Visit (att: Luka)

The sun had just offically set and Diane checked her watch. It was nine p.m. and she sighed. Technically little Joe should be getting into bed right about now but it was just so nice out. The fresh air was good for him and if he went to bed an hour late for it, so be it. The porch light flicked on and she set her magazine into her lap.

"Ten more minutes!" She yelled out as she watched his little head of dark curls zip by. Two dogs chased after him in a slow romp that was playful. Diane shook her head, they had to be on lap nine around the house by now.

Picking back up the gossip rag she half read while listening to the sounds of play.

Luka 13 years ago
Standing in the trees that lined the west side of the lot, Luka watched as the porch light came on.

This was the wolf womans house that attacked Delilah. He could see her auburn hair against the glare from the porch light. She was also the one who killed Chryseis.

As he stood and watched he heard the barking of dogs and caught a flash of movement in the dark. Luka squinted his eyes and was surprised to see child running around in a close circle about the perimetere of the house. He had to be at least four but no older than six. Luka couldn't tell. Guessing ages on children was never his thing.

Seeing the boy as an opportunity, Luka rushed from the thick trees where he hid, to behind the tall house. As the small boy rounded the corner he skidded to a halt. The barking dogs barreling around the corner after him doing the same. Immediately they silenced and took position on either side of the boy.

Dropping down into a squat, Luka smiled at the boy.
Diane 13 years ago
Renee Zellweger was getting married again. Well was that news worth knowing. Diane snapped the magazine shut and noticed it was quiet. Furrowing her brows together she strained to listen. Where was Joe? Where were the dogs?

Diane stood up and stepped to the porch rail, leaning over it to look around the house.

"Joe?" She shouted into the yard. The stars and partial moon made the night seem brighter.

"Right here mom." Came a small voice from behind her.

Spinning around, Diane's skin crawled and her blood froze at what she saw. Standing next to her son, holding his hand was a tall dark man. The two stepped from the shadows and her son smiled and ran forward tugging the strangers hand.

"Mom, he was lost in our yard looking for you. See I told you I could help you find her. She was right here on the porch silly goose." Joe let go of the man and hopped up the wooden porch steps.

Finding her voice and her strength Diane stepped to the front door and yanked it open. The stranger stayed where he was but watched as her son ran into the house.

"Joseph go to your room and find a book for us to read ok? I'll be in to read it to you soon."

Joe turned in the doorway ready to make an argument but Diane shot him a glare that sent him scampering. She closed the door and turned back to the man.

"Who are you."

She had a feeling she already knew what he was. There were no flashing neon signs that shouted it, but deep down she had a bad feeling about the man.
Luka 13 years ago
The fear was evident on the woman's face, but to her credit she recovered quickly and ushered her youngling inside. Luka watched the small boy contemplate arguing but with once glance from his mother he was swallowed up by the lights inside. This was the kind of childhood Luka had yearned for. One that he had prayed for as he was chained to the soiled mattress of the orphange, alongside his sister and several others. To have a mother who would read to him each night was a dream he had quickly realized would never happen. He hadn't learned to read himself until he joined the army.

"You have a lucky son there." He said absently.

His gaze left the sanctuary of the home he never had and traveled to the womans face. She was beautiful in a nonassuming way. Her thick red hair was drawn back in a low tie at the base of her neck. The blue v-neck tshirt she wore had a cartoon cupcake on it and had been paired with faded blue jean shorts. She looked nice and safe, not at all like the violent shape shifting wolf that she was.
Diane 13 years ago
Diane narrowed her eyes at the man. If he so much as took a step towards the house she'd rip his throat out and stomp on it.

"I asked you a question, answer it and get off the property."

She searched her brain hard for his face and came up with nothing. There was no recognition to be found and that worried her even more. She didn't wonder how he had found her, they may have lived on the outter edges of the city but they weren't secretive about there where abouts. Hell the clinic was frequented daily as it should be.
Luka 13 years ago
Her voice snapped his attention back to reality.

