Throwing and Hitting(attn: Drew)

Tavi played with one of the white strands of hair, looping it around her fingers over and over again. The fake dread falls were back in and she had two very full pigtails of black and white hair. Her skirt was a short pleated black and white plaid. Her shirt was a little boat necked tee in bright pink with a pair of very thin suspenders strapped over the top. Her look was completed with knee socks and a short pair of doc martins.

She stood outside the arcade and tried to look casual, maybe even bored. No bored would be bad. Tavi just didn't want to look like she was anxiously waiting the arrival of her date. Pausing the fidget with the hair, she pulled out her phone.

Click, she checked the time. Yep, she was early.

Tavi stared down at the little iphone and considered her options. Picking a random game that she probably wouldn't pay much attention to anyway, she started it up. At least it would make her look less desperate without having to feign complete apathy.

Drew 13 years ago
Drew had found a free place to park around the corner and walked to the arcade. He turned round the corner and got a look at Tavi and was half tempted to turn around a change his cloths. Everything was clean but he was a bit rumpled, as was usual. His jeans were maybe a tiny bit bit and were certainly faded as was his old NAU T-Shirt. The collared shirt he'd thrown on over that was new and the only thing that wasn't faded, but he hadn't ironed it. Oh well too late now.

She looked much better, the hair was definitely different. He liked it. He was trying to play it cool though, she was managing. He checked his own phone, made sure he wasn't late and ambled up to her doing his best not to look self conscious.

"Heya. Am I late?"Â?
Octavia Emiliano 13 years ago
"I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine.
I got a love and I know that it's all mine, oh, oh oh, oh
Do what you want but you're never gonna..."

Tavi looked up and flushed a nice shade of red at getting caught singing. Her taste in music was eclectic and for some reason she just really liked the upbeat happy song;however, that didn't mean she wanted to get caught singing it with no musical accompaniment by a guy she'd like to have not think her completely lame.

Tapping the menu button to end her game, she looked at the time on her phone and then showed it to him.

"Uh, no, not late."

Tucking the phone away, She smiled up at him.

"So which first? The throwing or the hitting?"

Her fingers caught the strand she had been playing with earlier and tugged it across the bridge of her nose like a screen as she looked over at him through her lashes. He looked handsome. She was fairly certainly Drew would look good in anything but Tavi liked what he was wearing. He looked comfortable, at ease with himself, and that was sexy.
Drew 13 years ago
The little song, though Drew didn't immediately recognize it was sort of sweet. But the blush was adorable. If he had been a different kind of guy he'd be trying to recreate that look the rest of the night. As it was, Drew wasn't above teasing a little bit.

"Well I was going to say throwing, I'm not sure I trust you with a bat yet you could prove to be a psycho in disguise. But I'm thinking now... maybe we ditch both and try karaoke."Â?

His grin was light and playful and although he was teasing there wasn't the slightest hint of mean about it. It was all just a game.

Not giving her any time to dwell on it, Drew grabbed Tavi's hand and started them inside, careful to hold the door for her. Being in a particularly good mood, he even bowed elaborately as he did so.

Maybe a date with a pretty girl was what he'd needed. He'd been so damned focused on the mess with Reign, and she was getting cranky and then when he wasn't fussing about that he was waiting for Nikhila to pop. Funny, she was huge, but he was still semi-infatuated. But it was just that, infatuation and it might be fading, a little. He hoped.

"I think we have bowling in here too so you get a choice of hurling small objects or big heavy ones. Ladies choice."Â?
Tavi punched him in the arm before she even thought about it; the instinctive reaction of someone with a twin brother. Luckily it wasn't as hard as she'd hit Tobi before; it was more playful but still... She hoped he wasn't expecting dainty and lady-like because he wasn't going to get it.

Giving him a little pout, she said.

"Right, We'll just save the hitting for later then."

She was back to a happy grin by the time he opened the door for her. Tavi giggled lightly at his bow, and gave him a little curtsy, flaring the sides of the short little skirt.

