Making an entrance

Aron strode into the lobby of the tower, a long black cape flowing around him. It had a blood red lining, not that Aron cared much for wearing colors anymore, but he was fully aware of the dramatic effect it could have on others. A tailormade suit, complete with silverbuttons with his monogram and a silk tie (he hoped James had made sure the color fitted with either his eyes or the cape) added to the feeling of extravagance. His ebony walking stick was polished brightly and the silver knot would have reflected the artificial lights had it not been covered by his gloved hand. With an air of self confidence he walked up to the receptionist.

"You may tell whoever happens to be in charge that Aron Swiftwood is waiting in the lobby and requires immediate attention" his gaze caught the receptionists eyes and he made sure the suggestion was taken as kindly as humanly possible ((Yes, he uses suggestion on the receptionist))

"And thus the hook is in the water, let us see who takes the bait"

Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn had been doing some research an ancient Mayan site when M.A.R.I's head invaded his screen.

"Mari, don't -do- that." He said rubbing a hand over his face and trying to get over the shock of the interruption.

"I do apologize, Alfarinn, but there is a matter of some importance in the lobby." M.A.R.I's voice was calm and her expression serene as always.

"Oh?" He straightened up in his chair and was immediately more interested. "What is it?"

M.A.R.I's face was replaced by a view of the lobby. There he could see a well dressed gentleman with cape and cane waiting patiently in front of the receptionist's desk.

"So who is he? Or did you expect me to just guess." Alfarinn assumed that the man was a vampire or there likely would have been no need to disturb him with the information.

"Aron Swiftwood." Came the prompt reply, with no hint of amusement at his statement. "It would have been more interesting if you had tried to guess." M.A.R.I understood humor better than any AI he'd ever seen. She also knew her pretending to misunderstand him was its own brand of sarcasm.

"And..." He sighed, mentally thinking he needed to go talk to the programmers about M.A.R.I's people skills. Though she seemed to only do this to him, probably one of the designer's personal little jokes or some revenge for one to many of Alfarinn's smart comments.

"He's a entrepreneur from England...and a member of Evenhet. Currently visiting Nachton."

Alfarinn stood to go but continued speaking knowing M.A.R.I to be able to hear him anywhere in the building. "That much was obvious."

He took the glass sided elevator down to the lobby and walked at an easy pace to the counter. Dressed in a black form fitting versace shirt and designer slacks, blonde hair loose down to his waist, He doubted the teenager ready for a night on the town was exactly what the man had been expecting.

"Greetings, Mr. Swiftwood. Welcome to the Nachton branch of Evenhet."

((OOC: MARI in blue... I do apologize to those viewing on a white background, it might be hard to see...but it looks good on the black. ))
Aron Swiftwood 18 years ago
Aron raised an eyebrow and studied the young vampire. Not quite what he had expected, but he would have been a poor vampire could he not handle a few surprises and this was by no means to most spectacular vampire he had met, at least not so far. Well, at least he had someones attention and that was not such a bad start.

"Always wanting to be the man in the middle dear..."
A whisper left his lips "Always have been love"

He turned his attention to Alfarinn and his lips curved in a fairly charming smile. "Thank you, Mr?"
Alfarinn 18 years ago
"Arin Björn" He smiled faintly and explained. " Aid to Megan Björn, the elder in charge here."

He continued serenely. " Have you come to stay in Nachton a while? We can get you accommodations if that is the case. Or is there something else we can help you with?"

Alfarinn stood still with his hands clasped behind his back and waited for the answers, they would then know where to go from there and perhaps a little more about this new arrival.

((OOC: He's not really meant to be impressive, I only meant that he's not dressed very business like for such a large company. He is 1.98meters by the way, that might be about the only thing immediately impressive about his appearance. ))
"I have every intention of becomming a permanent player in this town, so I have already arranged for a humble place to stay" He could hear May laugh through his mind as he called the mansion humble. He could almost see her blue eyes shining with laughter. No, now was not the time for reminiscence.

"I merely came here to pay my respects to the local elders and officially declare my entry into town. After all what good is a guild if one is not an active member?"
Alfarinn 18 years ago
"Ah well then. I will inform Megan and have you put on the clan register as residing in the city." Alfarinn tilted his head up slightly. "Mari?"

"Aron Swiftwood has been added to the register."

"Thank you, Mari." He smiled at the disembodied voice of the computer.

"You are most welcome, Arin."

Alfarinn turned his attention back to Aron and smiled. "It is good to have you in Nachton. If there is anything you need, don't hesitate to ask." He thought for a moment and then added. " I am sure Megan would love to meet you, however she is away on business at the moment. Perhaps another time?"
"Away on buisness? Ohh how unfortunate" the green in Aron's eyes seemed to dim. It was very unfortunate indeed, he had hoped to meet the elder herself. It would have helped him decide the nature of his future relationship with the local part of the clan. Pro forma, or intimate it all depended on the leadership he would find here. His earlier encounters with evenhet elders had ranged from disgusting to divine, his gut told him this would be neither.

"The question is love, is she actually out on buisness or merely not taking you serious?"
He hated not being taken serious, but it was a mistake few made twice. He drew a business card from the deep reaches of one of his pockets and handed it to Arin.

"Please tell Lady Björn that I would very much like to speak with her when she has time"
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn accepted the business card with a slight bow and nodded. "I will do that. I am sure she would like to set up a meeting at the earliest possible convenience for you both. "

He really wasn't certain to make of Aron. Time would tell, his empathy didn't tell him a whole lot save a slight disappointment and dissatisfaction at the answer he received. It could not be helped though. Megan had been dealing with some personal matter that she had not even spoken to him about. Alfarinn knew better than to pry into the situation, he probably didn't want to know.

((OOC: Using what you've stated in your post for his ability, let me know if this is out of place. ))
Aron could feel confusion in the young man, which he took as a good sign. Until he knew where he stood, he would certainly prefer to keep everyone else confused. First impressions were very important after all. A smile formed on his lips.
"Perfect, I'm glad to hear it" He took a quick look at the rolex on his arm.
"I did not mean to steal your valueble time..."
"Liar"
"and being new in town I'm afraid I have little to spare myself. You know how it is"

((OOC: No problem at all, Aron would probably be easier to read for an empath than most, though you might accidentally mistake his and May's (voice in his head) feelings
Alfarinn 18 years ago
"Meeting a member of Evenhet is never a waste of time. " Alfarinn smiled "Though I do understand that you are a busy man. I am glad to see you've come to Nachton. I shall distract you no further." Alfarinn bowed slightly and headed back towards the elevator. He'd have to remember to inform Megan of Aron's arrival.

((OOC: Alfarinn out. Sorry that took so long. O_o. Yes, you are probably an empath's worst nightmare with more than one voice in your head. ))
As Aron drove away from the tower, he wondered if that computer system could be hacked, or rather if he could do it. He found the intellectual challenge of hacking quite satisfying and he enjoyed the challenge. Might not be a good idea to do before he knew more of Megan, but the whole thing was very tempting.
"Play with fire and you may get burned" May whispered. He sighed, knowing she was complete and utterly right.
Still he was quite satisfied with himself, he liked being mysterious and it seemed he had been fairly succesfull. Now he could start doing some buisness in this odd town.

((OOC: no problem. The voices wouldn't be such a nightmare I think, it's not like a subterfuge light or anything, but it might mean reading two emotions from one person rather than one...or something....ohh..and out!