Wherever I may roam

They walked down the semi crowded sidewalk of the strip with no real location in mind. Delilah had wanted to get out and go shopping. Shopping apparently meant walking up and down the street staring into windows ooooing and aaahing over items she refused to go in and try on.

"It has to speak to me." She had told him when he grew impatient.

He settled with remaining somber and kept high alert on anyone who drew to close. Panos was still paranoid about who they may run into out in the open. He had rarely taken her out of the Domicile for that reason alone. Now she was compaling of catching cabin fever. Her tantrum had resulted in this little trip into the public.

Maybe he was being over protective, maybe even overbearing, but it didn't really matter. It wasn't going to be his fault that someone else got killed again.

They had been walking a block when the tingling sensation began at the nape of his neck. They were being followed, he could feel it. As casual as he could he threw small glances back behind them to try and get a spot on who was following. It was obviously a man, but other than he couldn't see anything. Tall and shrouded in darkness, the man matched their pace and movement.

Delilah was unaware as usual and she prattled away about some designer shoe they had just passed. He barely heard her as he kept his dedicated attention on the person behind them.

Luka 14 years ago
It was easy to spot his old friend amongst the crowds. Panos always had a woman or two draped over his arm and tonight was no different. Luka hid a smile and shook his head. Some thing never changed.

He kept a good twenty paces behind the couple as they filtered through the street, casually stopping at shop windows and peering inside. Was Panos really shopping with this woman? He must be appeasing her before she returned the favor later that evening.

Luka could tell by Panos's sudden rigid stance that he knew he was being followed. It was time to step up the game. Luka waited until the couple crossed an alley way before he breezed in and out of the general public and slammed into Panos full speed. The force of his weight knocked the two of them into the alley's darkness and out of the view of the humans.

Luka heard a low hiss and felt Panos spin to attack. He was no match for the older vampire so Luka shifted away out of his reach with a laugh.
Panos Mehalitsenos 14 years ago
Panos had anticipated the attack and when they went kareening into the alley he made sure to keep his footing. The man's grapple fell short as Panos began to turn and swing out at the black wool coat that was now backing away.

The attacker side stepped two more blows before Panos good senses kicked in and he calmed himself. There was something familiar about the way the man moved. He threw a glance over his shoulder to see Delilah frozen up against the brick wall of the department store. The attacker was focused on him and him only. He hoped Delilah stayed frightened enough to stay put.

Standing up straight, Panos rolled his shoulders back and tried to use reason with their unknown assailant.

"Is there something I can help you with friend? I can asure you this isn't a fight your likely to win."
Delilah 14 years ago
This was all her fault. She could almost hear him saying it now, that is if they made it back home.

Delilah was frozen with anger at the injustice of it already. Who did this ass think he was to attack them and ruin her perfectly good shopping opportunity. Pauly was NEVER going to take her back out again and she'd rot in that stupid tomb forever.

How was this even her fault really? She wasn't the danger magnet he was! She was simply a human being who happened to like clothing and shoes a great deal. What did she do to deserve this!

The argument was properly forming in Delilah's mind, ready to be used the second Pauly got lippy when she eye'd a rusty piece of metal on the ground near her. It looked like it had broken off the emergency ladder from above and it also looked lethal.

Slowly she inched down to a crouch and reached for the metal, readying it in her hand. She'd teach this asshole a thing or two about ruining a girls night out.
Luka 14 years ago
Anger had always been Panos's first instinct and it amused Luka to see him so easily calm himself. It would be a lie to say he wasn't also a bit shocked as well.

"What could you possibly help me with? I don't need help from anyone."

It had been years since he had heard that very sentence spoken by Panos. It had been said over beers in a tavern very far away from this happening city with it's shiney lights and twenty four hour shops.

Stepping closer, Luka relaxed his grip on his long wool coat, letting his face clearly show.

"It has been a long time my brother, I am sorry to say I thought we'd have more of a show than this from you. I'll take what I can get though. I thought you'd never come out of the Domicile."
His eyes widened as a voice from the past mocked him.

"Luka! What are you doing in town! The Domicile? If you knew I was there why didn't you just come see me? How long are you here for? Where's Maggie and Toma?"