Thinking about the two choices, she said.

"Funny shoes or tickets and flashing lights.... Hmmm, well lets go with the flashing lights and save the fashionable footwear for later."

Crossing her arms, Tavi looked smug.

"Besides I might be dangerous with a bowling ball."
Drew 13 years ago
Drew did a tiny double take when she punched him. But as she'd gone for the arm rather than the kidneys. Somehow Reign could almost always hit the kidneys, it was like she had radar or something.

He cheerfully rubbed his arm, she had a good jab.

"I wouldn't want you to repress too much. You'll get ulcers. But if I get a black eye, if any one asks you were six seven had thirty pounds on me and moonlight as a professional boxer."Â?

He thought about it for a second and added.

"Oh yeah... and you're a guy. And since I don't date guys we'd better avoid the black eye."Â?

Of course that left him open for just about anything else.

The curtsey was... well the skirt was short and ... right down Benally. This was a first date after all.

He liked her logic though and grinned. No one liked wearing rented shoes. It was a little... odd.

"I get the feeling you're dangerous just in general. So... maybe we could minimize it. Although those skee balls could hurt. Oh hell let's risk it."Â?

He set them up with a good hand full of tokens and took them off in the direction of the game in question.
Tavi tossed her head back and laughed when Drew expressed his concern for her holding back. Still laughing, her eyebrows raised at the very different description of her physical features.

"If I am supposed to be six foot seven then I TOTALLY have on the wrong shoes."

She pointed down to the "not very high heeled" footwear.

"I do have some stilts somewhere though."

Tilting her head down to look at her chest, Tavi then raised her eyes to look at Drew.
"I know they aren't much but I don't think I'm passing for the Y chromosome today so I guess that's a good rule to know. No black eyes."

She laughed and wrapped an arm around his waist as they headed for the machines.

"Guidelines are good things. Think you need a safety word or are you going to be risky and do without for the first date?"

Tavi grinned but didn't look up this time. She uttered quietly.

"Good of you to notice."
Drew 13 years ago
Drew had a semi inappropriate idea of letting her ride on his shoulders. Granted that would make her more than six foot seven but that just didn't seem to matter right then. He liked that she didn't wear stupidly high heels. Which was a bit odd. He also liked that Nikhila wore them. She was over six foot and she'd still wear heels. Maybe he had a thing for women embracing their height, whatever it may be.

Whoops. OK so he'd maybe phrased that badly. Well no one ever said he was perfect.

"I think I'd have to be dead to mistake you for a Y chromosome."Â?

The arm around his waist was a surprise but it was a good one. He echoed it by placing an arm around her shoulder.

"For the first date I think I'll just trust you. Of course if you want a second date you might not want to scare me too bad. I'm a delicate thing you know. Lead a sheltered life."Â?

He heard that, but it wasn't clear that she'd -meant- for him to hear it, so Drew didn't say anything. It was possible she was dangerous. He wasn't ruling that out. But unless she had claws and fangs three days a month Drew didn't think it was anything he couldn't happen.

Instead he made a nice neat pile of the tokens and cheerfully settled in to deal with skewed results.
Tavi smiled at Drew and gave him a happy hug with the arm that was around his waist. It was nice to have someone adamently say she did not look like a twelve year old boy or that she could even play one on tv.

She stepped away and nodded solemnly at his advice to treat him gently. Clasping her hands in front of her, Tavi scuffed the ground with the toe of one shoe.

"Yes, Sir, I promise not to break you or otherwise mentally scar you on the first date."

Turning to the game they were supposed to be focusing on, She put appropriate amount of tokens in the coin slot. Tavi picked up the first wooden ball as it slid to a stop in the shoot. She squinted her eyes and made a passing attempt at looking focused. Then Tavi threw the ball so it banked off one of the side walls part of the way up. It bounced over and into the forty ring.

Meh, could be better...could be worse.

"Test throw...yeah, that's it."

