The cat came back...

Pak didn't have to drive too too often. After all, she lived in one tower and worked in the other. When she did have to drive for business, she could usually bully some one else it taking their car. That was part of the reason she'd managed to hang on to her 'Lil Bird for so long. Lately though she'd been trying to go out into the city a bit here and there. Partly to prove to herself she could do it and partly to prove to Kem and Aishe she was fine.

Making her way to her parking spot, which they wouldn't let her wall off no mater how many times she'd asked, tonight she saw a cat curled up next to one of the fins. Her first reaction was horror. What had the cat done to her car?! She didn't see any obvious damage and breathed a sigh of relief. Then she chased the cat off with a shout and some arm waving.

"Cat! Go sleep on one of the god damned Lexuses around here. You leave my car alone! Shoo!"Â?

The cat took off and Pak snorted in satisfaction.

"Stupid cat. Plenty of over rated yuppie cars and it picks mine."Â?

Still muttering she tossed her stuff in the passenger seat and drove off.

Pakpao 14 years ago
Wash rinse repeat. You'd think being the 'glamorous' undead would exempt one from the daily grind. It didn't. Pak trudged down to the parking garage muttering under her breath, half at herself half at her 'children' as she tried to organize a few things for an early meeting. By early she meant 8pm. Well it early for her and she hadn't even had coffee.

Fishing her keys out of her bag, she managed to drop them, and then dropped some files and nearly dropped her laptop.

"God damned son of a bitch. If this wasn't a Linux application I would turn around and go back up stairs right now."Â?

Casting a quick glance around to see if there was any one to see and deciding there wasn't Pak mentally retrieved her keys and set about picking up the papers. She sure as hell wasn't going to pick them up by hand, she might chip a nail or something. Wondering if she could call in sick she open the passenger door and shoved her things inside. As she closed the door and went to walk around to the driver's side, she was confronted by that cat again. Only this time it was making itself at home on the back of a Lexus and watching her rather intently.

"And I suppose you thought that was funny."Â?

It was a good-looking cat, certainly not your average stray. Huh.

Pak shrugged it off. What did she know about cats.

"I'm glad you took my advice about the Lexus though. Do me a favor and avoid the BMWs thought. I'm sure I'd get blamed if you left foot prints."Â?

Great she was talking to a cat and late. Pak threw herself in the car and headed off to her meeting while practicing her polite and professional smile.
Pakpao 14 years ago
Not that she would ever admit it, but Pak was actually starting to look forward to seeing the cat. It had been five days now and it was always there. She'd tried to take it into the towers with her, but it had made it clear that it didn't want to go.

Still she'd gotten rather friendly with the animal. The cat would even let her pet it now. In return Pak had taken to leaving something for the animal to eat. She'd also named the cat, Pĕe. Roughly translated it meant ghost or spirit. For the cat's part it had never again let her find it on the T-Bird and seemed to stay away from the Bemmers.

"You still here Pĕe?"�

Pĕe just looked at her until Pak scratched her behind the ears. That earned Pak a purr and made the vampire smile.

"I keep Googling you, just to see if you are lost or a cat show escapee and nothing. I'm starting to think you don't exist and defiantly earned your name."Â?

Of course the cat had no answer for this.

Her daughter, however, spoke up and once again asked if they could keep the cat. Not even thinking about it Pak answered the voice only she could hear.

"We've been over this. No we can't keep her, she doesn't want to be kept. Go play with your brother. I need to find dinner.

Good night Pĕe. Same time tomorrow."�

That said she set down a very small can of tuna for the cat, got in her car and went to look for a snack. No prostitutes though, she still wasn't ready for that which did make hunting harder, but she was managing.

((OOC... out.))