Panos fired off the questions before he abruptly lurched forward and embraced Luka. It had been far too long since he had seen his friend. Luka and his twin sister Magda along with her lover Toma had been like a true family to him for about twelve years during the 1990's and early 2000. It was on Luka's urging that Panos traveled to Nachton to find both his exsisting blood relative and Tacharan. Now to see him here in The States was a spark of light in his monotomous life.

Releasing Luka, he stood back and shook his head.

"There's not much show left here, Good or bad I've settled down some. Let's get out of this alley before people think we're the worst sorts of life."

His grin melted away as he saw a flash of blonde dart past him.

"Delilah! No!"
Luka 14 years ago
They embraced and Luka was reminded of what it was like to be around others besides his sister and Toma. His decision to come to Nachton had not been made out of haste.

"So many questions, so much time. Comming to your room and knocking on the door just didn't seem ... I don't know, fun? Besides I have not been in town for long. Magda and Toma are back home in Romania, thank god because if she heard you called her Maggie she'd have a fit. As for me,"

Luka shrugged.

"I will be around as long as I like I suposse. I have no deadlines placed on me."

The truth was, Magda was pissed at him for leaving and he was in no hurry to get back to her.

Panos had forgotten about his human in their reuniting and it looked like she had finally worked up the courage to try and attack him. Panos shouted her name but Luka had been paying attention since she picked up the sharpened object and was now ready for her. He grabbed her tiny raised wrist yanking her up off the ground and held her at arms length while she kicked and screamed.

"Is this yours?" Luka asked with a half smirk.
Delilah 14 years ago
Delilah hadn't been listening to a word they said. She had been readying herself to attack and this time she wasn't going to be knocked down. She'd take the man by surprize and give Pauly a chance to get them outta there.

Her flats didn't provide much launching power off the concrete but she was glad she hadn't worn heels. She charged at him with her arm raised hoping she could land a blow somewhere vital.

The next few seconds were a blur of shouts and then suddenly she was dangling the air. Kicking and screaming, she tried to reach his stupid smirking face with her free hand to no avail.

"Put me down you oaf! Pauly! Do something!" she shouted.

Looking in Pauly direction, she saw him shaking his head with his eyes closed. What the fuck was going on?

"She's a firey one isn't she?" The stranger said with a thickly coated accent.
Panos temples throbbed needlessly.

It was useless to try and watch over Delilah. She threw herself into every dangerous situation she could at an alarming speed. What had she thought she would accomplish attacking Luka? Granted there was no way she could have known he was a vampire but still, didn't she think it a little odd that they had stopped fighting?

The woman was insufferable.

"You could say that." Panos answered Luka's reference to ownership of Delilah.

"She's heavily spirited as you can see. If you will let her down, she wont make an attempt at you again. I appologize for her indiscretion. She doesn't get out much anymore."

Crossing his arms over his chest he watched as Luka slowly lowered Delilah to the ground almost teasingly. He didn't miss the hungry look in Luka's eyes and he was unsure how toproceed. Back during his time in Romania, Panos and Luka had hunted together. It wasn't uncommon of them to share a meal and they often had. But that was then, and this was now. How did he tell his friend that he wasn't as unrestrained as he had been in previous years? Inwardly he didn't want to disapoint Luka.

"Delilah, I think you should go home." He said before she could begin squaking at him. Her mouth was already dropping but he already had his phone out.

After Chryseis's demise, all of her estate had been forwarded to him. This included her strangely loyal human servant, who still wished to work for Panos simply because "his madame would have wanted it so ". Perhaps Chryseis had left the man a huge sum of money, Panos didn't know or care. It was a new afforded convience that he was getting used to.

The text message ahd been sent, along with their where abouts to be picked up. The faster he could get Delilah out of there the better. He really didn't have any idea of Luka's self controll these days and he didn't feel like gambling.

"Luka, if you will give us a minute?"

Roughly grabbing Delilah by the bicep he pulled her to the street curb, leaving Luka in the shadows of the alley. Her mouth was moving but the sound hadn't caught up just yet and Panos took the opening.

"Listen to me right now and do not argue. Go back to the domicile and my quaters, don't talk to anyone and don't dally around. Do you understand me?"

