Attempted Robbery, good times

Continued from - A morning walk

Brig sat in the front seat of one of the Piper's SUV's and glared through the front windshield.

'So let me get this straight,' he asked as he turned to look at his nephew, LT, who was driving. 'Vivienne called into the Den...from jail?'

His nephew merely looked at him with a slight grimace.

Brig propped his elbow up on the window's edge and balanced his chin in his palm. He was functioning on maybe four hours sleep since he had taken up climbing into Vivienne's window. Grouchy and tired, Brig scowled as he recalled having to break up morning exercises when one of the pack members came running out with a message.

'I don't get it, is she under arrest?'

'I don't know, sir,' LT replied quietly.

Turning back to look out the passenger side window, he sighed angrily at whatever trouble Vivienne had managed to get herself into. Lovers or not - picking her up from jail was not an ideal thing.

Lothias LT Jameson 13 years ago
LT pulled into the downtown precinct across from the courthouse and walked with his uncle down the street and up the steps into the building. His uncle had continued to grumble unhappily as they walked through the busy precinct, trying to find the front desk, which was inconveniently not up front. After stopping a uniformed police officer, they were directed down the hall past the front bullpen to what was called 'Major Crimes'.

Oh that can't be good, LT thought as his uncle became even angrier.
Captain James Hughes 13 years ago
Captain Hughes put down his office phone and smiled up at Miss Vivienne Sena as she sat perched on the edge of his desk.

'Your ride is here. Brian and Lothias Jameson?'

'Oh this should be good,' she replied with a snort but stayed on his desk.

Miss Sena had been brought in by a patrol unit near the back alley ways off of Downtown Nachton. They were called to a diner reporting a woman with a man and a gun. What the patrol unit found when they got there was Miss Sena sitting at the counter drinking a cup of tea and the thief in a booth behind her with a broken finger and a swollen face. Miss Sena asked to press charges and slid an unloaded .22 down the counter toward the unit with its bullets enclosed in a paper cup. The unit, unsure of what happened, brought them both in for questioning. Miss Sena was happy to join them.

'Do you still want to press charges?' Captain Hughes asked, tapping his finger on the arrest form from the patrol unit.

Miss Sena took a breath and furrowed her eyebrows together. 'I don't know.'

'He wants to press charges against you for breaking his finger, you know.'

'I guess he didn't really understand what 'diplomatic immunity' meant, then.' Her voice was grave and not at all surprised.

Captain Hughes grinned and signed off on the arrest form, dismissing the thief's complaint, tucking it into a folder and leaving it for the patrol unit. Looking up, he watched two large men walk into 'Major Crimes' with a plain clothes detective and knocked on his door. He watched as Miss Sena made no move to get off his table and instead shot the two men a huge smile.

Standing, Hughes straightened his blue tie and smoothed the wrinkles on his matching suit as the two men entered. The taller and older of the two men glared at Miss Sena who simply looked back and shrugged. Stepping around his desk, he held his hand out and it was the younger of the two who shook it first.

'I'm Captain Hughes.' It was younger of the two men who introduced themselves first.

'I'm Lothias Jameson. This is my uncle, Brian Jameson. Is Miss Sena under arrest?' asked Lothias.

'No, no. Miss Sena was the victim of attempted robbery, but the perpetrator is in custody.' Looking up at the uncle, Hughes could see that the older Jameson wasn't in the mood for small talk and he cut the conversation short. 'She's all yours, gentlemen.'
Brig Jameson 13 years ago
Brig just glared at Vivienne who didn't seem to see the seriousness of the situation. Acknowledging the Captain finally, he reached out to shake his hand as he asked, 'But what happened? Someone mugged her?'

Vivienne snorted in disbelief.

Captain Hughes picked up her passport, 'Someone tried to mug her, but she performed a citizen's arrest, so to speak, and had a local diner call the police for her. She broke his finger though - the thief is very put out by it.'

Smiling, Hughes held the passport out to Vivienne but Brig intercepted it, much to her displeasure.