((OOC: Yay random dice...*sigh* We'll be amazing next time. You watch! ))
Drew 13 years ago
"Uncommonly decent of you. But I'm noticing you didn't promise to keep me safe after tonight."Â?

He managed a leer, a non-creepy leer. Which was harder to do than it sounded.

"That wasn't too bad!"Â?

He cheered her on... and then remembered he was playing too. This looked easy. But he was perplexed by this rolling the ball thing. Wouldn't it be easier to just throw it? Of course there was a cage in front of the the rings so you couldn't do that, but it would have been easier.

Still it was a kid's game, right? Right. So he should be able to do this no problem.

Apparently not. He rolled the ball far too hard it crashed into the back of the game bounced of the cage and finally landed right in the twenty ring.

That had been... loud. Drew cringed a bit and looked around to see if it had drawn a lot of attention. Well it had gotten some, but not near as bad as he'd feared.

He grinned and shrugged apologetically at his date.

"Would you believe it's better than zero?"Â?
Octavia arched an eyebrow at Drew expressing silently the clear meaning of "No, I didn't". She played rough and there were only so many promises she was going to make. Tavi understood that made her a difficult partner in a relationship and she supposed that was why she had a hard time staying in one.

She turned to watch Drew throw the first ball and bit her lip as it rolled up the ramp with more force than strictly necessary. Wincing as it hit the cage with a loud crash, Tavi smiled at him with sympathy. Answering his question about the scoring, she gave him an uncertain answer.

"...Yes?"

She smiled at him again and shook her head in amusement. Picking up the next ball, Tavi drew back and let it roll out of her hand and up the ramp. Perhaps the first throw was enough to get back into the feel of the game or perhaps it was her competitive nature rising to the fore but whatever the reason, Tavi's ball landed neatly in the left hand one hundred point ring.

Most likely it was sheer luck.

She actually found herself feeling kind of bad for it. Pulling on one pigtail, Tavi gave Drew an apologetic smile.

"Could happen to anyone?"

((OOC: Woo 7! I had to go back and look up what the hell that meant! I originally thought she missed, lol. ))
Drew 13 years ago
OK that was sexy. Some women could do the eyebrow arch and some couldn't and of the ones that could some times you got more of a mom vibe. Well maybe it was because they viewed him like a mom or a younger brother or something, but Drew was expert at ignoring that. Tavi's was more of a hot punk Vulcan.

"Damned. How did you do that? I can -never- do that."Â?

Granted he didn't play a lot of skee ball but when he did it was hard not to try for the hundreds. He just always missed.

"Yeah sure... any one with mad skills."Â?

Deciding that he should make a much gentler toss this time Drew under did it and the ball barley flopped into the twenty point ring. He hung his head in 'shame'.

"I think it is a really good thing we don't have any money riding on this."Â?
Tavi shrugged at Drew because she really didn't know how to do what she did. She would readily admit that it was mere good fortune.

"Luck of the Romani."

She gave him a smug smile briefly, like she could control such things. Then she turned to watch him roll the next ball. Tavi would give him points for being more gentle this time. However, it didn't help his score any. She laughed at the thought of money riding on their skee ball skills and gave him supportive answer... after a fashion.

"Its better than zero, right?"

Picking up her next ball, Tavi rolled it down the ramp. She winced as soon as it left her hand; sometimes you just know that its not going to be good. Tavi had been aiming for a spot on the side wall that- should- have bounced the ball into the fifty ring. Instead it bounced in between the partitions before rolling down the top of them and landing in the thirty slot.

"...and apparently that last shot was all the luck I will be getting today."
Drew 13 years ago
"A gypsy huh?"Â?

Drew cringed sympathetically when her ball went totally wild. Damned that was impressive. In a really scary sort of way.

"I was going to ask if those gypsy curses were just a stereotype but... maybe not..."Â?

Stereotypes amused Drew to no end. He didn't know why, probably because once you got of the Reservation most people expected him to wear feathers in his hair and carry a tomahawk. Not many people actually realized there were Indians other than the Sioux and the Apache apparently. So he rolled with it. Rather unlike that ball...

