NaNoWriMo 2010!

So, last year I participated in National Novel Writing Month and successfully completed the goal of writing a 50,000 word (or more) novel in the month of November. This year I'm trying to encourage folks to do it with me because it was TONS of fun!

The point is to emphasize quantity over quality, and to be productive without getting bogged down in details or second-guessing yourself. If you're an aspiring novelist, maybe you do this too. I know I do it constantly so i never finish anything because I'm always revising. Anyhow, NaNoWriMo kicks off on November 1 at 12am, and from there you have 30 days of noveling madness to "win" for the year.

If you're interested, check out the official website at www.nanowrimo.org and sign up. We have some super-talented writers around here and it'd be fun to see what they come up with. This year I intend to take two of my favorite characters and write their story into a somewhat different era, world, and setting. With a few minor and VERY major changes. Just because I can.

Come play!

Diane 13 years ago
oooh I'll play. I started writing and then quit for the reason you said above! Thanks Aishe!
Aishe 13 years ago
Woohoo. If you want to add me as a writing buddy, if you register on the page, my user name is Nyalla.
Brig Jameson 13 years ago
So I signed up for this. It doesn't start until Nov 1, right?
Aishe 13 years ago
Yup, no writing until Nov 1, 12:00 am... though if you want you can do research, outlines, etc etc.

If you want to add me as your writing buddy on nanowrimo.org, any of you, my user name is Nyalla and I'll be happy to have more pals.
I already did, yo! I think I'm going to write about Kyle after ellis/simon have their end story. I will be thinking on it till Nov 1!
Shay 13 years ago
>< I signed up...hoping this will get me motivated to start writing again. Seems so odd to think they're more concerned with quantity over quality, but that might lessen the stress of writing a bit...
Under what name, Den? I'll buddy you up, yo!
Shay 13 years ago
Daphinue - thanks!
Diane 13 years ago
Yay, I signed up finally. So if you get a buddy add from Themighty thats me!
Vivienne Sena 13 years ago
Gotcha! Sent it as Rozbeans. =)
Aishe 13 years ago
I have everyone buddied up as well. I'm planning on taking the story from some of my characters and setting it in a different time and place, sort of a "steampunk meets da vinci" world. So will be kind of a sci-fi fantasy deal.

I can't wait to read what everyone's got!

And yeah, it IS really wierd to do quantity over quality but that's the point. When you have writer's block there are a TON of things I learned about how to get past that and just keep being productive. It's great!
Amberelle DeEspionne 13 years ago
I signed up too.. Crymsyn. I need to get back to writing and with everything going on in my life right now I think I'll need a good outlet in a couple months. Trying to decide if I work on my D'Espionne clan or someone else.. but it'll probably be one of them, just have too much developed and ready to draw from there =)
Cool, we're all doing it!
Pakpao 13 years ago
Well since my big machine has just eatten a virus and i can't seem to fix it... I finally got around to signing up... CheshirePhrogg if anyone happens to getting to looking for me
Gotcha Mike!
Mai 13 years ago
Good luck to everyone doing it this year. I've done it in the past. Its manic but entertaining. I personally think I will work on art...or try to in the month of November.

Perhaps I will harass you all with posts and then demands for replies while you're busy trying to meet word goals. Muaaahaaahaaa!!!
I signed up but man.. I haven't written in so long.. it's kind of paralyzing. I can't even bring myself to make a post here =x

Any suggestions for getting the creativity going?
Aishe 13 years ago
Put words in a hat. Half adjectives, half nouns. Pull a couple out randomly until you have a couple of each. Write a short story or even a couple paragraphs focusing on those words.

It's fun.
hmmmmm... some sort of a game or structured writing. that sounds fun, and i think i have an idea brewing now too! thanks!!
Aishe 13 years ago
I ended up writing three pages about a delinquent, xenophobic platypus.

It was enlightening.