'Well thank you, Captain. Appreciate the call.'

Nodding, the Captain walked to the door and held it open for them. Both he and LT stood back to let Vivienne out first. She took her time sliding off the desk, but stopped in front of the Captain for a final word. Brig sighed, trying to reign in his annoyance.
Vivienne Sena 13 years ago
Vivienne rolled her eyes at Brig's assumption that she was actually, truly mugged.

'Please,' she muttered under her breath.

The Captain was kind enough to sign off on everything without alerting any embassy officials since she wasn't entirely sure of her diplomatic status. Viv clearly was not a diplomat.

As the Captain held out her passport, she was annoyed enough to spit when Brig took her passport and tucked it into the back pocket of his pressed cargo pants. She did, however, enjoy his short sleeve shirt that exposed much of his ridiculously muscled arms. LT was wearing a similar outfit looking very much like his twin, if not his son.

Sliding off the desk, Viv walked up to the Captain and touched the knot of his tie.

'Thank you kindly, Captain Hughes. It was a pleasure.' Giving him a flirty smile, she nodded and exited his office with Brig and LT coming up on either side of her.

'So can I have my passport back now?' she asked as they made their way through the confusing maze of the precinct.

'No,' Brig said without looking at her.

'Blergh,' she mumbled as they exited.
Lothias LT Jameson 13 years ago
LT opened the door for Vivienne as his uncle angrily got into the front passenger seat. Viv gave him a sweet smile to which he returned with a polite nod since he knew his uncle was watching. As he circled the back of the SUV, to avoid his uncle's stare, LT sighed thinking the drive back was going to be a painful one.

Sliding into the driver's seat, LT could feel the tension in the SUV, but he held his breath as he pulled back out into traffic and headed back toward the pack's property. The traffic snarled to a stop as it hit the end of the lunch hour and everyone was trying their damnedest to get back to work. As the SUV slowly crawled to its destination, LT opened the window and hung his arm out, avoiding what he knew was coming.

'I don't know why you're even angry,' Vivienne said, crossing her arms.

Without looking at her, his uncle snapped, 'Did you need to call the police?'

'Yes, I did. It was my civic duty.'

Again, his uncle's tone was far from friendly, 'And they needed to call us to pick you up?'

'Well that was Captain Hughes fault,' Vivienne squealed back.

'No, it was your fault.'

'How is it my fault? I got mugged!'

'You said you didn't.'

'Well I was almost mugged.'

'Vivienne, you wasted our time.'

'Brian,' Vivienne said with equal annoyance, pushing LT to further hang out the window, away from them. 'You didn't need to come along. You could have sent anyone.'

'I didn't want to send anyone at all.'

LT winced as they sat in traffic, pinching the bridge of his nose as they came to a stop in a sea of cars.

'I'm getting out here.'

LT turned and looked over his shoulder as Vivienne unlocked her door and got out.

'Where are you going now? We came all the way down here...' His uncle yelled over his shoulder as she slammed the back door in his face.

LT looked at his uncle and then back out his window. 1....2....3... His uncle cursed and unlocked his own door, slamming it as he took off after Vivienne.

'Oh thank god,' LT said, slumping in his seat and promptly locked the SUV doors.
Vivienne heard the door slam behind her. Picking up her pace, she caught Brig's reflection in one of the sidewalk shop windows and she silently cursed him for having long legs.

'What is it with you?' she heard him say just over her right shoulder.

'Me?' Viv yelled, causing some of the other patrons on the sidewalk to turn and look. 'I'm not the problem here. Why are you even bothering to follow?'

Brig sighed loudly as she hurried to the corner of the street. The traffic was still deadlocked and LT was stopped about fifty yards from the precinct. They both turned back and looked at the SUV as they turned the corner. Picking up her pace, she trotted down the sidewalk with Brig still beside her, but they both kept silent until they made it to the next block. Pointing to the right, they crossed the street and put more distance between them and LT when finally Brig pulled on her arm and stopped her.
Brig pulled out his cell phone and called LT as he faced Vivienne.

