent most days."

Leaning against the side of the pool table, Tavi raised her eyebrows at the mention of introducing her to a good hustler. "Is that so? Did you get taken? She favored him with a mischievous grin. Perhaps this hustler was a girl? It would explain why the girlish charms supposedly wouldn't work on him.

She listened to the rule of the game. Break, knock something in. Continue knocking those in and then the eight. Don't knock the eight in before that. Sounded easy enough. Tavi gave the little black ball a friendly pat. Then she leaned down to bust the cluster up and hope for the best.

The white cue ball hit with a smart sounding crack. Balls rolled and spun in various directions but only one managed to make it into a pocket. The orange five made its way with agonizing slowness towards the far right corner, eventually tipping into it.

"Ah well that's one potted." Tavi turned to look at him happily. "So I'm solids then?"

Vaughn listened to the conversation between his daughter and the young man she was with. He had never seen the guy before but he supposed that didn't mean he wasn't one of the R'asa. Looking over at Antoine he gestured for the other man to break.

Antoine nearly choked upon hearing Tavi claim to always be sweet. Biting the inside of his cheek, the Legionnaire nodded and bent over the table.

"He's of interest to your souris there. Why she came."

With that said, Antoine gave the cue a good tap, making a nice break. He sunk several balls and would be solids for the game. He lined up another shot on the seven, pointing to the middle left side pocket. Sinking that one, he turned to deal with the two. "Far corner, Ami." He looked up to notice Vaughn wasn't paying him much attention. Antoine smacked him lightly in the leg with his cue.

"Two, far corner."

Vaughn nodded absently and then made a show of paying attention, crossing his arms over his chest and looking down at the table as Antione missed his latest shot. The Legionnaire said that the man with Tavi was the one that Therese was interested in. Now what did he do? Did this guy hit her, was she in love with him and following him because she suspected him of cheating? He seemed a bit young, even for a were turned at an early age, but sometimes these things happened. If he was the one who roughed up Therese then he was likely a werewolf at the very least. Vaughn couldn't see her falling for a vampire,especially not after the talk the other night. Did he wait and hope this guy didn't hurt Tavi? Or did he find out from Therese what was going on, thus making it plain that he had her tailed?

Leaning down, he knocked the thirteen into the front right pocket. Then the eleven. The fifteen went into the middle left. Vaughn's fourth shot missed. Antoine gave him a pleased smirk which was returned by a dark glare.

"Tsk, you're ahead. You should be happy."

Drew 13 years ago
"Well, no, not as such but I caught her in a moment of weakness I think."Â?

That was to say Reign had been very drunk but was still kicking ass and taking names. She could barley walk to the table but once she had stumbled up there she just knew what to do. He guessed that was why she was a pro.

He wasn't sure how the two of them would get along. But, Reign was a friend and important to him. Eventually they'd have to meet and if they didn't get on it could be interesting at the very least.

Letting those thoughts wander away he just grinned.

"But I'm willing to take my chances Ms. Semi-Sweet Competent Might Be a Hustler."Â?

He watched her break, looking for the things Reign had taught him and why he wasn't sure how good Tavi was just yet, he knew she wasn't as good as Reign. Of course, very -very- few people were.

"That's the idea. One is a good start. Keep going till you miss, oh and you have to hit one of your balls first or it is a fowl and then my turn."Â?
Therese 13 years ago
Thérèse was starting to feel like a goon, a voyeur, a peeping Tom, and just rather dirty for watching what was obviously a date. The couple was being rather sweet and slightly reserved. It didn't seem to indicate lack of interest, just caution. Of course, they were both werewolves and you couldn't just advertise that fact, so they had reason for caution. One of them had to use the other's name eventually. Didn't they?

This was frustrating. Very frustrating. Thérèse was tempted to give up and try and catch him at some other time. Perhaps he would be easier to read without a girl on his arm.

She caught just one more word in French, but it wasn't enough to really make anything out so she didn't even bother to look up.

Sitting down on a barstool her game quite unfinished she casually surveyed the room trying to ensure she hadn't missed anything. Leaning against the wall with her ginger ale she took everything in. The place was busy but not packed. There were still empty tables here and there. The bartender and waitresses had enough to do but didn't seem over worked. It was ideal for her purposes, but, unfortunately, she had nothing to show for it.

