I Think We're Alone Now ((Attn: Amir))

Slightly dazed, Dana took a moment to collect herself, as she did so she ran through a mental map of the Manor. Her room while lower in the building was closer than Amir's as there was a more direct route and she didn't discount the fact that she was not quite perfectly ready to face what had happened the last time she'd been to his room.

With a mischievous little smile playing about her lips, she took his hand in his and hurried them along through the Manor halls. If anyone were to come upon them, it would seem as if they were running from some misdeed, as her steps were light and quick and often seemed as though they did not touch the ground. Once at the bottom of a flight of stairs she stopped and kissed him soundly, before continuing their brief journey with a light-hearted giggle.

Opening the door, a soft green flickering met them. She'd found these neat little light bulbs that simulated candle flame, and had put one in the dragon lamp. It had the charming effect of throwing jade and black shadows across her walls giving her the pleasant sensation of falling to sleep each morning enveloped in some leprechaun's hearth fire.

The grin still about her countenance, she pulled him into the emerald shadows of her room.

Amir 13 years ago
Amir traveled alongside Dana, his strides deceptively smooth, eating away at the distance between the observatory and her room without seeming to move that quickly. The clandestine air suited him; for reasons he wasn't entirely certain of he felt like he was doing something forbidden. It was as if, having reconnected with Subira, having re-focused himself on his task, his resolve had fled at the first hint of enjoyment. It only made it that much better in his opinion. Yes, he should probably step back. No, he wasn't going to.

As they entered the flickering jade-lit bedroom Dana called her own, Amir swung the door quietly shut behind them and tugged back at Dana, pulling her gently but firmly into his arms and leaning down to continue where he'd so recently left off, recapturing her lips and lifting her easily up. His hands, splayed across her back, discovered the zipper on the back of her gown and eased it gently down. Fangs were all it took to pull the capped sleeves from her shoulders. Freeing himself from her mouth he lifted her just a little more, sighing at the feel of her body sliding along his, and let his mouth travel down over her delicate collarbones to the swell of her breasts.

As Dana's arms looped themselves around his neck he glanced up at her and smiled a slow, wicked smile. If this was what downtime was, he was going to get very... efficient.
Dana 13 years ago
It was a simple thing to give over to the wanton abandon she felt building in her head as her legs wrapped themselves around Amir's waist. Her body was eager and responsive to his touch and she gave him the little noises he was seeking with the kiss there.

The dress stopped where her body met his, and her foot was beginning to become tangled in the cloth, so with a bit of movement, and using his body as leverage, the lovely gown so carefully chosen and arranged slithered to the ground in a whisper of silk on organza.
Amir 13 years ago
As Dana shed her only clothing with almost unbelievable ease, Amir stopped trying to analyze the situation at all. Before he knew it he was holding Dana's warm body naked against his, which was still fully clothed. He stayed where he was, however, enjoying the warmth of her through the fabric of his shirt, his hands and mouth the only parts of him thus far to truly enjoy touching her.

He leaned back against the closed door, resting his shoulder blades against it, continuing his gentle travel across Dana's chest, down through the valley between her breasts. Swooping back upwards he made a soft circle around one breast before reaching the center. Careful of his fangs this time he softly entrapped her nipple between his teeth, his tongue flicking lightly against it. Tightening his arms around her waist to hold her closer he sucked gently before releasing her and moving his attentions to her other breast.

All the while her tiny noises were the only sound filling the room, punctuated by an occasional breath. It was as if the entire world had stopped; the Manor could have burned down around them and he suspected neither of them would notice.
Dana 13 years ago
With her head thrown back in abandon, and her hips pressed as closely to him as she could get them, Dana took a moment to wonder how it was Amir could make her forget everything with just the touch of his hand.

Her mind was no longer cluttered with such trivial worries about working for the man she loved, or reconciling herself to Mara, or seeking out Bao for a lesson in stillness, or any of the hundred other things that had been lodged there for days.