'Hey, did she double back to you?' Vivienne's brown eyes darted around, watching the street and occasionally looking back to him. 'No, I don't see her.'

Vivienne flicked her eyes back to him and raised an eyebrow.

'You know what, forget it. Just head back and finish up today. I'll look for her.' Holding up a finger, he nodded. 'Yeah don't worry about it. I'll see you all back at the Den later.'

Hanging up his phone, he tucked it back into his pocket and stared down at Vivienne. With an equally blank expression, Vivienne looked back at him...and then jumped up into his arms.

'Whoa,' he said catching her as she wrapped her legs around his hips and kissed him in the middle of the sidewalk. Other people on the sidewalk murmured and stared as they kissed, but he ignored the looks and kissed her back.

Pulling back, he held her bottom and smiled.
'Hi.'

Vivienne laughed, 'Hiya back. We're so sneaky!'

Letting her slide down to the sidewalk, he pulled her over to one of the shops and held her hand. 'Are you ok? What happened? I was worried.'
Vivienne waved dismissively. 'Of course I'm ok. It was just a .22.'

'Oh that's it?' Brig laughed.

'Yeah, I know, right?'

'I would have been insulted,' he said with a snort.

'I know!' Viv held her hands up and exclaimed. Shrugging, she took both Brig's hands in hers, entwining their fingers, and stood close to him, craning her neck back. 'So what do you want to do today?'

The plan had been simple enough, although almost getting mugged had not been part of it. Vivienne was going to find a way to get Brig to come get her from somewhere in town, thus giving him a reason to spend the day with her while keeping the Pipers at the Den to avoid running into someone they knew. Don't misunderstand...Viv loved their nights together, but not even being able to share a meaningful look or even touch Brig during the day was heart breaking, as well as annoying as hell.

'Tell me first what happened,' he said with a genuine look of concern on his face.

'Oh,' she shrugged, 'I was checking out the Liefde towers and this guy tried to mug me in an alley. He wanted my watch.' She pulled her sleeve back and looked at her two tone Seiko watch. 'I love this watch. It's kinetic.' Viv happily showed Brig to which he merely smiled, touching the face with his finger.

'So, I broke his finger. I might have threatened to kill him,' Viv shrugged like it was nothing, 'but I just took him to the next building over to this diner who had excellent apple pie...we should go, and they called the cops. It got escalated to Captain Hughes department because of the diplomatic status.'

'How did you manage that?'

'Oh, Vigo.'

Brig leaned against the building and mouthed an 'oh ok' and smiled at her. His hair was recently cut, but she noticed the top was only trimmed and still a little longer than normal. Part of it dusted down onto his forehead and was absolutely sexy. Viv marveled at his clean shaven skin and soft wrinkles at the corners of his eyes; Brig did not look his age at all. She considered Brig and LT side by side - definitely could be father and son, they looked so much alike. Viv rather liked the older version more than the younger. Still, she was almost a little sad she hadn't met Brig until after so many years of being so close, yet so far away, from the families. How do you miss someone like this?

Viv played with his hands as he gave her a look that made her blush. 'It worked out, though.' She grinned up at Brig who sighed deeply and kissed her fingers. 'So where are we going? What do you want to do?'
'We could...' Brig rolled his eyes up in deep thought, eliciting a happy laugh from Vivienne. He really didn't care what they did. Her suggestion to sneak out and spend time together during the day had been whole heartily accepted by him. It amazed him how much it meant to him to be standing outside in public with her, kissing her if he wanted to, holding her hand, or just being able to smile at her without having to hide it. His voice faded into silence as he lost his train of thought and just looked at her. They had admitted deep feelings for each other the other night, but nothing had been said about it since. There hadn't been much choice since the full moon revealed itself and for 72 hours the pack had been lost in the madness.

He had kept the Pipers on the property, hunting in its vast acres and keeping them as far away as possible from Vivienne who chose to run free at the park reserve. They had met once, briefly, during the full moon phase, but the park had been full of other wolves and keeping their distance with so many around was the smart thing to do. So now, as they stood on the sidewalk in downtown Nachton, he lost himself in her brown eyes and was just happy to be near her.

