Strange behavior

It was early evening and Delilah had finished up her shopping for a new pair of ankle boots only minutes before. Now as she drove home she thought about what a strange turn of events her life had taken since basically beng murdered.

If it hadn't been for Diane and her amazing head smashing skills, Delilah would have never been trapped behind the walls of vampire fucking central. She had been under watch from a man whom she thought she wanted until it very nearly drove her crazy. After finally convincing him to let her out, they had went on a walk and ran into the man she now was rushing home to. Ok so maybe she was giving Diane too much credit for her part in all this. After all she had been chasing after Panos well before the woman intruded into her home. And if it hadn't been for Panos in teh first place Diane would have never came around. So mostly her life had went topsie turvey swung around and righted itself becuase of Panos. It was with guilty thoughts she worried about him now. He had spent so much time protecting her and how had she repaid him? By shouting at him and ignoring him for weeks on end.

It had to be this way. Luka had reassured her. Panos, whom she was no longer calling Pauly, wouldn't approve of her involvment with Luka over him. What he didn't understand was, being with Luka felt more normal than anything had in years. He was always around, but never overbearingly so. Luka was a warm blanket on a cool day, snuggled around her like perfection.

As she pulled into the driveway and got out of her car, Delilah could see the glow of the TV through the front windows. Her mom must be watching her shows in the front room this evening instead of her bedroom. Delilah smiled, it was good for her mom not to hide out in her room surrounded by memories of the past.

"Mom?" Delilah called out as she dropped her bags in the front arch way.

Tossing her keys on to the small letter table, Delilah stopped in her tracks and stared into the livingroom.

Luka 13 years ago
"That never happens! No way." Luka said leaning forward on the couch cushion.

"No. No. That's just wrong. Vampires don't sound like dogs when they drink blood. Pardon my french Millicent but that's straight bullshit."

The images of the fictional characters of True Blood flashed upon the screen and Luka relaxed back into his seat.

"I do like this show but I think they are a little out of touch with reality." he sighed.

"Would you like a coffee? I'll make it decaffenated for you but the taste will be so good you wont know the difference."

Standing and stretching, Luka looked down at Delilah's mother. He could see the resemblance in the older womans face. She was a real smash to be around. At first she was offstandish and even a little skittish but if Luka knew anything it was how to behave with people who are afriad. Hell he had been there once himself. Now the tiny woman was a real gab and she loved TV almost as much as she did. Sometimes while Delilah slept, he would come out and watch whatever outlandish show Millicent had on.

"Don't forget my sugar Luka, last time you shorted me."

He laughed and turned shaking his head.

"Last time?"

Delilah's voice cut through the darkness and he flew to her side.

Luka wrapped his arms around Delilahs shoulders in a hug that lifted her off the ground.

"Your home and you smell amazing. Millicent said you went shopping so we were watching the latest episode of this ridiculous show called True Blood. have you seen it? The vampires are noiser than all get out. Here follow me."
He tugged her hand towards the kitchen.
Delilah 13 years ago
It was still hard to get used to Luka moving faster than she could blink. One moment he was on the other side of the room and the next he was tossing her around like a doll. She had to remind him sometimes to slow down.

Still stunned from seeing the image of her mother on the couch next to Luka watching tv and talking of things, she let Luka pull her into the kitchen.

"You're making my mother coffee? You know how she likes it?"

Delilah was using all the will power she could muster not to let her mouth hang open like a fly trap.

Her mother barely spoke to her and even when she did it was random nonsense. She hadn't been the same since daddy had died but now, now she almost looked alive.

"What did you do to her?" she hadn't meant to say it that way and sound so offensive but it rolled out of her mouth before she could stop it.

Luka's frown told her she may have hurt his feelings with her lack of censorship.

"Wait I don't mean it like that, I just mean, what the hell she barely knows what day it is half the time."

Delilah turned and cocked her head so she could see into the livingroom where her mother sat with the TV on pause. She felt Luka's arm drop gently on her shoulder as he stepped up next to her. Looking up into his dark smiling eyes she couldn't help but break into a smile of her own. This was the man she dreamed of every day and then was lucky enough to find in her home at night, and now he was charming up her mother. It seemed too perfect.
Luka 13 years ago
It didn't surprize him that Delilah was questioning his involvement with her mother. The woman had long ago receeded into herself as a way of protection from the outside world. He understood that type of breakdown. Survival at it's finest, only in Millicent's doing so, she had locked out the one person in the world who needed her. Luka also understood that. That said, it hadn't been to hard to pilfer through the older womans dreamscape and insert himself in a place of warmth and comfort. Slowly she had been coming out of her shell and he was just recently beginning to see the woman Millicent used to be.