He could tell from the look forming on her face that she was not happy. His only hope was that she'd for once just listen to him without argument.
Delilah 14 years ago
The fury was bubbling up inside of her but she kept a tight lip. If he thought he could just get rid of her like an old newspaper he was dead wrong. Delilah was quickly devising a plan and for now she'd let Pauly think she was on her way home. If he wanted to play big strong protector than fine she'd let him think that's just what he was.

This man was obviously someone Pauly knew and did not want her to meet. That made the dark man even more interesting.

"Fine. I'll go home."

The look on his face was of pure surprize. She smiled smugly and as the large white Caddi pulled up she let Pauly open the door for her and she got in. As the door clicked shut Delilah stared straight ahead and waited for the driver to pull away.

"Uptown please. To the residential neighborhood on Lofton street."

Delilah was going home alright, to her home and not his wretched prison of moving corpses.
Luka 14 years ago
Luka watched the interaction between the two with interest. By the time Panos turned back to him, the smile he was desperatly trying to hide had crept up higher. The scowl Panos gave him made him downright laugh out loud.

"What was all that? I didn't know you were into ordering take out."

The look Panos gave him left him confused. His friend looked unsure of himself, this wasn't the man Luka knew.

"What's this?" Luka questioned.

Panos sighed and ran his hand through his hair. Luka watched the mans eyes search for the answers on the alley cement.
It was interesting how much could change in a little bit of time. What hadn't happened in hundreds of year, somehow amassed in less than a century. Previously Panos would never have thought about how he appeared before others, nor would he have thought about their opinion. Somehow that had been all changed in barely five years. Now as he looked at Luka, his friend who knew him as anybody had, he understood the confusion written on the man's face, and he stressed about how to answer.

"Delilah is not dinner. I keep her around, she did errands for me in the day time when I could not."

It was the simplest answer he had and he shrugged. That hadn't been so hard now had it? If Luka believed him or not was up to Luka and Panos was resigned to the fact it was something he couldn't control.

"As that stands, don't drink from the help ok?"

He hoped that hadn't sounded harsh and he waited for Luka's response with tension.
Luka 14 years ago
Luka was having a hard time watching Panos struggle with words. It made him want to burst out laughing but he restrained himself as it seemed his friend was having a truly difficult time.

Panos's shoulders were straight and his stance rigid, this was rare form for the old man. Luka shifted his weight on to his left foot. Was Panos afraid of what HE thought of him? So he liked the humans company, no big deal, it happened to the best of them. Why was he pretending it was such a secret?

It was about the point when Panos tried to tactfully ask Luka not to eat his human that he lost it. Laughter burst forth from Luka so hard that he had to lean forward to catch his breath. He braced his hands on his knees for support and let the laughter die down on its own. Once he had his wits about him he stood straight once more and slapped Panos on the shoulder.

"Good god man, so you are keeping a human around without draining her. Whats the big deal? She performs a service for you and dont think I missed that she is strikingly simular to the woman you've described to me from your past, Holly was her name? I'm surprised she's human at all."

Luka grinned and shook his head. Panos was giving him one of his very irriatated looks but he ignored it.

"Listen brother, I've not come to judge, that is not my place, let us visit! Show me this all hour town you've hidden yourself in. It must be interesting if it's kept you from placing a simple phone call to an old friend! You must fill me in, and show me where all the lovely ladies are. I'm sure you've seen your share, theres a reason you've been missing for this long and I want to hear it."

Luka wrapped his arm around Panos and he watched as his friend suddenly relaxed. They were going to have a good evening of catching up and catching a bite just like old times.

(ooc : Luka out)
It was hard to be around Luka for longer and not be infected by his perpetually good mood. If there was such thing as a happy vampire Luka would be in the description. The man had a way of turning any situation around to see the light of it.

Why had he thought Luka was going to be mad at him? It had really been too long.

Panos let Luka turn him back towards the street and they walked out of the alley together. There was a lot in the city for the young Romanian to see and Panos was sure there was nothing in Bucarest that would rival Nachton. It was Luka's first real night in the city and Panos was going to make sure it was one to remember.

As they walked away, Panos had all but forgotten about Delilah. As far as he knew, she was back at the Domicile safe and sound and he wasn't going to spend one more ounce of thought on her. It was a refreshing change of pace.

(ooc : Panos & Delilah out)