'Uh...,' he said trying to finish his sentence. Leaning in close, he pressed his forehead against Viv's and inhaled deeply, losing himself in her scent. 'What about...the museum?'

Shrugging, he turned and pointed down the Strip. You could just barely see the ARCH Museum of Art's glass and granite beast of a building.

'Sure we can do that,' Viv squinted down the road and then perked up. 'What about that aquarium, down by the waterfront?'

Brig gulped and stammered, 'Well, we can't really go down there.' Releasing one of Viv's hands, he reached up and rubbed the back of his neck. 'Kai Brown runs that place.'

Viv shook her head, unknowingly.

'She's part of the pack. And we dated,' Brig said with an uncomfortable grimace.

'Oh,' was the only thing Viv replied.

'...until recently.' Brig licked his lips and waited. He was being honest. Honest was good...right?
And then the shoe dropped, Viv thought miserably to herself. So, this wasn't a big deal. Sure Brig dated, Viv was sure he dated a lot before her. Then something occurred to her.

'She's the girl you had lunch with the day I talked to Charlie.' Viv pointed at him and Brig nodded, watching her face intently. She hooked her index finger and began using it to pick at its neighboring thumb. 'So recently means after that day?'

'We decided to call it off that day. That lunch date in fact.'

'Right,' Viv replied and then pulled her hands away to look at her watch. She left Brig's hands hovering near her and instead shoved them into her pockets. Shrugging, Viv gave him her best smile and cleared her throat. 'That's that, then.'

Brig lifted his hands and spread out his fingers, giving her a 'what now' look. Viv considered what would be next and shrugged again.

'That's...I mean...you know,' Viv started awkwardly and looked away toward the street. 'It would be awkward running into someone you're dating...'

'Dated. Past tense,' he cut in

'...and, you know,' Viv took a step by him and began walking down the street. She paused, waiting for him to turn and follow, which he did looking uncomfortable, and she continued trying to actually form a sentence. 'It's not a big deal, Brig. Even if you were still seeing her.'

'Which I'm not.'

'Which you are not,' she corrected, but kept her eyes forward as they walked, 'but it would be fine anyway.'

'How would that be fine?'

Viv could see him still looking down at her as they casually strode down the sidewalk. She was trying to maintain a casual gait, but was pretty sure she was slowly edging away from him.

'We're...you know.' Viv casually laughed and dug her hands deeper into her pockets. 'We have to keep us, rather you and I, on the down low, so to speak, and...'

As they walked, Viv began looking into the shops, trying to find something in particular. There were barber shops, candy stores, various small businesses catering to cell phone services, bakeries, until finally they happened onto a short stretch of eateries and she pointed to the open door of one.

'I have to, you know. I'll be right back.'

Viv walked past Brig, leaving him on the sidewalk watching her as she entered the small café. Pointing to the back, she mumbled 'bathroom' and the waitress waved her to the back. To her left was a bathroom; to the right was the kitchen. Viv took one look at the bathroom door and then turned right through the kitchen.

'Excuse me,' she said passing another waiter and quickly walked through the kitchen toward the back exit. 'Sorry, excuse me,' she said pushing on the door, swinging it open from the left to the right and stepped out into the alley, right into Brig.
Brig watched as Vivienne slowly, but surely, began to silently freak out. She began rambling on about his dating Kai and was becoming more and more distant until Viv finally ducked into a café, leaving him out front. With a sigh, he walked past the café and turned into the alley, running around to the back of eatery and got to the door just as it opened. Viv took one step out and walked right into him.

'What are you doing?' he asked loudly, his shoulders slumped. 'You're ditching me? Are you kidding?'

Taking Vivienne by the arm, he closed the door and pushed her gently up against it. He leaned into her, his arm above her head and with his other he cupped her cheek and kissed her, much to her surprise. It was deep, passionate, and hard. After a few moments, he forced himself to pull away and took a deep breath. Then with both hands, he grabbed hers and put them against his chest, letting her feel the hammering of his heart just from kissing her.