They melted away as his lips traveled further down her body, while his hands lifted her higher to his roaming lips. They were gone by the time he walked with her to the large opulent bed, now draped in gold and crimson silks and covered in feather pillows. Her turbulent mind was full of nothing more than him, when he tossed her lightly to the silken surface, and came after her like a jungle cat to his prey.
Amir 13 years ago
The heat built quickly between himself and Dana, and by the time he lifted her onto her own bed and shed the remnants of his clothing he was hungry enough to devour her. Amir didn't wait for Dana to position herself fully on the bed; once he settled her on her back he was upon her, muscles tensed and ready to strike, sharpened fangs gleaming in the dim verdant light.

Measuring her with his dark eyes Amir slid himself over her, wrapping her up into his arms to pull her tightly to him as he grazed her skin gently with the tips of his fangs, promising but not biting. Not yet. As she arched her back he met her halfway, moving forward and entering gently, fully, with a soft, satisfied growl.

Amir relaxed back, half-kneeling on Dana's bed, half-standing on the floor, arms around her, pulling her needlessly against him. He lifted his head away from her neck and watched her closely, waiting for her next move. He had promised her that edge of danger again, the reckless side of himself that had threatened her previously. Only, he had promised control and now he had it. The edge was there, raw and unbridled, but restrained. Where Dana wanted it to go and how fast was up to her; he'd set the pace last time. Now was for Dana.
Dana 13 years ago
It was like discovering you'd not quite made it home, though you thought you were, but you turn a bend and there...there is the place you belong, when he slipped into her. He filled her and she felt whole and alive and wanted, all in one swift motion, one that had been repeated between man and woman since the beginning of their existence on this earth.

She lifted her hips to him, reveling in his body across hers, in the tease of his fangs upon her skin. The memory of the night on the beach under the moonlight, flooded back to her. The edge of sanity that they'd rode, the danger and loss of control, so tempting a thing to repeat. Though, Amir would never lose control with her again. He would not take so much from her, savage her in such a way. It was...almost a pity.

Slim, small legs wrapped themselves around his waist, and with them she pulled him closer. She was quite happy to lose control, but not in that sense. Not tonight. Tonight she needed things that had no violence behind them. She needed to touch and taste, to feel and be felt, to love and be loved.

Her hips rocked against his, as she pressed a kiss to his collar bone, effectively hiding away her neck, but not rejecting his offer in a way that was hurtful. It felt good to be bitten, and to do so in the height of passion was incredible, but tonight...tonight she wanted worship.
Amir 13 years ago
Amir smiled into Dana's neck and, as she turned her head, gently pressed his fangs against her skin, not breaking it, then pulling away. He laughed, the noise low and silken as it erupted, tacit approval of her desires but a rain check for his. He froze for a moment, closed his eyes, and put the leash back on the beast within. When he touched his mouth again to her skin, it was with gentle lips instead of fangs.

Instead of embracing that urgent, desperate edge from the ocean side he lifted one hand, brushed her fair curls away from her face, and began a rhythmic motion at a teasingly slow pace. Dana's legs around his waist kept him close, but not so close that he couldn't adjust. Every ounce of attention was tuned to her body, adjusting, tantalizing, as he responded to her motions and her noises.

She had communicated her desires clearly, and while Amir's past liaisons had all been enjoyable, none of them had the depth of emotion, of closeness, that he felt for Dana. Still unable to truly name it, not certain she and he felt the exact same thing, he nonetheless cared for her, needed her in ways he hadn't expected to. He expressed that to her now, his careful tenderness proof of that closeness, as he slowly, gently, lifted her to the heights she sought.
Dana 13 years ago
She soared, caught on the wings of delight and passion. With a feeling of cradled love, she floated back down through the heavens, through the clouds, the sky, down past the mountain's top, and slowly back to rest upon the silk and feather opulence of her bed.