While she wasn't afraid of failure at this time, or even what he might do to her, Thérèse would greatly prefer he not repeat his 'lessons' from last time. it had taken two full days for the bruises to fade to nothing. And she'd had to be extremely careful of her throat especially, that had looked far too much like a hand.
Tavi laughed and wondered what more there was to this story. It had obviously gone well because he said he could introduce her. You didn't hang around after being shafted or doing the shafting, generally speaking.

Looking back at the table, she surveyed where the solids were and which was the most likely choice for a pot. The seven looked like a good call. Tavi leaned down and took aim. She hit the cue ball a little left of center and instead of going straight for the seven it spun off to the side, missing it completely.

Shrugging, she turned to Drew and smiled.
"Lulling you into a false sense of security.... Oops, I wasn't supposed to say that." Tavi brushed a hand along his stomach as she went past him to the table.

She hopped up onto the stool, tucking the heels of her boots in one of the rungs. Sadly without the heeled shoes, she wouldn't have been able to reach the crossbar and her feet would have dangled like a kid in a tall chair. Sipping her drink, Tavi watched Drew take his turn, appreciating the need to bend over in this game.

Antoine noticed that the Dubois woman seemed to have given up on her game for the moment. He wondered what she was doing here. If she were spying on the guy to see if he was with another woman then she had plenty of proof of that. Unless, she was hoping for something more incriminating than Tavi's flirting. The man seemed more reserved perhaps his pack mate was waiting for him to make a move that made it very clear they were more than friends.

He thought sourly that his friends didn't kiss -him- that way upon greeting and he was French for God's sake! There was no help but to wait, at least playing pool was better than sitting in a cold car watching a building.

Taking his shot, Antoine dropped several balls before missing and he managed to block a shot that would have been an easy pocket for Vaughn. He smiled at the Alpha but decided it was probably best not to look too pleased.

He had still not come up with a plan of action that suited him in this situation. Vaughn did not want to wait until Tavi was attacked to find out that he was right in assuming that the bruises Therese had were from an attacker and not an accident as she claimed. This could also not be the right man, but if not why would Therese be here watching him?

Jumping like he had received a text from his phone on vibrate, Vaughn pulled out the device and held up a hand to Antoine, requesting a moment. He then flipped open the phone and held it up, snapping a quick picture of the man with his daughter. He shook his head and rolled his eyes at what he had "read". Leaning down, he typed a 'response'. Really, Vaughn forwarded the picture to another member of the Legion with a short text asking him to see what he could find on the guy. They would talk later, perhaps Antoine knew which vehicle the man came in.

"Some people just don't take no for an answer." Vaughn waved his phone in explanation before sticking it back in his pocket.

He looked at the current state of the game and realized that Antoine had blocked the shot that he had been intending to make. Leaning on the table, Vaughn shot a sour look over his shoulder before going back to studying the layout.

Drew 13 years ago
Yeah, he was pathetic. He knew that, he accepted it but that casual little brush was enough to distract him for a second. Drew wound up taking a step back from the table and looking at the table again.

"Lulling my ass. You're out to distract me and you know it."Â?

He grinned and decided that if that was the way this game was going to go he was playing by the same rules and that it would also probably make it take a lot longer. But he wasn't too worried about that. Stretching out over the table he made the nine, which was an easy tap, stood and walked round the table and smashed the fourteen hard enough to bounce it around the table enough that eventually fell into a pocket.

Reign wouldn't have let him get away with it. Being distressingly honest Drew frowned, but used it as an excuse to wander back and stand next to his date.

"My hustler wouldn't let me get away with that. She'd call it slop because I didn't call a pocket. What do you think?"Â?

If they wanted to play a loser game he was all over that. Any excuse and hit things hard, with a stick. After all that was most of the point of the game wasn't it?

Trying very hard to be casual he stretched around behind Tavi to pick up his drink. Ok he wasn't quite thirsty, but it was as good a reason as any and, he thought, one slicker than the whole yawn and stretch move. Not that he was against the yawn and stretch move at all.