'There, do you feel that?' He bent his knees and looked her in the eye. 'That's how you make me feel. I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack just from kissing you. You, Viv. Yes, I dated Kai. Yes I dated her until recently. But no, I am not dating her and I ended it when I realized I was falling in love with you.'

Straightening his legs again, he looked down at her as Viv looked straight ahead. He felt her fingers press against his chest and pick at the buttons of his collar. Her scent floated up to him, embracing him with its soft, flowery notes and could just barely smell the tinge of fear that was mixed into her sweat. Brig wasn't sure if Viv had told him she loved him on an accident or if she really meant it and she probably wondered if he had said it back just because she said it first, but he wanted to make it clear how he felt about her.

'I love you, Viv.' She finally looked up at him, her brown eyes heavy with tears. 'Just you. Always just you.'
Caught. Damnit.

Viv opened her mouth to tell the first of many excuses when he pushed her gently against the door and kissed her, full on the mouth. It was one of those kisses that took great thought and planning to look like it didn't take great thought and planning. She was helpless as he touched her face and closed in on her with that mouth and that glorious tongue. The kiss touched her so deeply she felt her toes curl, and when he sucked her bottom lip and licked it, she felt the tightly wound spring of suspicion and regret uncoil, turning her to mush. Breaking the kiss, Brig took her hands and placed them over his heart. At that point Viv knew there was no point in arguing.

Brig said he loved her. Again. Only this time he said it first. The tears welled up in her eyes, threatening to fall, when she looked up into his crisp blue ones, god help her, she believed him. Viv struggled with what was in her heart and what she was trying to articulate, but the only audible sound she made was something akin to, if not directly related, a grunt and a long sigh.

'Well said, Viv,' Brig said with a chuckle.

Despite the dread she was feeling, she smiled at Brig's unrelenting sense of humor. She would have read her own hesitation as a sign of unreciprocated love, but Brig knew better, apparently better than she did.

'I...you...,' with a resigned sigh, Viv acquiesced. 'I've never felt for anyone,' she looked away with a huff, '... the way I feel about you.'

'Wow, with such passion, too.'

Viv looked back at him and glared, but couldn't help but smile. 'You're enjoying this, aren't you?'

'Yes. Yes, I am,' he said and then kissed her again, surprising her. Breaking their kiss with a huge smile, he helped her. 'I know you love me, even if you can't say it.'

'I do love you, Brian.' There, she said it. 'It just...scares the hell out of me how much I love you.'

And it did scare her, more than anything, even more than Hammer. It overwhelmed her how much she needed Brig. It was also so fucking ironic. Here he was, the Commander of the Pipers, the men who destroyed her family, the nephew of the man she called father, who led the raid; a kadzait werewolf, of all people. This is who fate wanted her to be with? This is what she suffered through all her life for? Did fate bring her to this point, right now, for him?

'You're over thinking this, aren't you?' he said chuckling.

'Wow, yeah. I really am,' she replied clearing her throat and snorting.
'It's not just pheromones, Viv.' He looked up and thought about it. 'I mean, it helped get passed the annoying parts of you.'

'Oh come on,' she said, punching him.

Shrugging he considered their situation. 'I just think that was nature's way in bringing two unlikely people together.'

And they were an unlikely couple. On the surface, they did annoy each other, granted a good portion of it was show to thwart any type of attention, but it made what they had that more special; more unique. Brig cupped her cheek and stroked her skin with his thumb. What he felt for her made any other woman pale in comparison. He knew, deep down, he'd love her no matter what, for however long she would let him.

'Come on,' he said dropping his hand and entwining it with hers. 'Let's blow this popsicle joint before my nephew takes it in his head to try and actually find us.'

Pulling her off the wall, they walked back down the alley, toward the street, and disappeared into the crowd of people.

((OOC Viv and Brig out))

Continues in CO -1, Fixer -0 PRISON RULES