What did surprize him was that it actualy felt like a blow to his stomache when she asked what did he do to her. Delilah had quickly appologized for sounding coarse but he was still taken back on how it effected him. Shaking it off as best as he could he grabebd Millicent's mug and stepped up next to Delilah, resting his arm gently on her shoulder. It had to be all in his head but he could swear he felt the sun's glow off of her. It's why he had seen to it that Delilah hadn't completely changed her sleep/wake cycle. He wanted her to still get outside and enjoy what he could not. Bringing it all back to him later when he awoke.

"Ah, it's nothing. I just sit and watch TV with her while you sleep. Sometimes I talk to her. Only recently she answers and now she orders me around like an old friend." He grinned.

"Let me take this to her, then you can sit and visit with her yourself. I have to head back to my apartment tonight. There are some things I must take care of."

Delilah opened her mouth to protest and he spoke again before she could get out a word.

"It's nothing big. I just haven't been back to my place in a while and I'm sure there's tons of mail with my name on it bunched in some box out front." he teased.

"Plus I have some bussiness calls to make back home to my establishments. See how everything is faring during my leave. You'll are safe here without me. Besides I'm sure you have much to say to your mother. "
Delilah 13 years ago
His nothing seemed unlikely. She had sat with her mother and watched TV numerous times for years and never once did she act as she was now. Still maybe it was something about Luka that put her mother at ease. Whatever it was it was working magic.

As Luka informed her of his plans for the evening she wanted to argue but didn't get a chance to put in a complaint. She had hopes of seeing him this evening but maybe it wasn't such a bad thing. They had been virtually inseperable since the night they had met up at the House of Pain. Something she surely never saw coming. What she had thought was going to be a one night vamp stand turned into an every day affair that felt all in place and perfect. Sometimes she had doubts that things between the two of them were happening a little too perfectly but they were quickly dismissed after a good nights sleep.

Luka's invitation to visit with her mom instead of mourning the absence of him was intriguing. What would she say to her mom after all these years of taking care of her? Eagerness to rush over to the couch welled up inside of her and as she cast a glance back into the direction fo the livingroom Delilah felt Luka's hand slide off her shoulder and down to her back encouragingly.

"I guess I could do that. Although I wouldn't know what to say to her. It's been so long since she talked about anything other than her knitting."
Luka 13 years ago
It was almost like watching a clock work. As Delilah glanced into the livingroom again he had an idea. Pushing the mug in front of Delilah, he offered it to her.

"Here why don't you take it to her?"

As she reached out for the mug and recieved it, he slowly rubbed her back.

"I won't be gone long."

This had to be what it felt like to have a family. A real one, not a pseudo made up one of 3 vampires after years of torture. This was true priceless bonding and he felt welcomed by it. Magda and Toma had brought him in to their circle as a surreogate son. Magda's poor destroyed brother, reborn again into a new life with them. Fuck that. That wasn't a family and he wasn't their child. This is what he wanted. Plaster walls in suburbia, family members to watch TV with, loved ones to do things for. It was just as he always pictured it in Romania.

"Too bad you've stolen all of this from their minds. You creep into their dreams and nightmares and find out what they desire the most. That's wrong." an inner voice whispered.

To hell with that. It didn't matter how he made things happen. What matter was that they did happen and he had a part in that. He had a part in creating the perfect family that was full of happiness.

Kissing Delilah on the forhead, he turned and left heading back to his home at his clans compound.

(ooc : out)
Delilah 13 years ago
Luka left silently but Delilah's mind was occupied on what would happen next in the other room.

"Luka? You are sure taking a long time with that coffee." her mother scolded.

Quickly Delilah walked into the room with a timid smile and lifted the mug.

"I got it mom. Luka had to leave suddenly so he asked me to bring this to you."

Her mother's head turned to stare at her and for a moment Delilah's hope deflated.

"Oh, Delilah, I didn't hear you come in. Did you make that coffee or did Luka? He has a way to make it taste delectible. Did he make you a cup too? That boy is a keeper Delilah, don't you mess it up and chase him off like those others."

Delilah handed her mom the steaming mug and sat next to her on their plush couch like she had done a million times before. This time her mother grabbed the remote and turned the vampire TV show back on.

"I won't momma." Delilah whispered as she pat the older woman's leg.

A silent tear of happiness slid down Delilah's cheek as they sat together and ironically watched vampires tear into each other. In the end she didn't have to say anything at all because event his was good enough for her. She would thank Luka for eternity.

(ooc : Out)