Amir hovered above her, his smile, the one she'd notice he gave only to her, was on his lips. She returned it with the one reserved for him alone. Peace and warmth suffused her, as she tilted her head to the side and studied him a moment.

With a bit of shifting, they moved up onto the bed, and Dana curled herself about him with a soft shuddering sigh.

"Mmmm, I missed you."
Amir 13 years ago
Even slow and gentle only went so far. By the time Dana was pressed against him, voicing her release as her body shuddered around him, Amir wasn't far behind. They collapsed back to Dana's bed together, equally spent, equally sated. Dana's smile was infectious and Amir returned it.

As they rearranged themselves more comfortably, Amir looked down at Dana as she lay curled against him.

"I didn't go anywhere," he pointed out, his matter-of-fact tone offsetting the softness of his voice.

He was curious as to how Dana had spent the last couple of nights. She'd had plenty on his mind, but he wouldn't ask her to reveal her thoughts to him. It was clear by her actions that she had come to some sort of decision, or at least some kind of reconciliation. If she was at peace with that, then it was well enough for now.
Dana 13 years ago
A soft laugh escaped her. "I know, neither did I, still I missed you just the same."

She settled herself a bit more closely to him. She wanted to talk, but not to disrupt the mood they'd just created for themselves. But perhaps it was a perfect environment for it. She'd feel her way through it.

"I worked night before last, so technically I wasn't here until dawn. Tonight however I was here, I finally found my way down to the stables and had the glorious privilege of riding one of the manor horses."

She sighed, reliving the indulgence. It had been a lovely ride. It had been a nice way to end such a difficult week in her life. There was more she wanted to say, but she wanted to ease into it all and not while she was still high on sensation from their coupling.
Amir 13 years ago
This was the part Amir didn't quite get sometimes, but he was almost willing to attribute it to the basic differences in their personalities. His reaction, had he missed Dana in the past 48 hours, would have been to go find her. He hadn't made himself unavailable; she hadn't had any real cause to miss him. Dana had a romantic side though, and Amir wasn't always on that page.

Instead of being able to return the sentiment exactly, Amir just tightened his arms around her and said,
"I'm here now."

He nodded against her hair as she described her recent activities to him. He couldn't say he'd done the same. His past two days had been spent reading, watching movies, and sleeping under a pile of blankets in his blessedly cool apartment. There had been some planning involved as well, but he wasn't about to go into that either. Not after last time.
Dana 13 years ago
A gentle sighed moan followed his words. "Yes, you are."

Her body molded against his, her head pillowed on his shoulder. This was her absolute favorite way to lay with Amir. "And...I spoke with Lady Erin."

The words were quiet, and spoken with the sadness she felt from that conversation.
Amir 13 years ago
Amir absently stroked Dana's tousled hair and looked down at her with interest when she mentioned her creator's name, not oblivious to the undertones in her voice.

"You did?"

It was something she clearly wanted to talk about but Amir wasn't going to press her. Dana would get to it in her own time. He didn't regret his words from a few nights earlier. His bluntness, perhaps, but then that was characteristic of him and he could no more change that than he could stop being a vampire. Perhaps Lady Erin had had different motives for turning Dana, but almost a thousand years down the road, they looked shallow to Amir's eyes.
Dana 13 years ago
Dana simply nodded, and was quiet for several long minutes. She wanted to talk, needed to really, and would but needed a moment. Amir wouldn't press, he'd wait, but the silence had an expectant quality to it.

"I'm afraid you are right about Lady Erin, and while I'm sad about it, perhaps it is for the best. I can move on now. I don't understand it and I'm not sure I ever will, as it seems the only reason I am here now is because I asked to leave."

Another small sigh lifted her chest. "It makes me wonder why I never asked before. I do not like that I was so complacent. It is not something I will chose for myself again. I like the me I am right now, even the icky bits, and I'm really looking forward to becoming a better version of me."