"I might have a rabbits foot in my truck or some salt? I'm pretty sure some one told me that salt is good for... something. OK so I didn't pay attention in that alternative religions class."Â?

Well he had, but only enough to keep his grade up and keep his scholarship.

This time when he tossed his ball almost absently, half waiting for her to just laugh her ass off at him. Fear was a good motivator though as he finally landed a ball in a decent spot, forty points. Not bad.
Tavi nodded but said nothing else. It was easy to get defensive about her heritage. Most people believed all Romani lived on the street and stole money from tourists or were fortune tellers with scarves and bad accents.

She couldn't claim to be innocent of all of the stereotype but she still didn't like to be judged by them. However, if there was another race that was easily misjudged and stereotyped then it was the Native American and so she'd hold off on the attitude until it was warranted.

Smiling at Drew sweetly, she shook her head about the evil magic.

"I promise not to put any curses on you so long as you don't scalp me. I think then we'll be golden."

Smiling at the rest of his statement, Tavi rolled her eyes skyward.

"I never understood how a rabbit's foot was lucky. It obviously wasn't very fortunate for the animal in question. And I doubt salt will help unless I can toss it on your ramp in the hopes of screwing up your rolls..." Tavi narrowed her eyes thoughtfully. "On second thought, where's that salt?"

She laughed when his half hearted roll managed to score much better than his other ones. Tavi decided to give that method a try herself. Picking up the next ball, Tavi aimed at the side of the ramp like she had in the first throw and tossed the ball with an easy swing. It would seem this method had good results because the ball rolled over and into the fifty slot just like the first time.

"Ooh maybe I won't need the salt after all!"

She clapped her hands once and smiled at him with happy amusement at her success.
Drew 13 years ago
"Damned. Well that puts a crimp in my plans for the rest of the evening."Â?

Drew did his best to look hurt and other wise abused, but perked up at a new idea.

"I can still do that rain dance though right?"Â?

Huh, yeah he'd wondered about the rabbit's foot thing too. His best guess was if you caught the rabbit and got a good meal out of it you were lucky. So you carried the foot around to hold on to that luck. And because it wasn't great for eating. Oh you could and he had but it wasn't exactly a prime cut.

Wait... what?

"Hey!"Â? Drew protested with a good natured grin. "I'm no skee ball expert but I'm pretty sure that's cheating. We're going to have to try a different game if you keep thinking like that!"Â?

His own ball managed to limp, just barley, into the fortyspot again about the same time as hers hit the fifty. He didn't know if he should surrender or gun for two out of three.

"But you know maybe... on second thought it isn't cheating. Just a challenge. I'm sure I have some in the truck."Â?

He had everything else in the truck, why not salt.

Although the stupid grin on his face as she cheered herself on probably gave the impression he wasn't too worried about anything right now, let alone salt.
Tavi laughed and shrugged.

"Well on the upside, some of this isn't my hair. You can have it when I'm finished with it if you want. But personally I don't think it suits you. I would suggest red...maybe purple."

Plopping down on the floor cross legged, Tavi propped her head on one hand and looked up at him.

"Sure, go for it!" She grinned and added. "Is this to be a one man show or can I join once I know the steps?"

Tavi waved away the need for salt and turned back to the game. Rolling onto her hands and knees, she crawled the tiny space needed to reach the slot with her remaining balls. Tavi picked one up and rolled it from her kneeling position. Unfortunately it didn't allow her to get enough force going and the ball only landed in the twenty slot.

"Huh, I suppose I should stand up for the rest."

With that statement she remained seated and propped an elbow up on her ramp to watch him throw the next round.

((OOC: Stupid 3 ))
Drew 13 years ago
Drew opened his mouth, closed it, opened it again and took a second to just look both confused and thoughtful. Finally he gave up.

"We've never much gone in for the scalping so I'm not 100% sure but I think that is against the rules. Or at least I'd only get partial credit. So... yeah... besides, it looks better on you. But... really? Purple?"Â?