"Oh do forgive me." Luka made a slight bow in her direction.

"I've come to see the vampire killer. I take it your her?"

Luka stayed where he was, knowing better than to move any closer. He hadn't come for a fight and the wolf woman didn't know that, yet.

He watched as her eyes widened and her nostrils flared delicately. She was the one.
Diane 13 years ago
"Get out of here now." She all but growled.

Her gut had been right. He wasn't a normal man. Fear bubbled up inside of her and wanted her to blurt out that it had been an accident. That she hadn't known the female vampire had been behind her.

Those were ridculous thoughts. The female had creapt up behind her to killer her, and on top of that, Diane had been there to kill Panos anyhow. She wasn't going to show this man weakness and play semantics.

"You are not welcome here and that's the only warning your going to get."
Luka 13 years ago
He noted how her small hands curled up into fists and her shoulders squared out. Whether she knew it or not she was sending off some pretty aggressive signals. That was not how you got someone off your property, in his opinion at least.

Her idle threat made his face crack. He couldn't hold the laughter in and he released it in a puff.

"A warning. That's funny because I've come here to warn you as well."

Now he did take a step closer to the porch.

"Delilah Bennett is mine, you stay away from her. Should so much as a hair on her head be injured, well..." He shrugged.

Luka was not like Panos. Where the man was weak, Luka was strong and skilled. It would be easy to take her out, part wolf or not. His job had been to kill people for years and it would be no different now.
Diane 13 years ago
What the hell.

This was so not what she had anticipated. A grudge for killing a member of his family or clan or whatever they called each other sure, but Delilah? Again? What was it with this girl and men flocking to protect her.

Diane rolled her eyes and felt her muscles loosen.

"I already told Panos she was safe from me as long as he stayed away. So far he has listened, but now your here."

This was too surreal. Diane wanted to smack the little blonde. Technically she already had, and you think that would have got the idea into her head. She had to eb attracted to danger.

"I honestly don't think she needs to be worried about me hurting her. Your the dangerous ones, not me."
Luka 13 years ago
Delilah was not the property of Panos and it angered him that this woman thought so.

"Delilah is MINE." He declared loudly.

Pulling back his emotional outburst Luka took a deep breath. There was no reason to get out of control. How would the woman know otherwise, he had only just come into town a few months ago.

"I am here on my own accord and Panos is not apart of this any longer. You hurt his pride, repeatedly. I'm sure he's given up by now, he can be foolish."

It was obvious that she thought herself better than him merely because of their, dare he say it? Blood. That was humorous as well and his smile reappeared.

"Are we really so different, you and I?"
Diane 13 years ago
The force behind his words shocked her. She had no intentions hunting down Delilah in the first place but this man gave her a new reason to stay away.

If Delilah wanted to play with fire than so be it.

"Well that's reassuring. Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. That makes me feel safe at night."

Diane shook her head and rolled her eyes. If only she could be so flippant about life or death issues.

"Did you really just ask me that?"

The man was crazy if he was seriously compairing himself to her. There was a long laundry list of reasons why they were nothing alike. For starters, she was alive and not a walking corpse.

"Let's see, I do normal people things like work, go outside in the day, pull weeds, watch TV, oh ya and not kill people. I don't see how were alike at all."

This conversation was absurd. Was she really standing here talking to a vampire like he was any other person? He was a predator and he came here with the sole purpose to threaten her home.
Luka 13 years ago
Luka couldn't resist laughing. This woman was strangely appealing, not at all offensive as he had thought she'd be. It was hard to remember the rage he had felt when he was digging around inside of Delilah's dream material and found what made up her nigthmares. The image of her flying through the air before hitting the ground had infuriated him.

The woman who had left his Delilah on the ground to die now stood before him and she was making him smile. It was a hard fact to swallow. Still he was not here to kill the woman, and he had not known Delilah when she had been harmed by protecting Panos. Luka was starting fresh with the woman and setting the lines down now, before they were crossed and things got messy.

