Never too late

Jan picked up the electric guitar and nodded to the remaining members of the band. They'd make it through even if he had to play and sing.

"This world will never be what I expected
And if I don't belong who would have guessed it
I will not leave alone everything that I own
To make you feel like it's not too late, it's never too late"

He looked out at the crowd. Most of the previous dancers seemed to be occupied elsewhere. Jan sighed inwardly, Ash better have a damn good story to tell.

((OOC: Never Too Late by Three Days Grace ))

Evgeni 13 years ago
Evgeni wandered towards the stage. He stood and watched the singer pick up a guitar and begin to sing again. The man had a beautiful voice; it was haunting and smooth.

Standing with his hands in his pockets, Evgeni listened to the words of the song.

"Even if I say it'll be alright
Still I hear you say you want to end your life
Now and again we try to just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it around 'cause it's not too late
It's never too late"

He looked up at the dark haired man on stage and it seemed as though the vocalist was looking directly at him. Evgeni swallowed once under the cool scrutiny in the young man's green eyes but he didn't look away. His pride demanded that he not back down from such a simple thing even if the words seemed to cut right through to the heart of his situation.
Jan 13 years ago
Eyes scanning the crowd below, Jan noticed a blonde man coming towards the stage. He watched the man's progress as he continued to sing. The man looked up and their eyes met; Jan continued to watch with mild curiosity. Most people shied away from a direct gaze but the blonde below him seemed to take it as a challenge.

Jan raised an eyebrow in an amused salute to someone calling him at his own game. A smile spread upon his face and he eventually let his attention slid onward towards other people in the crowd.

"No one will ever see this side reflected
And if there's something wrong who would have guessed it?
And I have left alone everything that I own
To make you feel like it's not too late, it's never too late"
Evgeni 13 years ago
Evgeni continued to definitely hold the gaze of the young man on the stage. The singer arched one slender black brow at him and smiled. Evgeni found himself grinning as well. Such behavior seemed somewhat immature when he thought about it; certainly beneath someone of his age. He would do it again though without apologies. Evgeni guessed there was still some growing to do.

It's never too late"

He was daring to hope those words would be true, that his nightmare might soon be over. Evgeni knew that it was only a matter of minutes before Sofia came back and the tension and anticipation of torture would begin again.
Jan 13 years ago
"The world we knew won't come back
The time we've lost can't get back
The life we had won't be ours again"

Jan found his attention wandering back to the blonde man from before. At the moment he was the most interesting person among those near the stage; most everyone else was dancing with a partner.

Finding his attention back on the man, Jan focused more closely on him. He was not difficult on the eyes. The blonde appeared older than him but not by much and the well tailored black suit complemented his tall slender frame.

Not bad at all. Jan gave him a coy smirk

"This world will never be what I expected
And if I don't belong"
Evgeni 13 years ago
Evgeni found himself once more under the scrutiny of the man on stage. It was now his turn to look amused. Giving the man a smirk and raised eyebrows, he performed a little spin on one foot. Upon finishing it he gestured with both hands out to the side, palm up. Ta-da!

He had to hand it to the kid, he kept singing

It's never too late"

It did earn him another smile though and that was really the point.
Jan 13 years ago
Jan watched the little turn for his benefit with amusement. Obviously the blonde had no problem with being watched at all. It seemed to liven him up actually; Jan had noticed that the man had seemed rather thoughtful, perhaps worried, when he first came to stand in front of the stage.

Perhaps he would get a chance to talk to the guy later, once the band had stopped performing for the night. Jan hoped that the blonde wouldn't leave early; he seemed at least interesting to talk to.

It was so easy to get bored at these events.

Jan sang the last words of the song with his attention still on the man in front of him.

It's never too late
It's not too late, it's never too late
Evgeni 13 years ago
A presence made Evgeni turn to look. Sofia was standing beside him, watching him. She followed his gaze up to the stage and the young man on it and then returned her eyes to him. It was nearly impossibly to tell what she was thinking, even through the bond.

Perhaps even she didn't know.

Sofia regarded him a moment more before focusing her attention on someone in the crowd. She left him and started making her way over to one of the tables. He didn't need her to say anything to know that he was expected to follow. Evgeni took one last look at the young man on stage before turning and walking away.

The final strains of the song seemed to reach out to him even has the guitar faded into silence.

Its not too late, its never too late.

((OOC: Evgeni and Jan out ))