The idea of having purple hair made him laugh. He just couldn't help it. God the list of people who would never let him live it down was as long as his arm. It was easier to deal with the whole rain dance thing.

"Don't see why you couldn't try your hand at it, but if you get it wrong and start a drought or flood the city out I can't be held responsible. I've got to say that up front, standard disclaimer you know."Â?

He watched, both perplexed and amused by her creative interpretation of the rules. It was probably just down right cheating but since it hadn't gained her much he decided not to be a stickler about it. Besides, this wasn't serious it was all just for fun.

"Oh, I don't know I kind of like this new strategy you've got going on here. Might give me a chance to catch up."Â?

Drew cocked his head at her new position and gave her an odd little grin before taking his own turn. Well, it could have been better but it could have been worse too, thirty was respectable.
Tavi laughed at explanation of the rules of scalping. She had to agree that bringing back hair that wasn't real and was freely given to seem to go against the whole spirit of the activity.

Looking thoughtful, Tavi shook her head at the idea of causing a drought or a flood.

"Best not to try it then because that would totally be my luck, right there."

Which totally went against her earlier statement of good fortune. In truth, Tavi felt most luck was what you made of situations.

She watched his throw but then went back to the earlier conversation. Piping up in protest of his naysaying her colour choices, she questioned.

"What's wrong with a little purple?"

Standing up, Tavi walked over and rose up on her tip toes, leaning against Drew as she reached around to the hair caught up in the tie at the back of his head.

"You know, one streak...right here. Not anything drastic."

Giving him a small smile, she stayed where she was for a moment.

"I like it the way it is though."

Tavi dropped back down to her normal height and went to roll her next ball. Perhaps she was thinking of other things because her aim was definitely off. The wooden sphere bounced around the edges again before landing in the twenty slot.

"Huh..." She shrugged. "Ah well."
Drew 13 years ago
"Wise, wise woman. I know places where they still might burn you as a witch if you did something like that."Â?

Well that wasn't quite true. Just shun you and question you and view you and your whole family as totally suspicious. That was actually one of the things Drew liked about Nachton, he wasn't treated as a total outcast. Granted Kem and company were undoubtedly keeping an eye on him and didn't fully trust him but it was still better than the worst days back home.

Drew's mouth went a little dry as she stood on tip toe and started leaning on him and messing with his hair. Down boy. Easy boy. Lord were they close to the full moon or was he just letting hormones run rampant?

He swallowed and was just on the verge of kissing her when she stepped away.

"I'm just to stodgy and stoic to pull it off. Besides, my boss would probably have something to say about it."Â?

Not to mention his Alpha, Nikhila, Reign and probably a few other people. But there was no way he could explain those three to her. It was... complicated.

He tossed his ball without even looking and only hit the ten slot, but it didn't matter.

"Yeah? I was thinking about cutting it..."Â?

Oh that was smooth. Very smooth.
"Well I -do- float...but I swear I am not made of wood."

Tavi really hoped he knew what she was referencing but if not, well then that could be...what were they up to now? Ah date four.

She nodded at him about the hair colour changes. The boss having issues with it was an understandable problem. She had to play it straight and narrow for a little while in the police academy. However because she looked so young they quickly put her in the juvenile crimes division so that let her dress more like herself.

"You don't seem stodgy to me but if you say so."

Tavi looked at him thoughtfully when he suggested cutting his hair. Then she shook her head.

"I think it looks better the way you have it but its your call."

She gave him a coy smile and a shrug before turning away to pick up another ball.

"Besides if you cut it then there's less of it there for some girl to play with. Just sayin."

With that put out there, Tavi smiled and turned back to her ramp. She rolled the ball with a nice smooth swing and it rolled right up and landed in the one hundred spot again.

Raising her eyebrows, She smiled and shrugged. Not bad over all but not very consistent either.

((OOC: I counted the posts, and if I count correctly, Tavi is on ball 7 here. At this point why not throw them all? Then the hitting can start! ))