"Your not a killer?" He knew the answer to the question already. It was merely a statement of accusation.

" I work as well, I own a few clubs in Romania. I could pull weeds if I had need but I live in a penthouse back home and those things are taken care of by maintence crews. Oh and I love TV. I literaly could watch it for hours. And going out in the daylight is neither this or that, just hours on the clock."

He waved his hand dismissively.

"But we both will do anything to protect what's ours, even if that means killing. It's a noble quality Diane, and both you and I posses it. That's what I'm doing here tonight. I'm not looking for a fight, I'm not trying to scare you or your family. Just because our genetics no longer match does not mean we are completely different."

Just then Luka had the strangest impulse to reach out and touch her.

"May I ask a favor of you?"
Diane 13 years ago
So her reasons had been lame, but the were teh first that popped outta her moth. And he did have her on the killing one. She would have argued that she had done it to protect her family but he was quick to tie them together that way as well.

It was when he said her name that she shivered. Hearing the syllables leave his lips creeped her out in a serious way. O course he'd know her name, he probably knew much more about her if he did his homework. Plus Delilah would have filled him in on the rest, or even Panos. Diane realized she had nothing on him.

"Ok, so I guess we might share some commonalities. But I still don't like your kind." She was sticking with blatant ignorance on this subject right or wrong.

"Haven't you already asked a favor? What else could you want?"
Luka 13 years ago
Luka admired her stubborness. It was both ridiculous and sweet. He could only shrug at her defiance and smirk. It was hard to argue with a person who refused to change their way of thinking.

A Person. The woman was much more than that wasn't she. SHe was a person who could remold her form into that of a wolf. It was fascinating and something he had never seen. He had heard of other clans who had shapeshifters but he hadn't even seen them do their thing. Luka wondered if this would be his chance to see her beast.

"Will you show me your true self?"

It didn't hurt to ask and he was dying to see it happen. Worse case scenerio she'd say no and then he'd be on his way, having said everything he came to say. On the plus side, she may as well change right now in front of him and he'd get to pet the wolf who terrorized his friends.
Diane 13 years ago
The man had charm she'd give him that. He didn't try to argue with her, he simply flashed a lopsided smile and shrugged.

Hmm. This encounter was seriously different than the ones before. This vampire was dare she say? Somewhat friendly and easy going.

Ya right, he'd kill her in the blink of an eye the second she gave her back to him.

His question threw her off guard. Her true self? What the hell did he mean? Her brows crunched together as she regarded him with absurd concern. Did he mean...He wanted her to Change?!

"You are nuts. The only way that's happening is if I'm half way through the air to rip your throat out. And for the record this is my true self." Diane questured at her body.

After all she was a human first and foremost. One who had been trapped and turned into a wolf. It hadn't been a happy go lucky Gift passed on from generations to be pleased with.

The man nodded, tucked his hands into his pockets and turned, walking back into the woods where he came from. Her mouth dropped open.

"Wait!" Diane called out as she scrambled to the porch railing. "Who are you!"
Luka 13 years ago
It appeared that tonight wouldn't be the night. Maybe another time he'd get to see her in action, only he hoped it wouldn't be because he came to kill her. She seemed to be truthful enough and he suspected that now that he had shown there was no threat, Diane wouldn't actively seek them out.

As he walked back to the woods he heard her call out to him. Luka looked over his shoulder and noted how she clung to the railing as she leaned over. Her pose was somewhat frantic if not filled with curiosity. Now she was feeling the same as he.

"Luka Balcescu." He answered in Romanian.

Quickly with ease he slid between the trees and started the mile walk back to his car that he had hidden down the road.

( ooc : Luka out)
Diane 13 years ago
Great. Diane had no idea what the man said. For all she knew he told her to get bent. What a strange language he spoke.

Diane watched as he slipped into the trees. With a half frown on her face she released the railing and made her way inside. Staring out from the screen door she made sure everything was deadly quiet before flicking off the light and closing the storm door tight.

(ooc : Diane out)