She smiled against his chest, letting the happiness of that over come the grief of separating herself from her maker. Aside from the bit of ugliness that now rested in her heart and the seriousness of the werewolves, she was indeed happy.
Amir 13 years ago
Amir listened as Dana told him about her own creator, surprised that she had obtained the information she'd wanted so easily.

"She said as much?" The question was slightly skeptical. Why would Dana's creator so easily admit what Dana was to her? There were some occasions on which Amir was not so happy to be right. The knowledge of being turned just to be used as someone's dress-up doll couldn't possibly be comfortable to Dana, who was, or had been, so fond of her creator.

"You're sure she wasn't just trying to get you to stay here and keep exploring?"

Even as he said it, he doubted it. That would be a cruel way to introduce someone to the larger world when they had already taken that step away. There was nothing to be gained from it; it would only serve to hurt.

Amir shook his head against Dana's hair.
"You had no need to wonder," he said. "Why would you, when all that you needed was right there, given to you?"

He chuckled at her words. "We all have icky bits. You simply can't live without them."

It was true. Amir had his own flaws, he knew them well. His impulsiveness, his inability to sustain himself for more than a day or to without feeding, his irrational fears. He dealt with those. Dana would deal with her problems too.
Dana 13 years ago
Dana blew out a breath and sat up a little. "It is sweet of you to try and find some altruistic motive for Lady Erin's words, but they were as plain as the light of dawn, as she is not a woman to sugar coat things, when forced to answer unhappy questions."

Pushing up a bit more, she smiled at him. "I thought for a little while about what my life would have been like had I been sent into the world sooner, and I realized that I might not have met you, or Bao, or even Mara. I wouldn't know Ysabel, and it is possible I might not have my music. I do not regret my life, not all of it. I don't understand her motives, but then I've never had a maternal inclination, not even when I was human."

She moved until her legs were beneath her and she knelt beside him. "I have thought through a great many things, and I find I am well in my heart about all of them." Placing her hand on his chest, she leaned forward a bit. "All of them."
Amir 13 years ago
Amir tilted his head at Dana, not really responding to her views on his motives. He hadn't said what he'd said to be 'sweet,' or in some other way be kind to her. Had he? Well, maybe. In the long run, he was happy Dana had found out about her creator, and satisfied to have been right although he'd have preferred that satisfaction hadn't come at the expense of Dana's hurt feelings.

"You shouldn't regret," Amir said, agreeing with her. "Regret is a thing of the past, dwelling upon that which can't be changed. You just play the cards you've been dealt and move ahead. It's hard to let things go sometimes, but if you don't, you're going to find yourself bogged down in hundreds of years of might-haves and what-ifs."

He offered her a soft smile at her resolve, enjoying the fact that she seemed to be reveling in her new-found strength.
Dana 13 years ago
Dana smiled at him, a bright easy smile. She still had things she wished to talk about, but bringing such ugliness into their comfortable little bubble did not appeal. They would talk, they would work things out, but for now they would love and enjoy one another.

"Mmm, I don't know that I want to play the what-if game for that long."

She laughed softly, and leaned down to press her lips to his. With a soft sigh she melted against him, once more stretching her body along his.
Amir 13 years ago
"I think it's been played long enough," Amir said with a nod, lips smiling down at her as she re-nestled herself.

He returned her kiss softly, stroking her hair absently. "See, you made a decision, and you went and grew again," he teased lightly. "Just see that you don't turn into someone completely different."

Amir tilted his head down at Dana. "I do sort of like you as you." It was all a joke; he had told her before he'd like her for who she was no matter who she was, and that was true enough. As long as she didn't suddenly develop an overwhelming case of adoration for humankind or sympathy for unworthy vampires, Amir imagined his feelings would remain the same.

If Dana had anything else to say, she didn't go into it. He mentally shrugged to himself. Whatever she wanted to tell him would come out in time. And that was something they all had plenty of.

((ooc: Dana and Amir out))